• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't give him leverage when he does this. Especially after he pulled the bs as scum where he did the same crap here and then replaced out, then gloating post game he did it as a tactic.

I might give leeway to most players, but not one I know from meta do it to gain sympathy and do it manipulatively.

Unless I feel super strongly about something, Nabe siding around and doing jack all of day 2 and giving me squat when I asked him to address me on his overall reads.

I hate this tactic, because if he was wrong about Laundry then it was a waste of time and if he was right then Laundry has easy answers to why he wanted him lynch and no one would really read much into ATE ramblings.

If you are mad and angry at the game and want people to listen to you, I get it. But when I see Soup do it, it looks like he does it manipulately to be listened to. I find it to be much worse, especially if he is scum and replaces out as a "tactic"

Tl;Dr it's anti town and I hate it.
Tl;dr "I policy lynched Soup"

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I never consider an inactive to be a bad lynch unless it is lylo.

I never ever ever do.
You say a lot of words in this post to try to question Nabe but I find it quite ironic that despite saying this you're currently considering the game's least active player as the best lynch for LyLo.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like is Ruy just straight up failing to consider that tomorrow is LyLo if we ML here? Maybe I'm jumping the gun in assuming town's not lynching mafia but for the guy who said Z setting up lynches was the scummiest post of D2, he's certainly doing a bit of lynch ordering here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 why did you like this post

Did you not read the thread? Especially my response to Ryker when he asked me my thoughts on him? I said he scum plain and simple. I liked that post be honestly nabe isn’t a bad option for lynching tomorrow and there is absolutely no reason to defend him when he’s had plenty of chances to contribute and has posted nothing but fluff when here while also seeming the least town.

It’s pretty clear he’s faking inactivty.
Oh and your quote of my post.

You really think that means much? You targeted soup like a mad men and tried to get Ryker to help you when soup retaliated which rolled to both of them erupting.

I’m sorry but that’s not a town play at all simple as that

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Have Laundry or Ryker actively tried to be reading each other, or are they coasting on each other being town? If they trust each other, I get that but at this juncture I'm finding it harder to put trust in that area given how awfully incorrect they have been. Extremely consistently while leading semi town. Neither one seems to really be with the idea of thinking, is he scum or town and how confident do I feel about it. They seem confident the other is town.
Ryker's EoD1 was exactly what I'd expect out of Town Ryker when he isn't hard sold on a single lynch. His D2 back and forth with Kantrip was also extremely helpful and instead of using it as a way of bodying Kantrip he instead rethought his read and interacted with him to improve it. His D3 play was probably his worst play as iirc the bulk of his posts were pushing Soup and his reasons for pushing Soup seemed to go beyond just because he found the behavior scummy but I see him doing that as either alignment. Combine all of that with the construction of the D2 lynch pool and the fact that he's in here again on the D4 one and I'm extremely confident he's town. I've seen nothing to make me question that read.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Kind of a hot take -- I don't think we should lynch the scummiest today. Similar to Ryker, I was looking at a pair that I don't think is scum together, Ryu and Joey, but I do think one of them is.

We've mislynched, four times in a row so far, each time hanging the person we thought was scummiest. Fact of the matter is, we can objectively say that our judgement is off. I don't feel comfortable going with that same strategy for the next two phases when that's all we have left. I think the most effective strategy is to collectively select a pair that we thinks holds scum, and to lynch one today and the other tomorrow if the former flips town.
Rather than poke fun at this, let's take it head on:

Which is the scum? Why? What reason do you have to think this?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
In that pool I would lynch Joey first. He has contributed but he doesn’t really change up thoughts. He automatically has been going for the scummiest people and almost feels like an echo to the others in that bus for the day. He gives reasons sure but I’ve honestly never gained to much from. He’s been asking questions about me but has never seemed to want revalate that I could be town.

