• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO South Results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
While i'm really a nobody in the smash scene, I gotta say leave the infinite unbanned. Ice Climbers pretty much wreck a stock when they grab you anyways, so its really not THAT much different.

IC's always been annoying to fight against, the whole idea in that match has always been do not get grabbed no matter what, so really that much hasn't changed.

And like people are saying, don't attack wobbles personally. He plays to win, and uses whatever he can to do it. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW, heres the thread on SRK with people discussing it as well: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=3722387#post3722387

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I think youa ll should hop of Wobbles and find something else to talk about.

Is the TEHCNIQUE wobbles gay? I wouldn't call it gay, but not exactly fair either.

Anyways, the "Don't get grabbed" argument... I LOL'd at that.

IC's are just annoying to fight against period. I would still like to play wobbles though If I had the chance.

jotun

Smash Ace
So at the highest level of play, against top-tier characters played flawlessly, it's not broken.

I think the real problem is that there are only a few characters that can actually deal with it. Try playing Ganondorf against the wobbles, and you might as well just put your controller down. Just like Fox and all those banned levels, the IC infinite pretty much forces you to use a certain few characters (Fox, Samus, ICs, Peach)

caliagent3

Smash Rookie
So you all are hating on Phoenix because he used an advanced tactic with his characters that are only mid tier?? LOL, some of you are a bunch of hippocrates . I bet none of you have no problem at all using your top tier characters to their fullest. From what i can tell, the infinite is in no way game breaking seeing as how you have 2 chances to escape, add to the fact it's situation specific and the characters in question are mid tier.

Phoenix don't let anyone change the way you play. You'll have to be the one to increase the level of play, even if it's by using unpopular means.

and when i say tons of people i mean people that dont even play the game, like .............. street fighter players, taking a month to learn wobbles, and winning events. but yeah dont beleive me and just keep flaming people for playing the game they are allowed to play

hehehe....i'm on of those players your talking about and after seeing a vid of wobbling it makes me wanna learn how to play smash now.....well more specifically learn how to play IC :D

Unsafe

Smash Rookie
I've seen this infinite used a couple times, and though I don't play smash competitively I do play IC's and Fox when I do play (I try to do this infinite sometimes). I don't think it's as bad as people think it is. I also don't think it's as hard as people think it is. However I don't think it will be banned as another game in EVO (Marvel vs. Capcom 2) has a bunch of infinites in it as well that have basically the same requirements as the IC one, you need to set it up then you need to have the technical skill to do it start to finish.

Example:
Magneto Infinite
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gKsL-gxwE7Y
Iron Man Infinite
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHIuh140wqA

IMO, IC's kind of remind me of MvC2 Spiral. For those that don't know Spiral has a lockdown tactic with Sentinal Assit that can potentially blockstun kill a character with no meter. It's very hard to do consistantly and keep doing it. You also need to set it up right. And against the top 4 (Mag,Sent,Cable,Storm) poor Spiral gets owned hard with out help (kind of like IC's when divided).

This is just my opinion, I don't play either games to an enormous degree to claim what should be and should not be but I can't help but see the similarities here. Also I heard the infinite can be escaped at 2 times. If this is so then I don't see why there is a problem, people should be able to escape it. That's just me though. SRK is discussing this as well.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
THIS IS KILLAFOX UNDER ACEMARTHS NAME

Killafox, I'm not terribly offended that you don't know about any of the events going on, but you make a post pretty much bragging about that lack of knowledge and then try to argue anyhow. On top of that, you pretty much tell the people who've been debating in the thread that we need to accomodate your laziness. So... as a personal favor to me, please don't do that.
first of all, i was playin about not goin through the thread, i read. second of all, from wat i can see, ur technique is gay (from wat i read). third of, ill do wateva i want, so please dont tell me wat to do becuase i wasnt tryin to offend anybody in the first place and u just took it the wrong way. im done here gentlemen. congrats on ur win and hope u continue.

