• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EOS2 End of Summer Game Fest at TGP Aug 30 - sept 2nd $500 Garunteed +++

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone,

I am very Happy to annnouce TGP End of Summer Game Fest taking place Aug 30th thru Sept 2nd 2008. This is a fun event over the labor day weekend to say bye to summer and get ready to head back to school, college ect... This event will be at our new location 1608 N Main Ave Scranton PA, 18509 Right off of I-81. Pictures of the new location will be up here soon. We have 11 stations set up at all times with comfortables chairs and also a 20 PC LAN.

Event Costs
Spectator Cost- $2
Entrance Fee for playing in tournaments-$5
Entrance Fee for staying for 1 over night-$15
Entrance fee for stay for two overnights-$25
Entrance fee for staying for entire event- $30

Schedule of events

Fri Aug 31th
Madden 2008- $10/person
UT 2004- $5/person
CS:Source- $15/person 5 vs 5 Cal Rules
Adams Family Pinball- $2/person

Sat Sept 1st
11:00 - 12:00- Registration
12:00- CS 1.6 5 vs 5 $100/team
12:30- SSBM Doubles- $10/team
1:30- Naruto 4- $10/person
3:30- SSBM Singles $15/person
Prize Break Down
1st- $250 + %40 of Remaining Prize pool
2nd-$125 + %20 of Remaining Prize pool
3rd- $75 + %15 of Remiaing Prize pool
4th- $40
5th- $15

6:30- SSBM Low Tier- $5/person

8:30- ** Time permitting** Crews $25/crew

Sun Sept 2nd

1:00- Neo Geo Battle Collosium- $5/person

3:00- Guilty Gear Garunteed $200- $10/person
1st- $150 + %40 of reamaining Prize pool
2nd- $50 + %30 of remaining prize pool
3rd- %15 of remaining prize pool

5:00- SF3rd strike- $10/person $300 Garuntee
1st- $200 + %40 of reamaining Prize pool
2nd- $75 + %30 of remaining prize pool
3rd- %25 of remaining prize pool

6:30- SC3 $10/person

8:00- Marvel vs Capcon 2 $5/person

I hope to see alot of people out for this, the new store is a awesome place for events like these, tons of space, stations and comfort. I will post more specific rules for some of the tournaments below soon.

Thanks

Nick

javiertehperuvian

Smash Rookie
Hey my last name didnt work so i made a new one haha i will def be here for this...me matt L im sure pav and matt E and iron peach lets go and hey you pa guys that complain about your ranking come prove yourself velocity money match 5$? i love you all

Velocity

Smash Lord
Hey my last name didnt work so i made a new one haha i will def be here for this...me matt L im sure pav and matt E and iron peach lets go and hey you pa guys that complain about your ranking come prove yourself velocity money match 5$? i love you all
ill do that, but im on call for work this week so i might not be able to come, try my best

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
AThe first day of the event is Fri Aug 31st(i accidently put fri aug 30th and it won't let me edit it) The new location gives us TONS of space and setups.

Renn

Smash Rookie
I'll be there for the whole event; as per usual. Smash should be interesting this year; hoping to go up against some new players to see how everyone else does.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
yo uhh matt e do u no his last name
and i cant wait to play u ill lose but still i cant wait

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
all u pros i want to play so please message me back im alright u can ask nick if he saw me play but i really want to play other ppl besides my friends here hopefully i can become friends with all of u

Velocity

Smash Lord
see javier doesnt use commas either im not the only so people stop *****ing it really doesnt look like ill be able to make it to this one but ill mm you javier whenever i see you, and i will come to ne thing thats scranton thats put up atleast a couple days in advance of the tourny thats not on that once a month on call wekk that i have ie the week of this tourny

Damon180

Smash Ace
i'll prolly be there with a few. i'll try to bring two setups as well. anyone out there willing to offer a place to stay for the night for like 3 of us? would be much apprecaited :).

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
I am prob housing cape/bre/mow

but i am sure that we can find you something, or you can stay at the store for the event

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I'm there. MM's will be cool, I'll be there for all the tournaments, but smash will be for the most part my center of attention. I hope to see a lot of philly players there, i'll be coming with a couple of my friends.

Players:
HIV+ (me)
GUTS (Anthony)
GZUS (Nick) (possibly)

These names will be remembered ;-)

javiertehperuvian

Smash Rookie
HIV, Guts, and Gzus 5$ money match each ? Nick i will most liekly be there anyone willing to pick me up from penn state? i wont need a ride back

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Possibly. I might be smashed out from going to Evo World, but if I am feeling up to it/can get a ride, I'll be there.

puffball15

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody, im new but me and 3 of my friends are gonna show up there. i think im pretty good and my friends are good but im like expecting you guys to be like GODS compared to us. So live up to your titles. Also i'm gonna be the jigglypuff with a green headband

javiertehperuvian

Smash Rookie
puffball15 wanna money match 5$? eggm i think i said yes to yours i just dont remember i want all best out of 7 =)

The Cape

Smash Master
So I got one from Javi, rules btw?

Who else wants to play me? I am 11th best in the state, its practically free money.

Top Bottom