• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
and, what eor and evil eye were doing would probably have worked for a normal room. Like in the 2nd room if they figured out that all the triangle things meant something it would have been easier. Or in the 3rd room if they actually wondered what broomsticks were doing there.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Guys, I've been thinking and coming up with some good ideas. But i'm not sure how I want to implement them.

The two options are as followed:
Leave it the way it is now and have anyone play
Pros:
Activity isn't required from every person.
Anyone can jump in.
You can't really lose since you never run out of people.
Punishments for getting something wrong isn't as severe/.

Cons: You don't get the pros from doing it the other way.

Have sign ups.
Pros:
There will be a more in depth story.
It will be more adventure game-ish
Everyone will have roles.
I can do cooler things with the puzzles, like have something you do in one room carry over into another room

Cons:
Activity is a must.
You can probably die.
Punishments will be more severe.
The group can lose.
Not anyone can jump in and play.
It will take me some time to figure out the details.

I'm leaving it up to you guys to pick what you want. I kind of like both ways equally. I only ask this now, because I don't wanna waste my ideas on this beta type game if I am going to do the second version down the road.

So pick.

[Everyone can post now.]

Yaya

Smash Champion
I would like sign-ups, because having a more adventure like game would be pretty sweet. Even if you end up dying, watching this game is pretty fun, and having people coming in and trying to screw us up *COUGHNIIROCOUGH* is pretty lame.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
vote: Have sign ups with a creepy plot.

I want to be a really tall black dude with a huge, well-kept afro.

Niiro

Smash Ace
You know, I want to do the sign-ups thingy, even though it will prevent me from doing stupid **** D:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

i can actually help now that school stopped butt ****** me :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I would love to say sign-ups as that would be awesome, but at the same time, seeing as i work mornings 4 days a week, have school then work taking up a whole day, school in the morning another day and only 1 open day, I'm not sure I could keep up with how quick this has been moving in the non-sign-up version

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whoa, I take a 15 hour car ride to the U.S. World Style Debate tournament and you guys partake and all the fun magic shenanigans. I wish I coulda played.... =(

Also, many lulz were had at the bash.org quote. As soon as stuff started getting Harry Potter'd in this thread immediately thought of that lol.

<JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
<JonJonB> Let's see the results...

<JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
<JonJonB> "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything

<JonJonB> A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

<JonJonB> "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."
<JonJonB> "Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "

<JonJonB> Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

<JonJonB> "Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

<JonJonB> The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

<JonJonB> He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

<JonJonB> He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

<JonJonB> Ok
<JonJonB> I have found, definitive proof
<JonJonB> that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all
<JonJonB> "Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?
<melusine > O_______O
<JonJonB> Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang

<JonJonJonB> Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

<JonJonJonB> 'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.
Also, are you going to do any more challenges in this thread Macman, or are you gonna end this test game and just started the official sign up one?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i'm pretty sure I'm just gonna end this one and start the official one.

BETA OVER!

and yea, I didn't expect people to actually pick up the wands and start using them. Twas pretty entertaining. And this game moves hella fast.

expect the new version in about a week. imma try to have it done sooner, but I want to actually be organized with all the puzzles/roles before I do it. Instead of starting it on a whim because I was bored in class...

Yaya

Smash Champion
As you all progress to the next room, you hear the words over a loudspeaker, "There is no hope for you, the staffs has responded to me, and your punishment is to solve my puzzles in all eternity!" The voice seems to have poor grammar, and his fairly whiny.

You all notice there appears to be an echo, the person is close by!

You push on, sprinting until you find that voice, it was MaxfireXSA all along! He screams and tries to run, but Tom and Ronike pin him down.

The others take turns questioning them, every question being replied by, "Stop bullying me or I'll report you to the staffs!"

Suddenly, a very enraged Yaya runs foward and delievers a punishing haymaker to Maxfire's face, teeth fly and he falls unconsicious, keys drop from his pocket, and a door is close by.

Evil Eye takes the keys and unlocks the door, he opens the door, and everyone shields their eyes, as they are blinded by something they had not seen for weeks, months, some, even years.

Light.

They quickly run towards freedom, except for Eor, who grabs Maxfire, and tosses him into Mini Room 1, forced to pay the ultimate punishment for his sins, and experience the torture he had made the prisoners go through.

Eor turns away, walks outside, closes and locks the door, and heads towards salvation.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hahaha.

What a good ending.

Macman I'm really looking forward to the new game.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I stay behind to run the torture chambers on Maxfire, nodding cordially to my compatriots as I light a cigarette in a hard-boiled fashion and take a swig of my whiskey.

Every time Maxfire gets to the end, I beat the hell out of him and take him right back to room one. Hopefully, I can add a new room each time he runs through, making it last longer and longer.

"Goodbye, friends.

If you could send me a pet bear or some kind of orangey red cougar lynx thing with antlers, that would be dandy."

Yaya

Smash Champion
Stops, looks back, and walks back in, he shakes his fellow Canadian's hand, and proceeds to leave, slipping a paper about a doomsday device involving moose and syrup into Evil Eye's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom