• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggstraordinary Rainbow Yolk: Yoshi Results Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno if I wanna update this or not.
You guys can keep posting results for people to see if you feel like it, but in terms of archiving in the OP (which I don't think anyone checks anyways lol) it's too much work and I dunno anymore if I wanna update my other threads as well for multiple reasons.

Minor carpal tunnel limiting typing n such along with giving me some sleepless nights.

Next to nobody uses or checks Smashboards anymore due to everyone moving to social media Reddit Discord etc. So much so they do Joint (???) matchup discussions on discord where it won't be archived instead of smashboards where we can look back on posts and such. They delete the channel once the discussion is over but I don't even know if they agree on a ratio.
Only times the site is used is when patches happen or if people just want a forum to waste time on, so socials that're super active like the smash 4 social that's gone through 6 threads and current one having almost 80k posts, Zelda social, Competitive impressions thread as examples. Basically people that wanna get millions of likes and +1 in postcount.

smashboards has also grown boring, super strict cause "ESPORTS" and kinda scummy over the years too, along with old friends never being online for anything so why bother going here when they're maybe on social media somewhere?

Lastly I think, feels like all the dedication and work doesn't really amount to anything. I mean I didn't do much in brawl age, just decent results debated a lot and panel leader for Yoshi during the 3rd MU chart but it kinda sucks that I didn't get BBR back then before brawl and smashboards basically died.
Plus when Smash 4 was released, while it wasn't work on the level of datamining or frame data, I still tried other ways of benefiting the boards in ways I could think of (helped with aerodrome to do Yoshi stuff before Yika did it)

Maybe it sounds selfish kinda cause I wanted to be rewarded for doing stuff, but dunno if that's entirely it albeit it's part of it after near 8 years (in terms of smashboards only 6, did online solely first two years improving others on Rel's old forum and AiB) of helping.
Just legitimately tried to make smashboards/yoshi boards be the go-to place for stuff not reddit and now discord. Wanted mod to clean up sticky threads spam threads etc. to the point I asked other random senators and super mods to do it for the boards and they just added others who didn't do much until finally adding Delta.
I actually used to care to make the boards good and less messy with good info but naaaaaaaaah, let's just go kuroganehammer site (not saying it's a bad thing) and reddit facebook threads or twitter posts to get things done now (these are bad tho :^) )

If people wanna see an update before it's basically shutdown from laziness wrist injury and no dedication to site anymore than maybe I'll do one more, but afterwards nomre.
Though if you would rather take the reigns of updating results thread be my guest, but don't think it'll get much attention or updates tbh if it's ever taken over for a new thread. (which it prolly won't be)
Most likely would be better to make a new thread too btw.

Top Bottom