• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Fighters for your most wanted newcomer!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Richter Belmont proved that it's entirely possible for a Super Smash Bros, Ultimate newcomer to get his or her own echo fighter

So I decided on making a thread to see the ideas that you guys can come up with for a potential newcomer to the series of your choosing that can possibly have their own echo fighter. Echo fighters based on veteran fighters have their own dedicated thread already

I'm going to get mine out of the way quickly and say I would absolutely adore Isaac coming with an echo in the form of Felix from Golden Sun
felix v2.JPG

Feel free to give your ideas in the comments and don't forget to stick to having an echo from the franchise the original character comes from

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Tiny Kong for Dixie! (While she should play differently, that didn't stop Sakurai from having Dark Samus as an echo)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
One that comes to mind is the idea of Hovernyan as Jibanyan's echo. Mostly to be a yokai Watch 2 rep.

He would have different effects and fight more seriously unlike his lazy comical counterpart.

Or even Robanyan since he's Jibanyan from the future as a robot yokai.

D

Deleted member

Coco Bandicoot would make sense as Crash's echo if he makes it in. In the N. Sane Trilogy, they play identical to each other, but with different animations. Their proportions might be a bit too different, though.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Roxas as a Sora echo fighter. They practically play the same sans the end of Roxas' stories in 2 and 358/2 Days.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Amitie as an Arle Echo. She has a few different spell names, and slightly different spells in some cases.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Uhm... Paint Roller as an echo of Adeleine?
He's not much relevant in the Kirby series (it's just a boss who appeared in a couple of games with little to no story involvement), but he's iconic and the first artist in the series.

It only works if it's Adeleine alone, in case it's Adeleine & Ribbon, the most obvious Echo would be Elline & Claycia.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
Let's see...

For Saber, Nero Claudius from Fate/Extra is one that comes to mind. Normally, I would say Saber Alter, but she's too similar that she might as well be just an alternate costume for Saber instead. Nero had a little bit of differences, such as replacing the wind-based attacks of Saber into fire-based.

For Jin, I guess Kazuya could work as an Echo. That is if Jin's movesets are based on Tekken 3, which he used the Mishima fighting style.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My entire support thread are made of characters that are variations of each other.

Though I guess, Sakurai would pick Kazuya and Aleph to represent SMT most of all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My most wanted is Midna...

Who the heck could be an echo of Midna? Between the twilight magic, the warping, the frikkin hair fist?

I can easily see Midna in her true form could be an echo fighter of Zelda but the other way around as a unique newcomer just beats me.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Spyro is my most wanted character, and there's only one dragon who would work as his Echo Fighter: Cynder.

Teen_Cynder.jpg
Cynder is the breakout star of the Legend of Spyro trilogy, a cult classic hard reboot of the Spyro franchise. Think of her as the Spyro series' Shadow: an anti-hero with dark powers, the Yin to Spyro's Yang.

If Cynder were to join the Smash Bros roster, she would represent two significant firsts. Not only would she be the first Australian-made fighter in the game, she would also be the first character in Smash history to debut in a game that was never released in Japan.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
The closest thing Prince Fluff has to an echo is Yarn Kirby.

As for Hayabusa, I suppose his dad Joe Hayabusa.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I got a few. Felix as an echo for Isaac is certainly what I’d like to see the most. I honestly wouldn’t know which one to main. And that is like the best problem I could have.

I also really want to see the Octolings for the Inklings. After Octo Expansion being the best part of Splatoon 2, I’ve become really interested in playing as them in Smash.

Isa as an echo of Saki would be pretty perfect. Star Successor is also like literally the best game on the Wii, so having it’s main character in Ultimate would be quite rad.

Spring Man + Ribbon Girl sounds very possible. Although I’m not a huge fan of either character and would prefer Min Min, or Max Brass, or Twintelle, or Misango, or one of the more interesting characters, if we were to get both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl I definitely would not complain.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The only wanted newcomer I have that can have an Echo is Saki with Isa. I can't think of any echoes for Kat & Ana, Klonoa, Isabelle, and Amy Rose. Ken Masters will most likely be an Echo Fighter himself.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My most-wanted newcomer and his obvious Echo Fighter.

1535471852466.png

Meowth! That's right!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
B.J. Blazkowicz for Doom Slayer. Doom wasn’t alone in revolutionizing the FPS genre, Wolfenstein helped, too! And before you go on with saying things like “Wolfenstein is about killing Nazis”, B.J. wouldn’t really bring anything Nazi-related as a character. Not to mention Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is on the Switch (In addition to the possibility of Wolfenstein: Youngblood, I mean come on! That’s a couch co-op game and the Switch is practically BUILT for couch co-op!), I’d be surprised if Doom Slayer didn’t get in WITH B.J.!

TheRockingGoomba

Smash Cadet
While i don't think it will happen.
What about Globox as an Echo of Rayman? He would probably slower, with his range being worse, but his attacks do a lot more damage.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
- Custom Robo (Ray-01): Nothing works for Ray-01 outside of another Ray-Series Model.

- Golden Sun (Issac): Either Felix or Mathew are the only real choices, leaning towards Felix naturally...unless we threw a wrench in it all. Just gave Issac's moveset the Roy treatment and made Garet is echo.

No one else on my wishlist has a viable option, even those not shown in my signature (AKA Sylux)...because I"m lazy.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
For Spring Man, his echo would be either Ribbon Girl, Max Brass, or Springtron in my opinion. Ribbon Girl has the popularity going for her, Max Brass functions pretty similarly to Spring Man, and Springtron is literally a robotic replica of him.

For Six, the obvious echo would be The Kid from the DLC for Little Nightmares.
he doesn't have Six's shadow powers that she gets from the end of the base game.

And for King Hippo, I already almost see him as being a K. Rool echo, but if he were his own unique character then the obvious echo choice for him would be Bear Hugger.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Doomguy:
latest.jpg

Better yet, use Quake weapons to get around the usage of realistic weaponry, paving the way for Ranger as his echo, like how Simon's Richter moves paved the way for his echo.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Either Duke Nukem (Doom Guy) or Risky Boots (Shantae) would do me well

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
  • Bomberman: Max would work.
  • Krystal: I dunno...
  • Vaati: If I had any idea who else could fill the "wind master" role, I might be supporting them instead. I dunno. Vaati's a pretty cool character in his own right.
  • Lip: Furil would work.
  • Isaac: Felix would work.
  • Geno: Beats me.
  • Banjo & Kazooie: Beats me.
  • Shantae: I dunno.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'd love to see Riku or Roxas as a Sora echo.

Honestly, I can't wish for a bunch of newcomers to recieve echo fighters because it would get obnoxious. I can tell you all the echoes I'd like to see for existing characters, but I don't think it's a good idea to do droves of echoes for newcomers.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I would love to see Dusk Lycanroc as an echo for Midday Lycanroc, or vice versa.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
While i don't think it will happen.
What about Globox as an Echo of Rayman? He would probably slower, with his range being worse, but his attacks do a lot more damage.
Nah, Globox couldn't work. Ignoring the size and body shape differences, Rayman, Globox and Barbara as well as Teensies aren't animated the same way as the others. Rayman punches; he doesn't slap, swing an axe or push air. Globox slaps; he doesn't punch, swing an axe or push air. Barbara swings an axe; she doesn't punch, slap or push air. Teensies push air; you know the rest.

While all their attacks have the same result, they're performing different movements and animations to kill their opponents. When it comes to Echoes the attack animations have to line up; you can get a way with different idle and running but the attacks cannot change in execution. If you want echoes of Rayman, you'd have to use his apt costumes from Origins and Legends instead, like Raymesis, Raymolk and Sir Rayelot. They're separate characters that have Rayman's animations, as well as attacks and are in a sense proto-Echoes canonically. Same with Globox; Glombrox and his other alts would be suitable Echoes for him.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
You know who would make a fun echo of Rayman but would never happen?
Anybody else remember Ed? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_Trouble

Maybe if Digby took some of Villager's moves instead of Isabelle's (like the more masculine balloon fighter up-b) he could work as an echo.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Waddle Dee: Uhhhh... I dunno. Sailor Waddle Dee but with a harpoon? I dunno I’m stretching it royally here.

Wonder Red - Wonder Blue

Phoenix Wright - Miles Edgeworth

Dusk Lycanroc - Midday Lycanroc. I can’t really think of anything else that could fit.

Prince Fluff - Yarn Kirby

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Let's see....most obvious Echo I can think of is Shadow as Sonic's Echo.

Top Bottom