peace.

caliagent3

Smash Rookie
Here's another example of a mid tier character that has an infinite that doesn't break the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qljgSD501I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUNQh7p2PeA

This infinite is situational in that you:
1. have to be in C-groove
2. need at least a lvl 2 meter
3. opponent needs to be in the corner
4. you have to land the initial super

I don't see how this is much different than IC other than during IC's infinite you can escape twice and you have to be grabbed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So you all are hating on Phoenix because he used an advanced tactic with his characters that are only mid tier?? LOL, some of you are a bunch of hippocrates . I bet none of you have no problem at all using your top tier characters to their fullest. From what i can tell, the infinite is in no way game breaking seeing as how you have 2 chances to escape, add to the fact it's situation specific and the characters in question are mid tier.

Phoenix don't let anyone change the way you play. You'll have to be the one to increase the level of play, even if it's by using unpopular means.

hehehe....i'm on of those players your talking about and after seeing a vid of wobbling it makes me wanna learn how to play smash now.....well more specifically learn how to play IC :D
What are you talking about Ice Climbers are not Mid Tier they are High tier

1.Fox
2.Falco
3.Shiek
4.Marth
5.Peach
6.Falcon
7.Ice Climbers
8.Samus

7th best character...above even Samus who is probably used more in tourny >_>...

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where did this "you can escape twice" thing come from?

If you're above 15-20 damage when it starts you can't get out.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Holy sh*t it's sad that you guys are whining about banning an infinite.

Like extremely freaking sad. Hell, it's pathetic.

Basically it's boiling down to:

* It not being entertaining enough to watch, or decreasing the value of play somehow.

* It being cheap, too easy, or broken.

* Debating the skill of the man in first place because of this?

What are you all smoking, seriously?

I can't even comprehend that some of you are saying that he's RUINING the game because of this. Who the hell are you to even say that?

It's absurdly situational, the characters are mid-tier (which makes it all that much harder to create said situation, because 7th is NOT high tier), and you want it banned?

Wow, grow up. Seriously, especially some of you 'top players' giving this guy **** for it. ****.

Wobbles, you keep doing your thing. You've inspired a good number of folks over at SRK to check the game out, keep it up.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hold on Dope... everything I say is meaningless? I'm not allowed to defend myself or offer my perspective on the situation? You guys are allowed to attack the way I play and rant about how "gay," "lame," "stupid," and "boring" it is but I don't get to have any input?

I shouldn't have to point out how ridiculous that is, but I'm going to anyhow. How about we have a thread about how unfair Marth's chaingrab on Fox and Falco is. But if you play Marth, you aren't allowed to talk about it. Or maybe we'll have a neat little convo about why it's not cool that Shiek can chaingrab so many of the characters in this game that they aren't even tournament viable anymore. If you happen to have touched Shiek though, you can't talk.

If you're going to have a fair and intelligent discussion on this tactic, then you need every perspective on it. Don't be a jerk and tell me that for whatever arbitrary reason you came up with I'm not allowed in on the chat.

When people complain about how cheap and unfair Peach is, you'll rarely see that they actually tried picking her up. I used to think she was unfair until I tried learning her and, ::gasp::, it was more difficult than I thought. So far I haven't found any character I can have real success with unless I practice with them a LOT.

How about this, Dope. You pick up the IC's, and on your first time trying them you just waddle on over to somebody's house and try to infinite them every stock. But don't just play against some random scrub you could utterly trash anyhow. Play against somebody better than you, like PC Chris or KDJ. Try owning them with this magical technique. After all, if it doesn't take skill and even noobs like me could do it, you, legendary Falco master, should have NO PROBLEM 4 stocking them.

Let me know how that turns out.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Where did this "you can escape twice" thing come from?

