• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Echo Characters"

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
thats true daisy certainly didnt seem to have much support
Daisy seems to be pretty popular with casual fans, I saw a fair amount of hype for her on twitter.

Easy fixes.

Replace the wings with either dark versions of wings, or dark energy.
Shield doesn't need to be there, can always be an elbow smack ;P
Kicks wouldn't be a problem if you either moved the dress up a little, or just changed the animation of the move slightly
I suppose but I feel like wings, dark or not, are far more in character for palutena, idk how it'd look on medusa.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Echo fighters other than Shadow - If we get an Echo of Sonic, I think it has to be Shadow. Metal Sonic would work I suppose, but he doesn't have the popularity or precedence over Shadow. I think Tails is way too different from Sonic for Sakurai to decide he makes sense as an Echo fighter, I could see him as original... but that's a stretch.
While I agree Shadow's more likely at the moment.

I feel like Tails has at least a slight chance of coming first as an echo for a few reasons. Tails got a Mii Costume while Shadow did not, and most of the newcomers we got were Mii Costumes in Smash 4. And it looks like we know all the stages in the base game already so there's no 3rd Sonic stage that could fit Shadow more like a Forces stage or even an SA2 stage like Radical Highway or the Space Colony ARK. And while they still could do it anyway, having Green Hill or Windy Hill in the background of Shadow's profile will make for some odd juxtaposition. Tails was also in Lost World whilst Shadow wasn't so Windy Hill would be perfect for his background. I fully expect Shadow to get in and he'll have either Green Hill Zone at a different angle or Windy Hill in his site character profile despite that. But it's something I think would be interesting in hindsight should the upset happens.

Having Knuckles upgraded from just a background cameo to Assist, and Shadow from an assist to an Echo, while Tails is left behind in the same exact spot he was in Smash 4 will feel really odd. Though I suppose that could lean towards Tails eventually being DLC. If there's any speculation upsets this time around (Ex: Robin/Lucina over Chrom in Smash 4), Tails being there first before Shadow is a possibility especially now that we know Echoes can have more differences then we thought. (Example of what could be done: Tails can keep the spring but Tails is also able to do something functionally similar to Peach's float for his recovery.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After what Wednesday's Smash Direct gave to us, you do have to wonder if Akuma will show up as Ryu's Echo Fighter. Of course, a highly notable character like him, probably deserves the trailer treatment.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
He does have Ike's up special. But if all the rest are Roy's, then he's more of a Roy echo.

I'm not sure how he can have a move from a completely different character and still be considered and echo while Dr. Mario and Pichu are still considered separate characters...
That's pretty much what I'm saying, I think he woulda done fine as a full Ike echo. But I guess that sword dance move will work for him. :awesome:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne. Then again Bayo still has the Jeanne colors.
:ultbowser:- Dry Bowser
:ultbowserjr:- Don't need one. Koopalings are already alts.
:ultfalcon:- Black Shadow
:ultcloud:- Zack.
:ultcorrin:- None
:ultdiddy:- Dixie. Though I'd prefer if she's more unique.
:ultdk:- Funky Kong? Classic DK?
:ultdoc:- None
:ultduckhunt:- None
:ultfalco:- None
:ultfox:- None
:ultganondorf:- Hades? Depends on if Echo Fighters can branch series. Though Hades technically doesn't have a sword.
:ultgreninja:- IDK
:ulticeclimbers:- Kat and Ana?
:ultike:- The Black Knight
:ultinkling:- Octoling
:ultjigglypuff:- IDK
:ultkingdedede:- None
:ultkirby:- None
:ultlink:- None
:ultlittlemac:- Mike Tyson. Or any boxer from Punch Out.
:ultlucario:- Goku...IDK
:ultlucas:- Claus?
:ultluigi:- Dr. Luigi/ Mr. L
:ultmario:- None
:ultmarth:-:ultlucina:
:ultmegaman:- Protoman/Bass
:ultmetaknight:- Dark Metaknight/ Morpho Knight
:ultmewtwo:- Shadow Mewtwo (Pokken)
:ultmiifighters:- IDK
:ultgnw:- None
:ultness:- Ninten
:ultolimar:- The other Captains. Louie, Brittany.
:ultpacman:- Ms. Pacman
:ultpalutena:- Medusa
:ultpeach:-:ultdaisy:
:ultpichu:- None
:ultpikachu:- None
:ultsheik:- Impa
:ultpit:-:ultdarkpit:
:ultpokemontrainer:- None
:ultridley:- None
:ultrob:- None
:ultrobin- Celica. Remove the inventory mechanic, Sword is a middle ground between Bronze and Levin, and Magic does damage.
:ultrosalina:- None
:ultroy:- Chrom
:ultryu:- Ken/ Akuma/ Evil Ryu. Any Shoto really.
:ultsamus:- Dark Samus
:ultshulk:- Alvis/Malos/Rex
:ultsnake:- Liquid Snake
:ultsonic:- Shadow/Metal Sonic
:ulttoonlink:- None
:ultvillager:- Isabelle
:ultwario:- Jimmy T??? maybe not.
:ultwiifittrainer:- None
:ultwolf:- Panther
:ultyoshi:- Birdo?
:ultyounglink:- None
:ultzelda:- Hilda
:ultzss:- Strikers Waluigi
Simon - Richter
King K Rool - Lord Frederick.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, if Palutena is getting an echo, it's gonna be Viridi. She's such a better KI rep. The only barrier for her is the height difference, but at this point can any of you really say that that's out of the question for an echo fighter?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Alright guys, if Palutena is getting an echo, it's gonna be Viridi. She's such a better KI rep. The only barrier for her is the height difference, but at this point can any of you really say that that's out of the question for an echo fighter?
It is, if body proportions weren't a factor then Lucina would be shorter than Robin, but they sized her up for the sake of making her an echo

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
It is, if body proportions weren't a factor then Lucina would be shorter than Robin, but they sized her up for the sake of making her an echo
Also two different games. Lucina started as a palette swap. Viridi would start with the idea of an echo fighter in mind, so they could start out with an altered version of Palutena's hitboxes and hurtboxes as her base.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Also two different games. Lucina started as a palette swap. Viridi would start with the idea of an echo fighter in mind, so they could start out with an altered version of Palutena's hitboxes and hurtboxes as her base.
Echoes are barely different from alternate costumes, lucina was basically an echo in smash 4 even if they weren't called them back then

Same goes for chrom too who is basically the same height as lucina now when he should be taller

Last edited:

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Echoes are barely different from alternate costumes, lucina was basically an echo in smash 4 even if they weren't called them back then
Everyone thought they knew what the limits on echoes were, and then Chrom was Roy with aether. Until Sakurai outright states these limitations you are insisting are there, I don't think it's a stretch to say that an echo can also be clone of the original who also has the x and y values their hitboxes and hurtboxes scaled down by some fixed constants. You only insist it's impossible because there is no precedent, but our sample size is hardly expansive.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Everyone thought they knew what the limits on echoes were, and then Chrom was Roy with aether. Until Sakurai outright states these limitations you are insisting are there, I don't think it's a stretch to say that an echo can also be clone of the original who also has the x and y values their hitboxes and hurtboxes scaled down by some fixed constants. You only insist it's impossible because there is no precedent, but our sample size is hardly expansive.
It's possible if he really wanted to go out of his way to include viridi, but I'm not sure why he'd do that when she doesn't naturally fit as an echo anyway, she's not especially popular, and medusa more accurately fits Palutena's proportions

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
It's possible if he really wanted to go out of his way to include viridi, but I'm not sure why he'd do that when she doesn't naturally fit as an echo anyway, she's not especially popular, and medusa more accurately fits Palutena's proportions
She less known than Medusa, but she's a lot more liked among KIU fans. And there's a reason for this: it's because Medusa is sort of a minor role in Kid Icarus Uprising. Viridi is much more part of the main cast than she ever was. Viridi is to Dark Pit as Palutena is to Pit, and she's written to have good comedic chemistry with Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit.

The truth is, while Medusa seems like a better candidate for the series overall, if we're looking from Uprising onwards, which is how Sakurai appears to be looking at the series, she's a pretty mediocre rep. She's really just there to be a generic villain that gets thrown away early in the game to subvert expectations. Even when she's an enemy, the main focus is on her commanders, compared to Viridi or Hades who take center stage when they have their turn as villains.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Medusa has the added advantage of being a villain, which Smash always needs more of.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Personally, with Chrom and Dark Samus, I am now expecting Ninten to make the cut. And maybe a Falcon clone in B. Shadow or Blood Falcon? Throw F-Zero a bone Sakurai.
Personally, I think it's very likely we'll get both of those. F-Zero has been hurting in terms of representation, and with echos and the increasing focus on villains, I think they're chances are not insignificant.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
i hear people say "Ms Pac-Man is owened by Midway", uuh, are you not aware that midway is dead?, it defunct like 8 years ago

also, in smash 4 she's on pac land anyway
1533982534898.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I agree Shadow's more likely at the moment.

I feel like Tails has at least a slight chance of coming first as an echo for a few reasons. Tails got a Mii Costume while Shadow did not, and most of the newcomers we got were Mii Costumes in Smash 4. And it looks like we know all the stages in the base game already so there's no 3rd Sonic stage that could fit Shadow more like a Forces stage or even an SA2 stage like Radical Highway or the Space Colony ARK. And while they still could do it anyway, having Green Hill or Windy Hill in the background of Shadow's profile will make for some odd juxtaposition. Tails was also in Lost World whilst Shadow wasn't so Windy Hill would be perfect for his background. I fully expect Shadow to get in and he'll have either Green Hill Zone at a different angle or Windy Hill in his site character profile despite that. But it's something I think would be interesting in hindsight should the upset happens.

Having Knuckles upgraded from just a background cameo to Assist, and Shadow from an assist to an Echo, while Tails is left behind in the same exact spot he was in Smash 4 will feel really odd. Though I suppose that could lean towards Tails eventually being DLC. If there's any speculation upsets this time around (Ex: Robin/Lucina over Chrom in Smash 4), Tails being there first before Shadow is a possibility especially now that we know Echoes can have more differences then we thought. (Example of what could be done: Tails can keep the spring but Tails is also able to do something functionally similar to Peach's float for his recovery.)
Tails has my vote as well. And if Dixie is in, Tails can borrow her Up B and be a Echo much like how Chrom was done.

I just dislike Shadow a lot as a character. But Tails is okay in my book, even if I would've rather had Knuckles probably.

Also, I think now that my girl Impa is the most likely Echo Fighter. Dixie is also a good possibility, but I rather have her not being a Echo but a semi-clone. But if it fits, and they can make Dixie feel like a genuine own character, then am down for it.

And also also; I think Slippy Toad would make for a good Falco Echo honestly.

EDIT: Let me just post my new post in the general thread here..

Am quite excited by the thought that my 3 most wanted after King K.Rool; Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac are quite likely prospects now. At the very least Dixie and Impa, even if they'd be Echoes. This game might give me everything that Smash 4 denied (outside of Mewtwo's return).

Speaking of Echoes, do you guys expect changes in playstyle from them? Like Chrom being stronger but slower than Roy? Same with Dark Samus? Cause I think that would make them feel far less of a exact carbon copy of the original character, much like the Melee clones. Compare Melee Ganondorf, Falco and Young Link for example to C.Falcon, Fox and Link, and you'd get where I'm coming from.

