• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Guys please we can't let our girls' forum die
Just ignore the guy and let's talk about how we feel about matchups or our feelings or whatnot

Litt

Samus
KLit you may have single handedly killed the samus boards lol, you should go see a psychiatrist or something
I am in grad school to be a psychologist.... and dude, you can't blame me for what has become of the samus board... literally no other top samus ever comes on here anymore, so i took it upon myself to do the best I can. Yes in the beginning, I was rather brash towards the newer and more ignorant smashers trying to post on here, but I would like to think in the past few weeks I've been more patient and helpful on these boards, especially the PM samus one that has gotten very little assistance from the top melee samus players. If you would go on here more yourself and help newer players, then mid to lower level samus players wouldn't question what you say and cause conflict because they see your name and just take what you say for what it is.

Litt

Samus
KLit you may have single handedly killed the samus boards lol, you should go see a psychiatrist or something
Also Duck, its all good to play the blame game and all, but do you have any right to talk about killing the boards when you have been absent for the most part from them? I have at least tried to keep them alive, you chime in every once and a while with really nothing to add, and have the balls to call me out for doing something that should be maintained by better sami than myself? As one of the top samus players out there, I expected better from you duck, because what you did, was essentially no better than the way I was treating other players on here before.

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
So here are a couple things you've said just on the past 2 pages, judging from the reactions of people you've done a lot worse:

Lol dude, its Darc... I did just as well against him the first time I played him. But he is a rather aggressive puff. Although both bubba and jerk both said nothing that you couldnt already find on a guide

Its a bad MU for samus and he normally wins the MM tourneys anyway.

Mano, you know YCZ is a much better samus right?

yeah... but better players rarely take advice from individuals at a lower skill level... and this is for a reason...

Bubba... seriously can you read? "yeah... but better players rarely take advice from individuals at a lower skill level... and this is for a reason..." I wouldn't say you are at a low skill level first off, maybe mid to low, second, you just agreed with what I was saying while at the same time chastising me for what I said... get your **** straight and think before you post....

Yes in the beginning, I was rather brash towards the newer and more ignorant smashers trying to post on here, but I would like to think in the past few weeks I've been more patient and helpful on these boards

I have at least tried to keep them alive, you chime in every once and a while with really nothing to add

Your statement against bubba is sort of okay because I know you guys don't like eachother, but honestly look at the things you say here. The purpose of these boards is to foster growth, encouragement, and improvement. A lot of the things you say here do the exact opposite of that. As a person studying psychology you should be able to tell what you're doing here.

As for this:
have the balls to call me out for doing something that should be maintained by better sami than myself?

The samus boards have never needed a top samus player to keep them alive, when Hugo was basically the only samus player he almost never posted here (he was banned i think). Corigames was the lifeblood of these forums for a long time and gave many players, including myself, tons of useful critique and advice. This wasn't because she was the best samus player of all time, it was because she brought a lot of constructive thoughts and encouraged new players.

I'll agree that what I said was not in the best of taste, but please think about what you're writing before you put it down. Having somebody tell them that "your opinions are invalid", "so and so didn't contribute anything", "lol u coulddn't have beaten that guy", is not something that new or fledgeling players need to hear. Judging from the couple responses, there are other people that feel the same way. I'm happy that you give advice and everything, but the way you're doing it now is wrong and harmful to the community.

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
Klit talking about skill and stuff without having any notable results at all. :kappa:

I think we can't expect him to stop posting his bull****, so let's just accept that. It's sad but you can't change it, I guess.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Klit talking about skill and stuff without having any notable results at all. :kappa:

I think we can't expect him to stop posting his bull****, so let's just accept that. It's sad but you can't change it, I guess.
Well Plup loves the drama, so .Tea, id be happy to MM you at the next major we are both at, I've seen you play a lot and beating you is not out of reach. As for notable results... I legit just started playing mid last year, and the only reason I can hold my own against decent players is because of how much I have played Spawn, and other New England smashers, Tope, Mdz, Tian, ect... I have only gotten to a level in which placing well is achievable in the past month or so, yes most of you are better than me still.

Back to duck, as I said I have been trying to improve how I speak to my fellow players in recent weeks because it has been brought to my attention how rude I have been online to them. I am trying to be more nurturing with my posts, and you can count on my behavior improving drastically, (except on the PM samus board, they just wont listen no matter how brash or kind I am, so I'm pretty much giving up posting there). As for both bubba and mano giving YCZ advice on the jigs match up, YCZ has been around a lot longer than both of them, and neither of them gave him advice that he didn't already know. Yes I didn't have to point that out, but as I said, I'm trying to improve with the way I address my peers now, and you will certainly see a drop in the sort of behavior.

