• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

abcool

Smash Ace
@Violence. Yeah, so on stages with higher platforms it's easy. I remember practicing this awhile back so i could use it more often. My way is the same as above mentioned, but i do it in reverse. I tap Y and then up on the joystick and immediately smash or tilt forward to send out a missile then drop down missile again, it's kinda tricky, but you catch on pretty fast. Techinally you want to shorthop to second jump missile fall through missile.

@McNinja As for a Falco that never approaches, you have to go on platform stages and waveland on platforms and missile back at him to force an approach cause he will get hit from the missiles or force him to use shine to reflect them back then punish. Other than that dash power shield to WD OOs ftlit or Jab to grab. One of the best things to know about a campy Falco is never be on even ground vs him. Force him to jump on the platforms and then get in on him quick.

abcool

Smash Ace
So FD is not a good stage to fight Falco on I assume?

:phone:
Vs Falco FD is terrible because Falco can sit one place and camp his *** off. Ban that stage quick. Most Campy Falco's don't know how to approach the person they are camping, so you can deal with them during kill percents where they have to approach you to finish you off. Back them in a corner and watch them squirm, They are only comfortable when far away, so get in quickly and punish.

Geist

Smash Master
I like hanging on plats against falcos who blast lasers. They'll still shoot lasers but platforms will probably grant you enough movement options so you don't get locked down.
and drop ff nairs are cool

Powershielding is always nice, but it's still not a solve-all unless you also develop the ability to react and follow up with your powershield accordingly(which imo is much harder than psing itself), otherwise they can still bait you for it. Since it's unlikely for anyone to have as much consistency with psing as you would with something like spacing or wding, it makes as much sense to me as just taking it a step further and telling someone to just ps all their moves.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yeah, until Marth, Captain Falcon, or any other character with a Dair that hits below platforms spikes you through the stage. Also, what's the set-up for using it?

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah, until Marth, Captain Falcon, or any other character with a Dair that hits below platforms spikes you through the stage. Also, what's the set-up for using it?
It's a rising grapple and use the momentum to ride under battlefield. It's not the best option so only use it as a mixup. That is why i asked if anyone used it before me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
It's just that I had been working on implementing a tactic in my play on battlefield but was shut down for those two reasons. Grab the ledge, drop, grapple the lower part of BF, pull up, wall jump, DJ, Bair/Dair/Uair. I wanted a get-up that let me come up in reverse, but doing it against Tai showed me that most any top character can hit you with something while you press against the bottom of the stage. As soon as some sees you go under the lip of BF, IT's a huge telegraph that you're going to be doing something risky that can be easily stopped.

I'm not saying don't use this, just don't expect to yield much from it.

abcool

Smash Ace
It's just that I had been working on implementing a tactic in my play on battlefield but was shut down for those two reasons. Grab the ledge, drop, grapple the lower part of BF, pull up, wall jump, DJ, Bair/Dair/Uair. I wanted a get-up that let me come up in reverse, but doing it against Tai showed me that most any top character can hit you with something while you press against the bottom of the stage. As soon as some sees you go under the lip of BF, IT's a huge telegraph that you're going to be doing something risky that can be easily stopped.

I'm not saying don't use this, just don't expect to yield much from it.

I don't really play competitively like i used to. I used it once in a match and it surprised my opponent, but it's all good either way. If you are caught in a bad situation and you have no other choice go for it. There is also another rising grapple sweetspot if you use it and touch a certain part under battlefield it will cancel and you auto grab the ledge, no riding under the stage or anything.

Here is a new tech i discovered awhile back with Samus that no one uses on battlefield. Idk, if this was discovered by someone else, but here you go http://youtu.be/JPFImIoK6ww
I think I've seen it before, but I definitely don't consciously remember it.
Also, what's the set-up for using it?
Random recoveries, there's no real offensive use for it, unless you want to surprise ledge-attack them somehow.
I don't really play competitively like i used to. I used it once in a match and it surprised my opponent, but it's all good either way. If you are caught in a bad situation and you have no other choice go for it.
Basically what happened in this clip I recorded a few weeks ago haha.

Here: http://youtu.be/CheAgnYEkGs

abcool

Smash Ace
^^^ This. Nothing about Samus is concrete so use what you can most of what makes her good to me is her mixups and "where f did that come from antics", but if you are a more "use what works" kinda guy, then that is ok too.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I think it would be fun to use against people who aren't very experienced. They could just assume you will die when you go underneath the stage. Then SUPRISE! You recover.

I've suprised so many people with the FoD recovery from the bottom of the stage.

samuzzz

so, i got vegas 11.

...now that i'm thinking about it, it may be the first piece of non-game/OS software i've bought...

so i'm a little pleased about it.

so here's some stuff i messed around with tonight... the face mask is transparent, and it can be animated and stuff, but i thought it'd be neat as a background, possibly. just throwing around some ideas.

titles and descriptions in link. 1366x768.

http://imgur.com/a/ubl2T#0 - album

edit: i can just put the images here... right.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
so i'm really getting the timing of SH > homing missile onto the lower platforms of battlefield. does anyone know if its possible to SH > smash missile onto them as well?
i didnt know u could do this. whenever i do this the it always cancels before the missile comes out. maybe i'm always doing smash missiles. (so idk if SH > smash missile is possible).

anyone have some tips for the full hop double missile? i've tried to do it using the y button for the jump but i'm usually too slow (the second missile doesnt fire). i recently tried to use the control stick to jump and then flick it into a missile. seems easier/faster but i still cant do it consistently...

also, i'm trying to practice/do FFMC. tips? and wasnt there a video on how to do this?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
For FHDM, just FH input the first missile as soon as possible, then wait until Samus looks like she's about to go into Fall again, then input the second missile. It's easier for me if I run in one direction, jump, then hit the opposite direction to input the FHDM, but I don't know if others do this as well.

McNinja

Smash Ace
I have to claw in order to do it. Although I only really use it on FD and I usually ban FD. Platforms are your missle-firing friends with Samus.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
ok, i'm getting it more often now. i know it's not terribly useful. i just want to be able to do all the samus tech just cause.

so, something i was thinking recently. u can activate the extender while ur grapple is out in mid-air, AND u can bomb > airdodge to the bomb > grapple and ur grapple gets cancelled. could it be possible to activate the extender in that sequence? (again, kinda worthless, but just wondering)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
IIRC, the extender will only take effect if you complete the entire grab, dash grab, or grapple animation. That's why if you're hit during the time you enter the command / reeling back in with normal grabs, it will cancel out the ability to get the extender.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I tried practicing it for a while a few months ago to no avail. Not saying it's impossible, but I definitely wasn't getting it to activate while bomb canceling.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
yeah it seems unlikely. i watched match where the player, woker, was bomb cancelling his taunt and bomb cancelling into charge shots...so i was thinking of other things to do with bombs. i feel like the bomb is one of the most versatile and more tricky moves samus has, but it's under-used (at least i under-use it).

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
sooo FHDM. its kinda the same idea as fox's SHDL. just slide your finger from Y to B as you're rising so the first missile comes out as quickly as possible. the first missile should be coming out before you reach the top of your FH. and then just wait for the animation of that to complete before you try shooting the second one.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
yeah thanks. thats the only way i'm getting it. i was trying to press each button individually, sliding works great.

how about the short hop FFMC? i think this is one of the hardest things to do.

Violence

Smash Lord
Hey guys, best missed rest punish, GO!

The best I can come up with is: charge the shot, full hop bomb over Jigg's head, land, utilt to knock Jiggs straight up into the bomb, charge shot.

Will this work?

McNinja

Smash Ace
Hey guys, best missed rest punish, GO!

The best I can come up with is: charge the shot, full hop bomb over Jigg's head, land, utilt to knock Jiggs straight up into the bomb, charge shot.

Will this work?
That sounds extremely flashy. I like the way you think. I will try this next time my friend misses a rest.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
i think that works violence. i tried alot of different things with dropping a bomb above jiggs, but none as punishing as yours. the best i have: charge the shot, double jump bomb on the side of jiggs, fall back to the other side and charge shot, f-smash. (maybe u could just lay the bomb on the side without the DJ...which would make it more useful, cause platforms wouldnt screw it up)

also, a less punishing but more flashy thing i tried: if u double jump and bomb at the right time, you can do a falling uair, the bomb will pop u up, then dair

Violence

Smash Lord
I also think it does the most damage. The key here is to hit Jiggs into the bomb with the least amount of ending lag possible. I've done charge shot into fsmash, but there's still a lot of lag frames upon ending. I think utilt has the least amount of ending frames, and it also sends Puff upward where she can't double stick DI anything. I'm not sure if the combo is real or not, maybe I'll test it out.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Do you thinks it's possible to train yourself to phantom hit puff with an f or d smash to build up damage before doing any of these punishes, or does her sleeping animation make it too hard to pull off?

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
idk if u could train yourself to phantom hit, but it would be awesome if it is possible.

other things: at low percents i think there are most punish options/combos. and things like MC and hitting immediately after with ftilt to keep the combo would work. also, would grab be a good option in a punish? like in my charge shot, bomb combo: instead of a fsmash u could grab. or have a punish that leads to throw > charge shot. i think hitting jiggs into a bomb puts her in a very predictable place, which should be further punished (even if its not a real combo)

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
New samus player. Not my main, but gonna venture into the Zero Suit and see what I can do. I got ***** so hard I have the motivation of a thousand young links who lost grands to a puff.

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
lol, sweet. samus has alot of cool tricks, she's pretty fun... so i've heard :) With that motivation i except to be watching ur combo video soon! either way, playing samus will make u 17x cooler (proven fact)

Top Bottom