Impa would work wonderfully as a stronger but slower Sheik for example, and it would fit well on Sheik's moveset. Maybe give Impa a few bladed attacks for added range. Dixie has way too much potential to be a Echo, but if she's one, being a Diddy with better recovery would just be downright scary. So maybe Dixie whilst having a better recovery, wouldn't have the Banana or combo-ability or speed of Diddy. Kind of a tradeoff like Marth / Lucina in a way.

This way, Echoes can be implement wonderfully.

My ideas for Chrom and Dark Samus to differenciate them a little:

Chrom, having the Exalted Falchion would probably have the very same mechanics on his blade like Lucina. Therefore he doesn't NEED Roy's speed to compensate for his lack of range in order to "get in". Chrom can be of a similar speed of Marth and Lucina, but enjoy more KO power. That way he also plays a little more like Ike, despite not being quite AS strong as Ike.

Dark Samus can have Phason on her attacks, meaning her Charge Shot might not be as strong as Samus's, but can build up damage over time much like the effects of Lip's Stick. Say a Charge Shot of Samus deals about 27~28% damage as before, a Charge Shot of Dark Samus would just do 25% damage, but the build up could be a extra 5% for the trade of a bit of KO power. So Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective as a finisher, and Dark Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective to use to build up damage.

Stuff like this really does make a change in the overall game, believe me!

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I bet everything I'm going to say has been said dozens of times but here we go.

Ninten (Ness)
James (Fox - I'll admit it. I'm just looking for an excuse to slap sunglasses onto Fox for the shines)
Black Shadow (Ganondorf - but using his fists instead of a sword - replace his forward and up smash though.)
Shadow (Sonic)
Birdo (Yoshi - can use suction instead of tongue and angle her(his?) head for the egg throw)
Impa (Sheik)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Hilda (Zelda)
Octoling (Inkling)
Raiden (Snake)
Protoman (Megaman)
Mrs. Pacman (Pacman)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The echoes I want as of right now:
Shadow - A sonic echo with a new up special lifted from mewtwo, darkness and fire effects added to punches and kicks respectively and befitting edgy taunts, victory animations and idle animations, as well as his signature running animation.

Impa - A sheik echo with a new stance, new taunts, victory animations and a similar yet new side special where she throws a magical blue bomb that explodes when it hits the ground, could even take after Sheik's gravity grenade custom and be thrown farther and launch opponents towards you.

Jeanne - Less likely due to Bayo keeping her jeanne colours but Pit does the same thing so I'm holding onto hope. Similarly to her games her witch time would require more precise timing, in smash it could last longer as well, her smash attacks would be 1.5x as powerful like in her home game. She'd have unique victory animations and taunts as well.

Ken - I don't know anything about street fighter but after richter it feels necessary

Last edited:

Tanner1

Smash Rookie
What are your thoughts on echo fighters based off of someone from outside their series? I've heard ideas like Blaziken for Captain Falcon or gygas for Mewtwo. On one hand, it would allow more options for different echo characters to get in but I feel like it would be weird if you used the option to collapse the echo fighters in with their counterparts on the fighter select screen and they weren't from the same series. Thoughts?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
What are your thoughts on echo fighters based off of someone from outside their series? I've heard ideas like Blaziken for Captain Falcon or gygas for Mewtwo. On one hand, it would allow more options for different echo characters to get in but I feel like it would be weird if you used the option to collapse the echo fighters in with their counterparts on the fighter select screen and they weren't from the same series. Thoughts?
Hate the idea and there aren't many cases where it really makes sense anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's interesting to be sure and it has been done before but it would only really work with pre-Brawl characters as movesets became more tailored as the games went on.

