• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever unintentionally get a player salty on For Glory salty?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Have you ever been playing against somebody online and who just shows signs of :shaker: even though you did not do anything to try to piss them off, like T bag or spam your taunt until the game won't let you anymore? Share your stories!

Just now I got the idea of making this this thread from playing against some guy on For Glory who ended up getting really salty playing against me. I was using Doc and they were using Kirby, it looked like they were going to beat me,but they ended up losing because once they got me off stage they made the terrible mistake of trying to disrespect by using Kirby's down b causing them to SD. Once that match was over I switched to Captain Falcon and they switched to Little Mac, and that is when I was able to detect the salt.....I will be honest and say they were a very good Mac player since they actually did more than just YOLO smash attack all the time, I got destroyed by their Little Mac. During that match I could tell they were angry at me from the previous match since they were spamming taunt after they killed me. After that match I beat them with my Falcon twice and switched back to Doc and beat them (I forgot who they used during the matches I beat them except they used Sheik when I switched back to Doc). Finally they switched back to Little Mac, who I assume is their main since they played him much better than the others I saw them use and I switched back to Falcon. The same thing happened as before and I ended up getting destroyed,but this time I could tell they were very pissed since not only they would spam taunts after KOing me,but they also taunted sometimes after they knocked me away knowing I would clearly survive, and they even avoided using the KO punch on me when I was wide open to get hit by it for long enough for them to see I was wide open (though maybe that was a mistake), but the part that sealed the deal was what the fact that they spent almost all the time on the results screen most likely saving a replay and share it online to try to make me look bad and they just left right after. When I saw them do that I just started laughing and closed my 3DS to go make this thread (I don't have a Wii U :c).

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I had a long set with guy I was beating non stop. They were good fun matches. Some were close, some I 2 stocked him. I even told him goodgames on more than one occasion. After beating him about 10 times in a row he changes his name to USUCK! I was like really? It's just a game man and they were fun matches. I've also had a mirror matches where the opponent changes to the character I'm using after I've been beaten them a few times. And you can tell they have no idea on how to use said character. For Glory seems to have a lot of salty people sadly.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I had a long set with guy I was beating non stop. They were good fun matches. Some were close, some I 2 stocked him. I even told him goodgames on more than one occasion. After beating him about 10 times in a row he changes his name to USUCK! I was like really? It's just a game man and they were fun matches. I've also had a mirror matches where the opponent changes to the character I'm using after I've been beaten them a few times. And you can tell they have no idea on how to use said character. For Glory seems to have a lot of salty people sadly.
Changes tag to "USUCK" after losing 10 times in a row.....wut.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I got called "DUMBVIRGIN" recently after beating a player twice in a row. It was so childish that I couldn't even be upset at it. After our next game, because he still hadn't changed his tag, I decided to respond back with "Cute" to show I really didn't care what he called me. He left immediately after that happened.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I make people quit out all the time playing as Duck Hunt.

Like the game will be going fine and all of a sudden, intentional SD. No lag. Not sure what I'm doing but I must be doing it right.

Tonight I was playing FG as Wario, a character I never use except for fun. I was testing out playing very nooby and spammed the bike and other bad moves all over the place just to see if it would work on anyone.

One of the people I actually beat once, played me again and beat me. He proceeded to make the tag "TERRIBLE..." and held it until the clock ran out on character select, then quit.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Yeah... last night while streaming especially. I'd play a guy... say 10 matches. I'd win the first 6 matches and they start to ONLY roll and taunt. One changed his name to "Johns" not sure why (My name was just Crusher, as-in my tag).. but you can tell they were upset and left right after my last win.

I played a viewer for my channel and we went back and forth. One of the matches I lost due to lag (which was obvious for anyone watching the stream). I mentioned something about the lag sucking and he got pissy. (Not a For Glory story tho, sorry).

Last edited:

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I just hate online in general so I have left games simply because I have had multiple bad connections or battles that allow people to do things safely online that are otherwise not. Therefore I leave because I don't like putting up with bad players getting away with doing things I can avoid or punish in offline.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i used to ironically use flaming names to screw with people

i remember this time there was a zss main i faced who changed his name to a different insult every time i beat him

the one time he won was through a spike and he got super cocky about it

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
It is pretty sad how these players cannot just except the fact that they lost fair and square, no BS involved. From my experience this kind of stuff always happens with the players who are actually pretty good, but they are too cocky and act like a whiny little kid.

One other time I faced this dude on For Glory using Mario and I was using Marth, they were good, but I remember beating them without too much trouble. After that match they switched to Shulk and I noticed they were playing much more aggressive and doing things like going really deep to try to edgeguard and they would taunt when they KOed me, which they didn't do before. Anyways, they ended up losing and then I detected the salt when we both switched to Falcon and I did the "Show me ya moves" taunt since it is just the Falcon code of honor and they just got a cheap hit on me NEVER DISRESPECT THE FALCON CODE OF HONOR. During that match the player went full tryhard and got super cocky after a KO by taunting me 3 times in a row, even if I SD. They beat me like two more times before I beat them. In the last match we had switched back to Shulk and it seemed like they got the salt out of their system since they were playing more like they did in the first two matches, and then left after I beat them one more time.

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
I've also had a mirror matches where the opponent changes to the character I'm using after I've been beaten them a few times. And you can tell they have no idea on how to use said character. For Glory seems to have a lot of salty people sadly.
I get such a kick when this happens. It's especially funny with Sheik since they can never figure out how to K.O.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
That's every other game, tbh. People get upset all the time whenever I face them for some reason, lol. Insults through name-tag changes and the like; it's a bit disappointing.

It's even better that I play with such a low tier character (Char) and 2-stock a Captain Falcon, for example. Then the sparks start flying. I don't see why people get upset over it really, I just play online to have fun. Losing or winning doesn't really matter to me, enjoying the match is what matters the most. If I win then hey, it's a victory. If I lose, then I'm not really stressing over it. Just play them again; maybe I'll learn something from them. Maybe that makes me a bit more of a casual in a sense, haha.

IMO having fun > getting salty over a loss or two.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Its called For Salt for a reason,I can count numerous times my opponent changes there to tag to "Noskill" or "scrub" when there spamming,camping or lag switching doesn't work and lose miserably.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Beat a guy twice with ROB and Diddy spent the next two matches playing like doo doo because I was using the Gamepad on the toilet( no johns but no one plays good whilst pooping.) basically got killed by random b reversed warlock punches lol.

Got back and used the pro controller and proceeded to 2 stock him with ROB with pretty much only gyro. He changed his tag to WTF, and spent 8 or so matches trying. I could feel the :shaker:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sounds like something that happens all the time. I don't recall making people piss their pants off myself.

This is mainly the reason why I rarely play For Glory. People don't learn how to play this game just for fun.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Sounds like something that happens all the time. I don't recall making people piss their pants off myself.

This is mainly the reason why I rarely play For Glory. People don't learn how to play this game just for fun.
It really has nothing to do with playing the game just for fun. The problem is these players think they are so good that there is no possible way they can lose, so when they do lose they react by acting as if you did something to make things unfair or something. I am pretty sure everyone is playing smash to have fun, because why else would they play it? Even the sore losers are having fun,but they only have fun when they are beating you and disrespecting you. I would like to see what would happen if one of those players were to play in a tournament with people who are much better than they are, they would most likely lose so bad they would just quit.

Foul Play

The biggest geek on the block
NNID
FoulPlay22
3DS FC
3480-3050-4532
Ive just learned not to use For Glory as a testament as to how good, or bad you are. Its not accurate. I play tournament sets (2/3) with people, and I always try and change my tag to GG WP afterwards, whether i win or loose.

But the other day i 2 stocked a guy with zelda twice, and he changed his tag to FAGOT before quickly leaving (barely had time to read it) guess he didn't want mommy, and daddy to see.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
One guy just got SUPER mad when I beat him a few times. They weren't curbstomps, but I was pretty much in control. He started cycling between multiple insults like "VIRGIN" or "GET LAID!" and others. It was so juvenile I didn't even feel like leaving the room and played another game. Won again and he fired up the salt mines again, but this time I decided to stoke the fire and responded with things like "UMAD" and "GET REKT" in response to his "GET LAID" tag. After one more match, I figured I'd had my fun and left him to stew.

