• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Excluding throws, what is Zelda's worst move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Just like the topic title says, what in your opinion is Zelda's worst move? IMO, her worst move would be Dair. Yes, it's very satisfying if you do sweetspot it, but that hardly ever seems to happen to me (though that may just be me being not so good...), since you can only sweetspot it while your opponent's in the air. It can't protect you from an opponent below you at all, and overall the risk isn't worth the reward for me. But what do you think is her worst move?

Oh, and you can't say Down B either.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Fair.

Fair/bair individually are good moves, but she really doesn't need both of them. Just bair would be fabulous..... it bothers me that Sakurai (or whoever planned her moveset) gave her two aerials that are practically identical.

I just chose fair as the worser of the two because I think bair is slightly better.

Besides them, dair.

All of Zelda's moves are pretty useful if you use them right, but there's always a huge drawback (big startup/cooldown, funky hitbox, etc.), and they just don't work together well as a whole.

sasook

Smash Champion
Fair.

Fair/bair individually are good moves, but she really doesn't need both of them. Just bair would be fabulous..... it bothers me that Sakurai (or whoever planned her moveset) gave her two aerials that are practically identical.

I just chose fair as the worser of the two because I think bair is slightly better.
Do her fair and bair have the same sweetspots, or are they slightly different?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Do her fair and bair have the same sweetspots, or are they slightly different?
Not sure (which probably means they're pretty much the same). If there's a difference, it's not a dramatic one.

The biggest difference between them is that fair has more startup frames, so it's harder to hit with depending on whether you're short hopping or fast falling it or whatever.

I think it's also one of those deals where one does more damage, and the other does more knockback.... not sure which is which.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I am pretty sure they are identical besides Fair taking longer to startup. Thus making it the worse of the two.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Not sure (which probably means not really). If there's a difference, it's not a dramatic one.

The biggest difference between them is that fair has more startup frames, so it's harder to hit with depending on whether you're short hopping or fast falling it or whatever.

I think it's also one of those deals where one does more damage, and the other does more knockback.... not sure which is which.
iirc b-air does more damage. Not 100% sure though.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Actually Bair and Fair deal the same damage. Allegedly Bair has a very tiny amount of extra knockback, but at the end of the day they're more or less the same except that Bair is faster. And as for why they made her have the lightning kick as two moves: maybe they ran out of ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom