• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Awesome Turtwig.

Open the pac of the character you are putting Dialga on top of, and find out what the bone ID of the TransN bone is, then, open your pac with Dialga imported over it. Find the bone with that bone ID (For Dugtrio, it was randomname_RotN, which is unsed anyways)

Treat that bone as if it were TransN! There is no need to rename the bone as long as that same ID moves correctly. Give it a go and let me know how it goes/if you need more help.

EDIT: You might get a problem where he teleports directly to the end of the animation. If you get this, put 0 as the value for frame 1, and once your last frame is keyframed, go through and keyframe ONLY THE Z movement of the values in between. It takes a few minute, but it will solve the problem.
I have the same problem too

and I will try it and see if it works :3

@Pichu_815: thanks :3

EDIT: woaw, thanks n64billy, it works 8D
NO MORE FREEZE! *insert evil laught here*

Topichu

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't I'm sorry, but I tried to make a model and when I placed it in the game, it could move and attack, but was perfectly still with his arms up and would stay that way, even while moving or attacking. Can anyone tell me why does that happen so I can prevent it?

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and if it isn't I'm sorry, but I tried to make a model and when I placed it in the game, it could move and attack, but was perfectly still with his arms up and would stay that way, even while moving or attacking. Can anyone tell me why does that happen so I can prevent it?
What do you mean when you say you made a model? I assume you mean you swapped one over another character, yes? If you haven't made any animations, the problem is probably that the new model's bones are named something different from the original's, so none of the original animations register on the new model. If so, then what you're seeing is what's called the T-pose; the generic pose that the model is in when there are no animations for what it's doing.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Awesome Turtwig.

Open the pac of the character you are putting Dialga on top of, and find out what the bone ID of the TransN bone is, then, open your pac with Dialga imported over it. Find the bone with that bone ID (For Dugtrio, it was randomname_RotN, which is unsed anyways)

Treat that bone as if it were TransN! There is no need to rename the bone as long as that same ID moves correctly. Give it a go and let me know how it goes/if you need more help.

EDIT: You might get a problem where he teleports directly to the end of the animation. If you get this, put 0 as the value for frame 1, and once your last frame is keyframed, go through and keyframe ONLY THE Z movement of the values in between. It takes a few minutes, but it will solve the problem.
For WHAT value? Gardevoir has this problem too ;_; And what do you mean the Z movement? The Z on the TransN bone?

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
For WHAT value? Gardevoir has this problem too ;_; And what do you mean the Z movement? The Z on the TransN bone?
1. Put 0 as the Z Translation value of the TransN bone on frame 1.
2. Put whatever value you want in the Z Translation value of the TransN bone on the last frame.
3. Make the Z Translation value for the TransN bone in each frame a keyframe.

I don't know if that's exactly what n64billy meant, but that's what I did and the glitch went away.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I swapped a model and part of it was invisible. Anyone know why? This seems to happen a lot with the pokemon (from pokeballs) except their entire body is invisible.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I swapped a model and part of it was invisible. Anyone know why? This seems to happen a lot with the pokemon (from pokeballs) except their entire body is invisible.
Same thing happened with Primid when I put him on Samus or Pikachu. It is a problem with bone placement. I managed to fix it by just swapping in Primid's animations.

Topichu

Smash Cadet
What do you mean when you say you made a model? I assume you mean you swapped one over another character, yes? If you haven't made any animations, the problem is probably that the new model's bones are named something different from the original's, so none of the original animations register on the new model. If so, then what you're seeing is what's called the T-pose; the generic pose that the model is in when there are no animations for what it's doing.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I'm kinda a noob to this, so it sucked to keep burning a disc to which always had that stupid "T-pose". Next chance I get, I'll rename it properly. Thanks :bee:!

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Ive been trying to get used to brawl box. The problem I'm having right now is that I'm using Silver the Hedgehogs model and trying to place it over Yellow Alloy...It isn't going to well...I can't even get him to move...can anyone spare advice?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
im trying to get a groudon going with a edited bowser moveset anyone wanna help?
cuz idk how to do the bone thing
ive heard its somewhere in this thread but im to lazy to read the whole thing either give me a link or tutorial?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Ive been trying to get used to brawl box. The problem I'm having right now is that I'm using Silver the Hedgehogs model and trying to place it over Yellow Alloy...It isn't going to well...I can't even get him to move...can anyone spare advice?
For the final time you guys, and listen, NONE OF THE SONIC CHARACTERS WORK.
Jesus Christ, someone add this to the OP! I know you guys are drooling Silver fanboys, but he WON'T WORK. Okay?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
For the final time you guys, and listen, NONE OF THE SONIC CHARACTERS WORK.
Jesus Christ, someone add this to the OP! I know you guys are drooling Silver fanboys, but he WON'T WORK. Okay?
Well I'm sorry this is the first time I've heard of this. And that's pretty unrealistic to automatically assume I'm a drooling Silver fanboy. Yea I like Silver but I figured I'd TRY brawl box just to see if I could get a character I like in the game. Isn't that what BrawlBox's function is? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or are you just taking off some anger because your one of those people who has to ***** at every Sonic related comment thrown onto a topic because you dread the series and characters in general just because your a complete idiotic troller who fantasizes other things. God forbid it be anything but Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Golden Sun. Give me a break and get off my back.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well....like, does he freeze? I think it has something to do with his bones. Kryal maybe able to help you with this.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well....like, does he freeze? I think it has something to do with his bones. Kryal maybe able to help you with this.
I haven't got anything uploaded into the game yet. I can't get the model to do anything on brawl box is the issue right now. I have character movements I just cant get Silver to move.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
His bones aren't named properly. They have Stggreenhill or something before them. You can rename and get rid of that.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
His bones aren't named properly. They have Stggreenhill or something before them. You can rename and get rid of that.
THANK YOU! Even better advice. I'll try that and get back to you to let you know if it worked.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm sorry this is the first time I've heard of this. And that's pretty unrealistic to automatically assume I'm a drooling Silver fanboy. Yea I like Silver but I figured I'd TRY brawl box just to see if I could get a character I like in the game. Isn't that what BrawlBox's function is? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or are you just taking off some anger because your one of those people who has to ***** at every Sonic related comment thrown onto a topic because you dread the series and characters in general just because your a complete idiotic troller who fantasizes other things. God forbid it be anything but Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Golden Sun. Give me a break and get off my back.
No. In fact I like Sonic, and Silver. But still, I see so many posts like this. I'm sorry, I thought you were just another one of those people who go "ZOMG SILVER IS SOOO BISHIE <3". Sorry, I made a mistake. And for your information, I have never trolled, you obviously don't know what trolling is. Anyway, sorry we got off on the wrong foot, I apologize.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Are you saying you can't get Silver to move in BrawlBox or the game? Because if you got him to load in the game... that's new.

:snake: "This is Snake. I just got 11 KOs is cruel brawl... woot."

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I haven't updated anything in a while. I am still working on Primid, although it is a slow process because I am also doing the other characters for my Machinima.

However you all get to see this lovely picture of a texture I did for Primid.

This is my first texture, so go easy on me... I figured he needed a girl friend.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Same thing happened with Primid when I put him on Samus or Pikachu. It is a problem with bone placement. I managed to fix it by just swapping in Primid's animations.
So I tried that. I put primid on pika and replaced wait1-3 with primid's wait1-3. His torso, arms, legs and feet are invisible. Is that all you did?

melic67

Smash Cadet
Well I'm sorry this is the first time I've heard of this. And that's pretty unrealistic to automatically assume I'm a drooling Silver fanboy. Yea I like Silver but I figured I'd TRY brawl box just to see if I could get a character I like in the game. Isn't that what BrawlBox's function is? Correct me if I'm wrong. Or are you just taking off some anger because your one of those people who has to ***** at every Sonic related comment thrown onto a topic because you dread the series and characters in general just because your a complete idiotic troller who fantasizes other things. God forbid it be anything but*insert every game here* Give me a break and get off my back.
lolololololololol

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
~HAPPY NEW YEAR~

I'm so testing that Meta Ridley update nao

EDIT: Meta Ridley still freezes when I play with four people... -_-

EDIT 2: My brother is completely losing his mind over the fact that Meta Ridley can crouch now... It's so hilarious ^_^

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Make P4 meta ridley and it won't crash. If there is an alloy and a p4, p4 must be an alloy or the game will crash.

Meta Ridley has 106 bones, you could have done him over pretty much anyone except maybe rob. Did you even test him on a normal character?

humble

Smash Ace
Happy new year you guys~!

Anyways, in response to the person talking about Silver; he doesn't have enough bones to work. All of the Sonic background trio have 24 bones; the characters with the least bones, the alloys, all have 34 bones. I am positive that anything with less then 30 bones won't work, so don't waste your time on an impossible task. To figure out who is possible, please read this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258606
Actually, can we link to that thread in the first post? That would clear up all the people trying to use impossible characters.

Oh, and I am curious about something- we can rip the NPCs with high enough bone count and make movesets so they are playable characters, right? Would it be possible to reverse the process and, for example, swap playable characters and make them NPCs? So we could do SSE and instead of primid showing up everywhere, we fight metaknight?

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
After the blue alloy form is finished, he might be ported to Olimar, if need be. Also, the player 4 glitch is with all alloys, not just Meta Ridley.

Edit: I like that hoppip so far, keep it up!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yes, it's possible to place playable characters over NPCs. I've seen squirtles over koopa troopas.

If you swap over olimar you'll have to deal with his pikmin. Pick someone without shenanigans like tethers and junk.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
SNOVER UPDATE: Here's the moveset for Snover. I've included pictures (in links), for those that I have. I've omitted a couple because they look even worse without the right graphic effects (Ice Punch, Ftilt).

Jab: Smack - I think you can visualize what this looks like without a picture. Snover reaches up and slaps the opponent with his left arm.

Dash Attack: Penguin Slide - Probably my favorite animation. Snover hops up and slides on his belly like a penguin for quite some distance. Kinda ties in with the whole Ice-type thing, yeah?

picture

Ftilt: Powder Snow - Snover shoots a cloud of snow in front of himself. I'm still trying out different graphics for this, so I don't have a picture.

Dtilt: It took me a while to decide on this one, but I finally went with Stomp (because it's the only animation I liked). Snover hops up, and as he comes back down his left foot gets bigger. I don't have a picture for this one because I didn't make the animation until late last night and am too lazy to go get one. :p

Utilt: Jump for Joy - I like the animation, and the name is inspired by the fact that Snover's eyes are caught in perpetual happiness until we figure out how to change textures in the middle of animations. Snover jumps and does a 360 turn while flailing upwards once with each arm.

picture

Fsmash: Ice Punch - Snover draws his fist back and then punches; the attack may freeze the opponent. It'll have an ice-type graphic eventually.

Dsmash: Wood Hammer - Snover turns 90 degrees (to face the audience or the back), then lifts up both arms. It's fists get bigger until it finally brings them crashing down.

Charge
Attack

Usmash: Icicle Spear - The picture looks kinda funny, but I actually like it. To charge up, Snover scrunches up his body vertically, then the icicle-things on top of his head stretch way up to impale opponents above Snover. They actually go higher; this picture just didn't get taken with perfect timing.

picture

Nair: Spin spin spin - I think the name is pretty self-explanatory (and uncreative, but whatever). Maybe I'll have ice/snow sparkle around him while he spins.

picture

Fair: Aerial Somersault-thing - I really like how this one looks too, but it's hard to capture in a still picture. Snover curls up into a sort of ball and flips 360 degrees in both the X and Y directions at the same time.

Bair: Rocket Snover - The name comes from how he looks in the picture, but it's really just a backwards kick.

picture

Uair: Uair - I honestly don't have any name ideas. He kicks upward with one foot outstretched, sorta like Fox's Uair.

picture

Dair: Hammer Arm - So what if Snover doesn't actually learn this move in the games; I didn't want just another spinning attack. Snover slams downward with his fist. I imagine this being a powerful spike move.

picture

The last image I've got, I'm not gonna put in a link, because it deserves to be put out there for everyone to see easily. I followed someone's advice (I forget who, but thanks again to whoever it was) and swapped the Deku Nut model over the model for Pikachu's Thunder attack. The results were rather humorous, and while you can't tell so well from this picture, Thunder now looks like it's raining Deku Nuts.

Interestingly enough I also discovered that the Deku Nut model does NOT use a texture inside the MotionEtc file, it looks for a file in the same folder as the MotionEtc file called "ItmDeku." I discovered that renaming a certain file attached to the model would also allow the model to look for a different file name. This came in handy because I've decided to also swap Pikachu's Thunder Jolt model with a Deku Nut and turn it blue for use in Hail (my Seed Bomb attack will have a green texture).

Anyway, starting tomorrow I'll be working in PSA so Snover actually uses his own attacks and not Pikachu's.

Any critique is welcomed. :)

ShadowWolff

Smash Rookie
I was woundering if we can request because i can't do this kind of stuff .... can somone work on Tails he runs around in the background of green hill zone and i apologize if somone else already requested him i didn't want to read 117 pages....

humble

Smash Ace
I was woundering if we can request because i can't do this kind of stuff .... can somone work on Tails he runs around in the background of green hill zone and i apologize if somone else already requested him i didn't want to read 117 pages....
well, if you had read even the page you were posting on, you would have seen several posts where we told people the Sonic characters aren't playable. They have 24 bones, you need at least 29 to work on an Alloy, tails simply doesn't work.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Put it in the OP. Sonic characters can't be swapped in yet - not enough bones. Or just link this. It basically shows who can and can't be swapped in so far.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
In Kitty corp forums I already posted about my project twinrova sadly I have NO experience in animation and model hacking and desperately need help (Its over the ice climbers) (If you don't know about koume and kotake (the twinrova) then play OoT(Not sure if that is how you spell their names)) I would accept ANY help

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
almost done with my Kakashi PSA, model, and animation hacks. texture was already made. i guess I need 6 more diff versions of Kakashi textures for team battles? guess i might need help with that part. also, ill need someone to make a vid of it. this is just a post to give you a heads up that im almost done.
-S

Top Bottom