• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evolution of the Smash Game

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
why is this not stickied? i've been wondering this same stuff for like a year.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
wow this is an old thread good job. I haven't been involved in the smash community too long. I'd really like to know more stuff about the history of smash...as an alternative to social studies...

Diego5262

Smash Rookie
Well im probably the newest one here, but this is definitely my favorite topic I have read so far.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
We can make a book out of the history people typed up so far lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
There's actually a wiki project going on, and it'd be great if more pros could contribute and give info about their crew history or tourney history and stuff.

Xeon

Smash Rookie
Very interesting to see the history of Smash. Pretty helpful too. :)

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Sheesh... too bad Smash History ain't a subject in school...
What good would learning the history of Smash do? Other than enjoyment, of course. Learning the history of SSB would not help anybody get a good job, make money, start a family, and lead a successful life. Those are the things that need to be taught in school. Regardless of if they are "fun" or not.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
What good would learning the history of Smash do? Other than enjoyment, of course. Learning the history of SSB would not help anybody get a good job, make money, start a family, and lead a successful life. Those are the things that need to be taught in school. Regardless of if they are "fun" or not.
Given the right bits of history, you can understand the history in terms of development of a community. *That's* important stuff.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, this was some neat stuff to read. Very informative. Thank-you veterans for all the info.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hmmmm...I have a nearly complete history of the first year of Midwest Smash. Is SmashBroPro still around so that I can ask him a few questions? <_< I'm sure there are a few accuracy problems as I reconstructed the earliest days largely from reading thread, even though I was around for much of them.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
This post is a great post I actually learned a few things and it gives inspiration in some way as well! SmashBroPro gave some great info and l liked it a lot!

Bloodmage391

Smash Rookie
Wow... that was (for lack of a better word) facinating.

Tons of info (random, useless info that I'll never need to know, but info nonetheless). Great topic! :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
whoa, how did I miss this thread O_o

Lmao @ Link, Mario, and Luigi being considered some of the best characters and not Peach way back when.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Zombie threads FTW. This thread has become increasingly relevant as we are now going through the exact same process with Brawl. Yet people refuse to see that history does indeed repeat itself. The similarities between the beginning of SmashBroPro's post and the current situation with Brawl are too outstanding to write off as pure coincidence IMO.

Learning is fun <3

Rampage

vx
Zombie threads FTW. This thread has become increasingly relevant as we are now going through the exact same process with Brawl. Yet people refuse to see that history does indeed repeat itself. The similarities between the beginning of SmashBroPro's post and the current situation with Brawl are too outstanding to write off as pure coincidence IMO.

Learning is fun <3
The only difference is that melee requires actual skill to be great at it and that you could actually DO things other than roll :D

Zodiac

Smash Master

Learning is fun <3
Oh my, true true, I love this thread though, warm fuzzy memories :D

Nice thread! I'm saving all the best posts on a text file so I can easily reread the history of Smash.

Top Bottom