• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
10/3. Me and arturo might fly since no one wants to go
Hmmm October 3rd of 2009? If I can get the old man to get the stuff needed for a pass to head to Houston, then I should be able to attend.
Yeah military need a pass if going more than a days distance away from Bliss <_<, heck same thing back home at Benning.

However, I will think about it.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
haha are you guys sure you want to go? I was thinking of saying something last time since you showed interest to but i had a feeling everything would fall through.

You guys have done well here but none of us have broken top 10 before so its a lot more difficult and people are better over there. It's a lot of fun but if we do decide to drive with you guys it would probably be around 50$ for the whole trip if you watch your money or more. Just something to think about.

Are we playing today?

error13

Smash Journeyman
im totally gone by the end of the month
houses that is i dunno where to yet...

and im totally gone for college too
im pretty happy =P

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
haha are you guys sure you want to go? I was thinking of saying something last time since you showed interest to but i had a feeling everything would fall through.

You guys have done well here but none of us have broken top 10 before so its a lot more difficult and people are better over there. It's a lot of fun but if we do decide to drive with you guys it would probably be around 50$ for the whole trip if you watch your money or more. Just something to think about.

Are we playing today?
needs moar FFM (Frequent Flyer Miles) :lick:
As of right now I should be able to attend this next month, and I really only had the thoguht to attend the low tier bracket.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Hey Arti just a heads up, small date issue in yer topic back on page one here

"STEP - 2 9/25/09"

While the link to the AIB site says it is on the 26th. So not sure which one is right or wrong, just giving a heads up for a fix on whichever one is wrong.

E: Also I am confirming I will be at HOBO 19, just finished up reserving a rental and should be heading out on the 2nd in the afternoon (another 10 hour drive is gonna be one hell of a trip again XD), just gotta find a hotel for two days now seeing my old man is tagging along and wants to see why I am so dedicated to these tournaments.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Hey Arti just a heads up, small date issue in yer topic back on page one here

"STEP - 2 9/25/09"

While the link to the AIB site says it is on the 26th. So not sure which one is right or wrong, just giving a heads up for a fix on whichever one is wrong.

E: Also I am confirming I will be at HOBO 19, just finished up reserving a rental and should be heading out on the 2nd in the afternoon (another 10 hour drive is gonna be one hell of a trip again XD), just gotta find a hotel for two days now seeing my old man is tagging along and wants to see why I am so dedicated to these tournaments.
wait what? really? do you have space? me and arturo where flying but everything would be cheaper for everyone if we would go together

arturo the new page = sex. get owned skyler

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
the rules say only bowser suicide ends in a win for bowser
does it end in a win for ddd and kirby also?
that would be because bowser is the only one affected by ports and i think the others show a clear winner. If it shows someone winning we'll go with that and if its sudden death then it will be the kirby and DDD.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
wait what? really? do you have space? me and arturo where flying but everything would be cheaper for everyone if we would go together

arturo the new page = sex. get owned skyler
Gonna have to check on that, If I did get the approval for you two, it would only be you two then. Think that sedan can hold four, but the baggage may have to be a bit minimal (like enough clothes for a 2 day 2 night trip.) We did plan on leaving either right when my old man got out of work, or he would try and get the day off on Friday.

But I will talk it over with him and will keep ya posted.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
thanks it sounds good. we will help pay expenses of course.
i can also help drive. I did get us from SA to el paso like in 6 hours last time :) haha. wont speed if you guys dont want to though

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
thanks it sounds good. we will help pay expenses of course.
i can also help drive. I did get us from SA to el paso like in 6 hours last time :) haha. wont speed if you guys dont want to though
Am to used to speeding with my brother and his Saturn back in the day. Used to do it and make odd swurvy motions with the car to cheer me up at times or to lighten the mood. Yeah I was quite the child back then XD even with him a year younger.

Old man, ehhh I am not so sure about him.

E: Well just asked about it to him, he is a bit skeptic on it, however he asked about payments and all and I mentioned about helping pay expense. He sorta went to a more indifferent feeling.

While there is a few weeks away from it, he and I are going to talk more on it. He did say as long as you two can pay for your room then it should be fine.
He is a bit concerned about it tho, the timing of leaving for it on the second and all at night. One thing I hate about those evening classes of his <_<.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
thats because brawl is fun you just need a break from it, Phantom actually put it into really good words the other day at the houston or hobo thread (I lose track of them)

Plane tickets dropped back down to 184 lol, I expected them to be 240 by now since they where 220 like on friday... Well it would still be a lot cheaper if we drove sin so you would be doing us a huge favor.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
thats because brawl is fun you just need a break from it, Phantom actually put it into really good words the other day at the houston or hobo thread (I lose track of them)

Plane tickets dropped back down to 184 lol, I expected them to be 240 by now since they where 220 like on friday... Well it would still be a lot cheaper if we drove sin so you would be doing us a huge favor.
Could easily use the cost of tickets for a two day two bed hotel and should still have enough for tourney fees, and perhaps food as well.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
So I don't think my car is actually in condition to be driven, we could use it as a last option but is there anything else we can do?

My mom was saying maybe we could rent a car and its 70$ for 2 days so what do you guys want to do? I think its only me luis and eric in that carpool right?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
So I don't think my car is actually in condition to be driven, we could use it as a last option but is there anything else we can do?

My mom was saying maybe we could rent a car and its 70$ for 2 days so what do you guys want to do? I think its only me luis and eric in that carpool right?
eric said his truck was ok to do it. rather spend gas than renting a car...

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten

Well just make sure you three make a final decision, seeing one more has been labeled on to this, I might be better off just meeting you three there.

Just make sure a decision is made before the old man goes to reserve a car in two weeks.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Well just make sure you three make a final decision, seeing one more has been labeled on to this, I might be better off just meeting you three there.

Just make sure a decision is made before the old man goes to reserve a car in two weeks.
no dude he is talking about the one on saturday in arizona. Not HOBO. we will discuss that and have a final answer by sunday or omnday

error13

Smash Journeyman
omg the periodic table is so sexy
if i could some how embody it into a female
i would die of happiness, but after i make
sweet sweet love to it everyday

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
me and arturo are in. just some questions though, does your dad know that the tourney will be all day and end till like 2-3 in the morning? will he be cool with all that?

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
me and arturo are in. just some questions though, does your dad know that the tourney will be all day and end till like 2-3 in the morning? will he be cool with all that?
Aye I think he does, however I will dbl check to make sure he knows again. He should be home in a while from class so I can let him remember that.

Also I guess this tourney will test my stamina to date, I know I will be attending the Low Tier, but not sure which else to attend, however I am trying to see if they will have a BlazBlue one going, or if it is just free play (didn't see it in the list so might just be free play).

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
Up From The Depths,
30 Stories High,
Breathing Fire ,
He Stands In The Sky!

Whats up guys, so I see that STEP 2 is this week and I will go this time! No Johns!!!

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Up From The Depths,
30 Stories High,
Breathing Fire ,
He Stands In The Sky!

Whats up guys, so I see that STEP 2 is this week and I will go this time! No Johns!!!
Trogdor? :laugh:

E: Also Arti, Lui, you two live close by one another right? Old man and I will most likely stop by Arti's house to pick you two up sometime in the morning on the 2nd. rying to pan around the area where Hobo19 will be for some moderately decent hotels (shame I can't seem to find a Wingate around this place. So would of been worth the reward points)

Top Bottom