The kicker is, when I checked my friends list a few days later, I found he'd sent me a friend request, asking why I was so good (I don't think I am) and expressing his annoyance at me beating him. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself before denying it.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I play pika and with pika you have just about everything that makes people salty in FG. Glad I play on the 3DS, I don't want to know the horrible things I would get called.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
One guy just got SUPER mad when I beat him a few times. They weren't curbstomps, but I was pretty much in control. He started cycling between multiple insults like "VIRGIN" or "GET LAID!" and others. It was so juvenile I didn't even feel like leaving the room and played another game. Won again and he fired up the salt mines again, but this time I decided to stoke the fire and responded with things like "UMAD" and "GET REKT" in response to his "GET LAID" tag. After one more match, I figured I'd had my fun and left him to stew.

The kicker is, when I checked my friends list a few days later, I found he'd sent me a friend request, asking why I was so good (I don't think I am) and expressing his annoyance at me beating him. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself before denying it.
If I were you I wouldn't have accepted it either,but I would've told him something like "I am good because I don't whine when I lose and think about what I could have done to win. You are not going to get far with that mindset."

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I faced a Diddy Kong player today while using Olimar. It was obvious he just wanted to dthrow uair me, so I took extra care to keep out of his grab range. After failing to grab me twice and taking 23% damage without even hurting me, he SDed twice, changed his tag to "WhatAJerk", and left.

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
I faced a Diddy Kong player today while using Olimar. It was obvious he just wanted to dthrow uair me, so I took extra care to keep out of his grab range. After failing to grab me twice and taking 23% damage without even hurting me, he SDed twice, changed his tag to "WhatAJerk", and left.
The Hoo-Hah was not strong with this one.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand the logic behind some of these players. They call you a jerk for knowing how to avoid getting hit by the Hoo-Hah. Assuming they were using Diddy to try to get easy wins on FG instead of using him because they like him, that would make them look like a jerk for doing that. He is the one acting like a jerk for trying to get easy wins and not wanting to adapt when the strategy they are using is not working.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I don't understand the logic behind some of these players. They call you a jerk for knowing how to avoid getting hit by the Hoo-Hah. Assuming they were using Diddy to try to get easy wins on FG instead of using him because they like him, that would make them look like a jerk for doing that. He is the one acting like a jerk for trying to get easy wins and not wanting to adapt when the strategy they are using is not working.
Honestly, I'm not really that upset about it. Since I have started playing Olimar, I've noticed that people are more likely to throw insults at me when I win with him than when I win with any of my other characters, plus what he said was fairly tame compared to some of the other things I've gotten.

The only reason I even posted about this specific incident was because I've never seen anybody rage quit that quickly before.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Johns is a slang for excuse, no johns = no excuses
I know what johns means. lol :) I think anyone who hangs out on this site does (or should). I meant I was not sure why he changed his name to "johns" considering I did nothing to provoke it other than beat him and make him upset? (this thread)

Jibo23

Smash Rookie
Hehehe this happened once with a Pikachu main switching to Lucina and boy did he screw up. I was struggling for bit but after a while I got the reads down. Once he switched to Lucina, he lost a stock in a very embarrassing way by failing to recover with an Up B under the stage. Then oddly enough he started Shield Break spamming, it was kinda like he was whipping out the middle finger with her sword. I just laughed it off, until he self-destructed which followed by him leaving the match. Hehe, he got pretty salty alright. Also, maybe a stupid question but how do you change tags? Or does that only work when playing with friends?

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Also, maybe a stupid question but how do you change tags? Or does that only work when playing with friends?
It works in both For Glory and For Fun. Just click on "player 1" in the character select screen when playing online, and you will be able to pick a tag you already created or make a new one.

link2702

Smash Champion
honestly....this is why I feel nintendo needs to remove the option to let players change their name tag in random wifi mode. seriously I've ran into far to many crybabies lately who can't take losses. I'd rather not have to constantly see things like "***, tryhard, jerk, ass, usuck, *****" etc all the time when I two stock people. Just the other day I ran into 4 players in a row who all got super salty after just one or two matches and changed their name to some insult after the loss then left.

Because they do this before the next match starts, you can't report em for it either.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It really has nothing to do with playing the game just for fun. The problem is these players think they are so good that there is no possible way they can lose, so when they do lose they react by acting as if you did something to make things unfair or something. I am pretty sure everyone is playing smash to have fun, because why else would they play it? Even the sore losers are having fun,but they only have fun when they are beating you and disrespecting you. I would like to see what would happen if one of those players were to play in a tournament with people who are much better than they are, they would most likely lose so bad they would just quit.
This.
Have you ever been playing against somebody online and who just shows signs of :shaker: even though you did not do anything to try to piss them off, like T bag or spam your taunt until the game won't let you anymore? Share your stories!

Just now I got the idea of making this this thread from playing against some guy on For Glory who ended up getting really salty playing against me. I was using Doc and they were using Kirby, it looked like they were going to beat me,but they ended up losing because once they got me off stage they made the terrible mistake of trying to disrespect by using Kirby's down b causing them to SD. Once that match was over I switched to Captain Falcon and they switched to Little Mac, and that is when I was able to detect the salt.....I will be honest and say they were a very good Mac player since they actually did more than just YOLO smash attack all the time, I got destroyed by their Little Mac. During that match I could tell they were angry at me from the previous match since they were spamming taunt after they killed me. After that match I beat them with my Falcon twice and switched back to Doc and beat them (I forgot who they used during the matches I beat them except they used Sheik when I switched back to Doc). Finally they switched back to Little Mac, who I assume is their main since they played him much better than the others I saw them use and I switched back to Falcon. The same thing happened as before and I ended up getting destroyed,but this time I could tell they were very pissed since not only they would spam taunts after KOing me,but they also taunted sometimes after they knocked me away knowing I would clearly survive, and they even avoided using the KO punch on me when I was wide open to get hit by it for long enough for them to see I was wide open (though maybe that was a mistake), but the part that sealed the deal was what the fact that they spent almost all the time on the results screen most likely saving a replay and share it online to try to make me look bad and they just left right after. When I saw them do that I just started laughing and closed my 3DS to go make this thread (I don't have a Wii U :c).
Gonna clarify that down b off stage can be a legit option, its only direspect if the do it blantantly on stage when theyre ahead or something.

Anyway i have a ton of these, i beat someone with villager and megaman, and this guy looked older than me and looked like a tryhard that desperately cares about his win loss ratio and thinks theyre 2 gud, i love beating those types. He was clearly lag switching yet still gets owned, and goes "ubrokeas, uknowur apusright" and starts saying all this ****, i just laughed it off and thats why i enjoy embarrassing them if they have the balls to stay after getting beat multiple times then saying that. But they usually dont. Theres so many people on fg that drop, dc, lag switch, camp, counter pick or mirror to desperately get a single win, its laughable which is why i agree it should be called for salt, and for fun should be, for lag.

D

Deleted member 269706

I like to ditto a lot of players, and I win a decent percent of the time...That pisses a lot of them off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Auxiliary_Bro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chabbit
3DS FC
2595-2515-5562
I play on 3DS and I get this all the time, no matter who I play as. I mainly use Pit, and I get a lot of people switching to Dark Pit and playing in a way where you can just tell they're mad. It's like they want to prove something by trying to beat you with the character you've spent time practicing on. Other than that, I've gotten a LOT of people rage quitting on me lately. Today in particular I believe I two-stocked someone and they switched to Sheik, lost their first stock with me retaining about 70% then just SD'd.

I also played a bit of Olimar today. I'm no good with him but uh...yeah, apparently a lot of people found him frustrating. Got like 3 rage quits from a few quick matches. I guess I'm lucky I'm not playing on Wii U, because these stories about dumb messages sound like they'd irk me a little.

PCHU

Smash Lord
honestly....this is why I feel nintendo needs to remove the option to let players change their name tag in random wifi mode. seriously I've ran into far to many crybabies lately who can't take losses. I'd rather not have to constantly see things like "***, tryhard, jerk, ***, usuck, *****" etc all the time when I two stock people. Just the other day I ran into 4 players in a row who all got super salty after just one or two matches and changed their name to some insult after the loss then left.

Because they do this before the next match starts, you can't report em for it either.
But that removes freedom from people who actually want to show respect.
So long as the internet exists, people will have no problem insulting others they will never see; it sucks and it's sad, but it's something you have to accept if you want any sort of freedom.
It might be annoying, but if you beat them, you can't let insults get to you, unless you feel that they're justified in their hatred.

link2702

Smash Champion
But that removes freedom from people who actually want to show respect.
So long as the internet exists, people will have no problem insulting others they will never see; it sucks and it's sad, but it's something you have to accept if you want any sort of freedom.
It might be annoying, but if you beat them, you can't let insults get to you, unless you feel that they're justified in their hatred.
then they need to fix the report system so you can actually report players at something other then just the results screen.

IDK where you get that I might feel they're "justified" in their hatred, its just strictly annoying when you get several players in a row who are poor sports when they get beat. It gets tiresome after awhile when you run into so many of these players knowing that you can't exactly do anything so they can continue to act like that towards every player they meet.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
I had someone change there name to "DANKNESS" anybody know what this means?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I play on 3DS and I get this all the time, no matter who I play as. I mainly use Pit, and I get a lot of people switching to Dark Pit and playing in a way where you can just tell they're mad. It's like they want to prove something by trying to beat you with the character you've spent time practicing on. Other than that, I've gotten a LOT of people rage quitting on me lately. Today in particular I believe I two-stocked someone and they switched to Sheik, lost their first stock with me retaining about 70% then just SD'd.

I also played a bit of Olimar today. I'm no good with him but uh...yeah, apparently a lot of people found him frustrating. Got like 3 rage quits from a few quick matches. I guess I'm lucky I'm not playing on Wii U, because these stories about dumb messages sound like they'd irk me a little.
If you main Marth you will see this all the time with Lucina players. They always seem to want to try to prove that Lucina is better or something. I don't understand why they do it, and it is not like you see Mario players try to do that with Doc players or Falcon players do that with Ganon players.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If you main Marth you will see this all the time with Lucina players. They always seem to want to try to prove that Lucina is better or something. I don't understand why they do it, and it is not like you see Mario players try to do that with Doc players or Falcon players do that with Ganon players.
I alway do it . But mostly for the fun . I see a Fox , i play Falco , I see Ganon , I play Falcon , I see Marth , I play Lucina . Not for prove something . Juste for fun and "Clone-Ditto" . BUT NEVER. NEVER I WILL PICK DARK PIT !

Well today i fought a ZSS :4zss:, with my White-Mage Reflet :4robinm: . I taunt after a B-trown ,D-air Spike follow-up after i read his airdodge ( Because after something like that it's always time to tip the scale ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) And he change his nickname with "TAUNT RLY ?" and follow with a "YOUR A DOUCHE" then ragequit ... i can already smell the Salt ...:shaker::shaker:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I alway do it . But mostly for the fun . I see a Fox , i play Falco , I see Ganon , I play Falcon , I see Marth , I play Lucina . Not for prove something . Juste for fun and "Clone-Ditto" . BUT NEVER. NEVER I WILL PICK DARK PIT !

Well today i fought a ZSS :4zss:, with my White-Mage Reflet :4robinm: . I taunt after a B-trown ,D-air Spike follow-up after i read his airdodge ( Because after something like that it's always time to tip the scale ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) And he change his nickname with "TAUNT RLY ?" and follow with a "YOUR A DOUCHE" then ragequit ... i can already smell the Salt ...:shaker::shaker:
Well even if that may not have been intentional, the way you describe what happened makes it seem like you were trying to get them pissed. It does not really sound unintentional when you say you taunted them while they were still alive. Are you sure you were not trying to get them salty?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yes , i promise , i always taunt after i Spike , mostly because i'm happy it work , not for made them salty

Top Bottom