• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO RULESET ANNOUNCED. The ruleset has been updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I now know the feeling of making a long post that people just see and say, hey along post lets no read it. :(

Aesir

Smash Master
I find it funny when someone uses tourney *** as a legitimate insult. When in reality the whole tourney *** "insult" is just a parody on competitive gaming.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when people say **** like "Over many years of debating the whole Smash community came to the conclusion that items are bad in a competitive environment."

Brawl is an entirely different game. Everything deserves re-consideration.
Not really... Items work the same way as they did in melee and the way they are used has not changed ether. They are random and some kill in one hit. The whole point of trying to be competitive is show who has mastered their character/ the game mechanics the most. Its not about getting the smash ball before the other guy and then simply and cheaply owning them. The smarter and better player should win and the battle should be hard fought or at least the easy victory should be fair. Winning though skill, not luck.

Oh and people who don't like brawl and feel that they should alert we brawl players that the game we love to play sucks- they fail, I can understand your reasons for liking melee more but thats no reason to to belittle brawl players as wasting their time or saying their taste in games suck.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Random =/= Not competitive

If you are gonna make arguments to Evo about why items are broken and get the rules fixed to the way you want them you are going to need lots of videos that prove your point. And it might be good to learn how to play with items on so you can counter the pro-item players that are arguing the opposite over there.

People who were looking forward to going to EVO should have been paying attention to what Mr. Wizard was saying when they first announced the game. It seems like our community shrugged a lot of what he asked off while the pro-item community actually got the footage and did the testing that was requested. From what I am hearing from Mr. Wizard the melee passover rule people did very little to prove their points :(.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Listen to Team Giza, he knows what he's talking about.

SRK's claim to know anything about competitive fighters is automatically cancelled out by this horrific moveset. I can't even look at it without my eyes bleeding.
Hyperbole is fun!

Look, the format was done moreso for the SRK forumgoes than us. Mainly due to that fact that certain someones make the entire Smash scene look like jerks. They know their fighters, they did similar testing to the SBR and came to a different conclusion. Granted, that conclusion comes as a giant F You to the comm in general and cats like you in particular, but we didn't do anything to change that.
If you don't like it, sign onto SRK and make a case without spraying jerkass everywhere.

Honestly, it's no different than MDeezy and the pro/anti items tournament settings of early Melee. Wanna change it? Then you and anyone else who can reason well make yourself heard. I already have, seeing as how SRK is just as important to the community as the SWF is now that the Smash series is getting some respect.

EDIT #2: PozerWolf, this isn't SRK man, you're in the minority. Hate without backup will just get you labeled as a troll.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I now know the feeling of making a long post that people just see and say, hey along post lets no read it. :(
Lol, well, I read it. But it's basically just a reiteration of what most pro smashers think already, nothing really jaw dropping. :p

But that list of rules at the end is organized strangely... It should probably put in the same format each time, in singles, Friendly Fire is one of the first things mentioned (which is uneccessary, anyways XD) but in Teams, it's last.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny when someone uses tourney *** as a legitimate insult. When in reality the whole tourney *** "insult" is just a parody on competitive gaming.
No, it's about the fact that you guys ***** Melee to death, and now you guys are ****** brawl.

They cry for mercy... but no one listens..

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Evo Brawl Beta Ruleset Revision 20
These rules are not tentative and not subject to change at any time.

No items
Fox only
Final Destonation
Thats better.

RDK

Smash Hero
Hyperbole is fun!

Look, the format was done moreso for the SRK forumgoes than us. Mainly due to that fact that certain someones make the entire Smash scene look like jerks. They know their fighters, they did similar testing to the SBR and came to a different conclusion. Granted, that conclusion comes as a giant F You to the comm in general and cats like you in particular, but we didn't do anything to change that.
If you don't like it, sign onto SRK and make a case without spraying jerkass everywhere.

Honestly, it's no different than MDeezy and the pro/anti items tournament settings of early Melee. Wanna change it? Then you and anyone else who can reason well make yourself heard. I already have, seeing as how SRK is just as important to the community as the SWF is now that the Smash series is getting some respect.

EDIT #2: PozerWolf, this isn't SRK man, you're in the minority. Hate without backup will just get you labeled as a troll.
Newsflash: I did go and ***** about it on the SRK forums. I used to be a part of that community until a few years ago when it started going down the drain.

And all this hostility towards me because I'm disappointed about this whole situation is counterproductive. I make the Smash scene look like a bunch of jerks? Is it really me who's the jerk? I'm not the one b@stardizing the MLG Smash circuit with disgusting rulesets. The EVO beta rules are so messed up it's not even funny.

Aesir

Smash Master
No, it's about the fact that you guys ***** Melee to death, and now you guys are ****** brawl.

They cry for mercy... but no one listens..
Who's crying for mercy? no one. We ***** melee? yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. how so because it isn't as "fun" fun has to be the most subjective word you can ever use an argument. How did we "****" the game? I'd love to hear this, I haven't argued with someone who actually took that **** off of ED seriously in a long *** time.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
WOW. Instead of actaully telling me what's wrong with 75m, you guys decide to be jacka***'s.

This is SURELY the best Smash bro's community EVER.

Grunt

Smash Master
Well generally speaking, when you **** something, that means they don't want it. Melee loved us. :)

In terms of competitive smash, yes it is. EVO obviously doesn't want super competitive smash, so i see no need to try and change our way of thinking to yours.

Grunt

Smash Master
are we troll free yet or are more coming?

I now declare this thread be used for pictures of cute kittens until it's close.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
lol smash balls AND golden hammers. I'm sure that'll be a blast. What a joke.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt EVO one of the biggest tourney runners out there?
who was the person to say "items are allowed" and why didnt they acknowledge the already set in stone competitive play style of fairness:
no random forces to interfere with play..AKA items

man. this only helps people insult competitive brawl

edit-i agree with the kittenz

Kabii!

Smash Rookie
First, Stage Hazards. There are alot of stage hazards on 75m that kill. Also the edges are walk off, this means you can kill someone by just b-throwing while facing away from the boundary. You can choose not to approach, but.... if they have a projectile they can simply camp near a boundary.

That is why I think 75m should be banned. I'm not an SBRoomer though and I think they could explain why it should be banned way better.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
First, Stage Hazards. There are alot of stage hazards on 75m that kill. Also the edges are walk off, this means you can kill someone by just b-throwing while facing away from the boundary. You can choose not to approach, but.... if they have a projectile they can simply camp near a boundary.

That is why I think 75m should be banned. I'm not an SBRoomer though and I think they could explain why it should be banned way better.
The stage hazards are avoidable. Donkey kong stays in one place, and the jacks can be avoided altogether if you stay on the left side.

The walk-off edges are a valid statement, though.

Aesir

Smash Master
I stand by the fact that evo is incompetent

Mr. Wizard was given access to the backroom and all it's ****, they even had a thread specifically about items in brawl and why it isn't a good idea.

That did a lot of good eh?

Team Giza

Smash Lord
correct me if im wrong, but isnt EVO one of the biggest tourney runners out there?
who was the person to say "items are allowed" and why didnt they acknowledge the already set in stone competitive play style of fairness:
no random forces to interfere with play..AKA items

man. this only helps people insult competitive brawl
There were arguments going on in SRK for months. Mr. Wizard asked both SWF and SRK to do research on items and get footage to back up and show their claims as people tried to put together a rule set. It was actually a lot of pro-item arguments and they happened to be hosting quite a few tournaments and getting quite a bit of footage to help prove their points. Where were you?

From what I am hearing from Mr. Wizard the back room discussed the idea of items but most of them didn't do the proper testing the Mr. Wizard asked for. They didn't get the footage to help back up their claims either. It wasn't incompetence on evo's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom