• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter Entrances!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
First of all what the **** are you complaining about the October 31st not being an appropriate Halloween update? Japan doesn't celebrate Halloween religously... Plus a Friday update is like every other day.
America doesn't even celebrate Halloween religously. It's really All Hollow's Eve, and November 1st is All Hollow's Day- A day to honor fallen Christians who died for their faith.

Just a little fun fact thar. :)

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
America doesn't even celebrate Halloween religously. It's really All Hollow's Eve, and November 1st is All Hollow's Day- A day to honor fallen Christians who died for their faith.

Just a little fun fact thar. :)
Nice fact :D

Though really why does there have to be a particular type of update on a particular date?

Smash Ace
ther doesn't.
BTW, this update was simply saying: "hey, the intros in Melee were tasteless, so we revamped them."
=2007=

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I'm really surprised this wasn't a double update. We haven't gotten one of those in forever.

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
A) I didn't say I messed up my own sleep patterns. I had before, but after E for All, it's not worth it anymore so I've begun to let things be. I still check it first thing in the morning.
B) It's more refreshing when he double updates mundane updates, like meowth and the fairly insulting "Wiimote controls" one. I don't see how he has the gall to list today's under "Techniques", the player isn't even doing anything. It should be under Smash 101 if anything at all.
C) Thats "ungrateful" and yes, I am fairly ungrateful because we had already glimpsed it before, and because it wasn't a very fitting Halloween update (oh look a little pumpkin).
D) Even if you just "spoiled" yourself from the press videos, you would have already known that Character Intros and Norfair and Smart Bombs and a bunch of other things were in the game.

This is info that Nintendo themselves released, so its disappointing when our only minute of revalation in 24 hours (72 for weekends) comes in the form of already released information. I can't imagine someone who woke up to this update and was like "oh wow, yay". I can hardly believe he even did a single update on something so minor, and on a friday of all things.

Now obviously Brawl will still be the best game ever, but it's hard to have to wait three more months like this, fluctuating between being totally psyched and gravely disappointed.
Your point seems very immature.

First, he can't post all of the great info about Brawl everyday. You can't possibly expect a huge update on every Friday can you?

Second, why would he post something related to Halloween? It's not even a good holiday or event. Kids go out to get candy with costumes on.....wow, so significant and related to Brawl.

Third, of course any Smash bros fan is going to be excited or curious about the updates. But it's not point to be so disappointed to post stating how Sakurai should've done or shouldn't have done.

Lastly, "Nintendo" didn't release info on Smash Bros Brawl about these "intros" before at E For All, it was the press showing their experiences with the game. Sakurai just had to update that, because it's not on the official website yet. And YOU did spoil yourself and continue to spoil yourself so don't complain, you have no right to complain about it.

You said yourself that we have thee more months to wait....well? That's three more months of a potential for a great update. So relax and don't be ungrateful and disappointed. I am still shocked that anyone here would stay up so late just for a freakin update on the site. Don't get me wrong, but it's an update and I know you guys are big fans, but staying up late like this for a simple update, it seems childish and silly to me.

So think it over, is it your position to be unreasonable and ungrateful as you are now?

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
let's just thank god that sakurai didn't do an entrance
for each charecter as an update.....
**sign**...... that would be long
:rolleyes:

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
We've seen Sonic's. He just spins in from the "fourth wall" into the battle.
Bah, that sounds sooo boring. It's a shame, it really seemed like a good role for Tails.

let's just thank god that sakurai didn't do an entrance
for each charecter as an update.....
**sign**...... that would be long
:rolleyes:
XD So? I would of loved to see everyones enterances personally.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Your point seems very immature.

First, he can't post all of the great info about Brawl everyday. You can't possibly expect a huge update on every Friday can you?

Second, why would he post something related to Halloween? It's not even a good holiday or event. Kids go out to get candy with costumes on.....wow, so significant and related to Brawl.

Third, of course any Smash bros fan is going to be excited or curious about the updates. But it's not point to be so disappointed to post stating how Sakurai should've done or shouldn't have done.

Lastly, "Nintendo" didn't release info on Smash Bros Brawl about these "intros" before at E For All, it was the press showing their experiences with the game. Sakurai just had to update that, because it's not on the official website yet. And YOU did spoil yourself and continue to spoil yourself so don't complain, you have no right to complain about it.

You said yourself that we have thee more months to wait....well? That's three more months of a potential for a great update. So relax and don't be ungrateful and disappointed. I am still shocked that anyone here would stay up so late just for a freakin update on the site. Don't get me wrong, but it's an update and I know you guys are big fans, but staying up late like this for a simple update, it seems childish and silly to me.

So think it over, is it your position to be unreasonable and ungrateful as you are now?
Of course it's my position to be unreasonable and ungrateful. I can feel however I want to feel. I can be as childish as I want and you can't stop me, nyeah.

But in all seriousness, a Nintendo person was giving the Press information about Brawl. In that video, we saw character intros. So yes, they did give us that information as officially as if it was on the Dojo.

Secondly, I know all updates can't be winners. That arguement is tired. But seriously, this is a "technique" that you DON'T DO ANYTHING to accomplish. It is an extremely minor update, and is about as much of a slap in the face as "You Must Recover!" I would feel the same way if there was a "Taunting" update.

As far as "day" significance. Halloween IS a holiday recognized in several countries, so releasing anything even slightly in league with that would have been "fun" (Like Ashley's theme). What if he released, say, Ikes final smash on Christmas? That wouldn't be fun at all; it has nothing to do with snow, or winter, or anything.

As far as friday updates, they're usually much more awesome than other updates to tide us over through Saturday and Sunday. But not really this time. And as far as "having" to update this? No, this update was totally irrelevant and I can safetly say that more than a few Smash fans are disappointed and didn't think he would waste an update on it.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Yay! Lucas has an awesome intro!

I'm so glad I beat Mother 3 before the updates started coming out. This means no spoilers for me and I understand things better.

The Mr. Saturn tea table thing is directly from Mother 3. It was an easter egg, so you have to go off-track from the story to find it. It's not that hard to find. I found it by accident. When you get on it it makes a loud horse "whinney" sound and then it makes horse galloping noises when you move around. It was also really fast.

I find it funny that every character is doing their character warp onto their stage except for Mario.

I'm kinda sad this wasn't a double update or posted in a more extravagant manner. Oh well, it's not like my life depends solely on SSBB Dojo updates to keep me sane (they definitely help though). I'd like to see Lucas' moveset, Ness or Cpt. Falcon return, something surprising, and one or two E4A regurgitation updates next week! (the more E4A regurgitation now, the less later)

EDIT:
what i mean is it would be boring to wait for each charecter's entrance
The character entrances will happen during the "3...2...1..." countdown before the match. The time it takes for the match to start will be hardly different to not different at all compared to Melee. What I'd be worried about is the loading times for the stages.

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
good update anyway i think they are working on big things so they have to give little updates until they finish it!

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
lol picture caption

lol nice... I missed seeing those in Melee..

Anyways, those picture captions are funny when you rollover with your mouse.

Warp magic.. Jackie chan adventures?

=]

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
These were a great thing form 64 that iwelcome back with open arms
My predictions for other entrances:
PT:pT rides up to the backround in his bike as he sends out a pokeball
Zelda:probably warps in with her teleport, or some sort of warp spell
Kiby:Same as 64, warpstars in

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
The coolest one was Bowser, I'm sorry. The poof out of fire is just awesome. I want to see PTs will he just be there our ride on his bike, ride on charizard......

Pit looks like he stole Link's old entrance.

