• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
nah i live leaving el paso lol. its on a mc donalds on a free way right on the way. if its ok for you to pick me up there. its like right on I-10 and horizon

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
nah i live leaving el paso lol. its on a mc donalds on a free way right on the way. if its ok for you to pick me up there. its like right on I-10 and horizon
an address would suffice a bit better =P
E: Also it be lulz worthy if it was indeed the McDonalds that has the sign saying "1 Dollar Mc Chickens" I seem to pass that every so often.
E2: Think I might just need to get Arti to point this place out.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hope you guys don't forget heroes starts today? It's in 20 minutes i think so I hope you guys see this to get the reminder.

Up From The Depths,
30 Stories High,
Breathing Fire ,
He Stands In The Sky!

Whats up guys, so I see that STEP 2 is this week and I will go this time! No Johns!!!
its about time! I'm pretty sure STEP 2 won't be that big though hopefully EA advertising is enough to get 20+

Sen i live on the west side at 8517 lakehurst, if this is a problem let me know and i'll try working something out to get into the actual direction we are going lol. If you pick me up first i can tell you where to get duffman.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
hope you guys don't forget heroes starts today? It's in 20 minutes i think so I hope you guys see this to get the reminder.

its about time! I'm pretty sure STEP 2 won't be that big though hopefully EA advertising is enough to get 20+

Sen i live on the west side at 8517 lakehurst, if this is a problem let me know and i'll try working something out to get into the actual direction we are going lol. If you pick me up first i can tell you where to get duffman.
Well actual direction being to Hobo I got all set. Arr so this isn't the same house I went to last time I take it for that smash fest? mmmk google maps hooo! Also would that be road or street?

E: Nm, seems to be a 24 min drive for here, a bit before Borderland right? Aye I know where to go now. Ya still got my cell# as do I have yers so if i get lost (which it looks like I won't) I'll be sure to call

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yesterday i was cheating on gw with mk in teams... (dont worry i wont use him. i think). I was doing good with him lol. Now as for the donkey kong part.... This past tourney at arizona i beat a donkey kong in winners but ended up losing to him in losers.... with. The first set i beat him twice with gw and i lost when i picked mk lmao. The second set he beat my wario and gw.... I say tired jons but i still lost..... Dont forget on lost a sonic in winners too.... AND I CHOKED ON GRAND FINALS IN TEAMS

that was an emo moment

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You lost to a Donkey Kong................................................

J/K I guess that's understandable since DK has an even matchup with G&W... for some reason. I don't have trouble with it simple cause I used to use DK as a secondary. He's a fun character, just not tourney worthy imo because of exploits other characters have.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Yo Arti, Lui. Old man of mines said we might be leaving Thursday Night, seeing he really does not want to go 10 hours straight on Friday to Houston, and prolly stop at some cheap arse place inbetween (seeing how it was a few good hours from Houston to here where there was clearly jack crap around) so it won't be as harsh.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
wtf are you talking about scrub

and step 2 will fail ............... :|
actually i was thinking about it and if the good el paso people show up It would be pretty intense like we where talking about remember?

It would be like me luis richard and josh in winners semis and those would all be intense matches :laugh: Well maybe you can make it if you bring that sick wario and make there instead of luis, it should be kool when one of us fights you too and then david could bring some excitement, maybe.

Plus i think the anthony brandon and according to richard that zelda guy whos name i just forgot level matches could be pretty fun too. And maybe josh will take his brothers with him.

I think as long as everyone just tries hard it will end up well. Plus the 2$ extra should kick in a bit more money so the prize might be the same as 1 but it will be more intense!

edit: sen thats going to add another expense so i'm not to excited on the idea but i don't think we have much of a choice on the matter =\, We've driven the whole way before in a day but the drivers would be your dad and luis unless you have a license too?. we can talk on saturday and work everything out (your going right?)

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
actually i was thinking about it and if the good el paso people show up It would be pretty intense like we where talking about remember?

It would be like me luis richard and josh in winners semis and those would all be intense matches :laugh: Well maybe you can make it if you bring that sick wario and make there instead of luis, it should be kool when one of us fights you too and then david could bring some excitement, maybe.

Plus i think the anthony brandon and according to richard that zelda guy whos name i just forgot level matches could be pretty fun too. And maybe josh will take his brothers with him.

I think as long as everyone just tries hard it will end up well. Plus the 2$ extra should kick in a bit more money so the prize might be the same as 1 but it will be more intense!

edit: sen thats going to add another expense so i'm not to excited on the idea but i don't think we have much of a choice on the matter =\, We've driven the whole way before in a day but the drivers would be your dad and luis unless you have a license too?. we can talk on saturday and work everything out (your going right?)
Yeah I am going, however I will relay to him yer thoughts on that. And he really is not keen on having Luis drive seeing Insurance would only be on me and him, I have my license so if he forces me to drive then I got no choice XD.

While I know my old man is thinking on the better outlook of things (seeing we would get there Saturday morning and not really have a chance to relax for we would be spending a whole day at the Funplex for Hobo. )

I will let him know about that however, and see what his reply is.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
texas doenst want el paso. the AZ thread says we are texas when we aren't. we are not wanted any where. Mexico is to poor to afford another city. we are ****ed.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
texas doenst want el paso. the AZ thread says we are texas when we aren't. we are not wanted any where. Mexico is to poor to afford another city. we are ****ed.
Lolwaitwut

Also I am seriously thinking on trying to work with Marth a bit for Hobo's Main Bracket's, seeing I am bound to meet a MK in there someplace and it is either Lucario or Marth that I would secondary.

Low tier I have decided would be Ike all the way, is just the all character roster one that I am thinking on.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Total Cost: $117.48

America's Inn - Houston
1-713-772-3626
8201 SW Freeway Houston, TX 77074
Check-in Time: 10am Oct 2 2009
Check-out Time: 12pm Oct 4 2009

This is where we MUST stay

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Total Cost: $117.48

America's Inn - Houston
1-713-772-3626
8201 SW Freeway Houston, TX 77074
Check-in Time: 10am Oct 2 2009
Check-out Time: 12pm Oct 4 2009

This is where we MUST stay
Oi roger that

Old man wants to know if you guys paid for your reservations yet, and he wants to know why we must stay there? >_< meh, will talk tomorrow at the tourney about the rest of it. I did notice that if Check in on the 2nd is at 10AM we would have to leave Thursday then.

E: Well today was fun, tis a shame I didn't get as far as I hoped. Also Arti next time I'll take you up on the offer for cici's, I just think a hard days of fun needs a home cooked meal made by myself (yeah I do the cooking with me and the old man, go figure XD).

Well see everyone at HOBO 19, or if anything else goes on beforehand just let me know, decided I'll go Marth for HOBO as well (excluding low tier which I'd still do Ike) so I best get practice in somehow.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Hey El Paso I don't know you guys too well but I wanted to see if I could help you guys out with HOBO and stuff. I am sort of in charge of transportation and housing for HOBO.
I was talking with Espy and he was telling me that you guys wanted to room for HOBO.

I know That the travel from El Paso to Houston is pretty long so I would offer up My house if you guys wanted to stay Friday Night, sort of a rest stop. You guys can travel with us on saturday to Houston.

Also Since I work for starwood hotels I am getting two nice discounted rooms. if you guys want you can kick it with SA, and Austin and it would be alot cheaper than getting a hotel on your own. Probably around $10 a night per person.

I can also work on trying to get you housing for Sunday night back in SA.

Some of our guys also want to come but we might only have enough to take five of our guys. If you guys have room and want to travel with us would it be ok if you can take maybe a couple of our guys.

I just want to make this HOBO a little easiar for the TX smashers so let me know if you are interested in any of this.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Hey El Paso I don't know you guys too well but I wanted to see if I could help you guys out with HOBO and stuff. I am sort of in charge of transportation and housing for HOBO.
I was talking with Espy and he was telling me that you guys wanted to room for HOBO.

I know That the travel from El Paso to Houston is pretty long so I would offer up My house if you guys wanted to stay Friday Night, sort of a rest stop. You guys can travel with us on saturday to Houston.

Also Since I work for starwood hotels I am getting two nice discounted rooms. if you guys want you can kick it with SA, and Austin and it would be alot cheaper than getting a hotel on your own. Probably around $10 a night per person.

I can also work on trying to get you housing for Sunday night back in SA.

Some of our guys also want to come but we might only have enough to take five of our guys. If you guys have room and want to travel with us would it be ok if you can take maybe a couple of our guys.

I just want to make this HOBO a little easiar for the TX smashers so let me know if you are interested in any of this.
I'm down for staying in SA with this guy. Anyone know who all the power players are from SA??

Richard! Are you guys picking me up on Thursday? I can't wait to **** Hobo :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm down for staying in SA with this guy. Anyone know who all the power players are from SA??

Richard! Are you guys picking me up on Thursday? I can't wait to **** Hobo :D
K Prime (Pikachu) and myself are the top two in SA.
I'd hope this deal saves you guys some money in your wallets, plus it'd be nice to play some of you guys prior to HOBO.

Besides, Dekar, this is your opportunity to come to SA and **** me in Sonic vs Diddy matches.
The Game

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
SA stepping it up for houston. Nice. Need to have a little meeting with el paso. Ill text everyone to get on aim later.
espy.... dekar destroyed utahs sonic right? i would watch out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SA stepping it up for houston. Nice. Need to have a little meeting with el paso. Ill text everyone to get on aim later.
espy.... dekar destroyed utahs sonic right? i would watch out.
Yeah, we had to deal with the entire fiasco in the Sonic Results Thread. About 6 people ended up getting banned. It's stupid.

-and Dekar would wreck me, I'm terrible at this game.

Top Bottom