• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Expanding The Melee Scene: Community Outreach. Christmas/New Years - IDEAS??

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
For anybody subscribed to this thread, I'm probably going to try to go to Columbus, GA next. I talked to Reflex and Calvin about it and they said they'd try to set something up, preferably after raleigh and after s0ft's house tournament series...

crap, that puts it in october.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

D

Deleted member

Saltix and I had a smashfest yesterday and met a few melee and brawl guys. Some of which would like to take the game seriously and a couple have good base talent.

I'm gonna hold a few more smashfests for the KSU guys here to ease them into competitive smash.

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
Saltix and I had a smashfest yesterday and met a few melee and brawl guys. Some of which would like to take the game seriously and a couple have good base talent.

I'm gonna hold a few more smashfests for the KSU guys here to ease them into competitive smash.
I saw some guys playing FFA Barlw in the student center where all the laptop and WoW bros hang out today. Maybe I should ask them if they are interested in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Oh, ****. You go to KSU dan?

PM me your number and I'll call you the next time we play smash.

SleepyK

Chris, the rules in my car have been
1) Whites up front
2) Minorities in the back

D

Deleted member

what do you mean "Late 08-09"

oh august-sept?
No he means 2008-2009.

We're going to travel back in time and build the smash community then, so when we travel back to the present day, the community will be as strong as 10 SoCals.

SleepyK

when i made the thread i decided i'd leave it in the social section because i knew there would be backlash from playa hataz

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol Josh.

I know that the western side of NC has a hard time getting to things(just as I did), and this post is a great reminder to me to dedicate more time to going out and training them if possible.

Good post, Sleepy.
So true broski
I'm trying to get people from ASU to go to stuff, as you know from GITG
Unfortunately getting rides and stuff is difficult, especially with all the snow we get.

But definitely trying to get people to play, people in Asheville want to play so we're gonna try to get that to happen.

SleepyK

this has been on super hiatus because of school winding down, although we did make a trip to AL during thanksgiving.

any ideas for the next trip? TN?

SleepyK

for sure, that's a tournament and not a community outreach though

Winnar

Smash Lord
MS imo

<33333?

merry christmas bros

Oh or meet you halfway at one of chad's alleged monthlies in huntsville

Zone

Smash Champion
I took my old crew to Albany to play friendlies with them.

I'm almost always the one that has to do all the driving :/. Cuz most people either can't or don't care enough to spend an hour drive to come play me. One of the two.

I try hard to revive north Florida but there is no hype and everyone is lazy or can't travel.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
sleepy k if you come down to florida i will not only house you for as long as you want, but i will guarantee you 6 hour long love-making sessions with all of your favorite kiddies in orlando and nearby

bring some
black
people so we can play mafia

also amber is here and she def wants you to come by. guaranteed apples-to-apples and jenga madness

i also extend this invitation to my other swankest negros in GA (you know who you are)

and also to a select few white people in georgia (you know who you are)

and also to anyone with more than 6 nipples

and also to anyone who can shoot laser beams from their mouths

SleepyK

well where do you guys live? iirc it's not the panhandle...

Top Bottom