I am thinking that the intro wont be for the trainer , but for the pokemon themselves, so the trainer will just throw a pokeball or sumthing for the intro and the pokemon will be summoned. And in SSBM, you could choose to start out as shiek with zelda/shiek by holding a while you chose the stage, and i think this will be the same for SSBB. They might have different things like, when they come out of the pokeball, charizared will be covered in flames for a second, or a flurry of leaves will come out with ivysaur, and water will come out like a water balloon exploded when squirtle comes out or something like that... idk what do you guys think?

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay! Lucas has an awesome intro!

I'm so glad I beat Mother 3 before the updates started coming out. This means no spoilers for me and I understand things better.

The Mr. Saturn tea table thing is directly from Mother 3. It was an easter egg, so you have to go off-track from the story to find it. It's not that hard to find. I found it by accident. When you get on it it makes a loud horse "whinney" sound and then it makes horse galloping noises when you move around. It was also really fast.

I find it funny that every character is doing their character warp onto their stage except for Mario.

I'm kinda sad this wasn't a double update or posted in a more extravagant manner. Oh well, it's not like my life depends solely on SSBB Dojo updates to keep me sane (they definitely help though). I'd like to see Lucas' moveset, Ness or Cpt. Falcon return, something surprising, and one or two E4A regurgitation updates next week! (the more E4A regurgitation now, the less later)

EDIT:

The character entrances will happen during the "3...2...1..." countdown before the match. The time it takes for the match to start will be hardly different to not different at all compared to Melee. What I'd be worried about is the loading times for the stages.
Lucas, Kumatora and Boney taking a ride in the Saturn Table. <-- OMG a link!

There, the Saturn Tea Table in action. It's quite hilarious.

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
Of course it's my position to be unreasonable and ungrateful. I can feel however I want to feel. I can be as childish as I want and you can't stop me, nyeah.

But in all seriousness, a Nintendo person was giving the Press information about Brawl. In that video, we saw character intros. So yes, they did give us that information as officially as if it was on the Dojo.

Secondly, I know all updates can't be winners. That arguement is tired. But seriously, this is a "technique" that you DON'T DO ANYTHING to accomplish. It is an extremely minor update, and is about as much of a slap in the face as "You Must Recover!" I would feel the same way if there was a "Taunting" update.

As far as "day" significance. Halloween IS a holiday recognized in several countries, so releasing anything even slightly in league with that would have been "fun" (Like Ashley's theme). What if he released, say, Ikes final smash on Christmas? That wouldn't be fun at all; it has nothing to do with snow, or winter, or anything.

As far as friday updates, they're usually much more awesome than other updates to tide us over through Saturday and Sunday. But not really this time. And as far as "having" to update this? No, this update was totally irrelevant and I can safetly say that more than a few Smash fans are disappointed and didn't think he would waste an update on it.
*Sigh* What do you DO on Halloween? Trick or Treat, get candy. Eve of All Hallows. The day you party....dress up...........................? Any significant in this? Americans and other countries have this day to do what? Celebrate celebration? Congratulate ourselves by partying? Why can't you do this stuff any day? As for trick or treating...that is why kids get cavities. Halloween really is just a children's holiday and should not be considered significant or even relevant to be mentioned in the calendar.

And WHY does Sakurai have to post updates relating to what DAY it is? So what? What's the point?

Nothing. Exactly.

Whatever, just be as childish as you want, but still in my eyes being like you are just seem stupid to me.

-Knux-

Smash Ace

Why the heck are you expecting so much for a Friday update after a week of stage creator, classic mode, The Summit, and MK's FS? This has been a pretty good week.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
*Sigh* What do you DO on Halloween? Trick or Treat, get candy. Eve of All Hallows. The day you party....dress up...........................? Any significant in this? Americans and other countries have this day to do what? Celebrate celebration? Congratulate ourselves by partying? Why can't you do this stuff any day? As for trick or treating...that is why kids get cavities. Halloween really is just a children's holiday and should not be considered significant or even relevant to be mentioned in the calendar.

And WHY does Sakurai have to post updates relating to what DAY it is? So what? What's the point?

Nothing. Exactly.

Whatever, just be as childish as you want, but still in my eyes being like you are just seem stupid to me.
I feel sorry for the lack of your imagination. On Halloween he could have posted a "scary" character like Ridley or Ashley (long shot) or an update about costumes. That would have been fitting, it would have been a nod to those that celebrate halloween, and it still would have fit in the context of the game.

However, I believe he released Zelda on the japanese release of Phantom Hourglass? It's fun to have little nods like that, though "unneccesary". Heck, he could have released Dedede on Christmas, he's kind of dressed like Santa, no?

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is a really coll thing that they have brought back from ssb64. with the new grahics they look really awesome. however this was a bad update for a friday, we've not been getting those amazing fridays in a few weeks an hopefully mondays better

Talendime

Smash Ace
What? The Stage Builder wasn't good enough for you?
Not for a whole week's worth of updates, no.

And who says Fridays have to be mind-blowing?
They're usually the best of the week, therefore it's not unheard of to have better expectations for it.

Get over it!
Umm no thanks I can be mad if I want.

Seriously, the fact that there's personalized entrances is nice, but it really wasn't necessary to make a whole update over..

mario66

Smash Cadet
I liked this update, old or not.
Get over it people. There is a whole wagon full of stuff from E for All that needs to be Dojo'd. Have to stretch that extra 2 months somehow ;)

Also, I love Lucas' entrance! I was hoping the Saturn table would be involved with him somehow, and as an entrance it's perfect! <3

Oh, and there was a jack-o-lantern in the first pic of IC's stage. I think that's a halloween reference. But thats just me.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I feel sorry for the lack of your imagination. On Halloween he could have posted a "scary" character like Ridley or Ashley (long shot) or an update about costumes. That would have been fitting, it would have been a nod to those that celebrate halloween, and it still would have fit in the context of the game.
It's times like this that me ashamed to be an American.

Every other country doesn't celebrate what America celebrates. I wish Americans would stop thinking that.

Such egocentrism from a typical America, I swear. And if you're not an American, I apologize.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
It's times like this that me ashamed to be an American.

Every other country doesn't celebrate what America celebrates. I wish Americans would stop thinking that.

Such egocentrism from a typical America, I swear. And if you're not an American, I apologize.
Of course they don't. However, halloween isn't celebrated JUST in America. In fact, in Disneyland Paris, they have even more elaborate celebrations for Halloween than in American Disneys. So, a Dojo update even SLIGHTLY nodding to halloween would please those two cultures at least (not sure where else halloween is celebrated or acknowledged).

Of course, July 4th is only independance day for America, but he could have hung onto the Cracker Launcher till December 31st, because fireworks DO have significance around the world. Such slightly related updates are kind of fun. They both nod to the holiday and show off a new feature. It makes more sense really then releasing them on any old day.

And pardon me if I seemed culture centric. By all means, if an update related to another national holiday, I would like to know. But it doesnt seem like he does this.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
OY!!!!! ALL YOU WHINING IDIOTS CAN STUFF IT DOWN YOUR ****ING PIEHOLES, YOU UNGRATEFUL ********/*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE 100 BLOODY DAYS LEFT TO GET ALL THE BLOODY EXCITING STUFF YOU WHINING DORKS **** WELL WANT! ***** you. And besides, I am not a bloody fanatic who feels like spoiling everything by watching stuff that is probably illegal!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
OY!!!!! ALL YOU WHINING IDIOTS CAN STUFF IT DOWN YOUR ****ING PIEHOLES, YOU UNGRATEFUL ********/*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE 100 BLOODY DAYS LEFT TO GET ALL THE BLOODY EXCITING STUFF YOU WHINING DORKS **** WELL WANT! [/SIZE]***** you. And besides, I am not a bloody fanatic who feels like spoiling everything by watching stuff that is probably illegal!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
A) I didn't say I messed up my own sleep patterns. I had before, but after E for All, it's not worth it anymore so I've begun to let things be. I still check it first thing in the morning.
B) It's more refreshing when he double updates mundane updates, like meowth and the fairly insulting "Wiimote controls" one. I don't see how he has the gall to list today's under "Techniques", the player isn't even doing anything. It should be under Smash 101 if anything at all.
C) Thats "ungrateful" and yes, I am fairly ungrateful because we had already glimpsed it before, and because it wasn't a very fitting Halloween update (oh look a little pumpkin).
D) Even if you just "spoiled" yourself from the press videos, you would have already known that Character Intros and Norfair and Smart Bombs and a bunch of other things were in the game.

