• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 Melee Info Dump! - FINAL DAY: TOP 8 STARTING AT NOON: http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

V-K

Smash Ace
Armada looks sad lol.
But yeah, Wobbles he didn't even use neutral B when he came on stage and I think he repeated his not working tactic for too long. But yeah Mango deserves it, he played like a monster.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Mango takes his last chance to seize back the throne after 3 years without it. Amazing run - barely let anyone get close to him.

That was nuts. GREAT job to all, though. Especially Wobbles - great play from him.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to all, I'm overhyped right now. Especially Wobbles for his amazing run, and for Mango for winning the biggest tournament of all time.

#longlivemelee
#onemoreyear

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Huge congratulations to Mango. Going Fox the whole tournament, absolutely amazing. Awesome to see my favorite player get first at the biggest tournament of all-time. Hats off to Wobbles too for his amazing performance. Will this change the conversation about the "big 5", is it now the "big 6"?? Don't want to jump to any conclusions this early though. Can't wait to rewatch these sets over and over again and see what I can learn from them.

You're all amazing. One more year!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Mango found redemption six years in the making. Going from 3rd in Melee's last EVO tournament to reaching the peak, and going the distance. Congrats, Mango.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I so wanted Hbox to take it all, being a former Jiggs main back when I played Melee, but a 3rd place is still damn fine, and after seeing Mango play he deserves it without a doubt. Great watch, 130k people on stream, I say it's a safe bet that we'll have an entertaining time next year too.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Mango for winning this
Wobbles for going hardcore
Prog for sacrificing to commentate here
The community for pulling it together and making it here

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
From my stream numbers, we were a little over 135,000 around the ending. Whether or not we get to Evo next year, these past 3 days were a piece of history for competitive Smash.

That being said. . . I know there was the potential to have a little more hype, but whatever. Good tournament! Mango went off.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Would still argue Armada was best when he played.

Nah son. Mango looked damn near unstoppable until the last 3-4 games (where he still dominated but you could see he was getting ever so slightly fatigued from playing Fox at that level for that long). Have you EVER seen mango use that many lasers and actually space that well? He hardly ever went mindless aggro. Best fox play of all time easily.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Mangonation...I was actually pleased with chen's commentary. He added some hype. But more than all, i'm happy to not see jiggz in GF. I know im a hater..

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Losers Mango is the beast that I love to watch destroy.
Wobbles finishing his final tournament higher than Armada. That's worth boasting.
Hungrybox always with those Sadbox/Saltybox loses. Still a great showing.

Great tournament. Great sets. One more year.

(Also, considering most sets were 2-0 except WF, I don't think sets of 5 would have change much unless everyone can pull 3 matches in a row.)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Guys, what happened with ChrisG anyway? He was "unleashed" onto the tfg community or something?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Grats to Mango for winning EVO! He's definitely the world champion once again!

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
Good **** Wobbles, Great **** Mango. Awesome character diversity. Hopefully smash can make it back next year!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Congratulations to my long time husband- Mango. I have always loved you and will continue to love you- especially after winning this tournament you sexy, goatee-less man. You played like a beast, and endured everything possible. Being a Mango fanboy is still hard as ****, but I am so happy right now.

Anyways...top 8 gave me an adrenaline rush even after it was over. I'm still in shock as to how epic this tournament was. Melee is now in the spotlight as one of the greatest games ever.

#LongLiveMelee #OneMoreYear #MangoNation

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
(Also, considering most sets were 2-0 except WF, I don't think sets of 5 would have change much unless everyone can pull 3 matches in a row.)
Uh Mango vs Wobbles in winner's bracket?

We would've praised Wobbles as the greatest smash player today if Mango lost 0-2 and didn't get that second chance.

Best of 3 for Top 8 until GF is a joke. No other smash tournament does that. They even changed Marvel POOLS to best of 5 WHILE they were still playing after people already played best of 3's because that was the standard for Marvel tournaments.

I know they have time constraints and **** but Mango barely saved the hype for Melee. It was really looking like a disappointment before he picked it up and best of 3's with the best players in the world in the "premier" tournament was a part of the reason why.

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
Guys, what happened with ChrisG anyway? He was "unleashed" onto the tfg community or something?
He played Smash before he moved on to destroying other games. I don't know good he was or how far back this was, though. Before my time, to be sure. b:

...But on that topic, I would love to see what he could do with Melee if he applied himself to it.

Top Bottom