Does he not realize that he just called himself the scummiest person since Joey has hard pushed him since D1 lmao

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't like that Funko's concern is Ruy setting up Soup to quicklynch himself. Maybe he's trying to use this as an angle to try to push Ruy but it's a poor way to frame it because there's nothing inherently scummy about voting a guy to L-1 with a few hours before deadline. If Soup quicklynched himself, that's not Ruy's fault, that's Soup's for throwing the game for his alignment. You should be concerned if someone else had quicklynched but nobody even had the balls to hammer. This push is questionable at best.

Not a push, legit a question. We were both in the same position and acted differently. I wanted to know why he chose the path he did.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
As for why I've been more present this phase -- To make up for not being here the day before. I'm not unlikely to make a spontaneous decision irl. For example, last Wednesday, I was invited out to a friend's friend's art gallery opening at a happy hour and as ended up not posting as much as I wanted to that phase. This past Saturday, a different friend and I reconnected after missing each other for a couple months. What was supposed to be a couple hours turned into a full day thing. Again, my activity here suffered. Since Sunday, I've been carving out time where I didn't necessarily have it before, as well as using the time I actually did have to play this game. Admittedly, I likely won't be able to sustain this same level should the game continue but I will be able to be more active than I was previously.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It doesn't actually matter. I was just trying to point out there was more than enough garbage WIFOM about whether or not he'd post as scum there and your post was rather meaningless unless you have concrete reason to believe scum were attempting to coast from pre-game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Rather than poke fun at this, let's take it head on:

Which is the scum? Why? What reason do you have to think this?

Joey>Ryu.

I've mentioned yesterday too, I believe, that I felt that one of these two slots were scum. EoD I found very interesting due in large part to both of their interactions with me and their interactions with each other. Soup was clearly the favorite to lynch by this point but his wagon was not incapable of being overthrown.

When my vote was on Soup, Ryu convinced me to instead vote for Nabe with him. I admit he didn't have to try very hard because I also disliked this slot, but it would be a very unnecessary move for scum-Ryu. I recognize that I'm getting into wine territory so I'll try to minimize it, Ryu had no reason to even attempt to dissuade me from a Soup wagon if he was ultimately going to end up there himself. What did Ryu get out of his brief Nabe push? He's still largely suspected here so he didn't really gain town points. Nabe didn't hang, so he didn't get to see the death he allegedly wanted. He supported the Soup wagon so he can't claim to have not suspected Soup. On top of that, his reasoning for the Soup vote was almost entirely meta -- the most frowned about justification. The fact of the matter is, Ryu only stood to lose from each of his EoD actions and yet he committed to them anyway.

One interesting thing of note is here is that Ryu had Z25 as his scummiest read. During EoD, Z25 had two votes and Soup three (with my unvote). Joey, who's been a strong advocate of Z25's death from the beginning, noticeably neglected to take advantage of this opportunity to persuade Ryu to rejoin the Z25 wagon. Joey did mention that he was fine with a Soup lynch but that he really wanted to see Z25 hang. Why not push harder for it in the end? I understand not trying to convince me, who's been stubbornly supporting town Z25, or Kantrip, who's come around to seeing Z25 as town also, but Ryu should have been an easy extra vote.

Looking closer at Joey's EoD, it looks like he was unconcerned with ultimately who hanged, as long as it wasn't Nabe. I grant him that his defense of Nabe was solid, but his reasoning didn't revolve around considering Nabe town, but rather it revolved around choosing an option that would grant significant information which could change the direction of the game. I conceded, and when Soup flipped town, Joey maintained the direction he previously had. This tells me two things:

1) Joey had no reason to not try to get a Z lynch over soup since he believed that a Z flip would be more fruitful.
2) Joey felt more comfortable getting a Z lynch in subsequent phase than he did getting a Soup one on a town flip of the first lynch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jumping onto wagons lead by people you scumread's a fair bit scummier than trying to lynch the slots you find scummy but hey, you do you dawg.

Except I gave perfect clarification on my reasoning. Your just not a fan of them and grasping for straws trying to pull anyone you can under with them.

Pretty sad display.

When you have nearly majority vote and the whole town is pushing that person( soup and pokechu being who I’m referring too here) there is no point to casting any other votes. With he deadline approaching town wasn’t changing.

I flat out said for day 1 shishoe was definitely town.

I knew scum was pushing pokechu day 2 because he would be too ****ing obvious in that pool. And I literally couldn’t do anything in that situation.

Town was against me for not voting pokechu and were still against me for voting him. So I said **** it, I’m not here to please people. I’m here to play the same way as always and try to find scum. And while I was off to a rough start I think I’ve got a good read list going now.

As for soup, yeah I voted him. I said he offered more info than a nabe flip. And I was right. I didn’t like nabes play this game but I figured we were already in trouble so if I had to choose which I did since it was between nabe and soup and no one else really; I went with what I thought was better. There’s nothing wrong there.

I’ve been pretty clear and honest about how my votes worked.

By hey you do you, try to get out that hole tomorrow I wish you luck.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why did you not hammer?

I had no need to. It was extremely unlikely that Soup wouldn't hang. If we got vote switch shenanigans in the last few minutes of the day, I guarantee you it would have been much more beneficial to the town with two remaining phases left.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Talk to me about the current state of the thread. Talk to me about Nabe's analysis of the wagon on him. Talk to me about your read on Ruy pre-reread. Talk to me about Disfunk showing up to play ball now after being a wallflower for two phases.
Now that I'm caught back up, Nabe's wagon analysis is ****ing gold. The fact that he's trying to push the thread towards Funko and Ruy at this junction of the game when Z is an easy lynch and all he has to do is sell the town on lynching me tomorrow instead of himself makes me think it's much more likely he's town than mafia. I also like everything he had to say about Funko's treatment of the wagon.

Ruy's push on me is probably the only push he's made that didn't involve policy. He's had Z as his target for today but I barely remember him talking about Z, he's been far more invested in two people not in the pool today. His push on me is based entirely on gutreads and his distaste for how I handled Soup and his push on Nabe is purely mechanical. I think he's mafia.

Honestly Funko showing up now is not what's got me interested in him, it's his treatment of Nabe's wagon. I think that's much more compelling and a better avenue to push the slot anyway. I wanna dig at that again.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
As a quick aside, I can't help but think of Common's line in Kanye's "Never Let Me Down". He says, "Yall think I'm delirious but I'm so damn serious".

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That leaves Joey and Disfunk to sort unless I convince myself that there's a scum team with Nabe/Ruy paired alongside Laundry and Z25, which I doubt. Basically, it boils down to me being wrong on at least one of Joey/Disfunk/Laundry. That's what I have to parse.
Hang Joey today and me tomorrow. Solve for this pairing. If Joey flips town, you can hang me. I'll self-vote to speed up the quick lynch

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This Day was always going to be (and has been) a bit of a ****show because the meat is in the nomination phases. At best it's yielded tone reads for me. I don't know why you would have leaned scum on Koops from what few posts he had at this time, when his distance from the game was much more likely to be patiently awaiting meat or limited potential for activity rather than intentionally inactive scum.
I know this is super early in the game but I never got around to asking: was a large part of your willingness to vote Fire and Soup at EoD because of their pushes on 3K?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Read the message you quote in #1488. Ryker suggests that either me or Joey may be scum in the post I quoted.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Read the message you quote in #1488. Ryker suggests that either me or Joey may be scum in the post I quoted.
It doesn't necessarily make it a pairing though and, like Ryker said, there's little foundation to call it SvT. The fact that you've jumped that far ahead is pretty strange.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Except I don't think that's SvT necessarily? Why the sudden suicide pact?
It isn't sudden. I first explicitly mention it in #1446 and I imply it in #1425. I give my reasoning and #1425 too. I admit that I did misunderstand your post if you weren't suggesting that at least one of Joey and I were scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry So you're looking at Ruy into what on townflip and what on scumflip. What's the team in both worlds?
Nabe and I are both getting hella set up to get wagoned, so if Ruy's somehow town I go scouring through my townreads and figure out which one of them is the rat. If he's scum I probably look at Funko. ****all if I know what to do with Z.

Top Bottom