This is info that Nintendo themselves released, so its disappointing when our only minute of revalation in 24 hours (72 for weekends) comes in the form of already released information. I can't imagine someone who woke up to this update and was like "oh wow, yay". I can hardly believe he even did a single update on something so minor, and on a friday of all things.

Now obviously Brawl will still be the best game ever, but it's hard to have to wait three more months like this, fluctuating between being totally psyched and gravely disappointed.

Oh stop whining, Sometimes i wish he didnt do updates at all, just for ungrateful people like you.

This update isnt horrible, we saw some new entrances, it couldve been worse and just showed the ones we saw at E for All.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Oh stop whining, Sometimes i wish he didnt do updates at all, just for ungrateful people like you.

This update isnt horrible, we saw some new entrances, it couldve been worse and just showed the ones we saw at E for All.
Of course you don't wish he didn't do updates at all, you're just saying that to seem "cool" or whatever. Or you could have some really personal vendetta against people that complain? In which case, maybe YOU need to chill out.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Of course you don't wish he didn't do updates at all, you're just saying that to seem "cool" or whatever.
No, he's saying it because he is sick and tired of everyone whining every week over updates. Tell me why in the blue hell Friday updates have to be groundbreaking. It's no different than any other day of the week. I mean, we can create our own stages. Isn't that good enough for you people?

Yeah, we've known about entrances before today's update. Big ****ing deal. You really can't expect every update to be new and fresh after seeing the amount of info all those E for all vids have shown.
Or you could have some really personal vendetta against people that complain?
Oh wow, that's a pretty smart assumption. :rolleyes:

In which case, maybe YOU need to chill out.
Wait a sec, you're getting anal over the update, and you're telling other people to calm down? Are you serious?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
No, he's saying it because he is sick and tired of everyone whining every week over updates. Tell me why in the blue hell Friday updates have to be groundbreaking. It's no different than any other day of the week. I mean, we can create our own stages. Isn't that good enough for you people?
Wow, responding to me as if you were him? Clever. Friday updates are usually big because that marks a decent amount of time with no updates. It makes some sort of sense to release something interesting on Friday, and less interesting things before that. That way you have something to discuss over the weekend or be hyped about.

Yeah, we've known about entrances before today's update. Big ****ing deal. You really can't expect every update to be new and fresh after seeing the amount of info all those E for all vids have shown.
The arguments against complaining are as tired as complaining. I already explained the solutions. Either release a double update as is occasionally done, or, alternatively, this update could have just not even existed. An update already on what are essentially easter eggs and nods to nostalgia? Hrmph.

Wait a sec, you're getting anal over the update, and you're telling other people to calm down? Are you serious?
Of course I'm serious. "If you don't like each and every update you shouldn't get to enjoy updates at al!!" That sounds just as whiny to me as someone complaining that the only update they get for the next 72 hours is something they already know and have already seen and doesn't affect gameplay. Are you SUPPOSED to like things you don't enjoy? Because that's news to me.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You know the moment I saw today update I saw this much whining coming right off the bat XD

Really it's there and it's probably not leaving XD

Top Bottom