• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah at this point its obvious something is up with X in general, so thats why I just want Monolith to come clean with the situation, because X fans at this point deserve closure on what the plans are for X's future..

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Pirahana Plant will give us insight at how DLC characters are handled, but I think they will be starters like Kirby.
Man I hope so. I wouldn't believe that X can be considered less legitimate as a Xenoblade game than the 3DS port of XB1.

I mean, come on guys, only the Wii U was unsalvageable, not its games!

Also, seeing how you guys are versed in XB lore, how would Elma escape from Galeem?

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Man I hope so. I wouldn't believe that X can be considered less legitimate as a Xenoblade game than the 3DS port of XB1.

Also, seeing how you guys are versed in XB lore, how would Elma escape from Galeem?
I mean they didn't get her true form? Also she has ghost factory to dodge and can create a decoy.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Skell, probably.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, since it was brought up again, here's Ultimate's internal game list.

Use Ghostwalker/Ghost Factory to avoid the light beam, activate Overdrive, quickly rack up a high number on physical attacks, refresh Ghostwalker/Ghost Factory as needed, quick kill. That's just how to deal with most end-game superbosses, really. Except for maybe Telethia, since it's mostly airborn.

Skell, probably.
Even if the Skell gets destroyed, she wouldn't take any damage. At most it would take out some of her insurance, really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering that Galeem covered the entire ****ing universe with her light, I doubt anybody who can't just straight up warp to a different plane/out of existence could escape.

I mean, the fighters who could've like Bayo and Palutena were trying to fight the light beams rather then escape, while Kirby just straight up went "nope I'ma gtfo".

Then again this is Smash Brothers. Canon who?

(Also, Elma did get hit by the light considering that she's a Spirit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
She would probably just shoot Galeem like she did with one of the villains in Xenoblade X and with that will prevent that World of Light ever happens.
(not that i dislike WoL but i think it would be a funny reference)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Considering that Galeem covered the entire ****ing universe with her light, I doubt anybody who can't just straight up warp to a different plane/out of existence could escape.

I mean, the fighters who could've like Bayo and Palutena were trying to fight the light beams rather then escape, while Kirby just straight up went "nope I'ma gtfo".

Which makes me think if Spirits later had playable forms, would their characters appear in the Spirits’ place?

I was thinking Elma could appear somewhere in the World of Light or the Final Battle Area on Galeem’s side. and Mecha-Fiora in the World of Dark where her Spirit once was let me dream ok

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yet she isn't in WOL, as RawstyleEevee RawstyleEevee said.

5b2.gif

Granted, the Spirit Board doesn't really factor into things, but still.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You can also check in-game for yourselves, just look at any of your Xenoblade X spirits and compare iut to others.
Doesn't the game display characters as just what series they're from, rather than individual games?

Yet she isn't in WOL, as RawstyleEevee RawstyleEevee said.

View attachment 185375

Granted, the Spirit Board doesn't really factor into things, but still.
Lin, Tatsu, Lao and the Formula Skell aren't in WoL either. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but the X Spirits feel really like last-minute additions.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doesn't the game display characters as just what series they're from, rather than individual games?

Lin, Tatsu, Lao and the Formula Skell aren't in WoL either. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but the X Spirits feel really like last-minute additions.
So, the second coming of Brawl...except we have no idea if the last-minute character in question is even playable.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Elma isn’t actually a spirit.

Instead, it’s just her human body that Galeem took thinking it was Elma, while she was in her true form.

She’s DLC because she came to Smash too late.
If Elma becomes DLC, I can see them renaming her current spirit, Elma (Spirit), and add a new one with a different artwork (or Smash render) and name it, Elma (Fighter).

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Elma isn’t actually a spirit.

Instead, it’s just her human body that Galeem took thinking it was Elma, while she was in her true form.

She’s DLC because she came to Smash too late.
If Elma becomes DLC, I can see them renaming her current spirit, Elma (Spirit), and add a new one with a different artwork (or Smash render) and name it, Elma (Fighter).
My guess is that they'll change her spirit design from the XCX version to her XC2 version, swap Bayonetta out for Elma as the fighter, and call this spirit something like Elma (Blade form) or something.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It would be so cool to see Elma make it in as DLC, I'm rooting for her. More than anything though, I just hope all the DLC characters are not just 3rd party. Besides my 3rd party wants like Goemon and Banjo & Kazooie, I would like to see at least one or two of the characters on this list:

Dixie Kong
Porky
Elma
Paper Mario
Bandana Dee
Rex & Pyra

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Oh yeah, since it was brought up again, here's Ultimate's internal game list.

Use Ghostwalker/Ghost Factory to avoid the light beam, activate Overdrive, quickly rack up a high number on physical attacks, refresh Ghostwalker/Ghost Factory as needed, quick kill. That's just how to deal with most end-game superbosses, really. Except for maybe Telethia, since it's mostly airborn.

Even if the Skell gets destroyed, she wouldn't take any damage. At most it would take out some of her insurance, really.
Man, that list is full of inconsistencies. Besides the absence of Xenoblade X when they listed Hey! Pikmin, Metal Gear Solid V is also absent even tho we have Spirit that use artworks from that game (although they all debuted in a previous title, the sole exception being the Salentropus) and that Devil's Third is present even tho nothing from that game is in Ultimate as far as I know (could it be they initially planned it but meanwhile Nintendo lost the rights of the game).
My personal take is that this basically confirms that those Xenoblade X Spirits were a last minute addition, and I can't see any other reason for excluding them but waiting for Elma as DLC. Now the thing is if they added them in order to cover up her future appereance or if she was dropped from the DLC selection.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Man, that list is full of inconsistencies. Besides the absence of Xenoblade X when they listed Hey! Pikmin, Metal Gear Solid V is also absent even tho we have Spirit that use artworks from that game (although they all debuted in a previous title, the sole exception being the Salentropus) and that Devil's Third is present even tho nothing from that game is in Ultimate as far as I know (could it be they initially planned it but meanwhile Nintendo lost the rights of the game).
My personal take is that this basically confirms that those Xenoblade X Spirits were a last minute addition, and I can't see any other reason for excluding them but waiting for Elma as DLC. Now the thing is if they added them in order to cover up her future appereance or if she was dropped from the DLC selection.
Devils third, that's a blast from the past, one of the worst games to grace the Wii U.
Anywho, if they dropped Elma for DLC chances shouldn't they patch some music like wir flirgen and uncontrollable into the game? It doesnt even have to be edited. Just take the file they used for XCX and port it in.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! The game has been datamined and data about some dlc characters has been found, unfortunately it's codenamed, but we at least we know about weight, run speed, and landing lag frames.
The characters they found are the piranha plant codenamed as packu, joker codenamed as jack, and another character codenamed brave.
https://mobile.twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1080971781790416896
Judging on this data and the codename i dont think it's elma, what do you think?

Last edited:

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! The game has been datamined and data about some dlc characters has been found, unfortunately it's codenamed, but we at least we know about weight, run speed, and landing lag frames.
The characters they found are the piranha plant codenamed as packu, joker codenamed as jack, and another character codenamed brave.
Judging on this data and the codename i dont think it's elma, what do you think?
I'm not that big of a techie, but couldn't they just put this info in the game files just to lead people in the wrong direction? I do believe the info for plant and joker, but the brave character seems too early. Kind of make it a red herring?

Last edited:

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
I'm not that big of a techie, but couldn't they just put this info in the game files just to lead people in the wrong direction? I do believe the info for plant and joker, but the brave character seems too early. Kind of make it a red herring?
This is normal, the same thing happened for the dlc characters in the previous smash game.
The files were there a lot of time before they were announced.
Bayonetta files were there even before the smash ballot concluded.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I think that the Brave codename is for Erdrik from Dragon Quest, so nothing surprising so far. I can at least apreciate that this thime the codename them rather than just writing who they are, because that
was what spoiled Ryu and Roy back in the day.

Speaking of this, what would you think would be Elma's codename? I would think "Dual" (referring to the dual weapons she wields), "Doll" (the japanese name for the Skell) or "Blade" (the name of her army and she wields blades).

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Speaking of this, what would you think would be Elma's codename? I would think "Dual" (referring to the dual weapons she wields), "Doll" (the japanese name for the Skell) or "Blade" (the name of her army and she wields blades).
I'm thinking "X" or "Cross". That would get across the easiest.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think that the Brave codename is for Erdrik from Dragon Quest, so nothing surprising so far. I can at least apreciate that this thime the codename them rather than just writing who they are, because that

How about “Xeno”? Though that could also hypothetically apply to KOS-MOS or anyone else from Xenoblade

It’d be short for Xenoblade and also subtly reference Elma’s true form

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
How about “Xeno”? Though that could also hypothetically apply to KOS-MOS or anyone else from Xenoblade

I love this.

Someone in the Square thread said that if "doll" was a codename they'd know it was Geno, and I didn't have the heart to tell them...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

As long as I don't see "Block" at any point, that'll be peachy keen.

Also, do you guys figure Eddy will have his reveal shown next week? Historically, datamine leaks happened shortly before DLC reveals in 4.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Also, do you guys figure Eddy will have his reveal shown next week? Historically, datamine leaks happened shortly before DLC reveals in 4.
I hope so! I'm hoping more for a Koopaling-esque Hero but more than anything I hope we get some good stuff from a Nintendo Direct. I wanna know when Yoshi and Fire Emblem are out. Apparently these datamines have been known for a while but have only just now been leaked.

I'm excited for Brave, whoever it may be.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

"Xeno" would be cool, but maybe too explicit for being a code name. They are most likely using these coded names because they know people are going to find them quite early.

Not really. Actually Roy and Ryu were datamined since April, when Mewtwo was released, but they weren't announced until June.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Xeno" would be cool, but maybe too explicit for being a code name. They are most likely using these coded names because they know people are going to find them quite early.

Not really. Actually Roy and Ryu were datamined since April, when Mewtwo was released, but they weren't announced until June.
Dang it, so we could be left in limbo for months?

At least the fake and real leaks are going to distract news outlets for the time being.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Xeno would be great but the wars between Elma, Rex, KOS-MOS, and maybe even Lora or Addam or Fiora supporters... Oh no.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think Brave is a Square character for sure. Might not be Erdrick, it could be someone from Bravely Default or Second. Agnés? Ringabel? Edea Lee? Mrgrgr!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Dang it, so we could be left in limbo for months?

At least the fake and real leaks are going to distract news outlets for the time being.
Not necessarily. It's pretty likely that Piranha Plant will be released this month, which means an update is coming as well. And that in turn means, they might just add more placeholder stuff.

I think Brave is a Square character for sure. Might not be Erdrick, it could be someone from Bravely Default or Second. Agnés? Ringabel? Edea Lee? Mrgrgr!
Not gonna lie, a Bravely character would be the only Square character that I'd care about. Edea would be my preferred choice.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Brave is likely Hero as the Japanese phrase for the DQ Hero class is often translated as Brave and it's specifically infiltrated Japanese pop culture like that, but some interesting outside picks would be a Bravely character or Yuri Lowell as apparently "Brave Vesperia" is a thing in Vesperia.

I'm, uh, not super big on Vesperia so I don't know the details and Lloyd seems much more likely but it's a neat possible thing. I'm pretty on board the Hero, though, with various DQ characters being skins.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Another leak...whoopedi freaking doo...you know at this point i would prefer it if Nintendo just announced every character of the Fighters-Pass like Capcom did with the last Season of Street Fighter 5...im just tired of all these "leaks" even if there is truth to some of them.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Im aware of it. But after a while i just get sick of it (+ the potential of ruining the surprise)....Maybe we get Dragon Quest-Stuff, maybe not...maybe im just tired of the Smash-Speculation...

Top Bottom