Litt

Samus
Having somebody tell them that "your opinions are invalid", "so and so didn't contribute anything", "lol u coulddn't have beaten that guy", is not something that new or fledgeling players need to hear. Judging from the couple responses, there are other people that feel the same way. I'm happy that you give advice and everything, but the way you're doing it now is wrong and harmful to the community.
On a last point though, you speak about the way I give advice or speak to other players is wrong and harmful to the community, but you flat out told me I need to see a psychiatrist. That isn't just condescending, its just a flat out insult to another player, in a nonconstructive way meant to inflict verbal pain upon them. Hey kettle, you are black, my name is pot, and yes, I am also black... (kettle calling the pot black) I mean I do not mean to offend you here, because I love watching your samus dude, but you didn't even take your own advice regarding, "fostering growth, encouragement, and improvement"..., telling someone to go see a psychiatrist, "is not something that new or fledgeling players need to hear." That being said, I'm sure you can see that its not so easy to just speak to other players as you would a good friend, with patience and understanding as you weren't able to do with me.

Last edited:

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
On a last point though, you speak about the way I give advice or speak to other players is wrong and harmful to the community, but you flat out told me I need to see a psychiatrist. That isn't just condescending, its just a flat out insult to another player, in a nonconstructive way meant to inflict verbal pain upon them. Hey kettle, you are black, my name is pot, and yes, I am also black... (kettle calling the pot black) I mean I do not mean to offend you here, because I love watching your samus dude, but you didn't even take your own advice regarding, "fostering growth, encouragement, and improvement"..., telling someone to go see a psychiatrist, "is not something that new or fledgeling players need to hear." That being said, I'm sure you can see that its not so easy to just speak to other players as you would a good friend, with patience and understanding as you weren't able to do with me.
I'm glad that you're working on it, I just wanted to point this out since it's been going on for awhile.

Yeah lol I know what I did, and it was on purpose. I apologize for it as it was a bit brash.

Litt

Samus
I'm glad that you're working on it, I just wanted to point this out since it's been going on for awhile.

Yeah lol I know what I did, and it was on purpose. I apologize for it as it was a bit brash.
No worries dude, we all do it, even when we don't realize it sometimes. I saw you playing some friendlies with knut at apex, but couldn't play with you guys b/c I was in the middle of my pool :/. Anyway, good **** with that Canadian tourney, and even more important, taking out KK ;). Can't wait to see more ^_^

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Just got home from BEAST4, the second biggest Melee tournament in European history with 159 players.

1. Leffen
2. Armada
3. Ice

I got to play with friends who has heavily beaten me before, and I've become better than them. It's amazing how you hardly notice any improvement playing with the same crew every week, but notice major improvement when playing with players from other crews.
Anyway, I've really learned the Falcon match up now. It has been hard for me to apply everything I've read, seen and thought about, but now I shouldn't have a problem with Falcon any more.
I think I figured out Marth as well. I played Salepate (probably the most Samus-experienced Marth, regularly playing with Cyr and other French Samuses) in pool and I feel I know what to do. He even praised my Samus in the match up. Yay!
You guys probably already know the match ups, but do you want me to spread my thoughts any way? I haven't slept in 24h, so I'm not really fit to write much now... even though I wrote this.
Sorry for this post, if you think it's stupid xD

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Just got home from BEAST4, the second biggest Melee tournament in European history with 159 players.

1. Leffen
2. Armada
3. Ice

I got to play with friends who has heavily beaten me before, and I've become better than them. It's amazing how you hardly notice any improvement playing with the same crew every week, but notice major improvement when playing with players from other crews.
Anyway, I've really learned the Falcon match up now. It has been hard for me to apply everything I've read, seen and thought about, but now I shouldn't have a problem with Falcon any more.
I think I figured out Marth as well. I played Salepate (probably the most Samus-experienced Marth, regularly playing with Cyr and other French Samuses) in pool and I feel I know what to do. He even praised my Samus in the match up. Yay!
You guys probably already know the match ups, but do you want me to spread my thoughts any way? I haven't slept in 24h, so I'm not really fit to write much now... even though I wrote this.
Sorry for this post, if you think it's stupid xD
Yeah, please do! I know nothing about either matchup and when I face good Falcons/Marths I get crushed even though they know very little about the MU (Few Sami in Ontario)

Litt

Samus
Mano, this is a gen samus discussion, either PM Jerk or myself if you want advice in a MU, or create a new thread for it to be discussed

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Mano, this is a gen samus discussion, either PM Jerk or myself if you want advice in a MU, or create a new thread for it to be discussed
MU's have been discussed plenty of times in the extendur thread (examples in iRobin's Index), and Jerk was offering to share his thoughts. I simply encouraged him to do so.
There's really no reason to make a new thread for this, and I have never liked the idea of withholding information that could help other people in the confides of places like PMs and by extension, places like Facebook

Litt

Samus
I mean, just create a new thread so people in the future can see that its a Samus Marth MU thread and it will be easier for them to access, There are already 150 pages on here and to scroll through all of them to find a few posts about a specific topic is annoying enough, I'm saying do that with Jerk in another thread so it would be easier for other players down the line to find it, or PM with him to get more into specifics so the conversation doesn't take as long

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah fair enough. It's all up to Jerk though w/e he wants to do.
Though if I wanted specifics I'd prolly read to Video critique

Litt

Samus
I'm pretty sure there is an extensive samus v marth MU guide somewhere though

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I doubt this tread has so many posts about the extender etc. The extender isn't even in my Melee version, so I shouldn't even post here then? I see this thread as a common ground for all Samus discussion.

Against Falcon, I find the stage selection pretty important. My preference is FoD>YS>BF. Falcon shouldn't be able to move at all in this match up. This is done easier on smaller stages. YS has a very small blast zone, but I think winning the neutral game weighs up to this fact.
Before I've played against Falcon in almost a entirely defensive manner, just trying to upB OoS and trying to wave dash back to tilts. This hasn't been working.
My new way of playing the match up is pinning them down to the edge. This is much easier on smaller stages like YS where we're pretty much just a wave dash away from the middle to reach the edge of the stage with an Ftilt, and they can't dash dance. A shielding Falcon on the edge of the stage is very limited of options. We can keep pressuring with Ftilt and jabs and they'll have troubles moving.
Falcon can try to camp the top platform to avoid our pressure. Please fill me in here as I generally have problems against platform camping.
No Samus should have problems edge guarding Falcon, so I won't write anything about it (unless you really want to...).

Against Marth we want large, wide stages. My preference is DL64>PS. FD can be troublesome as Marth juggles VERY easily.
Try to keep a distance between yourself and Marth and shoot those missiles. Marth will either avoid them by jumping around them, power shielding, shielding, or slashing them.
If they are jumping around them, mix up your missiles in different patterns so they can't.
If they're power shielding, can't help you there except learn to power shield them back again lol.
If they are shielding, that means we can move up to them and grab, or attack for a possible shield poke. I love when Marths shield ^^
If they're destroying our missiles with aerials while moving towards us, we can punish the lag after the aerial.
Crouch cancel is very useful against Marth. If they don't tipper their aerials, we get a free punish.
We can get a lot of work done edge guarding Marth too. If they are recovering from high, we can get them with a quick Nair. Shoot those missiles too. Both homing and smash missiles.
If they are recovering from below, it's important to grab the ledge and abuse the invincibility. Ledge hop in to either Dair to meteor them, or as I prefer, intercept them with Nair. Don't be afraid to trade. Another option is to run out and lay a bomb to mess with their sweet spot.
If they get on stage with upB, we can jump up and, on lower % Dair to reverse Nair (or bomb-Nair to be fancy), or Bair, on higher % Bair or reverse Nair.
When we are put above Marth, it's really hard to come down. Try to reach the ledge if possible. Otherwise try to mind game with bombs until you reach a platform and shield. I hope you've practised shield drops. Otherwise, wave dash off to eventually reach the ground.

This is what I think anyways, and there's surely a lot of stuff I've missed. Any comments?

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
The one thing I know about SamusvFalcon that I learned from KK (which he learned from Duck) - Be in the space between his sh nair from his standing jump, to the crest of the running nair. (I might have gotten that wrong)

Litt

Samus
Ycz: MDZ has the potential to play amazing, almost god tier, but he also has the potential to play like a complete scrub, thats how lol

Litt

Samus
It's also convenient that he's usually at least a little bit drunk when I play him at Game Over :p
Hahhaha dude I still havent played you since like last april (my second tourney and it was a friendly that got interrupted after like a minute in), I wanna see how I match up now :p

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got quick n dirty tips to Fox x Samus in teams, and Samus in teams in general? Me and my teammate are gonna try running it so I'd like to go in with at least some background

One of my feelings is that Samus teams really work well when the stage position is like 1-2-2-1, so we're basically pincer striking the other team. When it's like 1-1-2-2 I just end up standing there, waiting for someone to come to my side. Not sure about the 1-2-1-2 situation, better then the previous though

Litt

Samus
Just make sure your partner knows your missile patterns and how to dodge, get ride of or reflect when they get too close to him

Phonz

Smash Cadet
quick question. i know samus has a fairly even matchup against spacies its just that im not really sure what im doing in that matchup any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also interested to know if any of you will play smash 4 and who would your main be. I for one can't decide between diddy kong, because i love him in brawl/p:m, little mac because he just seems awesome, or mega man because he seems like a suped up samus in a sense.

Litt

Samus
Its hard to tell who your main will be in a game that has not even been released yet, most individuals choose mains that feel right for them or is the best character/most developed metagame wise. Personally, im gonna give samus a try, but who knows who I will main until I play the game. As for the MU, up b OoS, CC down smash on nairs

Phonz

Smash Cadet
Yea thats true about the main, but without any prior knowledge it helps to just choose because you like a character and see what happens from there. I'm just so ready for the new game to come out, I can't wait :joyful::bluejump::bluejump:

Litt

Samus
I mean there always is gonna be prior knowledge though from past games, and from what Nintendo releases about game mechs and each character before the actual launch of a game.

Top Bottom