• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
That's not true at all. Nabe would be walking into a death-trap. Why would he risk this? He's already blunt;y claimed that he has underlying information.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
ISO'd Bardull:

Will lynch: Nabe;PJB;
Not likely: Kata(iffy interactions with Bardull;); Soupa; Ran(Bardull spent entirely too much time here for me to read it as scum at this point)
Nope: Rockin;

Anyone else is a toss up until I read responses

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
We could say that scum decided to kill him due to how inactive he was. There's also a slight possibility that Kuz hid behind the wrong player.
the setup
  • 3 mafia goons
  • 7 vanilla townies
  • 1 tracker/vigilante
  • 1 hider
  • 1 detective/psychologist
Unless you're suggesting that Bard was the mafia kill, there is literally only one way for it to have happened. In other words, this shouldn't be a topic of conversation anymore.

Now look soup, regardless of what you say so as to defend Nabe, he is going to be lynched. As town, he has no reason to lie.
There's at least one reason.

@Town in general, do not dare quicklynch when there's been such a fruitful lynch to discuss.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Soup , I disagree with your Ran ideal; Pushing the same reasoning you are; Do you think Bardull as scum spends that much time trying to get a lynch on Ran ? Especially interaction wise ?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Eh.

We could say that scum decided to kill him due to how inactive he was. There's also a slight possibility that Kuz hid behind the wrong player.
Now look soup, regardless of what you say so as to defend Nabe, he is going to be lynched. As town, he has no reason to lie.
it's not a slight possibility, it's the only possibility. There's 3 dead bodies from night alone. The only way that can happen is ScumKill, VigKill, Hider mishap. Scum couldn't have targeted Kuz, cuz there's no way Sword could have died in that case.

#HBC | Nabe

Fix your avatar, Rake.

@Reasoning: As scum, by fakeclaiming hider I couldn't have expected to prolong my life by a day. The odds of the hider being an inactive player weren't high; optimal hiders play high-profile so that they become NK targets. So the only reason I could've had as scum to claim hider would be to bait a CC -- but why would I have done that either? Hider is unkillable until you kill its target or it targets scum, so knowing who the hider is wouldn't help the hypothetical scumbuddies who followed in my wake.

To balance that, I've given my actual reasoning. I didn't want to eat an NK. Again, the risk here was of a hider CC, but if they did, they would still survive, so no harm to town, and I would die either of NK (after claiming my actual role) or of lynch (by people not believing me).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Anyway, enough about night actions.

Nabe obviously needs to go, his claim is a lie. Townies shouldn't lie with their claims, because this is what happens. I don't even see a reason to believe he's a townie who lied to save his butt, why do that? What if Kuz came out of inactivity to counterclaim him? No, that's dumb, there's no way that was some townie's master plan. That's scum cleverly wiggling out of a lynch, and then getting exposed as a liar by night actions.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.

But why were you afraid of eating a NK.

And yeah I'll get on it after I play way too much League for my own good

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So as a town PR, you're saying you were willing to possibly get into a counterclaiming scenario with another town PR, leaving us to choose between 2 town PRs for the lynch? That's.. horrible.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Side note;

This reminds me of NabeScum from Toonami Mafia.

Not sure if I'm letting the similarties cloud my vision.

PJB: Discuss this probability with me. You too Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup , I disagree with your Ran ideal; Pushing the same reasoning you are; Do you think Bardull as scum spends that much time trying to get a lynch on Ran ? Especially interaction wise ?
I haven't read into it, but I'd say he was more biding time than anything. If he was really certain on Ran, he wouldn't have been so easy to just jump to wagon after wagon. I'll look into his vote-logs; could you reference where he was pushing Ran? I don't even recall this.

#HBC | ѕoup

Anyway, enough about night actions.

Nabe obviously needs to go, his claim is a lie. Townies shouldn't lie with their claims, because this is what happens. I don't even see a reason to believe he's a townie who lied to save his butt, why do that? What if Kuz came out of inactivity to counterclaim him? No, that's dumb, there's no way that was some townie's master plan. That's scum cleverly wiggling out of a lynch, and then getting exposed as a liar by night actions.
Nabe flips town and Isn't lying. What's your plan?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount 2.03
nabe (3) - kataefi pjb death bear
not voting (6) - soup rockin death ranmaru circus nabe kary

voting log
soup ->
pjb -> nabe
rockin ->
death bear -> nabe
ranmaru -> nabe ->
circus ->
nabe ->
kataefi -> nabe
kary ->

with 9 ballin it takes 5 to hardbody. deadline is 3/29 11:59:59 pm est

#HBC | ѕoup

bardull -> kuz -> ranmaru -> kataefi -> nabe -> none -> kataefi -> hilt
He voted Ran once. Wasn't this in his first catch-up? Odd how he jumped on Kat twice however. I'm doing this lazy because it's late and I'm doing other things.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I absolutely thought the same thing. It's like, the exact same scenario. Nabe makes bad claim, soup defends him for reasons most of us can't understand.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I mean, it's not like Nabe was such a great slot, soup. He was gonna get lynched, and he's only still alive because of his claim. Now we know his claim is a lie, and he's making another bad claim to keep himself alive longer. Why do we need him again, when all he does is muddy the waters?

#HBC | ѕoup

"He's gonna get lynched"

No, rephrase that. What you're trying to say is "I'm too much of a lazy **** and I just want a lynch. I don't care if he's town, he fake-claimed therefore my lack of initative is justified."

#HBC | Nabe

votecount 1.10
kuz (1) - circus
rockin (1) - kary
ranmaru (2) - j kuz
kary (1) - rockin
kataefi (2) - pjb bardull
bardull (3) - kataefi sworddancer. nabe
j (1) - hilt
nabe (1) - ranmaru
not voting (1) - soup

voting log
soup -> j -> none
pjb -> soup -> none -> kataefi
rockin -> sworddancer. -> kary
j -> circus -> ranmaru
ranmaru -> j -> rockin -> sworddancer. -> kuz -> nabe
circus -> kuz
sworddancer. -> j -> none -> ranmaru -> none -> bardull
nabe -> circus -> bardull
kuz -> j -> soup -> ranmaru
kataefi -> kuz -> sworddancer. -> ranmaru -> bardull
hilt -> bardull -> kataefi -> j
kary -> hilt -> rockin
bardull -> kuz -> ranmaru -> kataefi

d1 ends 3/15 11:59:59 pm est
Will lynch: Nabe, Circus, Kuz, J
Compromise: PJB, Bardull, Rockin, Hilt
Will not lynch: Soup, Kat, Swords, Kary
vote: Circus

Would be willing to lynch:
J, Kuzi, Nabe (sorry bro, despite how chilled out you seem [which is townie, in a small way] your just too unreadable right now), Circus
Would be willing to compromise on:
BarDull (last minute save keeps him off my main scum list), Rockin, maybe PJB, maybe Kat?
Would not be willing to lynch:
everyone else by the sole process of elimination
Ok Nabe. Can you go into your Circus and Hilt scumpects? Also, can you vote Circus? I'd rather go that way since Swords is already voting him.

Unvote Vote: Circus
There are three votes on Bard, though. What's your read there?
Null. I would only lynch him on compromise. Come aboard the Circus wagon. You said you would want to lynch 'em.
This was where the Bard wagon went south, all in one page.

#problemswithRan

The thing is, with a more critical eye I have to admit Swords started it. My heavy suspicion of the pair here was due to Swords switching to Circus without any reasoning, and Ran following and being eager to get me aboard. I'm still suspicious of Ran for what could have been opportunism, especially since I don't understand why he was voting me to begin with.

Ok Circus. I'm not interested in Kuz. I'd rather you tell me an option.

Unvote Vote: Nabe

Look at #540. It looks like Nabe trying to lightly paint a connection on Swords, yet I think it's possible Swords may be his scum buddy. Thing is, the accusation from Nabe just seems weak, and it seems light enough that it can be some sort of distraction. I also found it odd Swords didn't really vote Nabe along with me. Need to re-read Swords. Soup too. Soup is a different story though. I am putting him to slight town lean for now, because I am conflicted as to whether his waiting on Kuz and others is legit, or is him playing well as scum.

I think it would be good to re-read Soup's interaction's with Swords, and look at why he really was going at Swords.