If you're above 15-20 damage when it starts you can't get out.
From my understanding there are 2 times this can be tapped out or analog sticked out of. I cant remember the % precisly but somewhwere around 55% and 105%. thats what I remember reading on an IC thread where this was being discussed.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
From my understanding there are 2 times this can be tapped out or analog sticked out of. I cant remember the % precisly but somewhwere around 55% and 105%. thats what I remember reading on an IC thread where this was being discussed.
If that's true that would change my opinion of all this immensely, but I've never seen anyone break out of it ever (myself included) no matter how much they mash buttons/spin the analog stick.

If KirbyKid couldn't get out of it (I'm pretty sure he already mashes buttons faster than what should be humanly possible) then I have a hard time believing this...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy sh*t it's sad that you guys are whining about banning an infinite.

Like extremely freaking sad. Hell, it's pathetic.

Basically it's boiling down to:

* It not being entertaining enough to watch, or decreasing the value of play somehow.

* It being cheap, too easy, or broken.

* Debating the skill of the man in first place because of this?

What are you all smoking, seriously?

I can't even comprehend that some of you are saying that he's RUINING the game because of this. Who the hell are you to even say that?

It's absurdly situational, the characters are mid-tier (which makes it all that much harder to create said situation, because 7th is NOT high tier), and you want it banned?

Wow, grow up. Seriously, especially some of you 'top players' giving this guy **** for it. ****.

Wobbles, you keep doing your thing. You've inspired a good number of folks over at SRK to check the game out, keep it up.
Why do you keep going on about the character being mid-tier? Ice Climbers are definitly a tournament playable character. Chu Dat is one of the best in the nation by far and he uses Ice Climbers. Samus is under Ice Climbers and is still used in almost every tournament. Yeah some characters are not really tourny material but IC's are as well as Samus,Falcon,Doc..all who are in mid tier.

The top players are giving him **** about it because it obviously gives him and extreme advantage. He beat Caveman. CAVEMAN. The same person who when the power rankings were first made I think he was what..6th? 5th? I watched the matchs for the most part and the ONLY reason wobbles won is because of the infinite. I am not putting him down in any ways like I said he is a cool guy but I'm just pointing out that the tactic is indeed unfair in my eyes at least. It forces you to use certain characters if you even want to stand a chance of not being grabbed.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Why do you keep going on about the character being mid-tier? Ice Climbers are definitly a tournament playable character. Chu Dat is one of the best in the nation by far and he uses Ice Climbers. Samus is under Ice Climbers and is still used in almost every tournament. Yeah some characters are not really tourny material but IC's are as well as Samus,Falcon,Doc..all who are in mid tier.

The top players are giving him **** about it because it obviously gives him and extreme advantage. He beat Caveman. CAVEMAN. The same person who when the power rankings were first made I think he was what..6th? 5th? I watched the matchs for the most part and the ONLY reason wobbles won is because of the infinite. I am not putting him down in any ways like I said he is a cool guy but I'm just pointing out that the tactic is indeed unfair in my eyes at least. It forces you to use certain characters if you even want to stand a chance of not being grabbed.
But then again, shiek makes some people have to change from their mains to deal with her; its just part of the game, but therein lies the point: There IS a way to beat shiek, just like there IS a way to beat the wobbles infinite.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
You know what? If it's so easy, so skill-less, and the IC's are such a stupid character, why don't YOU play as them and prove it? Or you can sit back and look like a fool going, "lol he's so stupid and teh gh4y" without ever bothering to back up your talk. Way to go, smart guy.
Because it's no fun. :ohwell: Also, me saying it's gay is just because I'm too lazy to write out a long post explaining my view about it, especially when I know others will do it for me, as they have. :p

nublet06

Smash Lord
i dont think wobbles should be banned. there is only a hand full of people who use it and they still lose all the time anyway. wobbles probly could of won this tournament without it as long as he didnt play any peaches or some wierd floaty characters. he pretty much was the best player there except for maybe caveman who may of been able to beat him.

but the bottom line is. it makes the game stale and boring. the other player camps and avoids grabs and it just makes the game not fun. luckily when i played wobbles it was only pools....so i didnt mind the loss. but if it was bracket or something i would of had to play gay and stress out over a 8 minute time period in which there is a good chance of me sitll getting wobbled a few times. yipee.

but it sure can help you win some matches.

ytwojay

Smash Rookie
The only things that should be banned from video game tournaments are game-breaking moves/tactics. Do you guys honestly feel that the IC infinite makes the game unplayable?

