• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

Xanderous

Smash Lord
It's been posted, but in a cluttered thread. It deserved its own.

Sorry guys. Also, it isn't a delay. You never had a release to begin with.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
*SCREAMS LOUDLY AND GETS PUNCHED BY A LITTLE SISTER*

I can't believe this!!! Sucks so baad!! ARG!!!

Snafu

Smash Cadet
This is nothing new. We've been getting delays like this for years (it was one of my pet hates way back in the N64 era), it just seems worse because Nintendo have, by and large, gotten their act together in recent years.

That said, I am now awaiting word of an Australian release date, so that I can import a PAL copy.

Now let's see how many posts this thread gets which consist of "SUxX 2 b U!!!!1111!!!!!!! iM g3Tt1N BAwrl in Febuary!!!!!1!!1 LOLOLOLOLOL!!1!!!!!"

Sweet Jesus, people who post in L33t should be shot. Repeatedly. In the eyes. With vinegar coated bullets.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like its time for us Americans to send yall some American Wiis. I couldn't just stand by while a fellow smasher waits months for brawl!

Why not just mod/import, then buy a copy when it comes out over there?

Let us know if we can do anything.

uh, 1337s4uc3.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Hoorray for Europeans. And Hoorray for having the game fully leaked by the time it comes out, cause I can resist 1 month but not 5. Cheers ! Good job Nintendo.

And f u c k i n g hooray for this notice that made my day, my week, and probably my months up to the release date. Yay, just yay.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Sweet Jesus, people who post in L33t should be shot. Repeatedly. In the eyes. With vinegar coated bullets.
If you're gonna shoot them in the eyes then I'm not sure the vinegar is gonna matter much.

If you all live in europe I recommend just importing and modding your wii. I couldn't stand to wait that long.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I'm angry

Really angry. Very angry....
___

I think I'm going to import the game, but for that I must bild a chip in my Wii.
No matter it's illegal, but I'm angry and I can't wait for Brawl.

Argh....

The game is spoiled for me, who can resist 5 monts? ....

:(

Maggirus

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been expecting a huge release date gap for Europe ever since the first ever release date was announced really... Europe always takes a long while for several reasons, including all the languages it needs to be translated to, and maybe some other iffy complications.

I'm sure this long wait will be a lot easier for me after the game gets released in Japan since the only real concern I have at the moment is really just what's actually going to be in this game! After that I'll probably only have a nice, normal anticipation for the game! :p

:034:

Smash Hero
*HEAD. ****ING. DESK.*

****. ****. Stupid ****ing cuss ****ing censor *** **** **** hell

The only hope I have is that Nintendo was just lying, since they have no idea. Sora LTD. is making the game after all... I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Am I surprised? No. We Europeans always get crapped on.

For me this probably means I won't get it until August / September what with holidays. My hype for this game just got shot in the balls.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Well it's a shame. Nintendo has given us huge delays for big wii titles before (think Metroid Prime 3 and Super Paper Mario) but I was hoping this would be more like SMG and come out after a small delay. Two or Three weks at the most.

Oh well I can't say it's that much of a surprise. Those of us without mod chips or american wiis will just have to endure the wait.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Not even Q2 2008? Nintendo, this is really, REALLY bad.

Well.. I guess we can still HOPE it will still get released at least IN June. Not 1 Dojo update can set this right for me. I seriously HATE those lazy countries who can't even learn some proper english. It was bad enough for Super Paper Mario, but this title is too big to just delay THIS long. Japanese and Americans will all already be pro players before we can even get it. Way to satisfy your fan, Nintendo!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Not even Q2 2008? Nintendo, this is really, REALLY bad.

Well.. I guess we can still HOPE it will still get released at least IN June. Not 1 Dojo update can set this right for me. I seriously HATE those lazy countries who can't even learn some proper english. It was bad enough for Super Paper Mario, but this title is too big to just delay THIS long. Japanese and Americans will all already be pro players before we can even get it. Way to satisfy your fan, Nintendo!
They'll be ready for the sequel to Brawl by the time we get the game.

Seriously this sucks balls.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
They'll be ready for the sequel to Brawl by the time we get the game.

Seriously this sucks balls.
Yeah, this is worse than a kick in the nuts straight towards European Nintendo and/or Smash Bros fans. I hope Nintendo will give us some GOOD extra stuff for this delay to make this up.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Oh whining is sure gonna solve the problem >_> Relax, fellow Europeans, I'm p***ed off too, but I can honestly say that June isn't THAT long, just refrain from counting the days, maybe take a vacation off this board when Brawl is released in America and actually LIVE YOUR LIVES! It's nothing more frustrating to watch your life go by while you're waiting for a mere game. There, I said it!

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
**** THIS ****! I'm so pissed right now! This just sucks, i know everything about brawl before i get the ****ing game!

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Oh whining is sure gonna solve the problem >_> Relax, fellow Europeans, I'm p***ed off too, but I can honestly say that June isn't THAT long, just refrain from counting the days, maybe take a vacation off this board when Brawl is released in America and actually LIVE YOUR LIVES! It's nothing more frustrating to watch your life go by while you're waiting for a mere game. There, I said it!
I consider 5 months a long time, especially since I thought I might get Brawl for my birthday once upon a time.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I SERIOUSLY need the Mega Man update now!

Edit: This is just a big pile of BS. The last delay had a reason. Because Sakurai and his team tried to improve the game. But this is FN HILARIOUS!!! I DON'T CARE, if this game will be English only!

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Importing my Wii from the US was definitely the smartest move ever. I advise my European fellows to do the same and feel for those who can't. :/

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It's horrible, I thought will be released late, but so late?

And someone sayin, we can play MarioKartWii instead...
the game also has been delayed.

HORRIBLE....
Really

Need a good update tomorrow :(

Maggirus

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I only believe it when Sakurai himself says it.
Second, if one site says it everyone says it. I take it as a rumor v.v

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Well... that's 1 month less than we had to wait for Super Paper Mario after the North American release... unless of course we get it in July or something.

To be honest, I knew this would be coming but I was dreading it all the same. Why, Nintendo, why?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
To be honest, I knew this would be coming but I was dreading it all the same. Why, Nintendo, why?
Because Europe gets crapped on.

Yeah, this is worse than a kick in the nuts straight towards European Nintendo and/or Smash Bros fans. I hope Nintendo will give us some GOOD extra stuff for this delay to make this up.
Sakurai:

Because of the European delay we have decided to give you some extra game elements!

That's right! You get a hidden remix of the opening menu song! I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait!

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
I'm sooo gutted! I convinced myself I cud last 2 months or a little more but June?! I don't think theres any point checking the Dojo site anymore since it will just make it harder, tho I'll probaly be on the site everyday 4 the updates. Zelda BETTER have an amazing smash attack now & not wot I'm dreading they mite do 2 her! (>She transforms into sheik 4 her smash attack!)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
It's been posted, but in a cluttered thread. It deserved its own.

Sorry guys. Also, it isn't a delay. You never had a release to begin with.
Lol this is very true:laugh:
i should buy another wii and buy brawl and sell it for alot of money to people who live in the uk.

T.U.C.

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this can't be..... this is f*cking impossible.. i... i... i just cant believe it... i... i... i just dont want to know... it.... its jusst too worse.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:034:

Smash Hero
"We changed the game so now you can't play online with NTSC users! Sorry, but at least you'll have something different, right?"

Yep.

"Also it takes us more than four months to translate English to German, French, Spanish and Italian. Because those idiots can't just learn English like a normal person.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tell you this, if for some reason Japan pushed America's date back another couple of months after Japans date, there would be no question that I would get an imported copy and the needed chip or system to play it. I'm not sure how much this chip cost, but if you needed a new system you could probably make some of your money back by selling your old wii on ebay or something. Its seems to me, regardless of the amount of extra money you could spend, having the anticipation and excitement of playing a game like this ruined is something that doesn't have a price on it.

I seriously feel for you guys, but theres still some time before February, and even just a little additional source of income could probably help you get the needed funds for something like this. What this comes down to is money (and inconvenience), but if you have the money than you don’t have a problem with this ridiculous push back. You could even pull your money together from a group of friends and buy one for all of you, that’s more cost effective and you guys could work out who gets what after other copies become available for all of you to purchase. It’s tough to give any concrete advice considering how everyone’s situation is different, but if you want it badly enough I’m sure you could find a solution. This is inconvenient, but not an impediment you can’t break through. Seriously though, I feel for you guys, Europe does get screwed when it comes to video game release dates.

Top Bottom