Soup, what is your opinion on Nabe? Also, why wasn't I in your list? What is your opinion of me, I don't know if you ever gave one after the rvs shenanigans.
A page later, Ran decided the Circus wagon was no good and switched his vote back to me, citing new reasoning as the cause of the switch. Again, I thought this was because the heat was off of Bard, who had been looking like a sure thing. It also ended up being an opportunity to infuse my lynch with new blood, even though the evidence Ran brought to the table here was weak at best.

#HBC | ѕoup

Scenario A:

Nabe is town and isn't lying. You just outed a PR ripe for a kill.

Scenario B:

Nabe is scum and is lying. You just outed a PR ripe for a kill.

Lynching Nabe here would be foolish even if he were scum, if he's lying he's going to have to give out information sometime, and keeping him around on the basis of him being town is even better. Why are you ignoring this point? Are you waiting for someone to CC him?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
"He's gonna get lynched" because he was already a scummy slot, who is only alive because of his claim. Now that we know his claim is a lie, we are left with the knowledge that he is a scummy slot who lies. Why would we keep that guy around again?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Nabe could've done the same thing by claiming Vanilla townie. I'm not going to buy his bull**** and neither should anyone else. I'm being serious. TOWN HAS NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO DO WHAT NABE DID. I do not care. No.

We're going to lynch Nabe and that is final.

So I suggest we move onto a different topic; like finding out who the third scum is.

Seriously people.

#HBC | ѕoup

I find myself laughing at the irony that I about to join this wagon. Then I woke up.

#HBC | ѕoup

Nabe could've done the same thing by claiming Vanilla townie. I'm not going to buy his bull**** and neither should anyone else. I'm being serious. TOWN HAS NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO DO WHAT NABE DID. I do not care. No.

So I suggest we move onto a different topic; like finding out who the third scum is.

Seriously people.
Nabe, Town PR has been lynched!

'oh whoops sorry guys'

Nabe, Mafia scum fakeclaimer has been lynched!

'oh whoops sorry guys'

#HBC | Nabe

So as a town PR, you're saying you were willing to possibly get into a counterclaiming scenario with another town PR, leaving us to choose between 2 town PRs for the lynch? That's.. horrible.
Don't be ignorant. Policy is to lynch the original claimant, not the CC. And I would never have argued that I was the hider given the CC -- it's a choice between me or another lynch, not the actual hider.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rockin, do you think my defiance to lynch Nabe makes me his partner in your eyes, or would I just roll with how bad it looks for Nabe? Consider this if you want to talk about a scum being about.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Soup, he's going to be giving us information that we shouldn't trust. Keeping him around is just muddying the waters. Maybe instead of keeping him around because "hurr durr his night actions might be useful" you should just read everyone the old fashioned way. If Nabe is lying town, there's no shame in chalking his death up to bad play, because he's certainly not a slot I have any reason to trust.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin, do you think my defiance to lynch Nabe makes me his partner in your eyes, or would I just roll with how bad it looks for Nabe? Consider this if you want to talk about a scum being about.

I'm not even going to give it a response.

You'll know when it happens.

#HBC | ѕoup

This isn't bad play, as either alignment. He avoided his lynch and secured his own protection with that claim. Either way he knew getting lynched would be costly. Please tell me who his partner is.

#HBC | Nabe

Seriously people.
If I claim hider: Scum says "he's hider, we can't kill him" and doesn't target me.
If I claim my role: Scum kills me.
If I claim vanilla townie: I get lynched, acknowledging that obviously my play didn't save me from claiming in the first place.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Don't be ignorant. Policy is to lynch the original claimant, not the CC. And I would never have argued that I was the hider given the CC -- it's a choice between me or another lynch, not the actual hider.
That's stupid though. If we lynched the original claimant, we'd still be lynching you, the supposed townie who lied about his claim. Personally, I'd rather let the mafia kill me instead of tricking the town into wasting a lynch on me for no reason.

#HBC | Nabe

That's stupid though. If we lynched the original claimant, we'd still be lynching you, the supposed townie who lied about his claim. Personally, I'd rather let the mafia kill me instead of tricking the town into wasting a lynch on me for no reason.
Versus a night to get my ability off? Nope.

#HBC | Nabe

Don't be short-sighted. If I had been lynched, I'd have wasted the day's lynch, yes. If I'd claimed my role, I'd have been nightkilled. That's weighed against never getting to use a PR, and the possibility of using it multiple times before I die or before the end of the game.

Top Bottom