• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter Entrances!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Of course you don't wish he didn't do updates at all, you're just saying that to seem "cool" or whatever. Or you could have some really personal vendetta against people that complain? In which case, maybe YOU need to chill out.

Yes. I want to be perceived as "cool" on an online forum.... :rolleyes:

No. I'm sick of people complaining every single chance they get.

Being negative for no reason. Be happy you get updates at all.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
not a cool update to end the week....
i really can't wait two days....*sign*:urg:
but i guess it would be better if it was a Ness update

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Yes. I want to be perceived as "cool" on an online forum.... :rolleyes:

No. I'm sick of people complaining every single chance they get.

Being negative for no reason. Be happy you get updates at all.
And those are the type of reasonings that frustrate me. Of course people are going to complain about things, if not, there would be little conversation. Conflict breeds conversation. If everyone agreed on everything there wouldn't be much to talk about.

And theres that "Be happy you get updates at all" type line again. If someone gave you a shirt for Christmas and you don't really like shirts, are you happy? Are you REALLY happy? Probably not. I'm not going to lie to myself or you people and say I like these updates.

Perhaps it would have been better had E for All not occured, JUST so YOU wouldn't have to put up with people complaining about the already known updates?

You see how selfish something like that sounds? If you don't like someone's dissent, you're free not to engage in conversation with them.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I think the saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" applies here,
and "Beating a dead horse" probably applies too.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
What's the point in complaining? The update won't change. Neither will the next few week's worth. You've got to remember, these things are planned out MONTHS ahead of time. They might not have even had any plans for E for All when Sakurai made this update.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I like Link's entrance ok I guess but I wish there was abit more to it. Riding in on Epona or running in as Wolf Link and turning into Link would have been cooler.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
And those are the type of reasonings that frustrate me. Of course people are going to complain about things, if not, there would be little conversation. Conflict breeds conversation. If everyone agreed on everything there wouldn't be much to talk about.

And theres that "Be happy you get updates at all" type line again. If someone gave you a shirt for Christmas and you don't really like shirts, are you happy? Are you REALLY happy? Probably not. I'm not going to lie to myself or you people and say I like these updates.

Perhaps it would have been better had E for All not occured, JUST so YOU wouldn't have to put up with people complaining about the already known updates?

You see how selfish something like that sounds? If you don't like someone's dissent, you're free not to engage in conversation with them.
I really can't see how you can say I sound selfish.. Being grateful = being selfish?

Seriously look at yourself.

Plus, most games don't even have updates. Just like most people in the world don't get presents for Christmas. But you act like you're ENTITLED to receive presents/video game updates.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I really can't see how you can say I sound selfish..

Seriously look at yourself.

Plus, most games don't even have updates. Just like most people in the world don't get presents for Christmas. But you act like you're ENTITLED to receive presents/video game updates.
*Sigh* This isn't "most games", this is brawl. We have now, several months of updates to weigh against each other, trends we've been seeing, and good updates and bad ones. This didn't just "suddenly happen".

I'm expressing my displeasure at this update, given other trends that have served the purpose of updates somewhat better. A recent example, Dedede special moves on Friday? Good. Team update on Friday? Good (lots of speculation and such) Character Intros? Not so good at all.

The fact you're calling me childish for complaining when establish facts conspire to make this update seem extremely lame compared to many, if not almost ALL others is unusual. Not every update is like a great gift from heaven, and this one feels almost like a punishment to me.

I only complain because I can tell I will love this game and can barely stand the waiting, and the updates that dont hype me only serve to remind me theres still a long number of hours to be waited.

Till the next irritating update, then.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
*Sigh* This isn't "most games", this is brawl. We have now, several months of updates to weigh against each other, trends we've been seeing, and good updates and bad ones. This didn't just "suddenly happen".
Sorry to break it to you, but this IS "most games". It's just another game like Halo, or Bioshock, or even Starcraft. But the ONLY thing that really differentiate Brawl from the others is that Brawl HAS regular updates. And that's the only real difference. It's just a game. It's not "life". Nintendo's career doesn't depend on it. They could just settle with Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and a new Zelda game, and they would still sell. They seriously don't need Super Smash Bros. It's just some extra income.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait until Brawl comes out, but my life surely doesn't depend on it, and I most definitely don't "need" Brawl.

EDIT:

Okay, I really need to relativate this now.

Let's say Sakurai DOES come out with good or excellent updates for a while. But, after a while, surely the good updates just run out. What next? Do we need to wait for Brawl while we get treated with only lame updates until release? Do you want that?

To say it blunt, are you really THAT stupid to want leave the "bad" updates for last, the updates you get until Brawl comes out? Do you really WANT to actually wait for Brawl without getting some interesting updates to keep you "hyped"?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

I'm expressing my displeasure at this update, given other trends that have served the purpose of updates somewhat better. A recent example, Dedede special moves on Friday? Good. Team update on Friday? Good (lots of speculation and such) Character Intros? Not so good at all.

The fact you're calling me childish for complaining when establish facts conspire to make this update seem extremely lame compared to many, if not almost ALL others is unusual. Not every update is like a great gift from heaven, and this one feels almost like a punishment to me.

I only complain because I can tell I will love this game and can barely stand the waiting, and the updates that dont hype me only serve to remind me theres still a long number of hours to be waited.

Till the next irritating update, then.

Sounds like you don't have much to do elsewhere. Plus you act like everyone in the world has electricity and a nice home to live in. Oh wait, many don't. So stop complaining that your not out in the field cutting crops for a mear dollar an hour.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
lemon drop nd gary need 2 freaken chill jeez a guy can be dissapointed with w.e update he wants if hes more of a hardcore fan then u then shut ur mouth nd yes brawl is heavily relied on its the wii's trademark game as halo 2 was 4 xbox or melee 4 gamecube *******sses

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Sounds like you don't have much to do elsewhere. Plus you act like everyone in the world has electricity and a nice home to live in. Oh wait, many don't. So stop complaining that your not out in the field cutting crops for a mear dollar an hour.
Do YOU live in a home with electricity? Seems like you do, if you're posting here. I also wouldnt be complaining if I was out in the field cutting crops because I would be caring about my survival, not some electronic game. But, as circumstances are, I am here, I have my own job and friends, and am free to complain about a game that I won't be playing for around 3 months if I feel like it.

I can't believe you'd make me justify everyone else in the entire world before complaining about this game. That's such a good argument, and totally doesn't make you sound like someone straining to come up for a reason to bash me.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Mic_128 i think i get a cookie for you closing me thread way back when the snake update was there and i said entrances were back u said no a nd locked my threadd :(

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
lemon drop nd gary need 2 freaken chill jeez a guy can be dissapointed with w.e update he wants if hes more of a hardcore fan then u then shut ur mouth nd yes brawl is heavily relied on its the wii's trademark game as halo 2 was 4 xbox or melee 4 gamecube *******sses
The point I'm making is, that person is bashing others because that person can't put a sock in. I am really getting ticked off at people who simply come on a thread and ***** about how ****ing suck the update is.

If you think the update sucks, then don't post about it. Especially not with more than two lines.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The point I'm making is, that person is bashing others because that person can't put a sock in. I am really getting ticked off at people who simply come on a thread and ***** about how ****ing suck the update is.

If you think the update sucks, then don't post about it. Especially not with more than two lines.
If anyone listened to you this forum would be intensely boring. Thousands of topics filled with "oh yes, I agree with you. Yes, Sakurais update is the best thing ever. Oh, this update today, Character Introductions? Even better than Sonic, or Stage Creation for that matter".

Things can't move forward without people challenging other peoples beliefs on what is good and what isn't. And if you're so tweaked because you find people complaining annoying, you don't have to read the update threads, much less RESPOND to them. Do you expect to just come into a topic and see a gushing of praise for every scrap that leave's Sakurais table? THAT is quite sickening.

And what, you would prefer more consise complaining? Why is that? Just a random splurge of fury isn't going to do anything but look stupid.

And you people are the ones that keep yanking peoples chains about this type of thing. I expressed my distaste with his update and was flamed for it, causing me to want to justify myself. If you wouldn't get so freaked out and flame me for complaining, I'd have nothing else to say. Conflict breeds conversation.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
You know what sets people like you from the people who just say "This update is boring. Try again next time."?

People like you are annoying. You people actually COMPLAIN in the hopes of something changing, "or else". You stop trying to think reasonable, trying to find out WHY things are the way they are.

You think Sakurai can put up ONLY good updates until release. People who fall under the latter category realize that boring updates are there, and that it will be harder to give us good updates if there are only good updates in a row. They complain, but that's it. They just hope for the next day, hoping they will be good next time.

They don't give up hope, bad updates ARE the hope, the hope that there will be good updates afterwards.

You say you need to justify yourself. If you do, you can expect flames. Although I can hardly believe you can grasp the meaning of flaming, since you see every "attack" as a flame, and so far, I haven't seen anything that was at least as bad as being called "scrub". Although being called a scrub really isn't an insult.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Guys imagine if this game didn't have entrances like melee didn't. Yeah, thank god we got this.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
You know what sets people like you from the people who just say "This update is boring. Try again next time."?

People like you are annoying. You people actually COMPLAIN in the hopes of something changing, "or else". You stop trying to think reasonable, trying to find out WHY things are the way they are.
You must have missed the part where I said that this was a bad update FOR A FRIDAY UPDATE. Logically, it is. Imagine if we had got the Entrances Monday and the Stage Builder Friday. MUCH Different. The weekend would have been filled with discussion of stages and making them, instead of that happenning all week and Monday being the only big update (in my oft-scrutinized opinion).

You think Sakurai can put up ONLY good updates until release. People who fall under the latter category realize that boring updates are there, and that it will be harder to give us good updates if there are only good updates in a row. They complain, but that's it. They just hope for the next day, hoping they will be good next time.

They don't give up hope, bad updates ARE the hope, the hope that there will be good updates afterwards.
Of course there have to be bad updates, I keep saying this over and over. However, I propose this update wasn't neccesary at all, or deserved to be in a double update, or deserved to be in the beggining or middle of the week instead of being the Friday update that it was.

You say you need to justify yourself. If you do, you can expect flames. Although I can hardly believe you can grasp the meaning of flaming, since you see every "attack" as a flame, and so far, I haven't seen anything that was at least as bad as being called "scrub". Although being called a scrub really isn't an insult.
A lot of the "attacks" lobbed against me don't make any sense in the context of discussion. "Be happy I even have electricity?" "I'm annoyed that you're complaining?" "Days have no significance, its just another day." And etc. These are the points I have to counter, because they don't make sense to. I mean, anyone can tell you that a Friday update marks 72 hours till the next update. Thus, it's different than any other update of the week. Come on.

The coolest one was Bowser, I'm sorry. The poof out of fire is just awesome. I want to see PTs will he just be there our ride on his bike, ride on charizard......
Most likely, the Pokémon Trainer will already be there. Keep in mind he needs to call out his Pokémon before the battle starts too. So it won't be so much the Pokémon Trainer's entrance but Squirtle's, and that will simply be the trainer throwing out the Poké Ball.

Top Bottom