• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever unintentionally get a player salty on For Glory salty?

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
If you main Marth you will see this all the time with Lucina players. They always seem to want to try to prove that Lucina is better or something. I don't understand why they do it, and it is not like you see Mario players try to do that with Doc players or Falcon players do that with Ganon players.
I often had Dr. Mario counterpicks as a Mario. I just think that they want to challenge you to a ditto without playing the exact same character. In case of Lucina and Dr. Mario, some people might even want to express something like "I can even beat you with a worse version of your own character", since a lot of people say they are.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I often had Dr. Mario counterpicks as a Mario. I just think that they want to challenge you to a ditto without playing the exact same character. In case of Lucina and Dr. Mario, some people might even want to express something like "I can even beat you with a worse version of your own character", since a lot of people say they are.
Thing is, when you use Marth against a Lucina they won't be playing you to try to say that, they will be doing that because they just want to act like she is better than Marth. Even if you beat them previously they will still do it. It is not like matches between clone characters even prove which one is better anyways, that is up to MU data, frame data, and tournament results.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
One time I was playing a guy and we were doing mirror Marth matches. I was winning, of course.
I didn't taunt or do anything disrespectful. I was just playing. After a few rounds of whooping he changes his name to "F-SMASH-SPAM" or something close. Then our next match is of him standing in place doing nothing but Marth's F Smash.

Spamming a forward smash? Marth's FSMASH isn't even a good move to spam. I only did it a lot because I had a lot of windows of opportunities, plus tippers. Something he couldn't pull off.

Maybe he will learn how to actually use Marth.

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
One time I was playing a guy and we were doing mirror Marth matches. I was winning, of course.
I didn't taunt or do anything disrespectful. I was just playing. After a few rounds of whooping he changes his name to "F-SMASH-SPAM" or something close. Then our next match is of him standing in place doing nothing but Marth's F Smash.

Spamming a forward smash? Marth's FSMASH isn't even a good move to spam. I only did it a lot because I had a lot of windows of opportunities, plus tippers. Something he couldn't pull off.

Maybe he will learn how to actually use Marth.
Plus his slightly decreased range.. yeah... I go with Lucina.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think I may have pissed someone's pants off last weekend. I did beat him in our first round as Mega Man (I don't remember who he was playing as though) and then the second round, he switched to Mega Man and I ended up switching to Rosalina, in which the result remained the same. He bailed out after that.

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
I think I may have pissed someone's pants off last weekend. I did beat him in our first round as Mega Man (I don't remember who he was playing as though) and then the second round, he switched to Mega Man and I ended up switching to Rosalina, in which the result remained the same. He bailed out after that.
Hah.. so super-spammy RosaLuma did not saved his skin.. NICE. :awesome: Love these moments.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I beat a guy with Little Mac. I don't normally taunt with Little Mac, mostly cause I find his taunts boring (also you can't promise Doc Louis will talk with the down taunt). So I didn't do that. I don't t bag.

But I beat him. Solidly. Two life'd. Did it again to give him a rematch. I still two life'd him, but was at a percentage where he could at least kill me with a well placed shot if he hit.

Then he changed his name to 'USUCK' and then a homosexual epithet. And then to 'Mad?'. All while refusing to pick his character and start the next match (after I switched to Mario because he lost the rematch, but he never saw that). Then quit at the last second before the game would auto-start.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
I only remember one name change insult directed towards me and it was fairly tame. I rumbled someone's Little Mac three times in a row with D3, after which the guy promptly changed his name to USUCK and then left.

Do we consider intentional SD salt? I mean I understand if the game's laggy but otherwise it just strikes me a ragequit. Like uh, I ran into a Yoshi in FG on that stage that Ridley would appear on in normal play. I 0-death'd him without much effort in about 15 seconds, just pretty much went ham on him. His reaction on respawn was to flutter jump off stage and down-b. He was gone before I even managed to re-load the CSS.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sorry my bad. I thought that HE switched to ROsalina. Sorry
It's alright. I just love playing as both Rosalina and Mega Man a lot. It's funny that he switched to Mega Man cuz he actually thought that he would his lottery win just cuz I beat him with him and the thing is I still need to improve my Mega Man skills. lol

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Plus his slightly decreased range.. yeah... I go with Lucina.
f smash, f tilt, and maybe d tilt are really the only ones that have decreased range, and Lucina has less range than Marth. I thought everyone knew that...it is not too small of a difference to just not notice it.

PenguinPhucker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ikambeing
I make people quit out all the time playing as Duck Hunt.

Like the game will be going fine and all of a sudden, intentional SD. No lag. Not sure what I'm doing but I must be doing it right.

Tonight I was playing FG as Wario, a character I never use except for fun. I was testing out playing very nooby and spammed the bike and other bad moves all over the place just to see if it would work on anyone.

One of the people I actually beat once, played me again and beat me. He proceeded to make the tag "TERRIBLE..." and held it until the clock ran out on character select, then quit.
Duck Hunts and Sonics annoy me to no end. Duck Hunt is mainly because I main Gannon

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
Duck Hunts and Sonics annoy me to no end. Duck Hunt is mainly because I main Gannon
Eh it kinda bugs me how People call GanonDORF Gannon (with that extra N).
I konw your pain.
Add MegaMan's and Rosalinas (curse you luma!)

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
It's alright. I just love playing as both Rosalina and Mega Man a lot. It's funny that he switched to Mega Man cuz he actually thought that he would his lottery win just cuz I beat him with him and the thing is I still need to improve my Mega Man skills. lol
I notice there is a picture of Rosalina in the background of your post. How do you do that? Is that a thing only premium members can have?

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
I had a long set with guy I was beating non stop. They were good fun matches. Some were close, some I 2 stocked him. I even told him goodgames on more than one occasion. After beating him about 10 times in a row he changes his name to USUCK! I was like really? It's just a game man and they were fun matches. I've also had a mirror matches where the opponent changes to the character I'm using after I've been beaten them a few times. And you can tell they have no idea on how to use said character. For Glory seems to have a lot of salty people sadly.
I remember that 'USUCK!' guy! I beat him at every match, sometimes by accident when he misjudged some jumps and fell to his death. He was an odd fellow, but they were pretty good matches.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Just a few minutes ago, I got an Ike player really salty. I was playing as Diddy, and I hoo-ha'd him several times and did some other combos until eventually he had about 80 damage. He SD'd both of his stocks in rage. It was hilarious, I should've saved the replay!

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
I do not get it. When I loose i just.. "deal with it. I lost."... No salt. Never. Nu-Uh.

SenaFreedom

Smash Rookie
I'm(College Student) a Pit main and I recently pissed off my brother(MiddleSchoolStudent). My brother and I usually spar occasionally and we usually go pretty even. But I usually don't play Pit against my brother because Pit is my main. When I play Pit, my win rate increases 9 to 1. The two of us have been playing together since Melee, so my brother though young- is quite experienced.

So I started playing my Pit and I won a lot of matches while losing a few. My brother starts to breathe angrily, and I can sense his saltiness. I turned the game off because we had been smashing for 3 hours and my brother was getting way too salty. My brother yelled at me on how OP Pit is, and I tell him straight, "Pit is not OP. You're just too salty and can't deal with it. Face it, you can't beat my Pit the way you are. You need to calm down and try again later."
My brother replied, "You Face it-" I cut him off, "Face what!? I just whoop your ass fair and square, now calm yourself."
My brother shouted, "****in Pit's recovery is op, and his Side-B has that stupid Super armor. I can't do anything against him!"

I kept telling my brother how Pit isn't op and that he can't beat my Pit if he keeps playing the way he is. He needs to calm down and rethink his strategy. In the end, my brother leaves angrily with salt just showering on his head. t felt terrible destroying my brother with my Pit.

If I was in his situations, of course I'd be mad I mean- losing sucks. It's understandable to be frustrated, but getting salty can literally "self-destruct" us. So I stay calm so that even though I may not win; I can hope to learn from it.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I fought a ZSS with my LIttle Mac today. After I won the fight, the player switched his name to
"ew=lil mac," but here's the kicker, the player was doing really well and almost won the fight. I just wish people wouldn't get so discouraged, you know?

The other weekend some guy got mad at me and switched his name to "lil' ****" and tried to beat me with my own character, and he failed miserably. So when that didn't work, he switched to Duck Hunt Dog, and tried to capitalize on lag, and again, he failed, and only to rage and SD'ed . I think for the most part I've seen it all, USUCK, 2easy, still2easy, Noob, scrub, spam, umad, in-game teabag, and etc. Hell, I've fought people that once they got one kill off me, they would SD'ed, then proceed by changing their tag "scrub" then quit.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I had a person today suicide their first stock with Little Mac, then attempt to beat my jigglypuff with just 1 stock. it didn't go so well for them. Then they changed their name "I still won"

Game 2 they didn't suicide their first stock and I 2-stocked them. they quit before even leaving the results screen.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I will get very salty if I am having fun playing games with someone and then they suddenly trash tag me or if they send me a friend request after something really dumb.

I changed my greeting to "Don't be a punk", because frankly I'm not interested in that type of crap. I play For Glory 1v1 because I feel that's where I can get my best online matches, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm trying my hardest to win games. I often play characters I don't know how to play, and the one that I really know how to play is awful. I will try to Falcon/Ganon SD before my opponent loses his second stock if I feel the player is fun, or I'll Aether off stage on their last stock. I've still maintained a 73% win rate over 600 games, which may not be impressive but it's pretty good for me given how often I mess around.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is I dislike jerks, just like anyone else. I may have assumed someone was being a jerk when they weren't, so I am the "other guy" sometimes in these stories. I don't ever trash talk, but if you trash talk me and I win the next game, you get a "LOL! =D" tag from me right before I leave.

Last edited:

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
When I get a KO, I crouch once; it's supposed to be a bow. Sometimes, when they come back, they play super-aggressive, or start crouching over and over, so I think they think I'm T-bagging or something....

GMan1255

Smash Cadet
I'm a G&W main, and I only play 3DS due to no GC adapter. I find it that a lot of times people will leave after one game if I win or if I get really close to winning. I remember once or twice making people really angry, and neither time was intentional. I played a villager that would do nothing but spam down b and side b. I won and it seemed pretty easily because I finally learned how to not play stupid with G&W online. Next match he went CFalcon and went real tryhard. He did a bunch of dash attacks and Falcon Kicks to get me in the air to try and up air after. That match was on omega Lumiose City so I got him off stage and edge guarded with Up B, spiking him off the bottom of the stage. Next stock he comes at me really hard. I grab him and get him to 25ish% and he Falcon kicks again like he has been, so I decided to Judge instead of F-tilt. As you can probably guess, it was a 9, and he immediately got KO'd. I did taunt because it is a basic requirement when you land a 9, I never taunt otherwise. Next match he was villager again, but now he would plant the tree, then run at me and try to hit me with the axe instead of the tree. He also was spamming dash attack and Fair now. He never even tried to read me, or it never seemed like it anyway. I easily 2 stocked him with the last kill being a roll read that I punished with Up smash. He left after that. I would also say I'm not a good player by any stretch of the imagination. I'm slowly learning what's stupid to do, and what is safe/smart to do.

But these stories about the Wii U's online seems like something I really don't want to deal with. I get annoyed by things like that. Also, what is the lag-switching I saw a couple of times on this thread? It sounds interesting and someone mentioned Duck Hunt Dog which I seem to have some issue with when it seems like my attack came out, but it doesn't cancel out, I just get hit. Is that what it is?

Last edited:

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
When I get a KO, I crouch once; it's supposed to be a bow. Sometimes, when they come back, they play super-aggressive, or start crouching over and over, so I think they think I'm T-bagging or something....
That's actually a very cool idea. I like it. Samurai-esque honor.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
2 days ago I met this craftily playing Zamus who I managed to beat with some reads and defensive maneuvers as Villager. The next thing what happened during her final Star KO was the game halting up for a moment until going back to the selection screen to see the player was gone. And this is what happens on 3DS-version mostly.

Wii U-version is weird in that sometimes if I have too much momentum in the match, fellas might quit in the middle for no reason. And if I'm not very good and lose, "GG" is displayed until I beat them back. Falcons are hella salty to me, BTW.

I admit that I get easily competitive and might be hard on myself but I rarely, if rarely ragequit (it's only if I really realize my current skill doesn't cut being crystal-clear to the player). Sometimes it also helps beat the wall until you learn to break it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4wiifit: might as well be renamed the Salt Queen because it seems like even the most level headed players will become unglued after losing to her. When I play as her, I think people think I'm joking or trying to mock them but she really is one of my mains... She's sort of evolved into this game's Pichu even though she's no where as bad as he was but most people act like you've just actively slapped their grandmother if you pick her.

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
I played against someone using Marth while I was using Shulk. It was a lot of fun, and a real close match. But what ended up happening was that he went of stage to dair me he, he did a fast fall and ended up killing himself, and when he up B'd and couldn't reach the ledge... I taunted. I couldn't resist. I usually only taunt when my opponent is running toward me and rolling back, trying to fake me out.

So we went into the next match, this time Shulk vs Link. And you guessed it, he did the arrow, boomerang, roll, roll, roll tactic. Ran from everything, and spammed projectiles. He KO'd me first and then taunted, so I did the same thing when I KO'd him right after spawning. The match was close, again, and he caught me with an up smash, while I was being star KO'd he taunted twice. Back in the lobby, he changed his tag to "Nice Taunt" and then to "Get Rekt". Then left the lobby.

Figuring that taunting at the end of match bothers people sooooooo much, I haven't done it ever since. Now I just spam uptilts until they come back, or until they actually do something.

Last edited:

Karinole

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Karinole
Due to the nature of my character I tend to make people pretty salty and rage at me due to how frustrating Rosalina is to play against. I have a "SALT" tag ready for such situations and I've learned to not let them get to me and laugh at them most of the time.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just now, I fought against a Captain Falcon, whom I've been giving him a beating as good ol Rosalina. He then send me offstage and the next thing I know, he Falcon Kick-ed his way into the abyss. After that, he just SD'ed his way back to his momma. It ain't my fault in case you were wondering, homie.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
All. -the. -time. I like to taunt after good kills, even if it puts me in danger. I also do some pretty obnoxious strategies from time to time. But never do I try to infuriate the other player. Ever.

I think a lot of people just think I'm trying to disrespect with some of the things I do, or that my mains - Roy Koopa and Robin - are spammy because of Mechakoopas and Thunder/Arcfire respectively, which... No... Just no.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Just now, I fought against a Captain Falcon, whom I've been giving him a beating as good ol Rosalina. He then send me offstage and the next thing I know, he Falcon Kick-ed his way into the abyss. After that, he just SD'ed his way back to his momma. It ain't my fault in case you were wondering, homie.
Well that was not really you that made him salty it was his horrible mistake that did.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
See I've had a lot of people get upset with me on the ds version. They will either turn to Spamus, Villager, Little mac. That's always there go to characters and see I thought maybe going to the ladder would be better since for some reason I thought players were more friendly there. They're not. I went to fight a pikachu and they did nothing more than just up B the entire time. I guess that's more salt to me considering I didn't beat them. I guess I'm saying why do players just find one motive of killing and only do that?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the 3DS version there have been one of those times when I would beat someone in a match as Rosalina and Mega Man even though I barely did anything. Like most recently, I fought against a Bowser as Rosalina and what happened was he used the Bowser Bomb mid air off stage straight down to the depths of hell, wasting his last stock. He would then switch to Sonic and I switched to Mega Man. He kept spamming spin dash over and over, believing that it would be an easy win for him. On his last stock, he was offstage and he spin dashed his way to the losers circle. There's no way of knowing if any salt was spilled on the table but I must say I pretty much owned his ass.

See I've had a lot of people get upset with me on the ds version. They will either turn to Spamus, Villager, Little mac. That's always there go to characters and see I thought maybe going to the ladder would be better since for some reason I thought players were more friendly there. They're not. I went to fight a pikachu and they did nothing more than just up B the entire time. I guess that's more salt to me considering I didn't beat them. I guess I'm saying why do players just find one motive of killing and only do that?
Nice signature, by the way. Tharja and Cordelia are my two favorite female characters in Awakening. :colorful:

Last edited:

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
I'm(College Student) a Pit main and I recently pissed off my brother(MiddleSchoolStudent). My brother and I usually spar occasionally and we usually go pretty even. But I usually don't play Pit against my brother because Pit is my main. When I play Pit, my win rate increases 9 to 1. The two of us have been playing together since Melee, so my brother though young- is quite experienced.

So I started playing my Pit and I won a lot of matches while losing a few. My brother starts to breathe angrily, and I can sense his saltiness. I turned the game off because we had been smashing for 3 hours and my brother was getting way too salty. My brother yelled at me on how OP Pit is, and I tell him straight, "Pit is not OP. You're just too salty and can't deal with it. Face it, you can't beat my Pit the way you are. You need to calm down and try again later."
My brother replied, "You Face it-" I cut him off, "Face what!? I just whoop your *** fair and square, now calm yourself."
My brother shouted, "****in Pit's recovery is op, and his Side-B has that stupid Super armor. I can't do anything against him!"

I kept telling my brother how Pit isn't op and that he can't beat my Pit if he keeps playing the way he is. He needs to calm down and rethink his strategy. In the end, my brother leaves angrily with salt just showering on his head. t felt terrible destroying my brother with my Pit.

If I was in his situations, of course I'd be mad I mean- losing sucks. It's understandable to be frustrated, but getting salty can literally "self-destruct" us. So I stay calm so that even though I may not win; I can hope to learn from it.
I literally feel what you felt. My girlfriend and my sister hate fighting me when I'm Ness or ROB.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
On the 3DS version there have been one of those times when I would beat someone in a match as Rosalina and Mega Man even though I barely did anything. Like most recently, I fought against a Bowser as Rosalina and what happened was he used the Bowser Bomb mid air off stage straight down to the depths of hell, wasting his last stock. He would then switch to Sonic and I switched to Mega Man. He kept spamming spin dash over and over, believing that it would be an easy win for him. On his last stock, he was offstage and he spin dashed his way to the losers circle. There's no way of knowing if any salt was spilled on the table but I must say I pretty much owned his ***.

Nice signature, by the way. Tharja and Cordelia are my two favorite female characters in Awakening. :colorful:
They're glorious.

Edit: I DID NOT MEAN TO DOUBLE POST!

Last edited:
Top Bottom