• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggstraordinary Rainbow Yolk: Yoshi Results Thread

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Thanks Delta. I mean considering my Barrier to top 8 was Void, I'm not really peeved about not making it up there. Except for my awful game with S2H but yeah that's a different story hahaha.

Regralht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regralht
Yo Reg, that losers runback on #17 wtf happened? Lol
Rofl I lost to a mario in my second set (I hadn't seen him before, I thought he'd be free). For some reason every other PR player there had an uncharacteric loss too (ksev got double eliminated by a ganon lmao, and it was his second tourney. Ksev destroyed him 2 weeks earlier. Nom lost to Ori for some reason, and usually smasher1001 beats Technology. Zinoto didn't enter cuz he wanted to do friendlies).

Since the PR players killed each other in losers on the other side of the bracket, the rest of it was pretty easy lol

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Super FOG's Space Jam: http://1upsmash.com/topic/8552953/1/
October 17, 2015
3rd out of 25
Customs OFF
Used Yoshi and Ness. idk why Mario is also marked but I didn't use Mario.

UFSmash: http://1upsmash.com/topic/8556555/1/
November 22, 2015
9th out of 115
Customs OFF
Almost fully used Yoshi, I did go Ness in a single match.

I've been doing worse lately. I noticed that I'm getting irritated when people doesn't die and trying to fish for kills. That's seems to be costing me sets. Not sure why this is happening now because I was really a lot more patient in the past when it came to killing. That was the reason I decided to go Ness in that single match I said. However, I only won that match because my opponent did 2 really dumb mistakes and lost 2 stocks in the same way, in general I felt like he was dominating my Ness so I went back to Yoshi in game 3.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Something something kill setups.

Maybe next patch, I was at TGC along with many other Yoshi's but didn't do well/get out of pools of course cause sleep issues past week and not playing for awhile, but in my sets people were living till 150-200+%, so I just went shulk to have fun since Yoshi wasn't cutting it for me.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Seems weird how some people like yourself and Lukin have kill issues whereas people in my games rarely live above 110-120. Sometimes they even die as early as 60-70 due to spikes or less with down air gimps. Maybe check and see what you're missing to implement into gameplay but I don't find it that hard to drop stocks on people.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Seems weird how some people like yourself and Lukin have kill issues whereas people in my games rarely live above 110-120. Sometimes they even die as early as 60-70 due to spikes or less with down air gimps. Maybe check and see what you're missing to implement into gameplay but I don't find it that hard to drop stocks on people.
Maybe we need to learn how to frame trap/bait/predict better.

I noticed most of your kills comes from those sort of things, for example when you pretend you're going to Fair someone offstage baiting the air dodge, and them fairing after that. We just need to git gud apparently

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
There will be the day where you play someone who really understands the Match-up :p
Yoshi has trouble getting kills if the opponent is heavily turtleling.

Last edited:

Hydrobyte

~ If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me ~
NNID
Hydrabyte
Smash 4 Charity Event - Wilson (I don't have the link to a Challonge Bracket, was a physical bracket)
Singles
1st / 42
December 20th, 2015
Customs: OFF

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Texas Gaming Championship 6
Singles
9 / 400
Feb 7, 2016
All Yoshi
Customs Off

Xyro will eventually make a results post and then I'll drop that link in here to it.
-Edit- I originally thought I made 13th but I made 9th. Changed that and added the top 64 Challonge.

Last edited:

Squerk

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirOreo09
Anvil Smash #38 - 4th Place - Yoshi (45 Entrants)
Anvil Smash #36 - 7th Place - Yoshi (42 Entrants)
Anvil Smash #35 - 7th Place - Yoshi (40 Entrants)

Gimme Pink!!

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
SmashWorks 2
http://gameworksseattle.challonge.com/SmashWorks2Smash4Singles
Egg
4/23/2016
9th out of 32
Yoshi
Customs off

Just a local tournament, but I ended up putting a decent dent in the bracket. I was expecting to go 0-2 like usual, but I managed to get a lot of momentum and do some really good things on accident! I almost 2-0d the first guy I lost to, but got KOd early by a Ness backthrow and just couldn't get the momentum back. Still happy with my result though!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
SmashWorks 2
http://gameworksseattle.challonge.com/SmashWorks2Smash4Singles
Egg
4/23/2016
9th out of 32
Yoshi
Customs off

Just a local tournament, but I ended up putting a decent dent in the bracket. I was expecting to go 0-2 like usual, but I managed to get a lot of momentum and do some really good things on accident! I almost 2-0d the first guy I lost to, but got KOd early by a Ness backthrow and just couldn't get the momentum back. Still happy with my result though!
Dude that's heaps good progress, great work! :D

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Haven't had too many results to write home about lately so I figure they're probably not worth posting, but here's one:

BAM 8
https://smash.gg/tournament/battle-arena-melbourne-8-3/brackets/13031/34418/115885
14th-15th/5/16
9th out of 260
Yoshi
Customs off

Pools: https://smash.gg/tournament/battle-arena-melbourne-8-3/brackets/13031/34405/115876
I got sent into losers from about like, round 2 in pools and had to make a losers bracket run all the way from there. (would've been 5th if the international players weren't in attendance)

Also, I beat a Cloud :p
http://oddshot.tv/shot/sasmelbournesmash-201605154127595

Top Bottom