• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to give Snake a hard time

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Step 1:
Move Snake offstage. Throwing or forward air works best. This won't work if Snake recovers high, so try not to hit him too far away/at a high angle.

Step 2:
Walk to the ledge

Step 3:
When Snake uses his second jump, use Diddy's down tilt. It has good range, and should work the same way Falco's lasers would steal your second jump.

Step 4:
When Snake uses his Cypher, GRAB HIM.

Step 5:
Wait.

Step 6:
Taunt. (Down taunt is my personal preference)

*Note: Snake can use his C4 to try to get his Cypher back, which is why I did NOT title the thread "How To Gimp a Snake"

Discuss :chuckle:

*I have a replay, but no way to record it. And I don't have a wireless router at the moment, so I can't send it to anyone via Wii. But I saved the .bin file, so if anyone is willing to record it, I can send it to that person

EDIT: The point of this thread was more about the use of Diddy's down tilt and not as much about the grab release...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
when i saw this on the board index, it read:

"Easy way to give Snake a hard..."

needless to say, I was not hoping that "time" was the last word

D1RE

Smash Cadet
grab releasing snake is a pretty common way to gimp him, thus most snakes recover away from the edge of the stage. Still, it works wonders if the snake lets you do it.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Snake's always DI up when they get hit off stage. This never works for me. I can never grab out of cypher.

Player-1

Smash Legend
2 things that also should be said here:

Diddy's Diddy Hump Grab Release works the same as a regular GR, so you basically have a grab offstage.

A second thing, if you grab Snake at a certain angle or if he airdodge and you still grab him or w/e, the cypher can hit you and the angle Snake will go will be different and harder (i think impossible) for Snake to c4.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Yea I want to DHGR Snake so bad but they recover way too high. I'll get the timing one day....:p

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Easy way to not lose to Snake's
Don't play them.
It works out well 4 me...

tibs7

Smash Champion
to beat snake u just have to pressure him with nanas (throw him nearest to any you have on the stage) and whenever he pulls 'nades out put even more pressure so hes thinking of someway to throw the 'nade and dodge your attack.....my brother is a snake main...and yes its rare to grab him when hes using his cypher but what i tend to do when hes high and above me (coming back) pull out 'nanas throw them up at him and follow it up with an aerial ( i normally use uair ) works almost all the time :)

Top Bottom