• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Remix -- New Puzzle Up

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nick, that only happened because enough time had elapsed to warrant a hint. Unless you mean that hints should be randomly placed in the puzzle, in which case I'd recommend against that. That feels more like a point-and-click escape game, and while I won't speak to balance, I will say I wouldn't be interested.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nick, that only happened because enough time had elapsed to warrant a hint. Unless you mean that hints should be randomly placed in the puzzle, in which case I'd recommend against that. That feels more like a point-and-click escape game, and while I won't speak to balance, I will say I wouldn't be interested.
I know, but the colors hint was what made the puzzle solvable for me. I personally think it should have been hidden in the puzzle somewhere... not completely obvious like the numbers being colored, but something you had to look a little harder to find.

X1-12

Smash Champion
The game is never been based around finding things in the room, rooms are just excuses for places to hold the puzzles, I think we should assume if the mod doesn't say its in the room, its not in the room.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Summoner awakens aswell lol.

You all walk into the next room.

It's very similar to the old room:

'We the people, are both happy and noble.'

6, _, 18, _
_, 24, _, 22

X1-12

Smash Champion
referewnce to old escape anyone?

i read it and people had to choose the happy or noble rooms. The puzzle was about gasses and their atomic numbers. On phone cant really read up but it involved whatever laughing gas is: Nitrus oxide or something, also maybe noble gasses argon xenon krypton neon anyone?

X1-12

Smash Champion
also I think when he says its very similar to the OLD room, he is talking about escape 1, not the room you were just in

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I agree with X1 in that the old Room 3 from Escape 1 is probably useful as a reference, but I doubt it's elemental. The references to "old room" and "happy and noble" are probably linked in that they point to the same clue, the same way that the Met hats and blue room in the original first room pointed to Mega Man.

"We the people" are the first three words to the preamble of the United States Constitution, so it probably has to do with some concept able to be expressed by two digits, likely states' initials.

6, _, 18, _
_, 24, _, 22

MA IN LA ND
ME MO RI AL

Massachusetts, Indiana, Louisiana, North Dakota
Maine, Missouri, Rhode Island, Alabama

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
If you use what was in the previous puzzle (noble and happy rooms), you end up getting C _ Ar __ Cr_ Ti

6- Carbon-C, 18-Argon-Ar, 24-Chromiun-Cr, 22-Titanium-Ti

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, the numbers are the order of entrance into the Union as States.

The answers are 19, 39, 23, and 13

Enter 19 in the Top Left empty spot

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Enters 39 in top right empty spot

you guys and your millions of states

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I feel guilty just following Cello for the easy token, but...

Enter 23 in the lower left empty spot

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
enter 13 in the remaining slot.

nice job cello.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The game is never been based around finding things in the room, rooms are just excuses for places to hold the puzzles, I think we should assume if the mod doesn't say its in the room, its not in the room.
for the megaman puzzle (im gonna call it the warmup puzzle from now on), the room played a big part in figuring it out. blue room and construction hats are the reason we looked into megaman.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
lol Perth, I forgot to change that after joke with some guy, but yes, the country is the same. I wouldn't have gotten this puzzle ever.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
It could have been worse. The phrase might have been "We, the citizens, are both happy and noble". I'd call shenanigaland on that one.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'd like to replace out.

I absolutely love Escape, but I've been absolutely no use whatsoever, and the constant number puzzles (the things I am absolutely the worst at of all types of puzzles) aren't helping my unhelpfulness. I'll play the next one, I'm sure. But I just have too many other obligations right to lurk on everybody else's coattails here.

X1-12

Smash Champion
for the megaman puzzle (im gonna call it the warmup puzzle from now on), the room played a big part in figuring it out. blue room and construction hats are the reason we looked into megaman.
I think you missed the point, I mean that you should be able to figure out the puzzle from the 1 post by the mod. In the megaman puzzle all the blue things were already there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
replacing out

Can't follow the game, always come in as the puzzles are finishing.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I think you missed the point, I mean that you should be able to figure out the puzzle from the 1 post by the mod. In the megaman puzzle all the blue things were already there.
ah, ok. i get it now. did it ever help out in the old games?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, assuming we haven't answered the puzzle correctly, we'd get a hint. I have a feeling Mac wouldn't go this long without updating us to tell us if our answers are wrong, thus wasting our total game time, if we didn't already have the right answers.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Earth to Macman. Come in macman. This is moving slower than those Batman report cards...

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
With the speed of this game when a puzzle goes up and how much time is going in between I'm going to have to ask to replace out unless it is on more of a set schedule. Sorry.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I've been way too busy to properly mod this game, so I'm going to have to cancel it, sorry to all.

I'll check the last answers to the puzzles to see if you guys got it right. I'll probably continue to put up puzzles, but it won't be in the form of any sort of game anyone can come answer them. And puzzles would go up whenever I feel like putting one up.

sorry to everyone

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
wtf at people replacing out of a game that is moving too slow instead of too fast. =/

I don't get it lol
It wasn't that it was too slow. It was that I wouldn't know when a puzzle was going to go up and when it did it was being solved before I could log on.

Doesn't matter now but yeah that was it.

Top Bottom