Saying that something is "cheap" or "gay" doesn't accomplish anything, and makes you sound childish. Instead, form a solid opinion on why the IC infinite makes the game actually unplayable and then you'll have a case.

EDIT: Also, saying that something makes the game "boring" is not good enough. Chun-Li vs Chun-Li in Third Strike is boring. Storm vs Storm in mvc2 is boring. Anyone vs Anyone in cvs2 is boring. [jkjk~]

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Saying it's boring is not a reason to ban it, I'm just saying that's why I wouldn't use it. And no, this isn't game-breaking but it is certainly game changing. It's the only "easy" infinite in the game, and really the only true infinite that can be done pretty much in any situation as long as you get a grab.

Everyone gets grabbed, but should you have to lose a stock just because you got grabbed?

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
It looks like you guys have a different concept in terms of mid / high / top tier.

I never said that IC were not tournament viable. I think everyone in this game (save perhaps one or two characters) are viable, there are some individuals out there who have gotten pretty **** scary with the supposed low / crap tier characters in this game.

I bring it up because if he's fighting Marth, Shiek, Peach, Fox, or Falco, he's already at a disadvantage. He's losing the fight at the character select screen, but that obviously isn't an issue because he enjoys playing them and plays them very well. Yeah, he'll give the characters under him in the tier chart trouble, but in reality more folks play with the characters placed above IC in the tier chart.

Anyways, you don't have any right, in any way, shape, or form, to demean the guy for winning. NONE. In fact you should be ashamed of yourself for even giving the guy grief for beating 'Caveman' because of 'gangbang' (wobbling is a horrible name for it, sorry). If I'm not mistaken, this is NOT a new tactic at all, most everyone that's ever played the game should know about it, but now that someone achieved first place with it in a major tournament it's suddenly brought into question?

Wobbles simply played better then Caveman at this tournament, end of story. If Caveman got caught by this tactic MORE THEN ONCE it's Caveman, and Caveman's fault ALONE that it happened. Wobbles shouldn't be getting any grief or stress at all for this. None in the slightest. You should be ashamed of yourselves for giving this guy a hard time, what are you, 12 years old?

And if you have to change your character to better handle the situation do that. When $700 is on the line you do what it takes to win, and if you have the SKILL and KNOWLEDGE to handle playing another character in such a situation then you use it, otherwise you're nothing more then a fool, plain and simple.

All this talk about making the game boring and gay should be thrown out the window, this a competitive event, the last thing you should be worrying about is entertaining your opponent, or the audience for that matter.

Once again Wobbles, keep doing what you do. Ignore all the haters, and make it to the top at Evo World!

nublet06

Smash Lord
i don think anyone is saying it should be banned for being boring. its just ****ign boring and why would you want to play it.

jiggs ditto is pretty lame and a lot of people would rather not play it. wobbles is pretty annoying and a lot of peopel would rather not deal with it. only problem is....you cant just switch characters and not have to deal with it like you can other chain grabbing or combos.

caliagent3

Smash Rookie
I don't see a problem if you can escape at any point. The fact the you CAN ESCAPE deems it not game breaking imo.

Because mid tier is mid tier. You aren't making sense. And according to the tier list i saw, there were 5 or 6 characters above IC. I'm gonna assume that like all other communities, the tier list is based of off ease of use and tournament standings, meaning IC is pretty far from being one of the best characters.

Here's another infinite from MVC2, except this is one where you can escape if you mash out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxzZx5804p4

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
i don think anyone is saying it should be banned for being boring. its just ****ign boring and why would you want to play it.

jiggs ditto is pretty lame and a lot of people would rather not play it. wobbles is pretty annoying and a lot of peopel would rather not deal with it. only problem is....you cant just switch characters and not have to deal with it like you can other chain grabbing or combos.
It's a valid offensive tactic for IC, plain and simple.

It doesn't matter how boring it is, it's something that they can use, it is not game breaking, thus it should be used to its full extent.

And I'm sorry, watching Shiek / Fox / Falco / Marth is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, more boring and gay then this IC nonsense.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I'm fairly positive that when HugS played Wobbles at NCT 2, he knew about Wobbling, and made sure not to get grabbed.

But I'll retract my statement, because its easier for certain characters to get grabbed. I play Jiggs, so its easier for me to avoid a grab :\
It's not any easier for Jiggly to avoid a grab vs ICs. ICs are like Fox, they can grab Jiggly whenever the hell they please.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
were not b*tching at wobbles well not most of us >_>, if i played IC's i'd do it too lol sh*t i play my gf all the time and i wobble her to death LOL . i understand where ur coming from wobbles, were not mad or not making fun of u (least not me) i think u should use it until it gets ban and who knows it might not even get banned.

im sure this isnt the first time something like this happened. New tactics are discovered all the time in melee im sure fox's infinite was argued to be banned at first . i know this really isnt a new tactic but being used in tournament play its fairly new. i know its not easy to pull off but u can spend a day on it and learn it fairly well . I think personally it should be banned but am i gunna cry and wine if it doesnt? no there are ways to get around it , it just makes things a lot harder. i feel bad for everyone attacking wobbles i respect him for using it and dealing with this crap even tho i think it should be banned. congrats on the win wobbles but im still against it , nothing personal towards u tho.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
were not b*tching at wobbles well not most of us >_>, if i played IC's i'd do it too lol sh*t i play my gf all the time and i wobble her to death LOL . i understand where ur coming from wobbles, were not mad or not making fun of u (least not me) i think u should use it until it gets ban and who knows it might not even get banned.

im sure this isnt the first time something like this happened. New tactics are discovered all the time in melee im sure fox's infinite was argued to be banned at first . i know this really isnt a new tactic but being used in tournament play its fairly new. i know its not easy to pull off but u can spend a day on it and learn it fairly well . I think personally it should be banned but am i gunna cry and wine if it doesnt? no there are ways to get around it , it just makes things a lot harder. i feel bad for everyone attacking wobbles i respect him for using it and dealing with this crap even tho i think it should be banned. congrats on the win wobbles but im still against it , nothing personal towards u tho.
Word for word my thoughts exactly. (except about the part of wobbling your gf. :laugh: )

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well the thing is to truly get the most out of a fighting game you can't just allow the things you like. You can limit yourself to what you like to do, but that in no way gives you the right to disallow everything or anything else to another player.

People talk about Caveman like he's unbeatable. He's one of the best in the country, but he's certainly not unbeatable. Why'd we even have a tournament if Caveman is supposed to win it? No one's crying foul over Rob$ losing. And everyone's lost to people they shouldn't have before.

And I'll say it again, ICE CLIMBERS ARE NOT THE BEST IN THE GAME. We aren't trying to see who's going to be considered the better player. We aren't trying to see who's the most technically skilled player. Tournaments are about who can win. Competition. Period.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
See now you're contradicting yourself PC. Chris.

You mention ways around it, you mention the fact that it's not easy to set up, you mention it not being new (which means that by this point everyone in this community should know about it and ways around it), but you still want it banned?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense, as you completely destroyed your own stance on the matter. Seriously think about it for a second. Why ban something when you've clearly mentioned the cons against it? I mean why bother taking away a completely VALID offensive tactic from IC at all? IC's ranking in tiers doesn't even INCLUDE this tactic, so what's the point?

