• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Remix -- New Puzzle Up

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
BSL replaces Pythag.

If he confirms in time, the first puzzle may go up today between 4pm and 8pm.
It will go up tomorrow between 4pm and 8pm

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
You hear a clicking sound. You put down the random book you were reading and check to see whether the door is unlocked. You find that it is and you immediately open it and walk through. You immediately notice that others, like yourself are just leaving their rooms as well. You take in your surroundings and find out that you’re on the deck of a large ship.

You hear a splash and move to the edge of the ship. The anchor has just been deployed; it seems as though you have just reached shore.

A siren goes off from seemingly everywhere. Above the wail of the siren, a droning automatic voice repeats over and over: Evacuate the ship! In your confusion you decide to do as the voice says. You make your way off the ship along with a few other seemingly confused passengers.

As soon as you get off, a loud BANG ripples through your eardrums. You turn around and see that back of the ship has exploded! You watch in horror as the ship becomes engulfed in flames and burns to the ground. You wince as you hear the sounds of screaming and crying echoing from within.

After the initial shock wears away a bit, you begin to talk with those around you. They seem to all be as clueless as you about what’s happening.

You begin to look around. The edge of a forest lies a bit further inland. There is nothing else of interest around you. Someone points out that it’s going to rain soon, and it’s getting dark. You guys begin to walk towards the forest, looking for some sort of shelter. You reach the border between the forest and the beach. Someone spots a blue metal door in the sand.

The group walks over to it. You bend down and yank at the handle. To your surprise, the door opens. The group huddles around the open door in the floor trying to get a peak at what’s inside. You seem to be looking into a room from some sort of opening in the ceiling. There is a ladder that goes down into the room.
It begins to rain and you guys decide to go into this room to wait for the storm to pass. One by one, each of you climbs down the ladder.

You guys begin to look around the room. The walls and ceiling are blue and what appear to be yellow construction helmets lie all around the room. At the far end of the room there is a door. You find that it’s locked. On the door there is a screen. On that screen you see:

PB > TB > MB > _ > _ > _ > _ > _

You notice there is a keyboard jutting out from the door, similar to the one in the room on the ship. There is a red orb at the top of the door, just above the screen.

Deadline: Monday November 15 at 11:59pm

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS is V/LA mostly from Thursday afternoon until around Tuesday, just FYI :p

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
Puzzle 1 is up.

Game deadline is set for Monday November 15 at 11:59pm

You got an extra day to make up for this puzzle going up so late. It shouldn't happen again.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Two letters per answer, probably the first letters of a two word phrase, and has to do with construction or something that reminds you of construction since those hats are so conspicuous. Blue may or may not be relevant. The ship portion is probably just explanation/flavor and should be mostly ignored.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, also, I think that no one should be allowed to submit a correct answer until everyone has.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i first thought of megaman. blue walls/room is the color of megaman, and the hard hats could be the little things, idk what theyre called

and there is 8 things, like 8 robots. the only thing, is that its *B, and in megaman its all *man

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
met. . thats the hard hat guy.

what do you mean "after they already have"?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
i first thought of megaman. blue walls/room is the color of megaman, and the hard hats could be the little things, idk what theyre called

and there is 8 things, like 8 robots. the only thing, is that its *B, and in megaman its all *man
That. Is. Brilliant. No idea if it's correct, but it's something I didn't think of.

If anyone's curious, my ideas have been dead ends down the software line (PB, TB, MB, but we're missing a GB in there), and perdiodic table (PB and TB are elements, but I don't think MB is.)

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@BSL: I was continuing my previous statement. Anyway, you're probably onto something with the Megaman observation. Also, those things are called Mets.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i doubt its correct. i just feel that its better to say anything you think of. cause say maybe megaman was on the right track maybe there is something in megaman that goes by *B, and i overlooked it. if i didnt share, it would be lost forever. or until someone else thought of it.

still looking for anything in megaman that might work. just in case.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ill see what i can find. TOO THE MEGA MAN KNOWLEDGE BASE

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Robot Masters
Model No. Name Weapon Weakness
DLN. 065 Concrete Man Concrete Shot Laser Trident
DLN. 066 Tornado Man Tornado Blow Plug Ball
DLN. 067 Splash Woman Laser Trident Hornet Chaser
DLN. 068 Plug Man Plug Ball Jewel Satellite
DLN. 069 Jewel Man Jewel Satellite Black Hole Bomb
DLN. 070 Hornet Man Hornet Chaser Magma Bazooka
DLN. 071 Magma Man Magma Bazooka Tornado Blow
DLN. 072 Galaxy Man Black Hole Bomb Concrete Shot
? Fake Man None Given Jewel Satellite

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
so lemme get this straight. this is still mafia, except, we solve puzzles at the same time. interesting.

like the mega man idea. ill look into this tonight

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
lets wait for nick's action to go through. if it works, im a champ.

otherwise, who knows

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
The screen flashes green and HC appears on the screen in the first blank

PB > TB > MB > HC > _ > _ > _ > _

As Nicholas finishes typing in his answer and presses enter, a giant fist comes out of the wall, punching him in the face and he is knocked out.

Nicholas1024 is unable to speak or perform any actions.

Top Bottom