• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I think that if Elma isn't in the base game and Rex and Pyra/Mythra are the first DLC, we'll see more support for Elma. XC2 was the first million-seller in the franchise, so it undoubtedly brought in more people that would want to play other games in the series. While they may want T-Rex and Pyrosphere in first, they'd probably come around to Elma eventually. Here's hoping.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How likely do you guys think an Elma reveal is this week?

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Elma is better than Rex.
Objective truth.

Also, if we do get a Direct this week with Elma in it, who do you guys think would be revealed alongside her (not in the same trailer, just somewhere in the Direct)?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Objective truth.

Also, if we do get a Direct this week with Elma in it, who do you guys think would be revealed alongside her (not in the same trailer, just somewhere in the Direct)?
My pipe dream is either Banjo or Crash Bandicoot.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm very confident in Elma right now for the likely next week reveal. Let's go BLADES!!!
Objective truth.

If it is a Direct (something I'm still unsure about) I could see either Incineroar or Bandana Dee as unique fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Objective truth.

I'm hoping for Neku from TWEWY (I prefer him as the second square rep over Geno). If Kencineroar were revealed at a different time, then also either Waddle Dee, Celica, Black Shadow, or a RH rep.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for Neku from TWEWY (I prefer him as the second square rep over Geno). If Kencineroar were revealed at a different time, then also either Waddle Dee, Celica, Black Shadow, or a RH rep.
Neko would be dope for the Square rep.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Objective truth.

I would love for the stars to align and have Elma and KOS-MOS drop in the same trailer akin to how Simon and Richter did. If we're talking completely separate characters though then Shadow hands-down.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
How likely do you guys think an Elma reveal is this week?
Assuming that we do get a Smash reveal of any kind this week, I'm actually a bit wary. I'm still rather certain she's in, but I'm not 100% that it's her time to be revealed just yet, if only because the last two newcomers - Isabelle and K. Rool - were from already featured series, and they might want to vary thing up a little by giving us an entirely new series. That said, double reveals could still be a thing.

Elma is better than Rex.
To be fair, that's not that much of an accomplishment. Every party member in 2 is an all-around more interesting character than Rex, with Mòrag and Zeke being the stand-outs. But speaking in terms of protagonists, also easily.

My big hope would be Isaac first (along with a Felix Echo because I actually prefer him over Isaac), and then Elma in the same. . . whatever that event is. It'd be kinda keeping the "RPG reveals" together, y'know. I mean, Donkey Kong Country and some Castlevanias could be both classified as platformers, right?

aarchak

Smash Ace
To be fair, that's not that much of an accomplishment. Every party member in 2 is an all-around more interesting character than Rex, with Mòrag and Zeke being the stand-outs. But speaking in terms of protagonists, also easily.
Actually, I think Rex is one of the most interesting characters in the game, and Mòrag is one of the least interesting. But if we're going by how much we like the characters, Rex is near the bottom, and Mòrag is best girl.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Actually, I think Rex is one of the most interesting characters in the game, and Mòrag is one of the least interesting. But if we're going by how much we like the characters, Rex is near the bottom, and Mòrag is best girl.
Ehhh. Rex' entire personality pretty much consists of him yelling about Pyra and reciting the salvager's code, while the only relationship he has with any character before the story begins with is Azurda, and that gets barely explored. Mòrag meanwhile has both Niall and Brighid to work off, being renowned as Mor Ardain's strongest Driver, and her status as an actual member of the royal family which make her more interesting. The two of them just don't even compare in my eyes.

. . .Sorry, I just really can't stand Rex (and Pyra, for that matter). If I went into any more detail on that, this would turn into a very long off-topic post here.

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
Ehhh. Rex' entire personality pretty much consists of him yelling about Pyra and reciting the salvager's code, while the only relationship he has with any character before the story begins with is Azurda, and that gets barely explored. Mòrag meanwhile has both Niall and Brighid to work off, being renowned as Mor Ardain's strongest Driver, and her status as an actual member of the royal family which make her more interesting. The two of them just don't even compare in my eyes.

. . .Sorry, I just really can't stand Rex (and Pyra, for that matter). If I went into any more detail on that, this would turn into a very long off-topic post here.
If you don't like Rex, that's fine. I was talking in that character-wise, Rex gets the most fleshing-out and development of the whole cast, while people like Tora just drop off after Ch. 4 or so.
I kinda don't like Rex either

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace

Morag really gets the short end of the stick though. She is the only driver with no special abilities or features, she's not that important to the story either and doesn't grow that much as a character. Her only reason for following you really is that she's intrigued by Rex and Pyra and their quest.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Another week of Smash blog updates, another 5 or 6 chances to see Xenoblade content make an appearance.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tonight's blog post is Shulk

Is it Elma time this week!?

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Between Shulk getting a blog post and all the signs pointing to a new reveal soon, I'd say this week would be the perfect time to reveal Elma.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
woah finally some Xenoblade content! and thankfully it's not music! :p
and also what's this talk about a reveal this week? is it a rumor or is it just based on the playlist being updated and etc?

oh and "He is the only fighter that can change his status during battle" casually deconfirming a Shulk echo I see!

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
If anyone is feeling defeated about Elma's chances after this, don't. DK and Villager were both covered on the blog before K. Rool and Isabelle were revealed. But this could also mean nothing, as both DK and Isabelle were shown a few weeks ahead of the reveals. But, either way, I'm willing to have hope, and I think it's a good omen from Sakurai.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ohhh my god! Shulk’s post may be foretelling something! The stars are so close to aligning! I could almost taste it!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anyone is feeling defeated about Elma's chances after this, don't. DK and Villager were both covered on the blog before K. Rool and Isabelle were revealed. But this could also mean nothing, as both DK and Isabelle were shown a few weeks ahead of the reveals. But, either way, I'm willing to have hope, and I think it's a good omen from Sakurai.
Were DK and Villager on Sundays too?

aarchak

Smash Ace
Update: checked on my phone, there he is.
Shrulk.png
As for what this means, I don't know. It probably means we're being teased about Elma, which makes me a little giddy. But I ain't gonna put my hopes up too much, I don't exactly think it locks her.
EDIT: I checked Villager and DK's blog posts, and they were from over a month before their series' newcomers were revealed, which makes me think we may not get Elma for some time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom