• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Harry Potter Wikia said:
* Quirinus Quirrell

Quirrell was the Muggle Studies teacher at Hogwarts. After some time in the position, he traveled throughout Europe for a full term. After his return to the school, he was appointed as D.A.D.A. teacher, receiving little respect from students for his stuttering and jittery behavior, supposedly from encountering vampires somewhere in Romania. He was killed at the end of the year after attacking Harry, sustaining excruciating pain while supporting the fragmented soul of Lord Voldemort in his own body.

* Gilderoy Lockhart

Lockhart's tenure ended when he attempted to attack Harry Potter and Ron Weasley outside the Chamber of Secrets, and was hit by a backfiring Memory Charm from Ron's malfunctioning wand. Lockhart was admitted to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries with amnesia. Lockhart was regarded by the students and teachers largely as a joke and the majority of the school was elated to see him go.

* Remus Lupin

Lupin resigned after being revealed as a werewolf by Severus Snape, out of fears that the parents of the students would not accept a werewolf as a Hogwarts teacher. Nevertheless, Lupin was enormously popular with the students and teachers, widely regarded as an effective, competent, and fair instructor and perhaps the best Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. Severus Snape stood in for Lupin as D.A.D.A. instructor on a monthly basis during the school year.

* Alastor Moody, a.k.a. Barty Crouch Jr

Moody, a retired Auror with the Ministry of Magic, was brought out of retirement to replace Lupin at Hogwarts, and keep a protective eye on Harry Potter. As an Auror, Moody possessed many special magical devices, including a Sneakoscope, Secrecy Sensor, Foe-Glass and other Dark detectors. He later turned out to be an impostor – Barty Crouch Jr in disguise – having abducted the real Alastor Moody shortly before the school term began, using Polyjuice Potion to take on Moody's appearance. Crouch (as Moody) was nonetheless very effective, teaching the students true defensive skills and actively demonstrating the power of the Dark Arts. After the discovery of Crouch's secret, Moody was released from captivity and returned to retirement; while Barty Crouch Jr, as an escaped prisoner from Azkaban, received the Dementor's Kiss. An interesting thing to note about Moody's period as teacher was that he briefly mentioned that he was only hired for the year anyway; whether this was truly the case or whether Crouch was lying at the time is left ambiguous.

* Dolores Umbridge

Umbridge was assigned to the position acting as an agent for the Ministry of Magic, and was later named High Inquisitor as the Ministry worked to gain control of Hogwarts. As D.A.D.A. instructor, Umbridge taught only theoretical aspects of defence and topics like conflict avoidance and fleeing, in stark contrast to practical combat and resistance teachings of the previous two D.A.D.A. instructors. During Umbridge's tenure, Harry, along with Ron and Hermione Granger, provided clandestine D.A.D.A. instruction for their fellow students, based in part on some of the experiences Harry gained in his conflicts with Voldemort and others. They formed Dumbledore's Army, a secret club dedicated to training interested students in the practical elements of wizarding combat that Umbridge refused to teach. Umbridge was known to impose harsh punishments on Harry during her term, such as writing lines in his own blood during detention, as a way of forcing Harry to renounce his belief that Voldemort had returned to power. She challenged Dumbledore for his position as Headmaster, due to his support for Harry. Umbridge was removed from Hogwarts after Voldemort and his Death Eaters attacked at the Ministry of Magic, which proved that he had returned to power; and also proved the need for practical D.A.D.A. instruction for Hogwarts students.

* Severus Snape

Snape assumed the post of D.A.D.A. instructor, unexpectedly by most of the students, and was replaced as Potions Master by Horace Slughorn. Little is said about Snape's tenure as D.A.D.A instructor other than that he seemed to focus on non-verbal spells, defence against creatures and spells used by Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters, and was looking after Draco Malfoy, who was acting enigmatically, for much of the term. He and Malfoy fled the school after the Battle of the Astronomy Tower, during which Snape killed Albus Dumbledore. The next year when Voldemort took over the Ministry, Snape was appointed headmaster of the school.

* Amycus Carrow

In September of 1997, Carrow became the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts though it became more of a Dark Arts class. He was arrested after Voldemort fell, and it is unclear who took over after him, although it has been mentioned that Harry Potter did sometimes come to teach D.A.D.A. as a guest teacher in the years following the Battle of Hogwarts.
Pushes the button for number five, DU.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A mysterious wind pulls Tom from the 8th tree into DU. One of the tree branches presses its's own buttons. The light and than tom walks out a fat lady.

"This is what I get for being wrong..."

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I waddle over to my wand and flick it at myself, and shout "Homorphus Charm!"

I then walk to the seventh door and put in AC.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I waddle over to my wand and flick it at myself, and shout "Homorphus Charm!"

I then walk to the seventh door and put in AC.
That only works for werewolves. And Umbridge sucks at magic anyways.

The fat lady walks into the 7th tree. AC now appears on the button. Jungle and Mentos both wake up. [You guys can now post in the thread.]

A ladder comes down out of nowhere from the sky. "Well done." The voice says. "You may now head into the next room up the ladder. Unless... you want to stick around and go for the bonus tree." The voice laughs.

Forest Temple... Room completed!

I'm not gonna put up the next room till tomorrow, this room only required 7 trees, the last one is a bonus one.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eight tree is probably BC, for the other DATDA teacher that hasn't been listed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Now I regret that because I'm pretty sure Barty Crouch senior was never a DADA teacher.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Tom does so and is wrong. He is changed back to umbridge and stripped of his magical powers

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No. he wasnt. uhhh....did you all figure out the AC thing..Amycus Carrow?

and....i dunno who teh 8th was it was never decided..so....Neville Longbottom maybe? he went on to teach herbology but...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The fat lady walks into the tree. GM appears on the button outside of it. The tree starts to glow.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I push Tom out of the way and put in GM

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
NOOO too late >: (

I open the door

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
to be fair though, I think BC was a teacher in the 4th book with the whole polyjuice scoundrel and ****. But I just lump that with Moody

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Harry Potter Wikia said:
* Galatea Merrythought

Employed some fifty years prior to Harry Potter attending Hogwarts. Lord Voldemort sought unsuccessfully to succeed Professor Merrythought in the post.
Eor, you're too late.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Uses her massive... mass to make sure nobody can take her out of the tree until someone presses the button.

o hay kool

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Tom changes back to her normal self. He feels more healthy than he has ever been.

you guys suck, now toms not a fat lady anymore

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you probably wanna push the people who can;t speak and are paralyzed in there too.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Goes and grabs a wand. Shouts "Expecto Patronum!" and flicks the wand in front of himself.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Can I please kill KK now? I've been casting this curse for like... an hour now....

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I grab a wand, and shout "Expecto Patronum"

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A huge smoky panther emerges from Tom's wand. It looks feminine but dominant.

Th Avada Kedavra bounces off KK.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Eor grabbes his wand and a MASSIVE zombie bear emerges from it. It's eyes the patronus panther hungrily.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Drags all the paralyzed/otherwise incapacitated people into the healing tree and pushes the button.
the only sensible one. =D

You do so, everyone who had any posting restrictions is now completely free to talk and do actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom