• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This is a new game that I want to try out. I don't really have a name for it yet.

Pretty much all I'm going to do is present puzzles for you all to solve. Pretty simple right? There is no sign up or anything like that so anybody can play and guess answers to the puzzles. However some of the puzzles may require teamwork or thinking as a group[So I think that makes this a decisive game]. The game will kind of run in an adventure game format, so bold your actions, which will generally just be you putting in an answer to a puzzle. Only one action at a time please. Quotes however are not required for talking. The first post will be updated with the current puzzle/room. It is kind of hard to explain so I'm just going to start it and you will figure it out as it goes.

Each flavor usually will contain hints. I would also recommend in the later levels to be a bit smarter with your answers. There are only so few D. Gamers to go around. IN the questions to come you may wanna talk in the thread about what the answer may be and try to look at my flavor for hints.

WarmUp Room

Room of Gluttony

Forest Temple... Room

Mini Room #1

Also, if you figure out the puzzle too quickly, give other people a chance to figure it out. However if you are struggling always post your ideas before you put in an answer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
WarmUp Room

You wake up in a bright room with no recollection of how you arrived there. As you rub your eyes, you start to sit up and look around. You notice others like you who have just seemed to wake up from a mysterious slumber. But then you notice something odd; they all seem to have some kind of words hovering above their heads. You get a better look and you see the word 'Rockin' above one of the guys heads. You turn around and see 'Tomato Cat' in red letters above another. You finally realize why the words seemed so familiar; they are the usernames of people you know from smashboards!

Suddenly, a huge screen with the word "WELCOME" written on it suddenly pops up, covering an entire wall of the room. You then hear a loud resounding "You are now in the WarmUp room." echo through the room. The screen changes to the picture of a black, young, sexy, intelligent-looking male doing a bboy freeze. The numbers:
13 , 1 , 3 , 13 , ? , ?
appear covering the picture. A podium rises from the floor a few feet in front of the screen. On top of the podium you can see a laptop.
"Enter in the correct numbers, and maybe you will be rewarded with a way out of here. Only one number can be entered in at a time." A voice booms from overhead speakers that you cannot see. "Begin."

PROGRESS:

frozenflame correctly inputs 1.

Mediocre incorrectly inputs 3.

Ronike incorrectly inputs 13.

Tom correctly inputs 14.

last image on screen:
13 , 1 , 3 , 13 , 1 , 14

Its 14. It spells out M A C M A N.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
As frozenflame hits enter on the laptop, a large glass tube springs up from the ground below him and closes on top of him. Once he realizes he is encased by the tube he frantically struggles to break the glass but to no avail. The tube begins to get foggy as it fills with some kind of gas.

As quickly as it came the tube, sinks back into the ground again, leaving frozenflame collapsed on the floor unconscious. [frozenflame may no longer post until further notice] On the screen a large "1" in green takes place of the question mark following the fourth number.

(and yes this one is hella simple.)

Ronike

Smash Ace
...NOBODY LIVES FOREVER!!!!

Enter the number 13 into the laptop

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Mediocre walks up to the laptop ignoring frozenflame and inputs 3 into the laptop. The screen flashes red. And a trapdoor opens up below Mediocre. He falls, screaming, into the abyss.[Mediocre may no longer post until further notice.] The screen remains the same.

Also I should have noted, but I'm gonna do only one action at a time. So Ronike are you still putting your answer in?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Its 14. It spells out M A C M A N.

Move Ronike out of the way and input 14.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Wait, nvm. Thats what I get for skim reading.

Move out of the way for Tom

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol **** that

Ronike eagerly runs up as Mediocre is inputing his answer. He watches as Medi falls to his doom. He turns around and looks at the rest of the crowd with a worried look plastered to his face. But he regains his courage and stands in front of the laptop. He types "13" into the console. Tomato Cat yells out "NOOOO!!!" and runs for the console as he sees the incorrect answer entered into the screen. They both see the red flash of the screen and immediately knows that it means danger. Ronike quickly jumps to the side as the floor opens up ready to engulf him. He narrowly escaped. Ronike sits panting on the floor. All of a sudden a new trapdoor opens up where Ronike lay. He falls with a dumb look on his face.[Ronike may no longer post until further notice.] A resounding laugh is heard throughout the room.

Tom curses and quickly inputs "14" into the laptop. The voice comes back, "Well done." He says. "Now the real trial can start."The green 14 is put in place of the last question mark on the screen. And a door randomly appears to the side of the room. Frozenflame wakes up from his slumber. [frozenflame may now post again]. The group of people head through the door into the next room.

WarmUp Room Completed!

next puzzle will be up in a bit, and sorry Ronike you can't take back actions, especially not answers to questions. Don't worry though you and Medi will be back in a bit.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Room of Gluttony

As you walk into the next room, a tasty aroma hits your face. You suddenly realize you are hungry. But your hunger pains go away when you notice 2 bodies lying in the far corner of the room. You and the others run towards the bodies. Mediocre and Ronike are there sleeping with hospital robes on. You try not to think about how it was possible for them to fall into the room directly next to you, or how they changed clothes so quickly. Kharthik King appears from the crowd and kicks ronike in the chest. "Wake Up!"

Ronike wakes up grabbing his chest giving KK and evil look. KK goes to kick Mediocre, but somehow Mediocre hands extends, interrupting KK’s kick by grabbing his leg. His eyes open as he flips KK onto his back and sits up at the same time. Ronike angrily opens his mouth " ! !!! … ! …???". A confused look appears on his face. Again he tries to speak, but no sounds come out. Mediocre also tries to do the same but alas he fails. [Mediocre and Ronike may no longer speak, but however can do actions.]

Another screen similar to the one in the previous rooms appears on the wall. All you see on the screen is:
1, 1-1, 2, 3-3, 6, 10-10, 20, ?-?, ?, ?-?

The podium with laptop again comes up from the floor. But in front of it, a table also appears. On the table you see multiple slices of some kind of pizza, a bowl of Doritos, and Toblerone chocolates. "Eat at your own risk." The speaker box voice laughs.

EAT UP! HAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHHAHHAH

PROGRESS:

Ronike correctly enters 35 - 35

Tom correctly enters 70

Yaya incorrectly enters 115 - 115

Frozenflame incorrectly enters 124 - 124

Eor correctly enters 126 - 126

last image on screen:
1, 1-1, 2, 3-3, 6, 10-10, 20, 35-35, 70, 126-126

Middle numbers of pascals triangle.

Clues: Doritos, slices of pizza, toblerone chocolates were all triangular shaped. Triangular piece of ceiling.
Pascal was french, so the pizza and chips were french onion flavored. the toblerones were swiss so they were the only ones poisonous.
The markings on the piece of ceiling.
The videotape of a teacher teaching about Pascal's triangle being used to solve (x+y)^n.

You would have found pascals triangle in google by putting in:
"triangle numbers"
"triangle (x+y)^n math"
among others

Smash Master
I gotta try this:

I wrap a slice of pizza around a toblerone and take several bites

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
104 runs up and wraps a slice around a piece of toblerone. He takes a huge chunk out of it. He tastes the pizza first . "mmmm..." he says with his mouth full, "Taste's like french onion!." He than begins to taste the toblerone. His face of glee begins to turn into despair. He spits out the food. And begins to cough violently. He turns to look at the rest of the group before he faints, spasming on the floor and then relaxing into unconsciousness. [104 may no longer post until further notice]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Fuck that. LOL I'm not eating any of that shit. I'm taking Ronike's route and I'm looking for the pattern in the numbers. If you look at "x - x," the next number is the combination of the two. Like "1 - 1" is followed by "2," and "3 - 3" is followed by "6," and "10 - 10" is followed by "20." But I don't know how the "x - x" is generated. :<

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ronike types 35-35 into the keyboard. The screen flashes green. A tube similar to the one frozenflame got sucked in emerges from the floor. Ronike is en capsuled and the gas fills the tub yet again. As he starts to fall into unconsciousness, he screams "I SOLVED IT, YOU JUST... havee... to loook... " and falls into slumber[Ronike may no longer post until further notice]. The tube returns back to the floor and the green 35-35 appears. KK mutters under his breath "Show off..."

also guys if you figure it out almost immediately, it would be cool if you didn't post how you got it in the thread so that other people get a chance to solve it. Unless of course it's a room you are really stuck on.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Numbers, that was a really bad idea. Eating one type of food would have let us at least find either one we can trust or one we definitely can't. But we don't know for certain that the pizza is safe, it could just as easily have knocked you out a few updates later.

It was funny but ****, bad call, yo.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
And uh since I'm not helping much with the DaVinci Decoding...

I go back to the other room and grab frozenflame, and carry him into the next room, while whispering "Dude you should have played Batman" in his ear. Drop him gently or something.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Evil Eye, I assumed he walked in by himself but sure you do that

Tom enters in 70 somewhat hesitantly, and like Ronike, a tube comes up and gasses him, leaving him passed out on the floor. The green 70 appears on the screen.

btw, you guys shouldn't talk about the game puzzle outside of this thread, unless with me or something. Especially if you answered already or you are passed out. That would just defeat the purpose of that.

and just so you guys know, this is just the trial version of a more full fledged adventure-like game I was thinking about doing in the future. Unlike this though that will have sign-ups so consider this tryouts for that game. [If i ever decide to make it]

Niiro

Smash Ace
I don't know the answer lol.
Eats Doritos as I have I massive hunger pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom