• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I have the worst luck with appointments... Last week it took me 5 hours to get everything for my license test and then in the end i couldn't do anything because my SS has me under arturo andujo jr and my birth certificate says i'm called jorge arturo becerra andujo. Next time i'll get someone better to smuggle me over and counterfeit my papers.

Then today i went to the doctor at 2 and didn't make it home till 7:30, it was almost all for nothing too because doctor forgot to put a reason for me going to radiology, luckly the lady didn't care much and just put coughing.

I still have to go tomorrow then on wensday to fix my SS thing and then thursday try to get my license. This week just looks really lame i won't get to get good at COD :(

error13

Smash Journeyman
i like this game a bit, but i really only played to hang out with people i like
and since Arturo hates me for reasons that are still unapparent to me i
will probably no longer be playing this game or part of the "smash scene"

oh ya peace everyone

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Its Wednesday :(
I got my new controller and i want to use it. Since last wednesday was lame we do need a break anyways so hopefully next week will be different since we are a month away from our tourney.

My history professor was talking about how El Paso is treated like its not from texas Lmao. It was like smashboards all over again :( tear.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I have no social security code for 3-6 months now which means no license for at least that time :(

Luis you should come do your taxes so you can do your financial aid stuff early.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
You need to come to the ep tourney! I will be at whobo too. This summer i want to go to a phase tourney and spend like 5 days with dallas smashers

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

starrchild

Smash Rookie
thnx ^^. You R beast Duff! ^^. So i can't wait for the tourny with all it's hype and crap, I hope it's something far more cool than it sounds though to be honest. Can't wait!!! xD

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Hmmmm, you guys have not yet gotten rid of me it seems.
With the old man visiting for his Academy Spring Break (around the 16th it seems) , I asked to come back to El Paso with him then until he finishes up in May (few issues here back at home I can't stand, like finding a job, commute various outings, etc)

So lock up your daughter
And lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life.

Cuz I'm bringing a whole lotta heat, and loli XD

E: Awww what the hell, you guys had a recent fun tourney with B+ it seems. Who won it?

Top Bottom