• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Soup

It's RVS, why do you ask? Just trying to get some talk going, albeit through the medium of rap.

Don't really have any opinions, 'cept on Ranmaru- but that was all the last game I played.
Certainly don't have any reads.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Soup

It's RVS, why do you ask? Just trying to get some talk going, albeit through the medium of rap.

Don't really have any opinions, 'cept on Ranmaru- but that was all the last game I played.
Certainly don't have any reads.
Good, I don't like sticking around in RVS too much, I think it's pretty telling already. What do you think about lurkers and the intention of lurking? Would you think town would be more willing to post first? Give me some dirt on things.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well, lurkers are going to lurk, and that's pretty much straight-up anti-town. As to intention, you can only guess, I don't think lurking is a tell unless you can pin it to something else.

When you're only going to spit some rhymes and drop a vote, you could be town or scum, whatever. It's not indicative one way or the other; no reason for scum to be shy at the start.

O' course, a post with a question, that's something else- much more indicative of tells, you can ask how good's the question, how good's the answer, where's this thing going- what is he after?

So, is there anything in particular you wanted dirt on?
And question- how much did you read of my last game?

and @Ran: why the 8.15 plane? talk to me, bro. Why vote Gheb when he's V/LA?

#HBC | ѕoup

I think lurking is more situational than what you give it, I want your opinion regarding it and I wanted to see what you would say.

I disagree, everything has a purpose, even something as small as random RVS votes. You replying to me had a purpose, and the way you are replying to me does too. Just know you're being watched.

And that's the point of intention, why people are doing the things they do. Tell me, what do you think my intention is right now?

Uhhh..skimmed a hell lot of it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary the 8.15 plane crashes in lost
Because gheb is the boss
I am yanking your chain
He was only in my lane

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Just know you're being watched.
Dun dun dun DAH dah dah dah

Your intention? Well, you're trying to get people talking, I guess. Or more specifically, me.
Why me, out of interest?
Why you want them talking, couldn't say.

@Ran, oh ok, never seen Lost. What do you mean by in your lane?

#HBC | ѕoup

Not specific, just wanted to find a way to produce something relevant so people didn't have the excuse to be posting for RVS, I'm kinda stingy about RVS and I like killing it as soon as I can.

Town read on kary right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb is foreign
Voting him was as simple as snoring
Works well with the chap rhyme
Lemon limeeee

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ran: yeah, but any particular reason for your vote on Gheb? I'd assume you're not going to get anything from him as he's V/LA... so I don't see why you bothered voting.

@Soup: Cheers bro

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote was rvs, not srs
Look at post previous
to see why
Lemon pie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary, why did you ask about the plane
What was the gain

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ran: just seemed like a really weird choice of rhyme. Wondered where you were going with it.

@D S Hound: you guyyys... got any thoughts on Soup's play so far?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thats how I rhyme
Get with the times
kary tell me what you think bout inferno
Does he stink?

If you want to live you should learn to spit
But unless that happensRight you'll fall in a pit
But right now i'll feel no remorse
when I decide to Vote: dark horse

Purple

Hi guys!
I got nothing on no one, i like how this game is going!

This 8.15 plane is getting a bit of flack for seemingly no reason. But i guess it's cool, not much to talk about.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Soup i like but still null.

I don't sense fakeness like games that don't exist, but at the same time i feel a sense of honesty that is something odd to see in RvS where people joke around a lot.

It is early but what is ran like to ya?

BTW Joey can you post while i am at a wedding this weekend? Big help if ya can. :3 I'll help out when i can.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmmm, Ranmaru- still null obviously.

All I will say is he seems to have posted several times without saying a lot, and I don't know where he was going with the couple of questions he did have. Like... did he really want me to read Inferno off one post? Not really feeling any effort to get out of RVS, basically. Make of that what you will.

As to RVS...
I think it's inevitable, but it's also anti-town. You don't win by doing nothing, and just joking around. So if I see you there, and you're not helping out, then that's something maybe we should talk about. tsh
boom boom-tsh boom boom tsh-boom [repeat]

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
What it do what is, you aint never seen a greeting like this.

Lol, I honestly don't feel like rhyming. Anyway, I don't got any serious feelz for anybody right now.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Well I personaly love RvS when it is used properly, Red Ryu here btw for this, but i am at a wedding anf drinking atm si i"m im a sense limited.

So as for Rab, Soup and yourself. idk except for Soup.

Ran is here but i need to read carefully for his intent.

I like Soups inquire on you but i need to see more before i say town, i like what he asked of you.

You, nothing wrong at all, if anything the opposite, but i realy on a tad of meta for some players to prevent me from Mislynching.

I understand a bit of ran null but how about Soup? Me, sort of a town lean but still null i need others to post first. Connesctions are also important.

But still ok with soup just based on what he asked you but still it's early and i need more before i do an offical label, he has more cred but that is due to him getting here first.

He did inquire your thought process and i like that but i need to make sure becauze Soup isn't dumb and can fake this if he tried, but i think as town he has a reason to ask you what he did. And i think as town he would do this fair more than scum.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey Purple, how come you're not voting for anyone? And if you don't mind me asking, do you prefer purple or roxy?
Both are fine, Roxy is what people tend to be used to from me, so in the case of making namesearching and such easier, Roxy is best :).

