• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 3 - April 11&12, 2009 - Paris, France - Melee !

Tero.

Smash Champion
make no mistake, bremen's tournament is brawl + melee, that is the reason why there are more people subscribe at that tournment, but this tournament is bigger than bremen if we talk about melee, a lot of people of bremen tournament dont play melee
not true.
def not true lol.

Samochan

Smash Master
make no mistake, bremen's tournament is brawl + melee, that is the reason why there are more people subscribe at that tournment, but this tournament is bigger than bremen if we talk about melee, a lot of people of bremen tournament dont play melee
Lol this is so far from the truth, there's more melee players on smash attack than I can count. I know because I know these players lol.

Also bigger =/= better, there are 10x times more awesome players on bremen than in esa. ^^

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hmm why are you finns/swedish/norweggian not going to attend ESA?

you prefer Bremen and that's all?
what I'm asking is.. there will be no scandinavians at all at Epita? D: D:

then we'll do our best to attend both, but our priority is a melee-only tournament (in the case we have to choose one), we def. won't travel to play barlw (or watch it lol)

pd: btw samo, I don't think you're capable of beating Over in tourney matches.. no offense.. and I'm already considering Peach is one of his worst matchups. wanna have a try? then attend ESA and bring some swedish with u.. XD

Samochan

Smash Master

then we'll do our best to attend both, but our priority is a melee-only tournament (in the case we have to choose one), we def. won't travel to play barlw (or watch it lol)

pd: btw samo, I don't think you're capable of beating Over in tourney matches.. no offense.. and I'm already considering Peach is one of his worst matchups. wanna have a try? then attend ESA and bring some swedish with u.. XD
Bwah, it was already close last time and at that time I just sucked, now I've gotten better. So who knows, I just might have what it takes to beat a sheik especially if peach is one of his worst matchups (and no character johns pls, sheik > peach anyway). But no, I won't come to esa just to face off against frenchies and spanish people, bremen is where the swedish, norwegians, dutches, brits, germans and americans will be. ^^ And it's 2x times cheaper as well, I get another finn traveling with me and I've never been on germany as opposed to france. :p

Slhoka

Smash Lord

One of the reasons is ryanair, since it's the cheapest company :
You can come to Paris from many Spanish cities with ryanair, and this way, your trip doesn't cost that much. Swedes, Norwegians and Finns (among others) don't have this possibility, and it would cost them a lot to attend ESA3.
However, Ryanair performs flights from Oslo and Stockholm to Bremen, so it's pretty useful for many Swedes and Norwegians. As for Finns, Samochan told me that travelling to ESA3 would cost her about twice the price of the trip to Smack.

So, if you add this to the current economic situation, and more importantly, the fact that ESA2 wasn't the best tournament ever in terms of organisation, I can understand that Scandinavian players prefer to go to Smack.

Edit : ****, Samo was faster =p

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
Allrigth, I found one really cheap ticket down to Paris ( ca 36 EUR). So I was a little bit impulsive and booked it XD
I'll try to convince some other norwegians to join ;)

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's better having two mid-large tournaments than one HUGE tournament full of people. That would be... in many ways... worse.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
is CBT+ (belgium) on the interested list a veteran with a new account or ...?
Yup, he's been somewhat active in the french community for a while.

Allrigth, I found one really cheap ticket down to Paris ( ca 36 EUR). So I was a little bit impulsive and booked it XD
I'll try to convince some other norwegians to join ;)
I read about your trip, and I think you're crazy :chuckle:

I'm really happy to see that you'll come =D

Hikotsu

Smash Cadet
Let's see... I say that because I hear that most pros players like Armada, for instance, won't come to this tournament. Only for that >_<

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm still coming, this is going to be raaaaaape.
Good ****!

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Any info about housing? Me and 3 other guys already have our plane tickets, so it would be nice to know.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Any info about housing? Me and 3 other guys already have our plane tickets, so it would be nice to know.
Food & Housing

Since ESA2 is a 2 days event, we will try to house as many players as possible on friday and sunday evening. However, ESA2 proved that housing everyone just isn’t possible for events of such scope. Therefore, we’ll give priority to those who come for far.
We’ll do our best to motivate Parisians players to host people, and we’ll make a list of people able to house other players and contact info but it will be up to you to contact these players. We won’t take care of everything like we tried to do last year, because it’s clearly too much to do.
Also, we will provide food for the 2 days of the tournament. And we understood the complaints (and actually experienced ourselves) the poor food service of ESA2. This time, we told Cycom this was a point not to overlook and will make sure to get some food in decent quantity.
We’ll also make sure vegetarians have special meals, and that muslims won’t be served pork. As for Amsah, we’ll buy him a few apples and fresh grass =D

On Saturday night, anybody who paid for it will sleep in a separate sleeping room, where you'll be able to put your bags and jackets during the day. This night should be the only one you will spend in the venue.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yume, Makkura, Matux and me are almost booked.
Actually we allready booked our tickets but we haven't paid yet.

We'll arrive at friday evening and leave on tuesday morning (very early), so we need housing on friday and from sunday to tuesday :)

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
me and 3 more guys from spain (M, Ksta and Daisuki) will NEED to be housed on sunday and monday night to be able to come.

this is really important, cause we are waiting to attend both smack and esa, so if we can't get housing, paying for a hotel would be too much expensive for us to come :( :(

slhoka tell us something about that as soon as possible plz

strawhats

Smash Master
Just one question to u guys. Are any of you guys going to Genesis this summer? and if so, are you going to enter melee/brawl?(pleaase say melee)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Just curious, has there been any thoughts of having a live stream during the tournament?
That's a nice thing many american tourneys have provided with brawl for some time now...

strawhats

Smash Master
As an American I can tell you that livestreaming is the best thing to do for this tourney as not every person will actually come to this. Also uploading to youtube is not the easiest thing to do these days.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Just curious, has there been any thoughts of having a live stream during the tournament?
That's a nice thing many american tourneys have provided with brawl for some time now...
Yes. Ryuker told me he might be able to do that, but we need to know whether it's possible or not. We're discussing with Cycom about that. The good thing is, Epita is a computer science school, so they have a freaking awesome connection. The bad thing is, we're not supposed to use it.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Slhoka:
Please sign me and Armada up.

Can someone house me and Armada one day before and after the tournament?

Booked and ready.

We will arrive at Charles De Gaulle 16:25 friday 10
Depart from Charles De Gaulle 15:00 monday 13.

Housing please. =(

Top Bottom