:p

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
sorry mr ice climbers are middle tier, yes u can get around it ! how? not get grabbed? thats very hard at high level of play and this is where u come in and say" if your so good don't get grabbed lolol" but no it doesn't work like that. Everyone is going to get grabbed random pikakchu # 321 will grab ken in a match probably more then once. ppl used to argue that sheik's CG should be banned back in the day. Now its unfair if it was cuz she only has one CG. Ice climbers on the other hand have many they'd survive fine without it.

caliagent3

Smash Rookie
sorry mr ice climbers are middle tier, yes u can get around it ! how? not get grabbed? thats very hard at high level of play and this is where u come in and say" if your so good don't get grabbed lolol" but no it doesn't work like that. Everyone is going to get grabbed random pikakchu # 321 will grab ken in a match probably more then once. ppl used to argue that sheik's CG should be banned back in the day. Now its unfair if it was cuz she only has one CG. Ice climbers on the other hand have many they'd survive fine without it.

I think the point he was trying to make is that you contradicted yourself in your post. You said you don't mind, but you want it banned.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
What he said was he doesn't mind that it was used to win because it wasn't banned at this tournament. However, he thinks it should be banned at future tournaments. That's not contradictory. And once again, I agree with him. :p

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
so heres the arguement for wobbling:

1. its hard to get a grab
2. other fighters have infinites
3. its situational
4. its hard

answers:

1. ic's gameplay is 90% wding around doing dsmash and shieldgrabbing. if your character is BASED on grabs, you are going to get a grab at some point during the stock. no good ic win without grabbing
2. ssbm is not another fighter. comparing it to mvc2 or w/e the hell you want wont win an arguement. just because their communities permit broken gameplay doesnt mean we have to too.
3. fox's infinite shine is situational. you need a wall. this is not. all you need is a grab.
4. it takes maybe 1 day of training against a lvl 9 to get the timing. done.

in conclusion, this is nothing more than an easier freeze glitch. instead of only nana having to grab, you can have nana or popo. the only thing stopping you is they must be over 15% or so. if wobbles isn't banned, then freeze glitch shouldn't be banned either. and seriously, ic have so many different chaingrabs, yes escapable, but they DO work. that's how good ic have been winning. so instead of whining "this is a viable tactic" just learn the regular chaingrabs (which most people cant get out of anyways). all other chaingrabs in the game dont lead to guaranteed deaths. yes they lead to a good advantage but they aren't guaranteed stocks. on top of that, most require you to AT LEAST follow di.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry but you have the full ability to not get grabbed in a match. It's entirely possible. Please don't make it seem like you've already lost before the match even starts, because the only ones with the right to do that are the ones playing characters LOWER in the tier ranking, like the ice climbers. If you get grabbed, you deserve to be gang bang. I mean day one match up knowledge against IC is to get rid of Nana, why start complaining about this now?

Step your game up ;p.

so heres the arguement for wobbling:

1. ic's gameplay is 90% wding around doing dsmash and shieldgrabbing. if your character is BASED on grabs, you are going to get a grab at some point during the stock. no good ic win without grabbing
And? You've pretty much established that IC's are the Zangief of Smash. Keep them the hell out, plain and simple.

2. ssbm is not another fighter. comparing it to mvc2 or w/e the hell you want wont win an arguement. just because their communities permit broken gameplay doesnt mean we have to too.
If the gameplay is broken it's NOT permitted in other fighting games. This tactic is not game breaking, nor broken, thus it shouldn't be banned. Akuma is ST is broken because he results in 9-1 match ups againt the rest of the cast seeing as how they can't deal with air fireball. Thus he's banned. Infinites in MvC2 are allowed because of its team based mechanic, and because of counter character match ups to fight the infinite using charactesr anyway. The list goes on.

It's simply causing some of you to start crying because it doesn't require a degree in quantum mechanics and the dexterity of the gods to pull it off.

3. fox's infinite shine is situational. you need a wall. this is not. all you need is a grab.
Right, so keep them out. Kill Nana. One or the other bro.

4. it takes maybe 1 day of training against a lvl 9 to get the timing. done.
And? What's your point? If it took half a year of training then it'd be viable and perfectly fine to use?

in conclusion, this is nothing more than an easier freeze glitch. instead of only nana having to grab, you can have nana or popo. the only thing stopping you is they must be over 15% or so. if wobbles isn't banned, then freeze glitch shouldn't be banned either. and seriously, ic have so many different chaingrabs, yes escapable, but they DO work. that's how good ic have been winning. so instead of whining "this is a viable tactic" just learn the regular chaingrabs (which most people cant get out of anyways).
You're saying IC players should learn to play a different way simply because of a tactic you don't agree with? Noone in this thread has given any hardcore, worthwhile proof why this tactic should be banned. Noone. It's eight pages of "It's boring, it's gay, I don't like it. Learn some other crap with IC, you don't need it, there are other 'glitches' that should be allowed, he didn't deserve to win, why did he beat Caveman, IC isn't mid tier, whatever".

Yeah ok there. And you guys wonder why the regular FG community hasn't taken you seriously up until now.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
To answer Drew's question: this whole "two chances to escape it" is false. If I do it right, you don't get out once it's started. The only opportunity to escape is BEFORE IT BEGINS.

Is that clear? Yay.

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
Wobbles, is it entirely possible to not be grabbed by the IC, and thus not be 'gangbanged' (sorry, still hate the term wobbling, no offense ;D) for the entireity of a match?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I read a lot of Sirlin's articles (Playing to win articles) and followed his philosophies--I respect it and I respect Wobbles. But after a while, playing to win didn't leave me feeling as awesome as I had always put it up to be. Taking advantage of legal techniques that got me the win (money) didn't feel as rewarding as playing on a different level.

I mean a different level as in, a different mindset. Wobble's mindset is to take advantage of all the legal strategies to win. I don't know if he has fun with it (winning can be fun), but I am sure I did not enjoy it. Many people would feel sour after getting infinited by me in some way--my happiness isn't worth someone's misery.

Sure one would be sad they lost to me, but if they lost to me in a way they felt was cheap, it'd be different. What would define cheapness? There was a similar debate I hear about, it went something like this:

"There is no absolute justification of what pornography is, but I know it when I see it".

I work on the level other players work on: trickery/movement/tech-skill/knowledge, I get my satisfaction through it.
I also agree with this man. :grin:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, nobody's perfect so I do land grabs. I don't always win matches where I'm using the infinite though, and there are plenty of matches where I am actively trying to infinite in which I don't land it at all that I still win.

By the way, PC, can you encourage _milktea to make me a sig as awesome as yours? That's some serious penguin ownage going on in there.

Impp

Smash Ace
Who's got the videos of KrazyKirbyKid? I want to see em. Put em on you tube or something, please. Those gotta be awesome.

And for my take on the wobble:
I think banning the wobble is no good. Being Ice climbers does not guarantee win. The wobbles is pretty situational. There's ways around it. Some of Falco's big combos are alot more broken in my opinion. They're more easy to pull off (Keep in mind, I'm speaking in terms of game play not technicality. ) Sure his combos don't guarantee a kill, but they do give him more of an advantage than wobbling does Ice Climbers. Low damage gimpish shine spikes are and probably always will be more a cause of stock loss in tournaments. If anything it might make the game a little more balanced... Not sure if balanced is the right word, but for instance Samus might see more play since she can separate the ice climbers easily, and therefore avoid the infinite. Of course I might be biased, because I'm sick of seeing space animals always winning. At least leave the infinite in for a while. If Ice Climber players start to totally dominate the tourney scene then limit the infinite to something of "you can't accrue more than 50%.-60% damage with it" or an acutal f-tilt limit or something. I know this sounds hoaky in a way and would require more monitoring, but it's better than outright banning and hindering ice climbers more IMOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom