• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Oh my god... That was so damn close. aMSa almost lost his match. That Down TIlt Up Smash saved him. Pretty hype match though.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Yeah, that was tense. aMSa missed a couple easy up-b punishes though >_>

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So THAT's the reason Diddy got nerfed even harder. Makes sense to me.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
:4diddy: Banana>UpB kill option it's pretty sick tho

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That was the best set I've seen thus far, though I haven't seen everything. Just goes to show (yet again) that Diddy Kong is still REALLY REALLY GOOD GUYS. He's absolutely terrifying with a banana in his hand, as you saw. And he gets another banana so quickly if he loses one. I feel like Amsa was clearly the better player, but it was ridiculously close (and lucky with that SD game 2) because banana->upB carried so far.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
That was a very hype match, aMSa won thanks to the SD in game 2 but daaaaaaaaamn.

Every time he died was to the Up-B though, that was really scary.

Thank god for Greninja's kill setups.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
This EVO has been amazing for Smash 4. So many quality and now low tiers are getting more recognition. Also aMSa's sick combos are just amazing. By the way, what happened to 6WX?

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who thinks that Rocketbarrel Attack is Diddy's version of Heavy Skull Bash, but instead of thunder wave setups he has a super safe projectile? Speaking of Rocketbarrel Attack, another Diddy just used it out of a banana throw to KO on stream again.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ye gods Triple R.

The best thing is that this isn't even the first time Kirby has humiliated Mario today.

EDIT: Well damn.

That happened.

DOUBLE EDIT: Refer to my original statement.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
tfw RRR loses because he doesn't have the good custom UpB
why are you so stubborn? :mad:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
#BanHalberd

I'm surprised Triple R is using default Kirby. He could've made it back if he had Upper Cutter.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Kirby with no customs and still won... THIS IS AMAZING.

Banette

Smash Cadet
Late to the party, but I needed some time to consider this - @Artemis did want to make me play Toon Link myself xD His bombs are so cute! Anyway, I was very impressed by how many Helicopter Kicks Toon Link managed to dodge - I even dared hope that he could pull it off for a second. I hope to see more of Artemis along the way.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Late to the party, but I needed some time to consider this - @Artemis did want to make me play Toon Link myself xD His bombs are so cute! Anyway, I was very impressed by how many Helicopter Kicks Toon Link managed to dodge - I even dared hope that he could pull it off for a second. I hope to see more of Artemis along the way.
Artemis is a she, actually.

I never knew Omni played Smash 4, this will be interesting.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lucina-Sheik matchup is awful, but that hurt just by watching it.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I went to pour myself a glass of lemonade and came back just as Lucina got KO'd.

omni tho

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Aigachu used the wrong custom up B. Dolphin Jump is useless. It has no hitbox, has 40something frames landing lag, and can't go sideways. You lose the OoS and edgeguarding (Dolphin Slash) and the combos and grab releases (Crescent Slash).

He also did dancing blade wrong. You use the foward version on all characters at low percents or you will get a perfect shield and meaty punish.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was not pretty at all, but it's exactly what I'd expect from a Lucina vs Sheik from Mr. R. Almost every single thing she threw out seemed punishable on reaction and she barely got to breathe on the stage.

The match-up looks awful and it's weird seeing how slow Sheik can make a fighter look.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
The MU isn't that bad (though obviously Sheik wins). It was playing the character wrong and the skill gap that made that so one sided.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby with no customs and still won... THIS IS AMAZING.
Don't forget this was what, round 1 or 2 of pool 1? I'm not getting excited until I see more experienced opponents :/ though that loss on Halberd was a perfect example of how much lower tier Kirby would be without customs: the literal difference between life and death on his last stock. ...I also missed the end of game 3, because my internet dies constantly. I did see Mario getting hit by way too many Dairs, which is the most obvious sign of matchup inexperience.
I also apparently missed a Lucina getting wrecked!

Banette

Smash Cadet
Artemis is a she, actually.
I'm aware; the personal pronoun I used referred to Toon Link, who isn't. Ah, and to add something on topic: I think the matchup showed like no other the importance of reliable kill setups in this game, and to be honest I only see several of the projectile users like Toon Link but also Duck Hunt, fall further behind as time goes on because of this.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Wooouu. Omni's Yoshi is really aggressive. It's like I saw another person play :O

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
I'm aware; the personal pronoun I used referred to Toon Link, who isn't. Ah, and to add something on topic: I think the matchup showed like no other the importance of reliable kill setups in this game, and to be honest I only see several of the projectile users like Toon Link but also Duck Hunt, fall further behind as time goes on because of this.
Aaand you just reminded me of my sadness as a Duck Hunt main

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
The DK was perfection! Japan really knows what they're doing.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
...Did a DK just edgeguard a Sheik the entire match?

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
DKwil has beaten false many times. Twice on tourney. ( KTAR and smash attack) I think custom dk does really well against sheik

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I better ask for link to the stream so I can watch it on my laptop.

BTW, has any Luigis appeared yet? And any Ganon?
Neither yet. I'll go mental if we get Customdorf.

That DK / Sheik set was good stuff. Kudos to both players, they kept it real.

Kong Cyclone is still a great move.

TriTails

Smash Lord
While we're at False, I just find it funny that his real name is Corey Shin. 'Shin' means 'True' in Japanese.

(No offense intended False. I look forward on watching your videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom