• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

easy way to get 400+ combos in training achievment.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
i was messing around in training mode the other day with wario and set the cpus damage to 999 then grabbed him and started doing the grab attack. then i discovered they are consecutive hits. i think i got 61 with wario. then i did it with wolf cause he has a really fast grab attack and got 132 i think or around there. then i did this with a few more characters. and it said i unlocked the achievment. if your too lazy to actually want to try the real way to get this then try my method. hope this helps.

note: make sure cpus damage is 999 or else they can escape early. also do with wolf as one of them because his grab attack is really fast.

also i know this is cheap. but who cares.

JrdnS

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Cheap? How can you combo someone up to 400 hits without it being cheap O.O Anyways, that's cool, never knew that grab hits count as combos. Oh, and real way? What would that be? I only know how to do it with Lucario's Aura Sphere, and Shiek's jab.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
a real way to do it would be to get at least a 12 consecutive hit combo with every character. but i dont really care about the achievements. i posted this for anybody that wants all the achievements and this one could take a while. and its not a 400 hit combo. its about 60 with a character you have to do it with multiple charaters. execpt wolf whos is like in the 130s. you can do it the real way if you like. i was just sharing what i found out.

MackyMack

Smash Rookie
Oh, so it's a 400+ combo combined? I thought you had to do it in one shot :p Thanks for clearing that up though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just made a custom stage where the walls keep you trapped. Then I used Pit's angel ring attack and got a 999 combo.

Krakatoa

Smash Cadet
Or...you could use pokeballs, I did it, Ho-oh and Staryu are the best to do that staryu does 30 hits and Ho-oh 80

aeghrur

Smash Champion
lol, I just use pokeballs like krakatoa, but I do want to get a once character 999 combo... :)

~rh

Smash Lord
I just made a custom stage where the walls keep you trapped. Then I used Pit's angel ring attack and got a 999 combo.
I'm about to do that right now. I don't have this achievement yet, thanks.

:laugh:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I used 2 Fans with the ICs on Shadow Moses Island to get 999. This requires button mashing. The Smart Bomb method is easier though.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I made the ultimate Combo stage. You can probably get to 999 combos with every single character in the game on this stage.

I put conveyor belts on both sides that push players toward the center. In the center of the stage is a Falling Block. Right underneath the Block is a tiny walled-in area. Once you and the opponent get into that pit, and the Block regenerates above you, there is no escape from any side! Just keep in mind if you jump the Block will fall again. So do whatever fast standing attacks your character has, and the combo will most likely never end.

Probably the fastest character to use with this method (that I've tried anyway) is Pit. His neutral A combo move is insanely fast. Just keep it up until the enemy hits 400 damage and you're done (unless you want to go farther). With this method it probably only takes about half a minute as well. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I used 2 Fans with the ICs on Shadow Moses Island to get 999. This requires button mashing. The Smart Bomb method is easier though.
I did this same thing on Final Destination. Sheesh, I think I was going numb by the end. I swear the combo counter only goes up one for every two hits you do...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
i pinned the cpu against the little pillar at hyrule temple then i just used my neutral A combo as kirby, got like 500 hits.

Rex+

Smash Ace
I cranked the CPU damage up to 999%, then grabbed them and kept rapidly grab attacking. You get about 100 hits per character depending on who you use, Wolf and Lucario are two examples.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I went to a stage that had a wall, push them near the wall and use the fire flower.
Once that's done. I pick another character and do it over again with another character.
It takes awhile. But it was the only thing I could have thought of at the time. o-o

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I'm a little skeptical...you can only hold Angel Ring for 15 seconds at a time and the lag prevents you from maintaining the combo.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
One more time... Smart Bombs, people!

Quick and easy. Just set one off, and then keep on dropping bombs for a constant explosion.

DethToll

Smash Cadet
I just pressed Shadow Moses with Lucario and Bowser and went to work with neutral B on a wall, old school.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just put the cpu in the corneria wall, and hit him with G&W bug spray over and over.

H@RIK

Smash Rookie
Keke do this: Set CPU damage to 0., get his item like: Spicey curry., then run into your opponent untill hes on the edge.
If ur someone with a good A-bash (game and watch) just bash A and there is ur 232 combo..

then do it on some other chars (60 combo each probably) and done :D

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Put a smart Bomb, hit it when it blows up, press start, put more smart bombs every 4-5 seconds, until the cpu is 999(which doesn't take much) You get it the achievment.

cn23

Smash Cadet
i got like 70 or 80 each if u put a bumper on either side of the cpu and give them a tap, they will just keep going.

Shineenigma

Smash Rookie
All I did was go on Shadow Moses with Kirby push the CPU against a wall and hold down A for a few minutes> Got 999 in one attempt. This must be the easiest method as all you need is a thumb. No timing or effort required.

badmanwolf

Smash Rookie
Smart Bombs, why didn't I think of that! I was grabbing characters, beating them up a bit and throwing them down onto the floor then juggling with this Samus's Screw Attack ball.

Forget that though, when I get home I'm just going to spam them. I want more trophies dammit!

Top Bottom