Read my previous message as to why i'm not voting for anyone.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
lynch a scum, lynch another one
when its all said and done
town is at the TOP, *****
cuz we kill scum a LOT
dem bad guys, we lynch em right in da thread
dont even let em claim before theyre dead

[chorus]
i just wanna lynch all the scum while im skimming
and it dont even matter you kno we winning

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Soo-pah soo-pah soo-pah-dee-doo...
...Kurious kat wants thoughts from you

Good, I don't like sticking around in RVS too much, I think it's pretty telling already.
I disagree, everything has a purpose, even something as small as random RVS votes.
Curiously... what exactly was pretty telling already? I'm getting the hint from the bolded that you might have analysed earlier posts in deeper detail... was this in regards to just kary or can you elaborate more here? I always like to dissect hear wonderful things :chuckle:

ALSO are wii going to transform this place into a disco or what??

Screw rap!
Abba's where it's at!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I actually forgot to say:

@Ranny Scotts: in what way is that inferno post meaningful to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Inferno votes DH
Over some crap rap
Not over a suspicious reason...

Ok can't find the energy to put that into a rhyme lol.

Felt it was weird Inferno voted him in response like that

Purple

Hi guys!
you need to know huh? why is this important information for you?

I. am. interested in this whenever the answer pops up.

@ranmaru - wouldn't Inferno's vote be considered RVS, or do you really think there's something more than that? If it wasn't RVS, why would Inferno be worried about one vote?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno votes DH
Over some crap rap
Not over a suspicious reason...

Ok can't find the energy to put that into a rhyme lol.

Felt it was weird Inferno voted him in response like that
I thought how I voted was quite clever
But apparently you don't like that idea ever.
Do you find it scummy as an RVS vote?
Or is there an inner scheme under your coat?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I. am. interested in this whenever the answer pops up.

@ranmaru - wouldn't Inferno's vote be considered RVS, or do you really think there's something more than that? If it wasn't RVS, why would Inferno be worried about one vote?
Yep, I thought it was more than that. I understand it was RVS, it was just weird he responded to him in that way. I felt it could be a nice 'distance', use 'rap skill' as a way to distance yet not at all. That was my feeling.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So what exactly makes rap skill different than pretty much every other reason that people voted during RVS.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Red Ryu / Det. Sherlock Hound:

This is my second mafia game, my first was Newbie 17 (ongoing). I've also skimmed/read a few different games on the site, just out of interest. I don't really have meta on anyone yet, though, and it's not something i plan to rely on. Hope that answers your question.
I also have a question for you:
Well I personaly love RvS when it is used properly
How do you use RVS properly? Doesn't it being random make it difficult to make anything of?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soo-pah soo-pah soo-pah-dee-doo...
...Kurious kat wants thoughts from you

Curiously... what exactly was pretty telling already? I'm getting the hint from the bolded that you might have analysed earlier posts in deeper detail... was this in regards to just kary or can you elaborate more here? I always like to dissect hear wonderful things :chuckle:

ALSO are wii going to transform this place into a disco or what??

Screw rap!
Abba's where it's at!

Well..I can tell you that the way Kary reacted to your call-out was more interesting than anything else, and I wanted to use it as a means of pursuit. (S)he had a very good reaction, and I was quite content with her responses.

This is basically the bulk of it, I wanted to pressure him/her into a situation where he/she would respond and I could get a tell of how he/she did. I can go further into detail with my perspective if you want.

I also really liked her motivation to pressure Ranmaru for voting Gheb, even though he's V/LA. I don't agree with the premise of the vote but it screamed to me that he/she is looking more into things, instead of just fluffling posts with unwarranted comments like in his/her newbie game.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So what exactly makes rap skill different than pretty much every other reason that people voted during RVS.
Hey Dark Horse. Hate to interrupt, but I can't help thinking your question sounds rhetorical- what sort of answer are you really expecting?

I don't know where you're going with this train of thought, so I'm wondering whether you're really trying to contribute...

Was there any reason behind your voting Ran in the first place?
Do you think Ran's play so far is suspicious?

Cheers.

also, Unvote: Kataefi

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@Kary

Yes, it does seem like a rhetorical question. The thing is, ran apparently "singled out" rap skill for how it could be distancing, so I'm curious as to why.

I initially voted ran based on things in games that don't exist.
Now, If I wasn't the least bit suspicious, would I be inquisiting him?

I'm curious as to what you're going to do with all these questions.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yes, it does seem like a rhetorical question. The thing is, ran apparently "singled out" rap skill for how it could be distancing, so I'm curious as to why.

I initially voted ran based on things in games that don't exist.
Now, If I wasn't the least bit suspicious, would I be inquisiting him?

I'm curious as to what you're going to do with all these questions.
Hmm okay. I'll let him answer you before I comment any further on that.

Would you be questioning him? Well, no, unless you were mafia trying to fake suspicion. Which, you could be.

I'm just curious as to why, even though there's only a few things that have happened, you chose to comment on what Ran had said. That's all.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
So what exactly is "faking suspicion" and actual scumhunting? It seems like we have different views about it.

Top Bottom