• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Remix -- New Puzzle Up

X1-12

Smash Champion
We should probably get rid of someone

Is Tom likely to be able to post regularly again in the next 32 irl days?

someone wanna bring up some ideas?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I make puzzles, so I'll be helpful in solving them. Macman actually beat me first puzzle :B

Don't kill me while I'm gone. K thx.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Welp, missed the first one. I should be less unavailable tonight. It sucks that we have to vote someone out though, I have no idea who.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i also think it sucks that we have to vote someone off after only one puzzle when we have nothing to go off of

its like lynching after the first vote count

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
I missed all of it :(

Unfortunately I never played megaman who I doubt I would of gotten it, when I first read it I also thought it might of been bytes but then that didn't fit.

If we can vote to not off someone I'd vote for that, honestly I didn't even get time to say anything and neither did most people.

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
Actually I just re-read the front post and see this a little clearer. I dunno if it's still better to lynch early though, I'd actually be in favor of extending the puzzle till later instead of killing someone before everyone even has a chance to see something happened.

X1-12

Smash Champion
1.) we have to kill someone

2.) there is a deadline for this whole game

3.) Vote: Tom, Someone's gotta go.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
I'm putting this game on pause for now. I might end up overhauling the entire thing and representing it in a new format. If I decide to do that it will probably happen fairly soon.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm putting this game on pause for now. I might end up overhauling the entire thing and representing it in a new format. If I decide to do that it will probably happen fairly soon.
Any updates?
unconscious

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
I'm starting this up again tomorrow. Next puzzle will be up between 6 and 10pm.

I'm scrapping the mafia part of the game. New rules will be much simpler:

You have 20 days to solve 8 puzzles.

There are no individual roles. Everyone will begin with 2 tokens. If you submit an answer incorrectly you lose a token, if you submit an answer right you gain a token. In order to win you must have atleast 4 tokens by the time the game is over and all the rooms must be completed before the game's deadline.

If your token count goes down to 0, then you die and can no longer play in the game.

Everytime you submit an answer you are incapped till the next puzzle goes up.

Puzzles will go up between 6 and 10 pm the day after a puzzle is solved.

Majority force is still in effect.

Any questions?

Thank you for your patience.

X1-12

Smash Champion
What about the idea of trading/giving tokens? would there ever be a need for such a thing

Also any chance you could make it between 4 and 8 instead? is that at all realistic/feasible

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
I decided on 6 - 10 because most ppl either wanted 4-8pm or 8pm-12am and I figured it would be the best compromise.

There won't be any trading/giving tokens.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
am i still unconscious?

and did the first puzzle give out tokens?

and will we get token counts throughout the game?

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
The first riddle can be safely ignored, I'm starting anew. So the answer to the first 2 qs is No.

Yes you'll get token counts.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Fffffffffffffffff-

i did so awesomely in the first puzzle, and it doesnt count at all!?!?!

dang caps filter. forgot to /allcaps

oh, btw. since i proved that i'm good at this, i guess i can let out this secret.

i got the qualifier puzzle wrong, lulz. how did you guys figure it out? i have been told the answer and still cant figure it out.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I opened up Google and did a search for "symptom129 Tom", "the escapist" and finally "the escapist Tom". The last one gave me my answer. I'm not sure my answer was correct, but they didn't tell me it wasn't.

As for why I went with it, it fit almost all available apparently important data reasonably well (9 parts to the answer, "Tom" as part of the answer, and the clue given from the italicized "read between the lines")

If "11111620" was actually important, I don't know why.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That's not how I originally figured it out. I finally guessed that 11111620 was actually the date 11/11/1620, that the Mayflower compact was signed on that date, and there were several Thomas's involved in the signing. Add in that the original room reminded me of a ship, and that was enough evidence for me. Spent nearly forever looking through the previous escape first because I thought "the escapist Tom" meant something about Tom being in the last escape game...

Was there any rhyme or reason to the thread title numbers though?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
yes, hex values corresponding to the ascii character list

Spelt out 00(or NULL):Escape Remix iirc

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah, that was it, summoner.

Maybe I could've figure it out, then.

The mobile site background is the same color as the text color that riddle posts in.

I "read in between the lines" when i quoted it and saw "The E S C A P I S T". That's 9 'spaces', so I thought it was the answer.

I sent it to him, he told me it was wrong. I asked for the real answer. He said "mayflower". I said, "where did you get mayflower?!?!?!" and for some reason he sent back, "oh, you got it right" and then sent me my role. I was like, wtf

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Wiki - The Escapist

If you highlighted the text it spelled out "The Escapist"
Tom referred to the character in this comic whose last name is Mayflower. The numbers referred to the date the Mayflower arrived in America.

I ended up figuring out that it was a date then trying Tom Mayflower to get the actual result.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I spent ages trying to figure out the number 11111620 especially when I realised the thread title was in Hex.

Don't know why, but I really overlooked googling tom the escapist lol (even though I figure out they had some significance). Figured it out too late :/

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I figured out pretty quick that the title was in Hexidecimal, so that distraction went away quickly.

The other numbers at the end threw me for a huge loop. Couldn't figure it out at all. I had a few decent leads, like patterns that half matched the numbers. One of em was counting how many sentences started with a given letter and, then using those letters to try and spell a word. Didn't come to anything though.

My first guess was TOMATOCAT because it fit perfectly and had to to with Tom (an old iteration of his username), and got a negative response but the hint that O was the 4th last letter.

Spent a bunch of time trying to relate that to the number sequence, didn't work out, and then just got frustrated and entered The Escapist in google. Happened upon the comic article. Read Tom Mayflower. Lol'd at myself and submitted FTW.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
The Real Puzzle #1

The screen flashes green and you hear the door unlock. You all go through the door and into the next room.

You see a large diagram on the wall:

Etched in the wall under the diagram you see: 'Look to the light for guidance. Escape is your desire. Meet her with the power of -half of you.'

Another locked door with a screen and keyboard shows:
70, 53, 47,
_, _,
_

Deadline is November 18 at 11:59:59 pm.

Token Count:

Overswarm: 2
Chibo: 2
Nicholas: 2
SummonerAU: 2
tmw_redcell: 2
Frozenflame: 2
Tom: 2
Evil Eye: 2
Matunas: 2
SwordsRBroken: 2
X1-12: 2
Cello_Marl: 2
Sir Bedevere: 2
BSL: 2
Namaste: 2
Omni: 2

Modnotes:
Everyone can post now of course.

Because it is kind of hard to measure the difficulty of a puzzle, after 4 days of not being able to solve a puzzle, further hints will be given. The games deadline will still remain the same.

If any of you have any ideas for a different format the Escape game can take, IM either riddle or macman with your idea. The current game format won't be affected however, and will play out until the end of this game.

The rules in the first post are updated to reflect the different format of this game.

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
I apologize summoner, I used the wrong initial image. I updated the post with the correct one.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Enters 50 for the right most question mark
Summoner - I didn't have the chance to see the original image. Was there some kind of clue that immediately gave it away? Does it still apply? Also before you go answering things it would be nice to get some input on the puzzle since you can't talk after you do so.

The clue - I read the last part as (- 1/2 of U), this means nothing to me. The power could refer to some kind of mathematical component as well. As for the light the only thing I know of regarding this would be the speed of light - which c is used to represent. I'm mostly curious as to the word "her."

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Summoner inputs 29

An invisible force take a hold of Summoner and tosses him into a wall knocking the wind out of him.

Summoner is now incapped and may no longer post in this thread.

Updated Token Count

Overswarm: 2
Chibo: 2
Nicholas: 2
SummonerAU: 1
tmw_redcell: 2
Frozenflame: 2
Tom: 2
Evil Eye: 2
Matunas: 2
SwordsRBroken: 2
X1-12: 2