• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Excellent news for Sheik

Agi

Smash Lord
Sheik, the mysterious ninja of the shadow, has less need to fear Snake. Why?

HER DAIR TRUMPS SNAKE'S USMASH.

When you hit the missile while the attack is active, it explodes... but no damage or knockback!:chuckle:

Just a little tip for my fellow Sheik mainers.

:shiek:>:snake:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh, if you meet a Snake that doesn't shield or utilt when you're above him, count your blessings, you're not facing a proper Snake.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It has freakin awful landing lag... I'd rather take that little explosion than an ftilt

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, not to sound like a total *******, but to my surprise I find d-airs quite useful from time to time..

Short Hop d-airs can sometimes lead to set ups if they connect.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Well, not to sound like a total *******, but to my surprise I find d-airs quite useful from time to time..

Short Hop d-airs can sometimes lead to set ups if they connect.
No offence to you =D, but lets say you miss the dair against a snake. Oh the posibilities! :laugh:

Lets not flame the guy, he was only trying to help XD. Anyway a dair can be a rather unexpeted once in a while, but it will have sever punishments if you screw it up. Also snakes uptilt has ungodly range, knockback, and priority from above. :psycho:

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I agree totally. The ending lag makes it horrible. Even if it connects there's a very high risk that you'll get punished. I never do this move, and stay away from it at all costs.

Sometimes, however, my hand slips while trying to SHFF F/N/B-airs and I do a d-air. Myself and my enemy, both wondering why on Earth I did that move, are shocked and open to attack. Ergo, U-Smash.

Agi

Smash Lord
I post this at night, I wake up, I read the posts... I fell like a noob. :( But regardless, I have found this very helpful... I don't play in tourneys. :chuckle: Even if I did, I would use this rather than take the 16% damage... esp. if i can predict the trajectory from the dair. Plus, I'm generally too high up in the air for an u-tilt to connect. Use this or not, I will.

Plus, If you get hit from the usmash being pulled out, or from a mortar slide, you will have that effect where you just hover in the air for a while... so effectively, Sheik can cancel the mortar slide. But whatever. Kudos to the 1% of smashboarders who read this and use it...

ADHD

Smash Hero
The dair is actually a good surprise attack, nobody expects it, but if its shielded you pay

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
I post this at night, I wake up, I read the posts... I fell like a noob. :( But regardless, I have found this very helpful... I don't play in tourneys. :chuckle: Even if I did, I would use this rather than take the 16% damage... esp. if i can predict the trajectory from the dair. Plus, I'm generally too high up in the air for an u-tilt to connect. Use this or not, I will.

Plus, If you get hit from the usmash being pulled out, or from a mortar slide, you will have that effect where you just hover in the air for a while... so effectively, Sheik can cancel the mortar slide. But whatever. Kudos to the 1% of smashboarders who read this and use it...
yeah, this post actuallly makes sense

Top Bottom