• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't be short-sighted. If I had been lynched, I'd have wasted the day's lynch, yes. If I'd claimed my role, I'd have been nightkilled. That's weighed against never getting to use a PR, and the possibility of using it multiple times before I die or before the end of the game.
Oh yeah. You survived as not hider, so that means you should put out today, Nabe. Claim your role and results.

Also, in your analysis, you forgot to mention that I voted you before Swords started the Circus wagon. Consider that I was content with the Circus wagon, yet I pushed really hard for you afterwards because I had you as a priority before Circus, and still wanted you. Also consider that we got an extra day due to J's replacement, so I thought I'd use the extra time to be productive.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
sunlight comes up over the streets. three dead bodies is a lot, even for this town.

YO

DO NOT RUSH THE DAY

no, I don't care.

and besides, I need to tear all y'all a new one for LYNCHING OBVTOWN HILT, THE HELL?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Oh yeah. You survived as not hider, so that means you should put out today, Nabe. Claim your role and results.

Also, in your analysis, you forgot to mention that I voted you before Swords started the Circus wagon. Consider that I was content with the Circus wagon, yet I pushed really hard for you afterwards because I had you as a priority before Circus, and still wanted you. Also consider that we got an extra day due to J's replacement, so I thought I'd use the extra time to be productive.
If I'm still the lynch at the end of the Day, I'll claim role and target. You already know the results.

In my analysis, I definitely mentioned that you voted me before that. It's bolded in the votecount, and I make reference to it in one my written bits :bee:

Is that when we got the extra day?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I said that to mostly say 'do what you think is best'. Why do you ask?

Also, I was voting Circus until Marshy announced we had the new day. :p

#HBC | Nabe

After the deadline extension:
I think I'm starting to like Swords more, but I absolutely HATE that he's giving players passes for activity and throwing suspicion towards players who aren't necessarily as active. I think it's a great way to get people to talk though, don't get me wrong, but I still think Kat needs to get plowed.

Circus, I really do need to reread him, but I don't see him as a big presence this game and thus his alignment can go either way. That being said, I have no qualms getting my hands dirty with him if he doesn't put out a strong direction before time's up.

Nabe is hard to read. I don't like that he's not sharing his thoughts more with everyone else so that he has more credibility and force behind his vote. He was also an empty presence early game. I don't want to see Nabe go too soon because I think Nabe is a baller G, but I wouldn't be against his lynch on the premise that he sits in a similar boat with Circaderka.

I figure I'll just drop a note regarding Rockin while I'm here: I actually liked Rockin's interaction with Kataefi and don't see them as being a scum pair. I'd be willing to compromise on him ONLY if Kat is guaranteed to get hardbodied tomorrow upon TownRockin flip. Like, straight up maul him bear style to oblivion. The only reason why I'd be willing to compromise on Rockin at this point though is because Rockin has been pretty inactive and it has hurt my read on his slot.
Then, 8 posts later on the same page:
Vote: Nabe
This is not scumteam behaviour. Ran was the first vote on me, but Bard is the one who builds the momentum:
Soup, if we're looking at a de facto lynch and we have to get our hands dirty, then I have to say that Nabe isn't a bad option, and we can at least expect content from Circus whereas Nabe is on a high horse and won't respond to accusations or share his thoughts.
I want a list of reads from you and for you to out actual content.
Went to grab food. @Sword - I can compromise on Rockin if need be but Nabe looks more appetizing.
Nabe, looking over your posts, if you're not scum, I'm unimpressed with your ego. I hope you don't think the lot of us are intellectually inferior because, if you do, you made the crucial mistake of letting that kind of behavior slip.
We need a lynch. While there are 4 votes on Circus, we can easily swing to Nabe. That being said, I think we should swing at Nabe and provide him a monster of a curb stomping.

Main points against Nabe are that he doesn't explain himself and his actions, he's on a high horse, and all he does is point the finger while remaining inactive up until the bitter end of the day when his lynch is forseeable. He's also trying to push for Circus, whom while inactive and also in need of a hardbodying, is an easy target. We can actually EXPECT him to provide content instead of non-credible pushes and pointing the finger from the likes of Nabe, which means we'll subsequently get a better read on Circus.

I understand the Rockin sentiments, but I have a good feeling about Rockin. His earlier scum hunting felt genuine. I mean, the Kary vote was off, I don't really know what to say about that, but his interpretation of Kataefi's slot is spot on. But again, I really think Nabe is the best play.

Let's hardbody this dude.

Vote: Nabe

[picture of a curbstomp]

If Bard is scum with me, this is some pretty HARD bussing. We get an extra 24 hour extension, and my scumbuddy goes straight to a bus? I ask you.

#HBC | Nabe

I said that to mostly say 'do what you think is best'. Why do you ask?

Also, I was voting Circus until Marshy announced we had the new day. :p
But that's completely useless. If the hider hadn't already crumbed, he certainly wasn't going to do it after being asked by you, as doing so would just point the crumb out for scum.

Acknowledged on the deadline point.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
sunlight comes up over the streets. three dead bodies is a lot, even for this town.

YO

DO NOT RUSH THE DAY

no, I don't care.

and besides, I need to tear all y'all a new one for LYNCHING OBVTOWN HILT, THE HELL?
That guy was not obvi town at all. >_>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But that's completely useless. If the hider hadn't already crumbed, he certainly wasn't going to do it after being asked by you, as doing so would just point the crumb out for scum.

Acknowledged on the deadline point.
That was my reaction to forgetting about the hypoclaim. I should have said "Hopefully you have crumbed" because if we didn't hypoclaim, then he would have to crumb for that plan.

Ok.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Rockin if you wanna question my read on Hilt go ahead. I might question yours later, but my post you quote there was more about the 5 or so people on the waggon who suddenly found a dislike for Hilt.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
no-one shoots, and no-one gets hurt

Rockin if you wanna question my read on Hilt go ahead. I might question yours later, but my post you quote there was more about the 5 or so people on the waggon who suddenly found a dislike for Hilt.

[[EBWOP: flavour]]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Other players I wanted to address were PJB and Rockin. I feel both are in the same boat as far as activity and commitment, but they are different players with different mindsets. The feeling I get from PJB when he's pushing me is that he's being assertive about it. Instead of backing down with being questioned, he's stuck with his vote on me. I actually like this kind of behavior from him because it tells me that he's more interested in pursuing his scum-reads instead of just trying to 'find the right play.' Content aside from there might be sparse, but I also know he's not the most active. Rockin, however, feels completely different and I don't get that feeling. Just because something is an 'easy push' doesn't mean that it isn't worth pushing. I haven't cared for Rockin this whole game and I certainly don't care for him now.
Soup, you mention a like of PJB here. You then mention that you are uncertain about PJB. Can you show any differences in these reads?

I find myself uncertain on Ranmaru and PJB, in fact this feeling has been more justified as of late. Ranmaru seems far too anxious both today and yesterday. I wanted to believe that my meta was enough to suffice, but I don't believe this is the case anymore. This anxiousness is not of town either, it's just like he's happy with flopping his vote anywhere, and then instead of substantiating reasoning, he calls and buddies everyone he knows. It's kind of odd because I was looking at this like the complete opposite before, but now I feel different because it doesn't seem like it has a reason. I don't feel Ranmaru's jump on Nabe has a reason, other than to get a lynch. PJB is a sinking feeling also, but something not nearly looked into.

Everyone give their insight about yesterday's wagon, and if you believe scum was on it (BESIDES BARDULL).
Underlined, can you go further into this? Why did PJB come up in your head, then?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
take a stand, or stand for nothing at all. you won't be the first.

While I'm here, I should make it clear.

If you wanna lynch Nabe without some sort of claim/counter-claim going down, you're going to have to go through me.

I don't care about him lying. It's an open setup and you have to look at the damn facts.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Nabe could've done the same thing by claiming Vanilla townie. I'm not going to buy his bull**** and neither should anyone else. I'm being serious. TOWN HAS NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO DO WHAT NABE DID. I do not care. No.

We're going to lynch Nabe and that is final.

So I suggest we move onto a different topic; like finding out who the third scum is.

Seriously people.
Yeah....yeah he does have a pro town reason to do what he did, it would be foolish to say absolutely no pro town reason.

If he is one of the PRs it makes even more sense.

Just got home and read this, gonna talk to Rake then come to a gameplan.

Oh and PJB needs to die. Like really bad.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually agree on PJB dying. Death Bear, I want you to talk to me about soup.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount 2.04
nabe (3) - kataefi pjb death bear
not voting (6) - soup rockin death ranmaru circus nabe kary

voting log
soup ->
pjb -> nabe
rockin ->
death bear -> nabe
ranmaru -> nabe -> none
circus ->
nabe ->
kataefi -> nabe
kary ->

with 9 ballin it takes 5 to hardbody. deadline is 3/29 11:59:59 pm est

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
PJB, how is your read progressing on Kat?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
inb4 harlem shake and imma not click it xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So after reading over it half a dozen times, trying to make heads or tails of it, I decided I don't think swordVsoup are aligned afterall. For now, I'm fine with swords, but soup smells kind of fishy.

vote: soup

Soup, you said your interaction with swords was muddied by your whole misunderstanding him, but that it wasn't completely based on your misinformation, and was still fruitful. What was your other reason for pushing sword, and what did you gain from it?
This doesn't seem like an accusation, but more like questioning to gain a read. This doesn't line up with PJB's vote on Soup.

This seems like PJB making up reasons as he goes. Now, his next point is that Soup was saying that he had 'other points', but how could PJB know he meant that from that single word, 'busted?' Simple, he didn't. He was trying to make it out to be that way.

In my #317 I ask PJB to clarify the 'phrasing' that he felt was odd coming from Soup. He responds quickly, and I realize that Soup had already responded to his accusations. Soup's response is here: #306 This shows that PJB was active in the thread, yet hadn't even followed up with his own scumhunting.

PAGES LATER... HE COMES BACK!

I'm happy with the way soup has responded to me thus far, and I'm willing to write off the earlier responses that I questioned as a misunderstanding for now.
Underlined, he seems to be ok with the response. A few pages later. He didn't even respond to Soup's rebuttal. I mean if he's ok with it, he could at least explain how it makes sense to him. This response just seems manufactured, as if he had to drop the soup read.

He explains why he dropped Kat, but he doesn't really explain his progressed read on Soup. It's totally ok! #737

Now then.

I ask him this:

Nabe, convince me not to vote you.
So, did he convince you by now? Also explain how he did or didn't. Then follow up with a vote.
And he responds:

Not really convinced. Kinda thought Nabe was gonna give us something that would blow our minds, but I'm left unimpressed.

His play just feels like "look at me! I'm SOOOO inconspicuous." I could live without him. Where's he at in the votecount?
nvm, lazy me, there's a votecount up there already that hasn't really changed.

unvote
Vote: nabe
Notice how he wasn't actively voting Nabe due to him not 'convincing' him. He only did so because I asked him about the statement he made, which was "Nabe, convince me not to vote you". That already shows that PJB was already convinced in voting Nabe, but there is no reasoning from PJB being 'convinced'. It just seems to me that he already was set on joining the Nabe wagon, but makes the mistake of doing this without really showing his discontent with Nabe beforehand. Then he puts himself in a trap, "Oh, I wasn't convinced, I thought he was going to blow our minds, so I'mma vote nab". I mean, he only did so after I asked him, so again with the backseat scumhunting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To put it simply:

• His original 'accusation' was more of a question to garner a read than an accusation
  • He faked the reasoning for his soup stance in his favor, that being soup used the word to mean that he had more points, but implied. Yet how did PJB know?
  • He didn't follow up with Soup's response
  • He drops his read of Soup and says he is content with his response, without even evaluating it.
  • He tells Nabe to convince him NOT TO VOTE HIM, as if he is already convinced
  • There was no such build up to being convinced in thread.
  • This happened after Bardull voted Nabe.
Unvote Vote: PJB

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Nothing you just said indicated me being scum. Why does any of that make me scum, instead of just a townie who is taking his time, and isn't very interested in this game? Like, none of your points show that I'm not scumhunting, it's just you saying I'm lazy, which is accurate. Why is me being lazy scummy? It's not like the timing of anything I did affected the game in a way that benefited me, or my supposed scumteam.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Getting at this. I want to read again. I'm not busy right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

There really isn't anything specifically telling earlier on. I was reading up to about page 7 (40ppp) and not really anything worth talking about. I was thinking about asking you about your Preemptive Bardull read earlier on (#91) Ranmaru, because it came to mind.

Get used to this style of talking before you complain, it helps me assert my thoughts.

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually, scratch that thought.

Bardull said:
It was RVS.

Ran, are you going to end up reading me as scum this game too? >_>;. Looking at other players so far, i.e. Nabe, there are plenty of people who made similar votes/posts in accordance with my own, so your pressing against my slot feels arbitrarily contrived, but I don't see it as scummy unless you think I'm an easy player to lynch.[/b]
Weird call-out on Nabe here. Not warranted nor something a partner would do. Nabe wasn't being pushed at the time. I want to focus on the bolded however.

You've got me here, I don't see anything sinister about posting a Napoleon Dynamite picture followed by a vote on Kuzi, this feels like textbook grasping.
I mean, I'm looking back at J's/Kataefi's/Nabe's votes, and all of them look just like mine. I would be more content with your vote selection if you hadn't tried to justify it, but you've got me curious.
I'm also curious as to why you had no qualms with J at that stage of the game when J wasn't well substantiated. Or Kuzi for that matter. In your own words, you say they're fine, but why?
If I had to place a vote down right now, it would certainly be here:
Vote: Ranmaru
This is actually pretty weird. Bardull implies a similarity to J/Kat and Nabe's vote, to justify himself after Ranmaru votes him. This really feels like an appeal to me, even more so with his first line. The need to vote Ranmaru too is pretty alarming, considering that nobody would take Ranmaru seriously at the time. Overreaction? Distancing? This is why I brought it up. I want people to talk about it.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
I haven't read into it, but I'd say he was more biding time than anything. If he was really certain on Ran, he wouldn't have been so easy to just jump to wagon after wagon. I'll look into his vote-logs; could you reference where he was pushing Ran? I don't even recall this.
Your actually at that point with your latest post, you'll notice later on ,Bard continuously kind of brings up Ran here or there like it's something of note. But never goes much further than to bring Ran up in the context of the real focus of Bardull's post.

WRT you latest post soup, I feel like Bardull's post was a little grandois to be bussing in that perticular instance. If anything I feel like he tried to over justify himself in order to vote Ran.

I'll try to bring up some Bard quotes and show what I mean.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru wrote a lengthy response to the above but it's not worth going into. The only thing to note is a dismissal of Bardull suddenly and Ranmaru just calling it RVS after all that.

However, this seems to just go their separate ways and Bardull drops this read completely he had prior without even going into as to why. Responses are bare minimum and I can't shake this feeling that Bardull was appealing more than distancing. The feeling might be mutual but the way Bardull responds doesn't seem like a partner at all. The point of distancing is to do just that, and I'd think even if Bardull was faking a scum-read on his partner, he wouldn't be so sudden to just drop it. Read his post #455.

#HBC | ѕoup

if anything I feel like he tried to over justify himself in order to vote Ran.
That's how I feel too really. Do you think their interactions is enough to clear Ranmaru?

#HBC | ѕoup

PJB, I don't know what you're doing this game. I don't understand how you're so certain on some things yet you're fine with just letting it be and not pushing them. I'm reading again and I just get this general feeling of you being there, but not really being there. There's a ton of subjects you're willing to talk about and try to look like you're doing something, but when it comes down to it I don't know where you reach conclusions. You were wrong on reading me. That's fine. You just dropped it though and never mentioned it again. Why? What about Kat too? Not exactly the same instance here but once you latched onto scum-reading him, you just twiddled your thumbs and felt like you didn't have to do anything but that. You even literally make one post that says "Kat dead yet?" This isn't the same as Kuz either before you think I'm just trying the same argument, Kuz is dead and he was V/LA. You're not and you've had plenty of time to explain yourself. What are your reads? How are you reading Kat prior to the Hilt flip? Has anything changed for you?

#HBC | ѕoup

How do we go from:

I'd be willing to lynch
Kat, and probably J or Nabe

I might be willing to compromise to Kuz, but I'd want to see some kind of case

I wouldn't lynch anyone else at this point.
to

Kataefi dead yet?
to

Nabe, convince me not to vote you.
AND FINALLY
nvm, lazy me, there's a votecount up there already that hasn't really changed.

unvote
Vote: nabe
PJB what the **** was going through your head here these are all in order as we were trying to get a lynch, what convinced you of Nabe so suddenly? This is ****ing terrible.

Vote: PJB

#HBC | ѕoup

If your response is "hurr deadline scrambling 4 votes" I'm lynching you.

#HBC | ѕoup

cuz it's obvious nobody is going for Kat today, and even I'm beginning to question whether or not he's a good lynch. My lynchpicks for today were kat, j and nabe. J was only a pick because he was being completely and utterly useless and impossible to read, but he's gone now. So that leaves Nabe. It's not opportunistic at all, it's becoming obvious that the day is going to either a circus lynch or a nabe lynch, and i don't like the circus lynch idea at all, so naturally it's Nabe. I waited, because he was actually posting, so I wanted to see what he posted before I threw my vote in.
Why are you content with this or perhaps why were you?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
That's how I feel too really. Do you think their interactions is enough to clear Ranmaru?
I think clear is too strong for how Ranmaru himself has been playing.

However, I will say that I feel like ScumBardull would have a much easier time voting his scum-mate Ran over something like this (being the non-telling opening post which Ran was after him on), in that Bardull would know Ran was scum , so he wouldn't have to dedicate paragraph upon paragraph on how "off" Ran is, or how equivalent other slots vote's were to his own and would have just been able to say something like : That's a double standard, Ran, look at X or Y's vote, your doing this as scum for X and Y reasosn > immediate vote. It felt like Bardull spent ages getting to the point of voting Ran in that longer post he made.

I feel like Bardull would have to over justify himself because Ran is usually very easy to read as town, and he tells quite hard, Bardull knowing that Ran can tell that way and quickly become a town read, would need over justify himself to stick for Ran, and when Ran starts being more considered town; he can drop off the heavy suspicion and join the people who are going : "Yeah, that's Ran".

What do you think Soup ?

I kinda feel like I'm giving Ranmaru too much credit for my own read on him. I realize the above si quite wifomy, but it's pretty much my reasoning behind Ran's position on my catch-up would lynch list.

Tl;dr : Not clear , but not worth as much time as other slots toDay. IMO

#HBC | ѕoup

I'll think about it later dependent on how PJB responds.

Top Bottom