• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hilda would be so awesome. Instead of the phantom knight, you could give her Ravio as her attack. Then add different Lorule affects to her attacks and maybe Yuga painting as her FS then we might have something.
May take some animation work but Ravio using different rental weapons depending on the charge would be amazing and a a great contrast between serious Hilda and goofball Ravio.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I could totally see her being one of the echo fighters being revealed prior to release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well given that we got THREE Echo Fighters today and one was for Fire Emblem, the whipping boy for over-representation, I'm feeling pretty darn sure about Hilda's chances.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think we need to worry about needing models ready to go. Dark Samus got a brand new model with all sorts of extra details that weren't there before.

Though speaking of Chrom, he got Ike's Aether instead of Flare Blade so Hilda could be a Zelda Echo and still use the staff. This gets better and better.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think we need to worry about needing models ready to go. Dark Samus got a brand new model with all sorts of extra details that weren't there before.

Though speaking of Chrom, he got Ike's Aether instead of Flare Blade so Hilda could be a Zelda Echo and still use the staff. This gets better and better.
perhaps she could be a hybrid of zelda and paulentena

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME;
Ravio could be her Phantom Knight(AKA Her Stand/Persona); and the Final Smash could be the Black Triforce of Lorule(While the Triforce of Hyrule is Right-side up and Golden; LORULE'S Triforce is Upside-down AND Black

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm a big fan of Link Between Worlds, and I'd love to see Hilda included in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My current movest for her has

1. Palutena's tilts
  2. Ravio using various tools replacing the phantom
  3. Final Smash has her using Yuga's staf to seal foes in paintings. (hopefully with individual pictures but not holding breath on that)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Came here to say that I definitely believe Hilda could possibly get in.

She actually has some things going for her.

-She's well liked by Zelda fans for being a twist from the usual Zelda Antagonist.
-Zelda's design being based on ALttP & ALBW
-Despite the 2nd reason being the perfect idea of Zelda having a Hilda colour scheme costume, she strangely doesn't in the E3 demo and isn't confirmed so far.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Impa's my first choice for a Zelda rep in Smash (being much more significant to the series as a whole) but I'd still definitely love to see Hilda in as an echo too as the more Zelda representation we get in smash, the better.
As soon as I saw ALBW(/ALTTP) Zelda making her smash debut, I was pretty sure that Hilda would be an alt costume but an echo would be even better. I would actually prefer her to skull kid/ majora who I would rather appeared as a boss fight in the story mode in which he can cause stage hazards to appear which I think would be more fitting for his portrayal in MM.
I think it's unlikely that Hilda will use her staff except in taunts and her FS as none of the other echo fighters have different standard attacks so far but you never know.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd say I'm warming up to Hilda as an echo. I really like her, and if you look at my Smash mains, you can clearly see that I can't be against it... :p

I don't really believe it's likely though... But despite her design being really close to Zelda, there's things to give some unique look. Thorns instead of crystals on Nayru, a soldier coming from a painting instead of the Phantom (TP Zelda already borrowed from another timeline, I don't see why Hilda can't borrow from Yuga), and summoning Yuga-Ganon as a Final Smash. Just quick ideas.

I'm not really sure on how to implement the staff though. Even if Chrom have his own Up-B, I think that echoes will always copy normal moves.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hi, there! Can I be added to the support list as well? Princess Hilda would definitely be the 'perfect' echo for Zelda, since this version of Zelda is from ALBW, so why the heck not?

To be honest, though, it really doesn't matter to me if Hilda becomes an echo or a different skin for Zelda (like the koopalings), I just want her to be playable. Hilda actually had a bigger role in ALBW, and I believe that she deserves much more. So yeah, I'm all for it! Here's to hoping she becomes an echo (or at least 'playable'), and if not, then, oh well...still gonna buy the game, though...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say I'm warming up to Hilda as an echo. I really like her, and if you look at my Smash mains, you can clearly see that I can't be against it... :p

I don't really believe it's likely though... But despite her design being really close to Zelda, there's things to give some unique look. Thorns instead of crystals on Nayru, a soldier coming from a painting instead of the Phantom (TP Zelda already borrowed from another timeline, I don't see why Hilda can't borrow from Yuga), and summoning Yuga-Ganon as a Final Smash. Just quick ideas.

I'm not really sure on how to implement the staff though. Even if Chrom have his own Up-B, I think that echoes will always copy normal moves.
Speaking of Chrom, he Echos Roy but still has Marth's animations, using his sword the right way around so it's possible. Work in one or two of Palutena's tilts perhaps.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Speaking of Chrom, he Echos Roy but still has Marth's animations, using his sword the right way around so it's possible. Work in one or two of Palutena's tilts perhaps.
I am not an expert on Marth and Roy, but from what I gather from Chrom's videos it's that jab is the same as Roy, but Ftilt is neither Roy's or Marth, but an altered version of Roy. Same goes for Fair, although I'm not sure if it's altered. I may be wrong, though.

This thing is, there's a difference between borrowing from Marth on Roy's moveset and borrowing from Palutena of Zelda's moveset.

If anything, I'd see Hilda having her staff but still using most of Zelda's moves with her hands and feet such as jab, Utilt or Fair, and using the staff for Fsmash Usmash and specials. This does need to alter many animations, but I thing it's less work than changing many moves with the staff.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Add me as a Hilda supporter! I loved a link between worlds and would love to see her make it in the game!

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I personally think there are other zelda echoes that could take precedent. However, what I do think would be interesting is if they used her staff and made her sort of a Palutena/Zelda combo. Like, she's Zelda, but they throw on Palutena's tilts, nair, dair, and jab. Maybe her up smash. I dunno, it could be cool. Not sure if I'm a supporter, but if she's in that's how I wanna see it done.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporter list too! As I said, Hilda's my second favourite Zelda newcomer and would love to see her make the cut.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know, I have a bit of a feeling that we may get three Zelda characters.

Skull Kid, Hilda and Impa with SK as a new character and Hilda and Impa echo-ing Zelda and Sheik. (Let's just appreciate how nutty that would look before the two have split.)

At least this way there'd be more Zelda characters than Fire Emblem characters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That would be really cool. 3 characters that are not Chosens of the Triforce (although Hilda do have the Triforce of Wisdom at some point)? This would be crazy.

Also to be honest, I don't think that having more characters than FE is important. (I mean, I'm surely not against it). FE have 4 times Marth movesets with two echoes. Even Link does better with his 3 incarnations. But my point is more about stages and AT. Surely we love playable characters, but the amount of Zelda characters appearing on the stages is quite insane. Tingle, the 4 Giants, the Turtle, King Bulbin, the Red Lion, Link and Alfonzo, Koume & Kotake, the Old Man... And those stages! Except Temple and a bit Pirate Ship, every stages is a memorable location. Assists also are memorable characters (moon included).
Fire Emblem on the other hand have two generic locations with random units appearing on the castle siege, one assist and a sword as an item.

So yes, Fire Emblem have many characters, thanks for having multiple heroes, but the love for Zelda surely is there.

... Now gimme more Zelda reps if Mario can allow new characters in each Smash game, Wario and Diddy included :p

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman

Maybe her Final Smash could be similar to Dark Pit's as well as Zelda's final smash from the Previous Game; as an Attack from her Staff

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I couldn't find a Hilda signature flair so I requested one of the kind folks from the signature thread to make one (credits to Bradli Wartooth Bradli Wartooth ):

Feel free to use!

Last edited:

BottledFairy

Smash Rookie
I was literally just brooding and pondering this on my own! Like, if you asked me before whether Hilda has a chance or not, I would've said sadly not. But something nudges at me ever since the Direct. Link Between Worlds Zelda was specifically chosen, AND the concept of echo fighters was specifically touched upon for this game, not to mention Dark Samus and Dark Pit having relationships to their counterparts so similar to Zelda and Hilda. Like...Hilda is literally a dark version of Zelda. A literal echo. The more I think about it, the more I actually think it makes sense and she has a shot. I just know my hopes will be dashed or something lol. But yeah Ravio and Hilda are two of my favorite characters in the entire Zelda franchise, so add me as a supporter for sure!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know, I have a bit of a feeling that we may get three Zelda characters.

Skull Kid, Hilda and Impa with SK as a new character and Hilda and Impa echo-ing Zelda and Sheik. (Let's just appreciate how nutty that would look before the two have split.)

At least this way there'd be more Zelda characters than Fire Emblem characters.
that would be awesome

Multi-bottle Thief

Smash Rookie
I really don't see Hilda using her staff in-game unless she pulls it out exclusively for her specials and final smash (though her body animations would be completely different than Zelda's when using those moves, they would function the same)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About the staff, she can wear it without really using it. Let's review briefly Zelda's moveset...

Jab, Ftilt, Utilt are one handed. She can easily do these with her left hand. I'd like to mention that she grab the ledge with one hand as well.
She grab with her two hands, but hold the opponent with one.

Dtilt, DSmash, Fair, Bair, Dair are all kicks, so no problems here.
Fsmash, Usmash and Uair can be done with the staff.
Special moves could be done with the staff, being the biggest animation changes.
There's only Nair that I can't imagine properly.

Now the question is to know if reworking so many animations is too much or not. I believe it's ok when I see how Dark Samus move differently.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I imagine if she has the staff but doesn't use it to attack there'll be some blurb in her trophy saying "Her staff is purely ceremonial so she doesn't use it as a weapon but makes up for it with her powerful magic."

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Looking back at Hilda's appearances in ALBW, she mostly use her staff. First to block Yuga-Ganon after they merge, and to teleport after Yuga-Ganon's first phase. The teleportation is Dark blue, and can really be a substitute for Farore of course.

Also, with all her effets being blue in ALBW, Din's Fire could be blue as well, and borrow the "Aura" effect of Lucario (not the mechanic though. Like Kirby who can copy aura-sphere, but without it's power increasing with damage).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking back at Hilda's appearances in ALBW, she mostly use her staff. First to block Yuga-Ganon after they merge, and to teleport after Yuga-Ganon's first phase. The teleportation is Dark blue, and can really be a substitute for Farore of course.

Also, with all her effets being blue in ALBW, Din's Fire could be blue as well, and borrow the "Aura" effect of Lucario (not the mechanic though. Like Kirby who can copy aura-sphere, but without it's power increasing with damage).
Additionally, instead of a ribbon of magic for the Farore's Wind equivalent, she'd be surrounded by thorny vines.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Posted in the Official Thread, and reposted here by the suggestion of Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 .

All her specials are variations of Zelda's.
Normal Attacks are the same, if her attacks have vertical knockback they launch in the opposite direction where sensible.
Neutral B: A Spell that absorbs projectiles instead of reflects them.
Side B: An Ice Spell instead of a Fire Spell.
Up B: Works like "Farore's Windfall" from Smash 4 (you can only teleport up, but if you hit when you reappear the hit spikes)
Down B: A Thunder spell, works like Pikachu's Thunder, but strikes either side of Hilda instead. Guybrush suggested having Ravio instead, and I agree, though I'll leave the original suggestion there anyway.
Final Smash: Basically the same as Zelda's. The Triforce piece spins in the opposite direction as a cosmetic difference.

Up+B and Final Smash can use thorny vines as a cosmetic thing.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Hilda in Smash.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I love everything Zelda, and I also loved ALBW, feel free to add me to the support list!

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
Sign me up on the support list guys! I really hope Hilda gets included as an echo fighter at the very least. I've got a good feeling about it because:

• Zelda's look was altered to ALBW/ALTTP style (this is complicated by the Japanese title shared by both games but still shows Sakurai has an eye on them) which makes tweaking it into Hilda's dark mirror appearance easier to design and model.
  • Zelda's final smash was changed to a sealing power that could easily just be flipped upside down and used by Hilda.
  • At the simplest level, the new energy effects applied to Zelda's moves could just be altered to either a shadow effect, a negative effect or a darker blue/purple light effect.
  • Those who still want to play a stoic, reserved Zelda as she has been portrayed up until now in the Smash games can play as Hilda.
  • Her staff can just come out as a taunt, as per Ganondorf's sword in previous Smash games.
  • Shadow vine-covered barrier instead of Nayru's Love, her shadow teleport instead of Farore's wind, one of those bats made out of shadow that Yuga-Ganon uses when he absorbs her instead of Din's Fire, and either Zelda's original dark portal or a painting for the Phantom move.
I think this is the furthest they would push it as an echo fighter, and is the most we can hope for realistically but whatever happens, I've got everything crossed!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I've seen some people talk about how they think people who support Hilda as a echo are only doing so for the sake of just wanting a echo slot and that we are bandwagoning, which to me is pretty insulting I hate when people make baseless assumptions like that, Hilda is awesome character one of my favorites as a matter of fact.
I know this was kind of a random subject to bring up, I've seen a few people say something like this a few times before.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen some people talk about how they think people who support Hilda as a echo are only doing so for the sake of just wanting a echo slot and that we are bandwagoning, which to me is pretty insulting I hate when people make baseless assumptions like that, Hilda is awesome character one of my favorites as a matter of fact.
I know this was kind of a random subject to bring up, I've seen a few people say something like this a few times before.
Well she's an odd one to bandwagon on as she appears in one game (par a Zelda re-color of her in Hyrule Warriors) and the Zelda series already has Impa waiting on the wings as a potential Sheik Echo and Impa was a character who got ballot support and at least three community members here talking about her at all hours.

I'll admit I wouldn't have thought of Hilda before seeing what Zelda they added but with A. That version of Zelda having a much sunnier dispostion and B. Zelda as a series not coming from one particular game plus Toon Link anymore her chances seemed to be somewhat likely. (Though if you follow all the threads I start here, likeliness has little to do with it.) I finally got a chance to finish Link Between Worlds and it cemented my desire for her as a fighter, or at least more than a footnote.

I think what causes the bandwagoning accusations is after Chrom and D. Samus got promoted from costumes to Echos, they think any hint is just straw grasping to get "called it" credit. If you check the date of the OP (June 23rd), I was doing that before it was cool.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I... Don't even get the "problem". Do they think we bandwagon just for the sake of "cramming the roster with echoes"? And even with that, how can Hilda be the bandwagon character? It's sometimes mentionned thanks to Zelda's design, but that's it. It's not even the "obvious echo" like Shadow, Dixie or even Impa.
Edit: And about costumes, Zelda never had a Hilda color in the first place, even with the redesign, she just kept her previous color scheme, so I don't really see how we could have the same case as Chrom and Dark Samus.

I believe that even with echoes, people want characters... Because they are characters they love, simple as that.

I do love Hilda, like Zant I really like how she isn't a villain just for the sake of being villain. They both want to protect their world, although Zant become crazy. And yes, I'm also for Hilda because I main Zelda, and that I'm not against having an alternative to my favorite moveset.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I only have two Zelda characters I want being Hilda and Tetra (only games I played in the series were Windwaker and A Link Between Worlds) as those two are memorable to me, and deserve a spot more than Skull Kid, who was a one-off villain, (and when you think about it, he wasn’t even the villain, Majora was. Besides, villains require a lot more than just a single game, as proven by K. Rool, Ridley, and every other villain in smash) as they were given much more prominence and personality in their games.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I only have two Zelda characters I want being Hilda and Tetra (only games I played in the series were Windwaker and A Link Between Worlds) as those two are memorable to me, and deserve a spot more than Skull Kid, who was a one-off villain, (and when you think about it, he wasn’t even the villain, Majora was. Besides, villains require a lot more than just a single game, as proven by K. Rool, Ridley, and every other villain in smash) as they were given much more prominence and personality in their games.
Kind of a **** move to bash other characters while trying to bring yours up, you only think they deserve more of a spot because those are the only zelda games you played, Skull kid is extremely iconic, and has as much personality as they do. Also skull kid was in 3 zelda games, and in one spin off, not just one, but you wouldn't know cause you only played two games.
Also your argument against skull kid can be flipped on Hilda she was also a one off villain. Tetra was also a one off to extent aswell, alot of zelda characters are, so why are you trying to make it seem like some are more worthy than others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom