• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
20$ round trip

Special chartered bus

message the guy to reseve your spot

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yo I'm going with a few friends, there's like 4 people total in our room so far, anyone else want in?
I might take that spot if I can't get housed by anyone. How much you guys playing each for the whole room?

20$ round trip

Special chartered bus

message the guy to reseve your spot
Message who?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Forward, go to Logan. There's going to be a shuttle bus from there to the venue, just message GameUniverse about it.

This thing is under three weeks away! Get hype

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any extra spots in their hotel room?

or does anyone want to house me?

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
We have 2 buses leaving from NYC available to buy tickets for on GameUniCon.com the bus passes are in the same section as the Convention Passes.

Roundtrip bus ticket from NY leaves Thursday August 20th at 6PM from times square, you must have your Gamer or Convention Pass already to get on this bus.

Leaves Massachusetts at 7PM Sunday.

Roundtrip bus ticket from NY leaves Friday August 21st at 6AM from times square, you must have your Gamer or Convention Pass already to get on this bus.

Leaves Massachusetts at 7PM Sunday.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The cheapest room I can find is like $110. The more people in the room, the cheaper it'll be. We're trying to get more people.

That's per night, I'm staying for 3 nights. But whoever can pay whatever depending on how many nights they stay.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Solid Jake, please post tournament information here for the Brawl+ event:

http://brawlplus.net/forum/tournament-listings/

To be honest i am very glad you brought this up, i have never played or ran Brawl+, and i was really just going to leave the ruleset up to the majority

I am unsure on the attendance for it, but while were at it, WE NEED CONSOLES FOR ALL GAMES

Brawl+ is one of the harder setups to provide id imagine.

Anyways, im currently working on some other things, so would someone mind linking me a good / standard B+ ruleset?

On a random note, I cannot wait to see forward.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That site is confusing, I can't find where on the site you can by passes. Anyone got a simple link that just leads to by them?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'll bet going to purchase passes would work. I don't remember the exact layout of the site offhand, but it's really really easy to find them.

Look towards the bottom of the page?

Elen

Smash Lord
To be honest i am very glad you brought this up, i have never played or ran Brawl+, and i was really just going to leave the ruleset up to the majority

I am unsure on the attendance for it, but while were at it, WE NEED CONSOLES FOR ALL GAMES

Brawl+ is one of the harder setups to provide id imagine.

Anyways, im currently working on some other things, so would someone mind linking me a good / standard B+ ruleset?

On a random note, I cannot wait to see forward.[/COLOR]
Just to add to that Jake. Anyone who brings a cube/wii will get $5 in cash from the Game Universe staff PER SETUP. If you bring 1 wii, and 2 cubes you would get $15
, etc. This info is straight from Jamie the other day.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah Jake, edit that into the first post somehow.

Question though. Controllers? Is this whole thing BYOC or will there be controllers available for freeplay on some stuff? I don't wanna carry a 360, PS2, N64, and Gamecube controller the whole weekend. I assume there will be controllers available, but I want to make sure that stuff isn't overlooked.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Will there be a massive amount of footage of the actual event and not of tourny vids?

My video camera died at one of the E.S.T.I.C.L.E.S. along with its tripod. The tripod died first surprisingly.
Please, please everyone bring as many video cameras etc as possible and put as much as you can on the internets!!! This will work well as hype for GameUniCon 2!

Do I need to bring anything as proof that I bought my tickets? Do I have to pick them up beforehand?
You can pick your passes up starting on thursday at the venue. There will be a good amount of Swag for the people that bought their tickets online!

Thanks, guess I am good to go then. This was easy.
Just making sure you bought the "Bus Pass" listen on the site and didn't just email me and expect to be on a list... you have to buy the bus pass online.

Forward, go to Logan. There's going to be a shuttle bus from there to the venue, just message GameUniverse about it.

This thing is under three weeks away! Get hype
There hasn't been much interest on a bus from Logan.... make sure you email me or this bus may not happen. Jamie@gameunicon.com

The cheapest room I can find is like $110. The more people in the room, the cheaper it'll be. We're trying to get more people.

That's per night, I'm staying for 3 nights. But whoever can pay whatever depending on how many nights they stay.
If you call the hotel you can get a special GameUniCon $99 rate! Make sure you ask for it!

So wait, what do you mean we have to have those passes to get on the bus? I thought we got the passes at the venue?
Yes you have to pre buy your convention passes in order to ride the bus. However, you will not have to wait in ANY lines because we will give you your badge on the bus!

That site is confusing, I can't find where on the site you can by passes. Anyone got a simple link that just leads to by them?
Look under Buy Passes Now on the bottom of the screen then click on the buy convention passes logo.

Just to add to that Jake. Anyone who brings a cube/wii will get $5 in cash from the Game Universe staff PER SETUP. If you bring 1 wii, and 2 cubes you would get $15
, etc. This info is straight from Jamie the other day.
This is correct! Please post up here to ensure your system gets a spot and you can get your money!

Yeah Jake, edit that into the first post somehow.

Question though. Controllers? Is this whole thing BYOC or will there be controllers available for freeplay on some stuff? I don't wanna carry a 360, PS2, N64, and Gamecube controller the whole weekend. I assume there will be controllers available, but I want to make sure that stuff isn't overlooked.
If you are bringing a non-tournament system you must provide 2 controllers with your system to get your $5. It is prefered if N64 you bring 4 but 2 will make me happy.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just have to finalize with my parents tomorrow that I CAN stay at the hotel for the weekend...

But assuming that goes through, I will also be looking for some people to split a room with. I might be sharing it with my doubles partner as well. It depends on how many other people we find.

@nuro: Meta Knight is not banned. Brawl+ is this: http://brawlplus.net/about/
Someone needs to get Isai to go somehow...

judge!

Smash Ace
Any Room For Judge In There Hotel Room I Pay Moneys <#33333333 And Shugo And Hunger K Thx

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Ok.. let's say you are going to this... and you don't have your tickets yet.....

What are you thinking? Get your passes before you travel a long ways to something like this??? It's just over 1 week away!!!!!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Chu, it's at a hotel you know, and its a gamecon, you could stay at the hotel and enjoy the con or stay in someone elses room and pay a bit of the room rate

If you're gonna go to a con, make sure to have a great time. MA is too far of a trip to take for me though.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SamuraiPanda and two others (Sago/Hunger) are lookin' for some housing! Anybody have some space available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom