• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EPIC SONIC FFA DISCUSSION (No Pole Jocking)

Umby

Smash Master
I had my doubts about his Sonic, I'll admit, but good **** today. The Halberd help me get a few kills though.

Oh yeah, and no pole jocking itt.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Does he have any videos atm? I'd like to see his sonic :[
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158026

I'm flattered you guys. There are plenty of talented sonics out there. Boxob, Daisy-Fan, and Xtinction are a few that I've gone up against and had some pretty even matches.

I think I'm still a little too predicatble and if I can incorporate the fox-trot and pivots into my game it'll make huge strides. Plus hyphen smash timing. Oh also... this has been said before... but really try to find uses for Sonic's upTilt. It really helps KO when you're tapped out on your smashes and your opponent is keeping you at bay when you're trying to do the spring/jump->aerials.

Majiin

Smash Rookie

I'm flattered you guys. There are plenty of talented sonics out there. Boxob, Daisy-Fan, and Xtinction are a few that I've gone up against and had some pretty even matches.

I think I'm still a little too predicatble and if I can incorporate the fox-trot and pivots into my game it'll make huge strides. Plus hyphen smash timing. Oh also... this has been said before... but really try to find uses for Sonic's upTilt. It really helps KO when you're tapped out on your smashes and your opponent is keeping you at bay when you're trying to do the spring/jump->aerials.
Thanks dude! Gonna watch most of em now.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I've gotten much better since the last time I fought Dnes. I gotta fight him again, he does have a really nice Sonic though. I think the only thing i really have left to improve on is getting that whole foxtrot dash dance pivot crap down.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Fighting darkNES's Sonic is like fighting Bruce Lee on wheels. It's fast, and it hurts. Better keep your eyes open guys....

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten much better since the last time I fought Dnes. I gotta fight him again, he does have a really nice Sonic though. I think the only thing i really have left to improve on is getting that whole foxtrot dash dance pivot crap down.
Same with me.I just need more confidence in my air game (I think I'm close) and approaching better.

darkNES386

Smash Lord

Interesting huh?

Boxob

Smash Champion
Uptilt should be used when you clash with an opponents attack, it creates a wall of hit boxes so if they attack it they will either get hit or it will clash again in which case, you use it again. You can also use it to pressure a shield. Nair>Dtilt>jab>Uptilt. It works great.

J18

Smash Journeyman
this just made me realize something.
most of the sonic's you hear about are like lucky and zeal, and for some reason i get the impression that they're the only good sonics out there.
this thread kinda just made me realize that there have got to be so many more awesome sonics out there, like boxob and darknes, and the others mentioned.
this just kinda blew my mind, i don't know why, but props to all those unheard sonics out there, keep kicking butt

J18

Smash Journeyman
haha i want to see like, an ultimate sonic free-for-all.
Boxob vs Darknes vs Lucky vs Zeal
that would be epic.

LuCKy

Smash Master
haha i want to see like, an ultimate sonic free-for-all.
Boxob vs Darknes vs Lucky vs Zeal
that would be epic.
wow i would actually play on wifi if we did this....since i hate wifi lol

i call green sonic ^_^

Ereki

Smash Cadet
Mmf. Stupid question, but would it be possible for any of us to get up against any of you? ^^; I'd just like to see how well I fare with my own Sonic, although I do make some mistakes here and there [...Killing myself with D-air. *sigh*]. And with the sort of sliiight handicap of WiFi Play and lag, but I'd still think it would be fun.

Edit: Grah. Need to read threads. >> I apologize for this useless post.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I think a solid sonic ffa would be epic... california to colorado to indiana to wherever boxob is... hopefully it would run smoothly after some intial start up lag. In other words...we'd chill for like 10 seconds while the connection fixes. I'd gladly record them =)

@Ereki, I have a thread for people who want to play my sonic and get recording online. Many of the other sonic user's on this board will most likely gladly play with you.

Edit: OH... I guess I'll take red since gold is taken :-P

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'd gladly fight all of you ^_^

My friend code's in my sidebar, just add and PM me requesting a match. I had a thread open requesting dittos but it died. D: As for an epic FFA, I'd do that **** today if you all wanted to, I live on Long Island, but it really doesn't matter since I use a lan adapter. No lag would be coming from my part. Zeal barely lags at all, I haven't fought lucky yet :/ And Dnes lags as little as Zeal does. It's be a great match. Beware though, I rawk them FFA's. :]

darkNES386

Smash Lord
@Daisy - Fan I haven't forgotten you :p ... originally I was thinking of a match between you me, boxob and Xticntion... considering I've played all of you and you all have me as friends (I hope).

@Teh Umby - I am kinda a displaced sonic... I'll be the "black" sonic if you'd like P

@Boxob... I think lucky has school regularly during the week, so maybe this Friday afternoon?

Boxob

Smash Champion
I hope I can play him, I think I can take him honestly, not trash talking or anything, but I have a pretty nice Sonic now, I got a lot better by getting owned by puffball, I realized my pressure game was not what it could be, I practiced the hell out of it and now I ****. I honestly haven't even heard of Xtinction D: Is he any good? And I still have you as a friend Dnes :] I don't delete people I fight regularaly, or atleast I try not to.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Well... we only played a few times. His sonic is one of the better sonic's I've played. I'm sure you could take him :p The important thing though is that we have fun and make it entertaining to watch... since some people hate sonic dittos with a passion.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Yeah, it has to be fun to watch. We should try to stick to lots of team combos lol. Those are always cool.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Holy crap I missed alot of action on this thread in one day lol.

I had this monster term paper due at 11 this morning and I did not start til like 11 last night (yikes). I literally have not slept yet...and strangely, im not too tired (it'll hit me like a bus in a few hours, I know it)

Anyways...
I hope I can play him, I think I can take him honestly, not trash talking or anything, but I have a pretty nice Sonic now, I got a lot better by getting owned by puffball, I realized my pressure game was not what it could be, I practiced the hell out of it and now I ****. I honestly haven't even heard of Xtinction D: Is he any good? And I still have you as a friend Dnes :] I don't delete people I fight regularaly, or atleast I try not to.
Boxob, your Sonic is very good, played you a few nights ago, you utilize his speed better than most Sonic's I have played. I have also been practicing the hell outta my Sonic, those stutter stepped smashes and pivots are a *****, let's brawl again soon.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I wouldn't waste your time with the pivots, especially the dash dance ****. Just shield cancel. it's just as good and much easier to do. Thanks for the compliments. You play good too, just gotta speed things up though. In almost every fighter, speed is the best asset to have, the fastest always wins, it's just harder to use his speed in this game than it was for lets say fox in Melee, unlike Melee, this game is balanced pretty well. In this game being fast comes at a cost ,but the cost doesn't matter if you can simply overwhelm your opponent. They'll always be too slow. xD

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
^ Exactly, thats what I have always liked about Sonic, and really lured me to him in this game (other than being a pretty big fanboy since the original). Sure he is not too strong, and his priority is garbage in many circumstances, but his speed is literally insane. As long as you play smart and savvy you will totally overwhelm your opponent with Sonic's speed, and rack up damage surprisingly fast. Sonic is a very satisfying character to win with, and just so fun to play in general. hah.

I am starting to ramble into delirium from sleep depravation...

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
I'd like to join sometime as well. It'll be my first Wifi match with a fast character though. So far Ike's been the only one I've used in online matches.

LuCKy

Smash Master
wait........so if i buy lan adapter thing that means no lag?

lol guess i'll make sure to buy that before we play

darkNES386

Smash Lord
LuCKY... care to share your Brawl Code? ... remember we don't all need to be friends, but if I'm friends with Boxob and you and you're friends with me and InterimOfZeal then we can all join the same game =)

Top Bottom