• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter Entrances!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Some people think this is a waste of an update, but keep in mind, people, that we already know about this through E for All; Japan and Europe probably didn't know about this.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's not a massive update by far, however, some of the character entrances are hard to make out in the videos due to the viewpoints and distracting noises. But really the entrances made for a unique thing back in the 64 days. It just another one of those little things that create a unique personality for each character and just give you a chuckle at the whole thing in general.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Decent update today to at least knock out one more update of stuff a lot people know, at least he showed a couple new ones. Wish he showed a couple more.

D

Deleted member

Nice update (although we had already seen Snake, Sonic, and DDD's intros on the site), but we're due for another Sonic article.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
Well, think of it this way: we all knew it was coming! Sure, we already knew that they were back, but Sakurai-san wanted to make it explicit, which just speaks greatly to his true devotion to the creation of this game. I mean, we already knew Meta Knight's Final Smash, but we still needed the official update. Same goes for Super Sonic, an even more basic example. We've all seen it in action, and we all know what it does, but it's painfully obvious that it will still "waste" one day of updates. And considering that we just got a newcomer last week, not to mention the stage builder bombshell, there needed to be a little balance. ;)

Plus, it's character entrances! I loved these little "special touches" back in Smash 64, so I'm doubly excited to see them back after the Melee hiatus.

(Really, though, I'm actually just excited to get a little more information on Lucas! :grin: )
we get another newcomer next week.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, think of it this way: we all knew it was coming! Sure, we already knew that they were back, but Sakurai-san wanted to make it explicit, which just speaks greatly to his true devotion to the creation of this game. I mean, we already knew Meta Knight's Final Smash, but we still needed the official update. Same goes for Super Sonic, an even more basic example. We've all seen it in action, and we all know what it does, but it's painfully obvious that it will still "waste" one day of updates. And considering that we just got a newcomer last week, not to mention the stage builder bombshell, there needed to be a little balance. ;)

Plus, it's character entrances! I loved these little "special touches" back in Smash 64, so I'm doubly excited to see them back after the Melee hiatus.

(Really, though, I'm actually just excited to get a little more information on Lucas! :grin: )
It's not that the update itself sucked, I just feel there could have been a bit more. Maybe if today was a double update with an item (any item), or even if there were just more entrances shown I would have been more happy. I knew it was coming, I just thought it wouldn't be so minimal.

Also, you don't know how big I smiled when I saw Lucas had a COMPLETELY different entrance than what Ness had in SSB64. Thank you again, Sakurai, for feuling my "Ness can still come back" fire.

same here, for zelda.
but if you go to the Peach Brawl Character Section, like one or two of the videos, has her entrance actually.
WARNING!
A THOUGHT OCCURS!

Zelda's entrance: I'm guessing Farore's Wind.
BUT if Sheik returns (which I think she will) and you can hold down "A" while the stage is loading to start off the match as Sheik, will Sheik have a special entrance of her own?

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
Does the tea table really need to have Mr. Saturn's ribbon though?

WARNING!
A THOUGHT OCCURS!

BUT if Sheik returns (which I think she will) and you can hold down "A" while the stage is loading to start off the match as Sheik, will Sheik have a special entrance of her own?
That's an interesting thought. Maybe the animation is the same for both though?

GenG

Smash Lord
Also, you don't know how big I smiled when I saw Lucas had a COMPLETELY different entrance than what Ness had in SSB64. Thank you again, Sakurai, for feuling my "Ness can still come back" fire.
There isn't Teleport in MOTHER 3, so Lucas couldn't have the same entrance.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Isn't that tea table just from Earthbound? I didn't think there were Mr. Saturn in Mother 3.

However, ugh, what a squandered update. A double update with an item, even an item we already knew like the Smart Bomb, would have made this better. I can't believe we got an "already known" update about THIS, of all things, and there's still several left to go, including three final smashes, many items and trophies...agh...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It makes it look more like a Mr.Saturn... so yes.

I doubt it. It wouldn't look right, Zelda appearing in a puff of smoke or Sheik coming in through Farore's Wind. Maybe Sheik's entrance will just be Zelda standing there and commencing a standard transformation animation.

Who's to say that Ness' entrance from SSB64 was "Teleport"?

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
"Moo goo guey gwuy fi de sow.....(bonus point if you get where that's from)"
That's Jackie chan adventures. It's the only thing gramps would say when casting a spell, no matter what spell it was >.<
Anyways, nice to see them back, but I'd hope for some new ones like DeDeDe, but it's good to get the demo updates out of the way so we can at least have new updates.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know, I never got Ness's entrance back in Super Smash Bros., but after playing EarthBound and learning about PK Teleport, it makes sense.

I also think it's rather funny, how Ness lands completely blakc with a white smile on his face. :p

overthere

Smash Cadet
Chill out, people. Not every update is going to be spectacular, okay? I personally appreciate the mediocre updates because they make the exciting ones just that more exciting. We've got four more months, okay? Let's show a little patience.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Chill out, people. Not every update is going to be spectacular, okay? I personally appreciate the mediocre updates because they make the exciting ones just that more exciting. We've got four more months, okay? Let's show a little patience.
Brawl updates are a big part of the day, they're what many of us do when we first wake up, or we've wrecked our sleeping habits to stay up for them (in America at least). I think it's fair to complain when MOST of this week was pretty underwhelming.

Monday - Wow, woah, unexpected, awesome, etc.
Tuesday - Expected, rather predictable, not exciting
Wenesday - Glimpsed in the fall video
Thursday - Showed at E for All
Friday - Also showed at E for All

So really, out of five updates, only mondays was a really interesting, unexpected one. Whereas many people expected something interesting on Halloween of all days (Nevermind that japan doesnt really celebrate it, a lot of countries that he updates for do).
Now, just because the first ? Block was a 1-Up mushroom, does that mean that you can't be disappointed when the other four are measly coins?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's Teleport... it's the same as it was in MOTHER 2 / Earthbound when Ness crashes with things while doing it.

Watch this. The skill isn't in MOTHER 3.
I felt owned just reading this... and I already knew it was Teleport. lol.

But even though we already knew it, we got more pictures. You can't expect every update to be "Stage Editors" or "Wifi's."

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
WARNING!
A THOUGHT OCCURS!

The first part made me lolz. :chuckle:

Farore's Wind would be my guess, too. As for Sheik, I might imagine her to appear in a puff of smoke not unlike that which appears when she uses a Deku Nut.

Um, of course it does! Otherwise, it wouldn't quite have that Saturn cuteness. :love:

...Erm, I mean, it's so cool. And manly. Rarr.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Farore's Wind would be my guess, too. As for Sheik, I might imagine her to appear in a puff of smoke not unlike that which appears when she uses a Deku Nut.
Yeah that sounds about right. Zelda teleported to be beside Mario and Kirby in the SE video while Peach floated down afterall.

I love the character entrances, but I wish he showed more unknown ones.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'm glad these are back. It shows more emphasis on the characters rather than just having a weird teleporter thingie.

I hope Mewtwo has something different from a regular Pokéball. Maybe a Masterball or him just descending from the heavens.

I thought Snake's would involve his box for some reason.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Brawl updates are a big part of the day, they're what many of us do when we first wake up, or we've wrecked our sleeping habits to stay up for them (in America at least). I think it's fair to complain when MOST of this week was pretty underwhelming.

Monday - Wow, woah, unexpected, awesome, etc.
Tuesday - Expected, rather predictable, not exciting
Wenesday - Glimpsed in the fall video
Thursday - Showed at E for All
Friday - Also showed at E for All

So really, out of five updates, only mondays was a really interesting, unexpected one. Whereas many people expected something interesting on Halloween of all days (Nevermind that japan doesnt really celebrate it, a lot of countries that he updates for do).
Now, just because the first ? Block was a 1-Up mushroom, does that mean that you can't be disappointed when the other four are measly coins?
Is it Sakurai's fault that you:

A) Mess up your sleep patterns for something that basically very minor in life
B) Always expect a mind blowing update just for the sole fact that you miss sleep because of it
C) Are ingrateful of a new stage we got
D) Spoiled yourself by watching all those E for All videos?

No it's not >_>

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why is Mario's entrance on the Animal Crossing stage when everyone else's is on their own stage?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Is it Sakurai's fault that you:

A) Mess up your sleep patterns for something that basically very minor in life
B) Always expect a mind blowing update just for the sole fact that you miss sleep because of it
C) Are ingrateful of a new stage we got
D) Spoiled yourself by watching all those E for All videos?

No it's not >_>
A) I didn't say I messed up my own sleep patterns. I had before, but after E for All, it's not worth it anymore so I've begun to let things be. I still check it first thing in the morning.
B) It's more refreshing when he double updates mundane updates, like meowth and the fairly insulting "Wiimote controls" one. I don't see how he has the gall to list today's under "Techniques", the player isn't even doing anything. It should be under Smash 101 if anything at all.
C) Thats "ungrateful" and yes, I am fairly ungrateful because we had already glimpsed it before, and because it wasn't a very fitting Halloween update (oh look a little pumpkin).
D) Even if you just "spoiled" yourself from the press videos, you would have already known that Character Intros and Norfair and Smart Bombs and a bunch of other things were in the game.

This is info that Nintendo themselves released, so its disappointing when our only minute of revalation in 24 hours (72 for weekends) comes in the form of already released information. I can't imagine someone who woke up to this update and was like "oh wow, yay". I can hardly believe he even did a single update on something so minor, and on a friday of all things.

Now obviously Brawl will still be the best game ever, but it's hard to have to wait three more months like this, fluctuating between being totally psyched and gravely disappointed.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
A) I didn't say I messed up my own sleep patterns. I had before, but after E for All, it's not worth it anymore so I've begun to let things be. I still check it first thing in the morning.
B) It's more refreshing when he double updates mundane updates, like meowth and the fairly insulting "Wiimote controls" one. I don't see how he has the gall to list today's under "Techniques", the player isn't even doing anything. It should be under Smash 101 if anything at all.
C) Thats "ungrateful" and yes, I am fairly ungrateful because we had already glimpsed it before, and because it wasn't a very fitting Halloween update (oh look a little pumpkin).
D) Even if you just "spoiled" yourself from the press videos, you would have already known that Character Intros and Norfair and Smart Bombs and a bunch of other things were in the game.

This is info that Nintendo themselves released, so its disappointing when our only minute of revalation in 24 hours (72 for weekends) comes in the form of already released information. I can't imagine someone who woke up to this update and was like "oh wow, yay". I can hardly believe he even did a single update on something so minor, and on a friday of all things.

Now obviously Brawl will still be the best game ever, but it's hard to have to wait three more months like this, fluctuating between being totally psyched and gravely disappointed.

First f all if you didn't read/watch about anything of SSB at E4All how the hell are you most to know its in? What if you only check the Super Smash Bros. Dojo site only on ocassion. Not everyone puts this game the first priority of their lives. Sure your excited for the game and want everything spoiled for you.

Secondly, what the **** are you complaining about the October 31st not being an appropriate Halloween update? Japan doesn't celebrate Halloween religously... Plus a Friday update is like every other day.

Top Bottom