• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End-of-May Update

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
We will be going down for an update from XenForo 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 on May 31st at 3:00am EST/midnight PST. The update should last only 10-15 minutes.

A new theme is being developed to replace this one and is nearing completion. This should also fix the mobile issues people are having. I am looking for people to give extensive feedback on the design before its release, please PM me if you are interested. Many have asked for Smash-centric logos/icons around the forum, but due to some existing legal stuff (that I can't elaborate, unless AZ wants me to) we are trying to find a way around that but still satisfy everyone.

Speaking of the mobile style, Responsive Design, is also currently being modified. We are also looking for people experienced in JavaScript/jQuery to fix some bugs with it... again, PM me if you're interested.

Social Groups are 90% done, what's left is to import all discussions from social groups into the social groups on here. The new Social Groups will allow creators to assign moderators to moderate the social group itself (by way of editing/deleting, not infracting or stuff like actual forum moderators have). Most of the groups and members are imported into Smashboards now, whether you want me to release it right now without any threads/posts or wait until threads/posts is up for discussion.

Work on an easy tournament finder and a way to sort tournaments in Tournament Listings by any combination of regions or games is also being worked on right now. Sveet is currently still working on an all-game SSBPD with integration in Tournament Results, and there is a video library currently in planning.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Social Groups are 90% done, what's left is to import all discussions from social groups into the social groups on here. The new Social Groups will allow creators to assign moderators to moderate the social group itself (by way of editing/deleting, not infracting or stuff like actual forum moderators have). Most of the groups and members are imported into Smashboards now, whether you want me to release it right now without any threads/posts or wait until threads/posts is up for discussion.

OH MY GOD ITS A MIRACLE! Thank you for the update :D

D

Deleted member

Bionic, regarding my post earlier, I don't understand what examples you need. Go back and look at the layout of the site before this one, or hell, to go with this visual, the site format before that rework. That's all the example you need. It just doesn't look "Nintendo" anymore. It's just very plain and has the appearance of, and please don't take offense, hardly any work being put into the visual design.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Work on an easy tournament finder and a way to sort tournaments in Tournament Listings by any combination of regions or games is also being worked on right now.
So if you're done with working on the work you can get started with working on it?
Nice.

Nice stuff, its good to see things are in motion :) I'm really looking forward to ssbpd as well as video archives. possibly in connection with one another?

PCwizCube

Smash Cadet
Work on an easy tournament finder and a way to sort tournaments in Tournament Listings by any combination of regions or games is also being worked on right now. Sveet is currently still working on an all-game SSBPD with integration in Tournament Results, and there is a video library currently in planning.
Awesome, great!! :D

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Idk if you've heard about this yet but the mobile version of this only takes up half the screen. The other half is still usable but only for scrolling. The actual site takes up half the screen. Is this gonna get fixed? Or is this not in your control?

John2k4

The End of an Era
That was an issue with the actual plugin used for the mobile mode. So to answer your question, not right now. The plugin is going to see a large update hopefully soon, though, and that should allow us a lot simpler managing of it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So has the site been updated yet? I haven't noticed any changes so far and it's past the date provided in the OP.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
A new theme is being developed to replace this one and is nearing completion.
Please don't ... "replace" it. Unless you mean replace as in change it to the default theme. Judging from past experience with new site themes I think I am probably going to want to just continue using this one...

John2k4

The End of an Era
A correction to that statement - Bionic meant to say "A new theme is being developed to replace this one as the main theme and is nearing completion."

We're not going to remove any, instead going with a different default style. All of the current ones will stay.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, okay. I figured that was more likely. Thanks for clearing that up. :bee:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh hah. Thanks guys! I didn't realise discussions were yet to be important, i got scared for a little while there! ;)

I totally agree with a new front page. And smash news! Whatever happened to smash news? :(

John2k4

The End of an Era
As we get closer to E3 and the next Nintendo Direct, you can expect a lot of news updates!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Just noticed the updated main forums page with the widgets on the side. It looks way better than before! Keep up the good work Bionic and company.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I know you guys have your hands full, but when is the likelihood of us seeing Nintendo Network IDs for our accounts similar to how we have our Wii and Brawl Codes displayed?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can the Tournaments forum be moved up above the Smash 4 forums? the tourney threads/regional zones are taking a HUGE hit from new members having to scroll thru Smash 4, brawl, melee, 64, and smash workshop forums just to get to the heart and blood of our tournament scene. if that's not in the cards, at least above the brawl forums please.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
- reversed post order
- edit poll
are these ever gonna be implamented??

scrolling down to the bottom of the page is very annoying... -.-*
at least you guys have a scrollbar

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
new and simple idea for the progress bar:
Code:
[color=lime][progress=100%][/color]
that seem simple enough?? :3

EDIT:
also... newest post on top would be very helpful now so I won't have to click the last page and scroll to the bottom after going to my thread.

can't you guys detect the browser used and implament a dynamic scrollbar for Opera - Wii??

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Newest post is on top? Click the "last message" button and the arrow should be facing down, newest replies in a forum will be at the top of it.
I must be overlooking it...
I've checked my profile, the main page, and in the threads...
I can't find that button, nor the arrow. :/

but if it reverses the post order in threads, please post a pic :)

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I had a small feeling it was the watched threads area...
that's not what I'm talking about -.-*
I don't even have an arrow there >_>

I want this newest post (right where I'm currently typing) to be on page 1 at the very top of the page.
(just like every other forum I'm on)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I had a small feeling it was the watched threads area...
that's not what I'm talking about -.-*
I don't even have an arrow there >_>

I want this newest post (right where I'm currently typing) to be on page 1 at the very top of the page.
(just like every other forum I'm on)
that's not how this forum works though

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
that's not how this forum works though
my point exactly :/

how would you guys feel if you didn't have a scrollbar and had to hold a button for 5 minutes while the page scrolled,
AFTER waiting for the thread to load on the first page just to go to the last page.
(yea the time it takes to load a page isn't all as cheerful as it used to be) :/

why can't I just inverse the post sort order in my profile, to where the newest post is at the top of the first page, instead of the bottom of the last page??

EDIT: @WATT:
sorry, my mistake, yes it's there, and it works too.
but yea, not what I'm talking about :p

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
why are you using the wii opera browser? you've been using that for like the last two years. i'm sure you would have had a real computer by now
there's 2 reasons actually...

first off, it's obtaining the windows drivers I need to repair the damage to my network interface w/o wiiBrowser crashing that's the hard part...

secondly, I'm not one to go through a bunch of reboots while I'm working on my programs...

when I have to take a break from working on them, and I have the drivers I need, I'll more than gladly work on restoring my network interface :)

jsyk, I'll be more inclined to take a break once I have all the drivers :p

but that aside, I still want reversed post order...
I've used it all the time with the old SWF... :/
so why can't it also be a feature for the new site??

I've been waiting on that feature to be restored since the developers said they were working on the profile settings...
so yea, it's not JUST because of wii.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how the new forum skin has my avatar in it, just reversed. Lol.

Top Bottom