Here's my big list of Echos

:ultmario:: A particularly lazy Paper Mario, Metal Mario (Smash 64 moveset)
:ultdoc:/:ultluigi:: Dr Luigi
:ultrosalina:/:ultpalutena:/:ultzelda:: Gardevoir
:ultdiddy:: Dixie with some new moves
:ulttoonlink:: Tetra
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow, Blaziken
:ultzelda:: Hilda
:ultsonic:: Shadow, Metal Sonic, Blaze the Cat
:ultike:: Black Knight
:ultsnake:: Big Boss
:ultmegaman:: Roll
:ultyoshi:: Yarn Yoshi
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultcloud:: Zack
:ultdk:: Funky Kong, Kiddy Kong
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ulticeclimbers:: Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
:ultjigglypuff:: Slurpuff
:ultlucario:: Braxien, Zeraora
:ultness:/:ultlucas:: Ninten
:ultmewtwo:: Gigias
:ultpacman:: The Missus
:ultpichu:: Plusle/Minum
:ultpikachu:: Emolga
:ultrobin: Celica
:ultryu:: Every Shotoclone known to mankind.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The echo fighters I think are the most likely are Ken from Street Fighter, Dixie Kong because Chrom proved that moves can be changed and still count as an echo, Hilda, Ninten, and maybe the Octolings. I'm not so sure about Isabelle.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After this Direct, I feel pretty confident that Shadow at least will be an echo fighter. Richter shows us that third party franchises can get second fighters, at least as echo fighters and Shadow is by far the most requested third party who can be. Ken is an obvious second choice and I feel like it's a strong possibility as well. Ken is THE clone character of fighting games, much like Ryu is Mr. Fighting game. Of course there are other choices like Jeanne, Zack or Liquid Snake, but I think Shadow and Ken are the two most likely for third parties.

I wouldn't be surprised if Impa was an echo fighter as well since she had a lot of support during the last game for DLC, and likely had a lot of support on the ballot because everyone else from the Zelda series was an assist trophy at the time, and there's pretty big demand for a new character from that series. Dixie Kong is a very highly requested character and with Chrom we can see that Sakurai can play around with attacks from other characters, and an altered version of DK's up B could work on Dixie.

Including some other decent candidates these would be my picks:
:ultsonic:-Shadow
:ultryu:-Ken
:ultsheik:-Impa
:ultdiddy:-Dixie Kong
:ultvillager:-Isabelle
:ultpalutena:-Medusa
:ultzelda:-Twili Midna/Hilda

Midna is a bit less likely since her Imp form is an assist trophy, but her True form could make for an interesting Echo having most of Zelda's attacks be turned into Twili magic. But if this happens we all know Waluigi fans will have a fit.

I'd want to at least see Shadow make it in just so this video predicted the future.
Kind of.

Also it says Wii U, but I'm pretty sure these are Project M mods.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Possible Echoes (Updated)

:ultmario:- Paper Mario/Metal Mario
:ultluigi:/:ultdoc: - Dr. Luigi
:ultpeach:- :ultdaisy:
:ultrosalina:- King Boo (w/ Boo)/Kamek (w/ Baby Bowser)
:ultbowser:- Dry Bowser/Wart
:ultbowserjr:- Koopa Kid (Yes the one from the GBA Mario Party)/Tatanga/Captain Syrup
:ultyoshi:- Birdo/Boshi
:ultdk:- Funky Kong
:ultdiddy:- Dixie Kong
K. Rool - ?
:ultwario:- Booster
:ultkirby:- Gooey/Shadow Kirby
:ultmetaknight:- Dark Meta Knight/Galacta Knight
:ultkingdedede:- Bonkers/Shadow Dedede/King D-Mind
:ultlink:- Hero's Shade/Shadow Link
:ultyounglink:- Ravio/Shadow Link
:ulttoonlink:- Tetra
:ultzelda:- Midna (Adult)/Toon Zelda
:ultsheik:- Impa
:ultganondorf:- Demise/Yuga/Bellum
:ultpikachu:- Raichu
:ultjigglypuff:- Clefairy
:ultpichu:- Plusle/Minun
:ultmewtwo:- Deoxys/Darkrai/Giygas
:ultpokemontrainer:- Gen. 4 Trainer (Piplup, Grotel, Infernape)
:ultlucario:- Blaziken/Zoroark
:ultgreninja:- ?
:ultmarth:- :ultlucina:
:ultroy:- Chrom
:ultike:- Black Knight
:ultrobin- Celica
:ultcorrin:- Tiki
:ultpit:- :ultdarkpit:
:ultpalutena:- Viridi/Medusa
:ultsamus:- Dark Samus
:ultzss:- Federation Force/Rundas
:ultridley:- Ridley-X/Robo-Ridley/Omega Metroid
:ultfox:- James McCloud/Slippy Toad/Peppy Hare
:ultfalco:- Leon Powalski/Fay/Miyu
:ultwolf:- Panther Caruso/Pigma Dengar/Andrew Oikonny
:ultfalcon:- Black Shadow/Blood Falcon
:ultness:- Ninten
:ultlucas:- Masked Man
:ultolimar:- Alph/Louie
:ultvillager:- Isabelle/Tom Nook
:ulticeclimbers:- ?
:ultlittlemac:- Urban Champion
:ultduckhunt:- ?
:ultshulk:- Dunban
:ultgnw:- ?
:ultrob:- ?
:ultwiifittrainer:- ?
:ultmiifighters:- Robloxian
:ultsonic:- Shadow/Tails/Mighty/Ray/Metal Sonic
:ultsnake:- Naked Snake
Simon Belmont - Richter Belmont
:ultmegaman:- Roll
:ultryu:- Akuma/Ken
:ultpacman:- Ms. Pac-Man/Baby Pac-Man/Pac-Man Jr.
:ultcloud:- Squall Leonhart/Zack Fair
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been brought up at all but... was this a hint at Akuma being an echo? Regardless it's definitely an Akuma reference.

This game does seem to have a theme of Heroes vs Villains/Rivals. Definitely after the opening of K. Rool's trailer.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
As much as I like more villains, I'd be bummed if Akuma is Ryu's echo instead of Ken.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
My top 10 most wanted echo fighters:

1. Dixie Kong (Echo of Diddy but with Donkey Kong's up special)
2. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo, maybe plays closer to the old Ganondorf)
3. Medusa (Palutena)
4. Hilda (Zelda)
5. Shadow (Sonic)
6. Birdo (Yoshi)
7. Raiden (Snake)
8. Ken (Ryu)
9. Ninten (Ness)
10. Zack Fair (Cloud)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Took me a while to pin down who I'd be really wanting to see as an Echo Fighter but:

Like, she's practically build for this kind of a trope, being "Echo" of Ryu in most proactive way. Also, it'd be an amazing honor for Sakura to fight alongside her idol against all sorts of legends from other dimensions out there.

(Also my personal hopes with this would be to team her up with Ness, if for parallels between the characters they take after and contrasting American Urban Boy & Japanese Schoolgirl-vibes)

I know Ken or even Akuma would be much bigger no-brainers due sharing same body build as Ryu - but I feel like she'd be more refreshing and "straightforward" example compared to them to implement as an Echo, much like what we've received up to this point.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Now that we know Echo Fighters can borrow traits from two or more characters, one Echo Fighter I'm hoping to see is Magnus. Mine idea is that he could borrow mainly from Cloud, Shulk, and Ike. He could have mostly Cloud's moves, but Ike's physics. In Kid Icarus: Uprising, Magnus uses kicks and sword slashes. When Pit wields Magnus's sword, he can create shockwaves and whirlwinds. So basing him on Cloud would be ideal. He could basically be a rougher, less slippery version of Cloud whom relies more on reads than combos. In battle, Magnus combines keen intellect with brute force--and that is a deadly combination. He avoids unnecessary combat whenever possible, and is not ashamed to fight dirty.

I honestly believe Magnus was remotely considered for Smash 4, but was ultimately made into an Assist Trophy. Why? Same reason Chrom became Robin's Final Smash. Sakurai is clearly biased toward Kid Icarus: Uprising, given the new items. So I fancy that bolsters Magnus's chances.

A rough moveset I threw together:

Neutral Special (Shockwave): A stronger version of Cloud's blade beam that travels a shorter distance. The move comes out slow, but the beam is fast and powerful. Derived from the Magnus Club.

Side Special (Shield Smash): A stronger version of Shulk's Back Slash. Instead of dealing more damage from behind, it has high shield pressure, making it a bad move to block. Amount of pressure is proportional to the vertical distance at which this move is used. In other words, if Magnus is high in the air when he uses this move, it's pretty much guaranteed to break a shield.

Up Special (Air Slash): A slower, stronger version of Shulk's Air Slash. Guaranteed to kill at high percentages.

Down Special (Tornado): A weaker version of Cloud's "Finishing Touch". Deals multiple hits. Main purpose is to avoid rushdown, as well as punish dodges. Inspired by the Magnus Club.

Jab: Cloud's jab.

Dash Atk: Ripped from Koopa's dash attack. In KI: U, Magnus has a similar dash attack.

Tilts: Cloud's tilts.

Smashes: Cloud's smashes.

Aerials: Basically Cloud's aerials, sans the down-aerial, which is based on Ike's.

Grab & Throws: Could be a mix between Cloud and Ike's throws. Down-throw could combo into Air Slash. Back-throw could combo into Shockwave.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultdiddy:- Dixie Kong
:ultzelda:- Hilda
:ultvillager:- Isabelle
:ultsonic:- Shadow
:ultryu:- Ken
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne

These are the only ones I currently see as having any sort of chance.
Dixie Kong, Isabelle and Shadow have had their chances increased since the last direct, as we still haven't seen any of them in any form, and since Chrom's up special is different from Roy's that means Dixie could do the same thing. I would have said no echo fighters for 3rd party characters, but Richter proved that wrong, and I think Ken and Jeanne would be easy inclusions as they both play exactly like their base characters.

Hilda may not be as likely as some think, BUT I'm still holding out for her because ALBW did release in time for the Smash Ultimate proposal, and I'd like to think it partially explains the decision for Zelda to use her ALTTP/ALBW design if Hilda had been planned from the start as an easy echo fighter. Because otherwise I can't think of a good enough reason to use such an inferior design for Zelda, tbh. Ew.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The concept of echoes has grown on me a bit since they announced Richter, Chrom, and DSamus. I'm actually hoping for a few now that we know that echoes can have some minor changes.

The ones I'd like to see are:
  • Dixie - :ultdiddy: with a new up-B and new FS. Also the tail bones moved to the ponytail.
  • Isabelle - :ultvillager: with different props (office supplies since she's a secretary)
  • Tails - :ultsonic: with Peach's float ability
  • Midna (Twili form) - :ultzelda: where most attacks are darkness element and the specials have twilight visuals. Phantom gets reskinned as a twilight creature.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
So this may have been discussed earlier, but how are you guys displaying echoes on the character select screen? i know for sure I'm keeping them separate. I don't like the idea of other playable characters being tied to another's slot. This would especially be feel weird and off for Lucina and Dark Pit since they had their own slot on the screen in the past. So yeah, I'm for sure having all the echoes displayed with their own slot. That just feels right to me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So this may have been discussed earlier, but how are you guys displaying echoes on the character select screen? i know for sure I'm keeping them separate. I don't like the idea of other playable characters being tied to another's slot. This would especially be feel weird and off for Lucina and Dark Pit since they had their own slot on the screen in the past. So yeah, I'm for sure having all the echoes displayed with their own slot. That just feels right to me.
I'll more than likely keep them separate. It really just makes things easier.

Top Bottom