• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 - Finally....

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ok on a serious note, who the **** is the sephirothken troll on twitch? will the real sephirothken please stand up?

in all seriousness you got me in a big *** pickle when Mr.wizard came on and started ken fanboying me

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
I did not attend MLG when SSBM was on, and now I have another chance at attending a tournament of MLG's caliber. I'm super stoked and I'll see you guys there! =)

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Donated $180 total and didn't really intend on going before, ya know.

What's that? Gimpyfish62 is going?

Wait, WHAT? Ken may be coming out of retirement to defend his EVO Title?

NOW I GOTTA GO.

JTR

Smash Rookie
In preparation for Evo I think we should make an updated beginner's guide to the mechanics of Melee (i.e. stuff like dash dancing, wavedash). You know the typical stuff a beginner heading into the competitive environs would learn. Also a basic character guide to the characters most likely going to be at Evo. Then as Evo gets closer make advanced tutorials and maybe a matchup guide. This would help casual and non smashers understand what is going on.

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
In preparation for Evo I think we should make an updated beginner's guide to the mechanics of Melee (i.e. stuff like dash dancing, wavedash). You know the typical stuff a beginner heading into the competitive environs would learn. Also a basic character guide to the characters most likely going to be at Evo. Then as Evo gets closer make advanced tutorials and maybe a matchup guide. This would help casual and non smashers understand what is going on.

I think prog and some of our other video guys are making short clips of demonstrations of some things in competitive Melee to use for streams. These could also serve for Evo 2013 when Melee is on stream during the downtime (when matches aren't being played).

I think M2K even said he would write a huge guide about everything he knows about characters and Melee if Melee won.

Shocksauce

Smash Cadet
Ken vs Armada grand finals at evo? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

make it happen

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I already have a $50 mm planned for EVO against one of my friends in Vegas. Gonna be hype.

Let me give you guys an amazing idea of what we are going to be part of this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHC8Kbum-bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIIsxpxz92g
Man... I was in the crowd all throughout the MvC and SF top 8 in that year in 2011. It was some of the most hype I've ever experienced. Especially Poonko's epic drink-chug and ripping off of the clothes. So good!

CAN'T WAIT!

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
this is so awesome. too bad there is no way i could afford to fly to vegas, otherwise I would go. but i'm so hyped we won, good **** everyone

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Totally going to be there. Let's flood evo guys. They still think our community is small.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

Already being worked on, come on.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
A doc, a marth and a ganon's gotta be good luck at the black jack table... I mean we're all mid tier right!? >=)

marth? wooowwwww you heard it here first folks, no need for any more arguing on marth's placement, he's going down.

The food on your truck looks awesome, would definitely order a ken combo...maybe with some mango juice, in a box cause i'm hungry :troll:

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm already making plans to Drive here because

a certain florida falco player that isn't Dashizwiz is afraid of planes.

And i've always wanted to take him to a national (rice)

Here's to hoping I get a full van going.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yooooooo?

I remember you, Zone. You were at TGMTSBCO! I think I got rocked by your Zelda.

I'll definitely see you there, though! Hope Florida comes out in full force for this.

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom