• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy way to Bannana Choke Chaingrab. Diddy is the new Dedede lol

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
If you don't know what the Banana Choke Chaingrab is, here is a video by NinjaLink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxY7ogT5IZ0

When you throw a bannana at someone it pops infront of them. So I was thinking if you threw a bannana at them close enough, or glide toss forward could you run and pivot grab them while their tripped and then start the chaingrab?

This was just an idea that popped into my head, and I just tested it in training mode. I think a few times I got it to work

This seems like it could be a very effective damage dealer on FD for example. Let me know what you guys think.

edit: If you glide toss down towards them it setups up the bannana choke chaingrab also. credit to underscore

Martial

Smash Apprentice
Huh, I've never even thought about using a pivot grab after a banana hit. Good idea, I'll try it out tomorrow/over the weekend if I have time.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
doesnt work i just tried. when you pivot grab you both slide back a little, out of the range of the nana. although, if you glide toss down when youre right against them it sets it up perfect without a pivot grab.

althought the pivout grab version would work if you had something behind you to stop your momentum.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
i thought the same few days ago, but dont work because when you do the pivot grab, the distance between you and the nana is increased, so when the opponent dont slip.
well, maybe doing this carefully can work, need be tested

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Hmm, I swear I got it to work a few times. Maybe Im wrong.

Underscores glide toss down right next to them works though. Its easier :)

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
well, i eat my words. i was just able to do your idea constistantly. ima test further.

Martial

Smash Apprentice
It might depend on characters. Different characters slide different distances when released from grabs. Ironically, this might work best on characters like Luigi.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
i did on snake with us sliding out of range and snake no sliding out. its just the timing of the pivot grab.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i've known about this for a little while now...glide toss down and pivot grab...nanerz taught me and it worked in our dittos...i've been testing in practice mode ever since with varying success depending on character

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
yeah I've known this for awhile just haven't shared it lol,

You have to be facing them when you glide toss downward towards them, you can then either pivot grab or Dtilt twice at low percents, if you Dtilt twice, they'll get pushed back into the banana and trip, from there you can either Fsmash or grab [ which would set up the banana choke again ]

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
If you guys know about this already, why havent you shared it? :p

Shouldnt we all be sharing all the Diddy techinques we know so all our Diddys can improve?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I knew about this so called "Choke Chain Grab" way before it was posted on the boards, discovered it on my own and an EVEN EASIER way to do it than has been posted so far. Not to mention a bunch more of my own personal discoveries/adv techs.

I would luv to help out the boards but my personal reason for not posting up all this info is out of laziness, not to mention that if I don't post it up then I'm pretty sure that later down the line in like a month or two someone will eventually discover it and post it up. Im such a bum:psycho: LoLz

-advent-

saberhof

Smash Master
If you guys know about this already, why havent you shared it? :p

Shouldnt we all be sharing all the Diddy techinques we know so all our Diddys can improve?
i already did :O...i think i even put it in my thread of the "out of the box" view of diddy

i just did it without the chain grabbing...:O....just a slip> pivot grab > Bthrow

=P

IDK

Smash Lord
i do the glide toss down one. i've done the pivot one a couple times but i never thought of it till you said it.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
i've known about this for a little while now...glide toss down and pivot grab...nanerz taught me and it worked in our dittos...i've been testing in practice mode ever since with varying success depending on character
I dont get it. Where are the bananas placed at the time? When you glide toss down towards your opponent you grab them then Bthrow them and then glide toss chain grab?

saberhof

Smash Master
^ No

when you glide toss down towards them. the banana will be placed in front of them.
Then, when you pivot the grab you will turn around and automaticly grab him, then just keep mashing A to hit him, after he lets go, the banana is in place for the opponent to slip again, then you can re grab and do this for some time until the banana disappears.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Instead of dtilt, at low % you can use a dsmash if you want to rack the damage up quickly. It will still knock them into the banana and you can continue the chaingrab.

What's a good way to finish this off? D3 has Ftilt or another throw to finish of his CG, Falco has the gatling combo or a spike.

What do you guys think of finishing off the chaingrab with a banana pull? If your other banana is still behind the opponent after they trip, if you pull the banana so it would hit your opponent, they can't roll backwards or spotdodge, if they go toward you you can punish them, so their only solution is to go into the air (seems killer against Snake) or shield / catch it, in which case you can run in for a grab or an attack.

BTW does this work on all characters? It would seem so but each character has a different sliding distance too, so it might have to be set up differently for some (but glide toss down should space the banana close enough I think).

Irsic

Smash Ace
The only reason you don't want to dsmash really is because you don't want to diminish diddys top killing move.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
yeah I've known this for awhile just haven't shared it lol,

You have to be facing them when you glide toss downward towards them, you can then either pivot grab or Dtilt twice at low percents, if you Dtilt twice, they'll get pushed back into the banana and trip, from there you can either Fsmash or grab [ which would set up the banana choke again ]
You glide toss down so you have a banana behind you. If you dtilt twice, how can they trip on the banana if it is behind you?

Top Bottom