• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Results

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Mhm good stuff

The guy with the tag 'Mike': Nice friendlys with ya, those ICs are too good.

BEAST: Man good DK dittos. I think ive had enough DK vs DK for a while. Maybe teams next time?

POF: Again good friendlys, Alot of people say DK is a meta counter but I havent read up on that matchup so im not sure, it doesnt look like it but they insist it is.

Cort: You own.

The guy with the Pit I played: Awesome pit, I cant stand his spot dodge, I can see you doing it, can tell when youll do it, but cant stop it. Every time I try I get perfect shield or another dodged grab...

Anyone else, GGs Im sure. Great tournament. Will try to attend more CT tournys and stop playing online the whole time.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
The guy with the Pit I played: Awesome pit, I cant stand his spot dodge, I can see you doing it, can tell when youll do it, but cant stop it. Every time I try I get perfect shield or another dodged grab...
Hah, that was me. Your DK is quite good though, I remember you ***** my Pika in friendlies so I played Pit for our tourney match. Good **** though, keep it up.

Sol

Smash Lord
good tounry, i went almost all ddd cause my snake seemed to just do bad when i used him, whatever i like ddd beter except vs ic, couldnt even tell what was goin on during my match with the DUDE

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
LOL Money /stealth subscribes

Beast, you obviously shoulda been cool like me and just put "-" around your username
-BEAST-

too good.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Shout Outs:

Memphischanins: Nice playing you. Spin Dash to Uptilt clashing is hilarious. Synchonized UpB to UAir is also hilarious Our team name, not so **** hilarious.

Emmy: Good seeing you as always. Green Matches FTW! Good **** in teams too. You guys were great.

UnknownForce: Always cool seeing you. You should totally quit your job and just Smash the rest of the summer. Still can't believe that was the first time you and Emmy teamed. Good job. And nice matches in singles, you are pretty **** awesome. You gotta let me get some Snake/Meta practice off you eventually.

omegawhitemage: It was nice meeting you man, and talking sonic outside. Great friendlies, you helped me learn some about alot of match ups. Like how ludicrously hard it is to get inside Rob. Seriously.

I Can't Win: Nice to meet a fellow Low Tier Player, I'll definatly be checking out your You Tube later this week. Gotta work the front half of the week though. 12 hour night shifts are time constraints.

PC: You're a chill guy. Your hatred of Sonic is one of the few things getting me to stick to the character. Gunna prove he can be used effectively, low tier or not. Still wanting to get in a match eventually. I might just skip friendlies and demand a low seed so I can just play you first round and save time. :p

Cort and DM: Great job organizing and running things. Cort, you good job on racking up yet another first place.

Mike: I'm embarassed about how many times you managed to Ganon Stomp me. Seriously, that ****e hurts.

Baka: Good match. I need to learn how to counter pick on Pit, a less crappy counter pick and I might have potentially maybe taken you to match 3.

Kevin G: Good match. Very good match. Still so angry you managed to get the Fsmash off on me so many times. And got it recorded. Spiking me out of my bair was a painful reminder of how I need to adjust my play. Snake is a beast. Hope I didn't sound to bitter, any time a match feels close I get wicked hard on myself and have trouble letting it go. No hard feelings, good match man.

Any one else I played with good matches. It was yet another fun Esticle. Couldn't believe how quickly Wii's dissapeared though.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Wah... I need some practice. :"|

Hmm, well, it was a fun tournament yet again. Cort probably will never need a job. :"D!

BEAST!!!

Smash Rookie
Good stuff

BEAST was taken on this site so i added !!!, makes for a pretty intense name tho. Anyway, was my first tourney and it was good stuff, im looking forward to going to more. Good DK dittos 2ndchance, teams sounds good, DK punches all around. Icantwin your as Beastly as someone can get with captain falcon, and your snakes getting there, keep it up. Good matches Omega Black Mage, and good friendly s POF and SANTA.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Very fun tourny. Don't remember everyone I played, but I'll do my best:

Lupe: Nice Diddy, I hate Bananas soooo much. But just remember the bananas can be easily used against you too. Friendlies were fun though. I'm also curious why you tried to use Bowser in the second match.

Ace: Nice to see someone dedicated to Sonic in a tourny. Keep improving with him. Also, awesome counterpick against me. The last match was crazy intense for me, I didn't expect you to get spiked either like that. Same with the missle spiking. But it was fun. Nothing to be embarrased about for being recorded. My fights against Swift after you were more embarrasing.

Solid Jake: Gave me motivation to be better with Snake. Looking forward to some friendlies if you're at the next tourny.

Mike: Only played a few with you in 4 player friendlies, but it was always down to us and they were intense and fun. The other two guys with us were fun too.

Mog: Not sure if that was your tag or not, don't quite remember, but fun matches. Same with the other two people that were with you. Random char friendlies ftw.

Sorry for whoever I forgot.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
shoutoutzors:

Icy Light: good talking with u. we need to play next time. also, change ur name to chris ganon

Swift: thnx for the brawl practice

Jake: Good stuff

Cort, Aesir, Sean, JV, Brookman: good times as always

Hayato: we need to do 1v1s next time

Spawn: our team is too good

good seaing ppl. sry i couldnt stay longer, had stuff to get into

Melee is dead.
i'll MM u for the right to say that

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i enjoyed my melee matches those were intense n funn except for all my SDs =0 ill better in brawl in time =] just watch out for me kiiids im fackin goooot =p shouts to all played n not played: goot stuff !

yessirr trade we should play my kirby is uber l33t

PRiDE

Smash Lord
since u put everyones char on the main east coast circuit page.. PRIDE used Yoshi the whole tourn. and ended up losing to a pit... =*(

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
uh, there was Ace and some other dude who played Sonic.

Somthing-Rope, I think his name was. His sonic was pretty good

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
since u put everyones char on the main east coast circuit page.. PRIDE used Yoshi the whole tourn. and ended up losing to a pit... =*(
Your Yoshi was sick nasty... I had to work **** hard to keep up with you that match. Never seen anyone play Yoshi like that... down with tiers!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
oh i was talking about the list on the main east coast site.. all the people chars were listed and ended on me... lol >_>

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Brief shoutouts

Corey -good **** etc etc etc your incredible

cort- oh hai

chris - loluptilt

owm - good **** son, gettin better

mallsantaaa- good matchs, ill get you next time

cat fight - rematch :X

nintendude- ic is too goot! keep it up

roga- rawr, great playing you, too goot

hayato- KIRBAIIII

icy / spawn - great work guys, keep it up

brrokman- you disappeared fast

dazwa - fun matchs

trig- keep going , i was impressed

/ johns for myself
routine playing is bad

ill say this again
if i get my apartment this summer
i demand to play with people frequently, i only get to play at tourneys ; ;

ASL?

Smash Rookie
1st post ever

Eagerly awaiting youtubes of doubles matches.

Nintendude, sweet climbers, thanks for taking me out first round! </3
Cat Fight and Nana, sick 2v2 match. Was a lot of fun.
SJake and OBM, we will have revenge! Luigi's Mansion will get you!
Hayato + Teammate, casual 2v2's after Tourney were a lot of fun.

Anyone who wants to meet up in the Worcester area, Siyko, Memphis and I need some more people to play with. Inbred play 4tl.

Looking forward to the next tourney...

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who wants to meet up in the Worcester area, Siyko, Memphis and I need some more people to play with. Inbred play 4tl.
**** I just left Worcester recently... graduated from WPI. If I had known there were others in Worcester I woulda played with you guys til I left at least... won't be going back there for a while though, hah.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
God ****it! Nobody is going to believe this one, but I had a huge list of shoutouts and was about to post it when I dropped the mouse (I'm using a laptop on a very small desk) which somehow closed the Smashboards window and deleted everything! Needless to say, I'm very annoyed, and as much as I hate to John it, I don't think I can write it all again. I apologize to all of those I had shoutouts for (practically half the players, lol). Instead I'll just do a very brief one to all of you and say that pretty much everyone made this tournament a pleasure to attend and that it was great meeting a bunch of really cool players for the first time.

Best part of the event was Hayato and Roga's friendlies at the end where they were pretending to be super serious and intense (you guys need to let me get in on the next one!) and the green matches! Also, Burger King was great, as were all the very intense teams and singles matches.

LOL@Jake giving Dazwa a shoutout. Aww, and I didn't get a shoutout from POF!

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
^^^Sorry

This is the shoutout-Your MK is really good and probably the best i have played...Im not used to Meta Knight dittos or really facing another GOOD MK so I got ***** pretty bad. (Admit)

But we should definitely play more or get together or something so we can play more....where you from?

Also,

Cort-That post responding to MC was pretty funny.

MC-Your Sonic is pretty good. We need to play

Jake-No shoutout...... :urg:

_Vulcan_

Smash Cadet
yea, i would have to make a shout out to Nintendude, who i pretty much supported during his whole run through the tourney, props to some one thats a beast and play a different character than most others.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
dont cry about shoutouts, plox lol

if i didnt play you at the tourney, i probably wont give you a shoutout >_>

i mean no offense...

i think, ive given dazwa a shoutout, every tourney, of my life though.
so
yeah.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres no way this is part of the ECRC. i thought that was delayed till we got all the details ironed out with cata4 and what not. there was no warning at all

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Ace: Nice to see someone dedicated to Sonic in a tourny. Keep improving with him. Also, awesome counterpick against me. The last match was crazy intense for me, I didn't expect you to get spiked either like that. Same with the missle spiking. But it was fun. Nothing to be embarrased about for being recorded. My fights against Swift after you were more embarrasing.
Honestly, the only embarassing thing, to be frank, was spin dashing into the Fsmash. The first one you got was totally legit. Good timing and you predicted my "tech(not a legit tech but my get up roll) perfectly. I actually really enjoyed playing you and I figured out a new tactic or two against Snake. Wish I played Snake more regularly, it's hard for me to try and get inventive in tourney matches cause I want to play it safe so much, but I need to get creative.

uh, there was Ace and some other dude who played Sonic.

Somthing-Rope, I think his name was. His sonic was pretty good
The only other Sonic I saw was pretty lame. The guy didn't even stick to his guns and use him all tournament. Seriously, he did way better with Sonic than any other character I saw him use.

:p

if i get my apartment this summer
i demand to play with people frequently, i only get to play at tourneys ; ;
Living in Western Ma, with very very few people to play I'd probably consider taking the drive. And by probably I mean it would all depend on the day pretty much.

I've talked to Memphis about maybe heading out there. It's a bit of a drive, but I really do need to play more. Most of my practice comes from Tourney's and I'd like to get past the 3rd round for a change.

Depending on the day I'd be down.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Might as well do shout outs since I'm not at home playing FE9 for the 11th time... :"|

PC - Good matches kind sir. Wish I had some experience playing against ROB because you pretty much ***** me (didn't feel good) :"D!

Cort - Ooooh cold lol. Congrats on 1st. =^__^=

Nintendude - Remoney match sometime. ;"} Yr ICs are amazing.

Sol - ARGH. I was sure Hanenbow was a good counterpick. Well, it was... ****, great matches man.

Hayato - 0-Death Norfair? :"D Good games. Kirby is out for blood. ;~;

MallSanta - GGs and all that. Team friendlies were really fun. See y'at the next Esticle? ;p

Icy - :"O! I wish I got to MM with you. Next time, I guess? Good seein' yah. We didn't get to friendly. :"{

PoF - "I LIKE THE WAY YR SNAKE MOVES" - PoF

PRiDE - Really, I was caught off freakin' guard against yr Yoshi in friendlies. That release grab is too funny lol. GGs.

Swift - Thanks for cheering me on in my match against Sol - haha.

Memphischains - Nice meeting yah d00d. We should do teams at CAT4 if you don't already have a partner. Even though Snake said he doesn't like Sonic in Brawl. ;"P

SJake - Anytime. ;"}

unknownforce

Smash Lord
^^^Sorry

This is the shoutout-Your MK is really good and probably the best i have played...Im not used to Meta Knight dittos or really facing another GOOD MK so I got ***** pretty bad. (Admit)

But we should definitely play more or get together or something so we can play more....where you from?

Also,

Cort-That post responding to MC was pretty funny.

MC-Your Sonic is pretty good. We need to play

Jake-No shoutout...... :urg:
Heh, no problem. As Jake knows (or at least I hope he does!) I wasn't really serious about not having a shoutout and commented about Dazwa because I knew the drill, but I appreciate it nonetheless! I don't think you got "*****" at all and the second match when you used Snake I think you did well. You were also really cool/polite during the match, so props to you!

I live in RI (Wakefield specifically) so I'm not sure how far that is from you. I work all the time though, so it might be tough to play at all. Sunday tends to be the only day I'm free.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I don't know of it matters for teams, but Cat Fight and I used Snake and Marth/Falco.

PC- I never played a ROB before haha that was pitiful.

OBM- We should play again next tourney

Cort-good job, nice tournament

Beast- Your DK is mad good dude we need to chill.

OWM- It was cool to play you you're ROBs pretty **** good

Wes- Someone ate your chubby hubby and no one wants to own up to it. They put it back in the freezer empty :0( it's an outrage. Come hang out for the 21st tourney.

I played like hell haha at least for singles it was awful. Hope to see everyone in a couple weeks.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Wes- Someone ate your chubby hubby and no one wants to own up to it. They put it back in the freezer empty :0( it's an outrage. Come hang out for the 21st tourney.
WHAT?!?!?! This is an outrage. :"{

I... wanted... that. ;~~~;

Top Bottom