• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Deva

Smash Lord
Excuse me, but on a whole, eastern washington is not better than Oregon. Western washington is.

Besides that, I still want to MM Chip, because he apparently seems to think that Oregon is just a bunch of nubs. FoosJR is a Sheik main from Oregon, but I would be willing to bet money that my Sheik is better than your so-called "best sheik in WA".

I'm tired of this bull**** that WA seems to hold over our heads.
I didn't say Eastern Wa...Western Wa is better than Oregon. Not Eastern Wa. I was talking about Wa. as a whole. When did Chip say Oregon was a bunch of nubs? When I said best Shiek main I was referring to Matt/SlyD/Tou. or whatever he goes by now. He's ranked 10 on the PR and I don't see any other Shiek mains above him so I'm just assuming he's the best Shiek main. Gimpy, please correct me if I'm wrong. Chip was just angry for losing to a shiek since he hadn't practiced in three months. again, he should have worded his statement more carefully. Now, Eastern has nothing on Oregon, but Western Wa is obviously better. I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal out of this but if you're tired of Western beating you just get bettter. Don't complain to us.

edit:
*raises hand*
I <3 oregon too!

no hard feelings, I just don't see what the big deal is. You guys seem pretty angry.

artifice

Smash Ace
I didnt realize slyd was on the power rankings, or still played the game for that matter. good for him though. maybe he will show up to some spokane tournys? like the one this weekend? at my house?

artifice

Smash Ace
omg sporly2.0

omg a double post.

and omg directions to my house.

well just a map realy.

omg satalite

make sure you stay on the right when coming down ash or you will end up on the bridge. take the right onto broadway it will be a light. take the first left on broadway and then go the 2 blocks it will turn into a dirt road but dont let it deture you. just keep going! follow the map. the last turn says "no river access" and it will be a kinda steep hill.

if i was coming from downtown i would use maple street bridge and then dean street to turn around and come down ash, making sure to get into the right lane. then refer to above paragraph.

im not sure the adress but ill edit the post later tonight when I am

refer to the to banner for info but not the number the number is wrong. -.- 389 1508!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/vanark326/sporlyv2copy.jpg

Balloon

Smash Lord
Deva, "we" aren't angry. I am. "We" aren't making a big deal about it. I am. Make sure you know how to distinguish.

Also, like I said in my previous post, regardless of all that, I still want a money match the first chance we get.

About the "eastern/western" comment, I was just pointing it out. I know that you meant WA as a whole.

Oh yeah, and I'm not really angry/making a big deal out of this. Chip's comment pissed me off at first, but I easily forgive :p.

<3 gimpy also.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
results from tournament.I got good shiz of me on tape :)

1st:RedYoshi

2nd:Alek

3rd: (friend) Charles

and that one kid who said he was going to mm me at ssb64 bailed so were doing it tommorow at my place.

to Metroid:I will promise to mm you.My character vs your fox? $5?

*pretends to cross heart and shakes hand*

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
of course he wouldn't, everyone knows the golden rule of talking on message boards. you have to be the best person you've ever seen/played besides other forumers.

Chip.

you know what to do
Chip, the tournament you got 2nd at I didn't attend AND I've gotten a lot better in the past few months. Also, that "Sheik from Oregon" is actually really good so stfu and quit being a ********. You play ****ing Young Link how can you say you can't believe a Sheik beat you? A Sheik that frequently plays with the best smashers in Oregon, nonetheless? Get over yourself.
wow, you`ve got quite the temper, don'cha? All right, Brady, going by your logic you say you've "gotten a lot better in the past few months"? LOL, you beat me in the match, I did give you kudos for that in real life AND online, BUT I hope you didn't forget our first round did you? Getting 3 stocked does not[/l] show that you've gotten "a lot better", IMO. And sorry, I honestly have NEVER heard of Foos Jr. before, ever. He was pretty good, I admit, BUT I did 2 stock him our second round, which was why I was surprised I still lost to him. Plus, who cares if I use Young Link? I've gotten to the point where it doesn't really matter which charachter I use as long I know the match-up well. So yeah, my Y.Link beat his Sheik by a larger margin than he ever did to me.

I have much more clarifications that will be attended to in the future. I am using my Wii to type this as I speak. And note to self, Wii + Debating DO NOT work well together.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
wow... you must have spent a lot of time typing on your wii lmao... hey, add me to your adress book and I'll do the same for you!

Edit: Then I can send you annoyin mii's and stuff lmao

Deva

Smash Lord
@Balloon, obviously you weren't the only one who was angry as Chip so kindly pointed out. Brady wasn't very happy as his post implied. Please learn to distinguish...>_>...

I haven't made any intentionaly rude comments till now, so what problem do you have with me? It's not a big deal since you aren't angry now, but why imply I don't know how to distinguish? that was a bit rude.

BY THE WAY...
I'm the best Sheik main in WA. My Sheik has only gotten better since I 'quit' her. I don't see slyd or anyone else getting rounds off Sastopher, or knocking Ka-master out or anything. I guess no one noticed I went like all Sheik on Nate and won. He's what? 3rd in WA?

Chip, 10$ Sheik v Ylink MM then, if you wanna tryn knock ou the best.

And Deva, Ylink, is NOT underrated. If you think he is, have Chip or someone else MM me and get 4 stocked. Nate's the best Ylink main in WA IMO, and I can 4 stock his...lol. I guess you don't have to believe that, but ppl didn't really think he was the mewtwo cuz of Paul, but umm..yeah. We all know what happened with that.

Chip said:
BUT I did 2 stock him our second round, which was why I was surprised I still lost to him. Plus, who cares if I use Young Link? I've gotten to the point where it doesn't really matter which charachter I use as long I know the match-up well. So yeah, my Y.Link beat his Sheik by a larger margin than he ever did to me.
It's not who gets more stocks off. Otherwise I would've won the last GC xD.
"I 2 stocked ka, and all other matches were 1 stock, i win, right"?
im assuming the 2nd round was ur counterpick, could that be why you 2 stocked him...?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Deva, I wasn't trying to be rude, so sorry. I'm just used to people seeing a post from one person from a region and taking it as the whole region rather than just that one person. Also, I'm not exactly sure where Brdy stands region wise (I want him in Oregon), so dunno if that really counts for anything :p.

I don't want any trouble with you though man. You seem cool enough and you aren't acting ********.

Chip, whenever we could possibly get the chance, money match? 2 stocking and 3 stocking people doesn't really matter that much IMO unless it's a completely consistent thing.

And lol@never hearing of foosjr before. Are you implying that you're well known or something? XD

In other words,
"leave it to Otto and Shane, ohohohoh those kids. 16 year olds hohoho. time to side with eberyone because im GIMPYFISH"

>___________>
read it in a weird voice and it wont come out as bad. weirder voice when reading gimpyfish.
....yeeeeaaaaaaaaaah

Deva

Smash Lord
@Otto, you seem to be missing one of my posts. I said he was the best Sheik MAIN. Do you main Sheik now? Using Fox in every tourney match with an occasional Falcon for the past three tournaments or more says otherwise. Also, I only played your Sheik once in a friendly and won. Just based on that, Matt's Sheik is better, though perhaps only better against Links. Then again, I haven't had a serious match with your Sheik so IDK. Regardless, he's one of the top Shiek Mains in Wa. and Chip does quite well against him. Based on how you play, I seriously doubt you would come even near 4 stocking Chip with your Shiek. I understand where you're coming from since you've never seen him play, but you'll have to trust based on my experience; his Y.Link does really well against Sheik. Ask FoosJr, the Sheik he lost to after Chip had three months of inactivity. He'd tell you it was far from an easy match.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
my names GIMPYFISH. i'm the new kid. i like to main BOWSER. HEY! IS THAT MY SEAT?!

edit: ottos sheik is by far the best sheik in washington, beating it in a friendly doesn't really mean anything, i've probably beaten it in a friendly with bowser but really who cares amirite?

moral of the story? otto is good at smash, bad at pr. and no, not power rankings. XD

Deva

Smash Lord
my names GIMPYFISH. i'm the new kid. i like to main BOWSER. HEY! IS THAT MY SEAT?!

edit: ottos sheik is by far the best sheik in washington, beating it in a friendly doesn't really mean anything, i've probably beaten it in a friendly with bowser but really who cares amirite?

moral of the story? otto is good at smash, bad at pr. and no, not power rankings. XD
I don't deny he's the best Sheik, just not the best Sheik Main, since he doesn't MAIN Sheik. I know the PR isn't very accurate at the moment due to the absense of SKYPAL, RC, and other good players, but based on the current PR, Matt is the best Sheik main.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
nobody is arguing that otto mains sheik, we are just pointing out that when you say "best sheik in washington" you should mean the "best sheik in washington"

shoulda just kept it at eastern washington mate ;P

Peaches

Smash Lord
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter who you main. The best Shiek is the best Shiek.

If say. . . for instance, someone really ****ty decided to main only Donkey Kong and they did okay ish with Donkey Kong but they never played anyone else. Now, one of the top players does not main Donkey Kong; however, they can do better with DK than the person who is no good. But despite this you could say they (the not so good person) are the best DK main. Which honestly means jack because it's not the best DK.

*sigh*

>_> I should be the become the best Wireframe main.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter who you main. The best Shiek is the best Shiek.

If say. . . for instance, someone really ****ty decided to main only Donkey Kong and they did okay ish with Donkey Kong but they never played anyone else. Now, one of the top players does not main Donkey Kong; however, they can do better with DK than the person who is no good. But despite this you could say they (the not so good person) are the best DK main. Which honestly means jack because it's not the best DK.

*sigh*

Nope, sorry, I believe Eggz already has that title.:ohwell:

brdy_

Smash Lord
I thought it was ******** that Chip was johning about losing legitimately to two players at the tournament. He said a ******** thing about Foos and I so I call him a ********.

It doesn't matter if you two or three or four stocked me in any of our matches - they're 2/3 for a reason ;) (stage matchup anyone?). Our matches are always close (don't forget the 70/30 Y. Link advantage) and they go either way - in the MM I lost a long time ago, I won 2 in a row then you won 3 in a row. What does that mean? It means you won that match. It was close.

I feel like I've gotten a lot better in the past few months and hopefully a lot of people I play with will agree. I may be better, but I still get 3 stocked by people. I certainly haven't gotten worse.

Balloon

Smash Lord

*sigh*

This has always been my feeling on the whole "best so and so main" issue.

:)

Deva

Smash Lord
nobody is arguing that otto mains sheik, we are just pointing out that when you say "best sheik in washington" you should mean the "best sheik in washington"

shoulda just kept it at eastern washington mate ;P
There was a post soon after where I clarified he was the best Sheik MAIN. Not the best Sheik. I don't see anyone above him on the PR who mains Sheik.

@Peaches: Yeah, just cuz you're the best Sheik main doesn't mean jack. But just cuz you're the best Sheik main and are 10th on the PR does mean something. Really, the point is whether or not Matt is the best Sheik main, he's obviously a pretty darn good one. Chip does really well against him, hence he does well against Sheiks in general, which is why he did well against FoosJr, but was a bit confused when he lost.

Brady, let it go. I thought I aleready explained this, but he doesn't get access to the internet very often so when he does, he makes really long posts trying to cover all that he missed. It was a bit unorganized as he just threw everything out there and didn't clarify what he meant. He wasn't trying to be offensive. He just forgot to explain what he meant when he lost to you guys. He said"I lost to Brady and a Sheik from Oregon, WTF." He didn't mean Foos was a bad Sheik, he was just annoyed he lost since he hadn't played in three months and before that had done really well against Sheiks. When he mentioned you he just meant Y.Link does well against Peach and since he three stocked you the first round he was really surprised he ended up losing the set. Please, just give him a break, he wasn't trying to be offensive. He just didn't word his statement very carefully.

By MAIN, I mean one of my mains. my Sheik is as good as my Fox.
When I said I'd 4 stock chip, i meant with Fox, because you said Ylink is underrated. I was just saying.

As far as beating me in a friendly with Link goes. >_>___>_>_>_>___>
I could most liekly 4 stock you and chips links/ylinks. get it? I can CG reaaaly good?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
wow...

anyways I won the mm with that player who now chooses to remain anonymous.It was best 4/6 and I got some great shiz on tape :) .Although he refused to give me the $5 I feel like I won in style and skill.

edit:woot! I'm officially a 10th grade today :)

redguy2021 said:
wow...

anyways I won the mm with that player who now chooses to remain anonymous.It was best 4/6 and I got some great shiz on tape .Although he refused to give me the $5 I feel like I won in style and skill.

edit:woot! I'm officially a 10th grade today
4/6...? Those are always cool. >_>
I hate it when I'm doing that, and we're both at 3 wins, but it's only outta 6 so we have to call it a tie XD >_>

whoa, ur a 10th grade? im in u for another week >_>

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Like one match I had with him I actually 0-deathed him 3 times so he yells "****!" .Then when I tell him to give me my $5 he says "no way,Play me at Halo2!" I say "that was not part of the agreement!" He seemed pretty embarassed from my perspective.

edit:I'm going to school tommorow to play other students at my school to see how I do against them at ssbm and ssb64.I wanted to play this one kid in my 6th period who claims he all professional when all he does is stall and talks trash by saying to other students "I'm going to kick your ***!."I really would've enjoyed whooping his *** but I didn't have another controller :( .no johns

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
BTW Kamaji I don't hate you.Today at school I went around playing other people at smash and ssb64 and I only lost 1 match at ssbm :( against this one good sheik player with my falcon by 2 stock :( .Then I play this one kid and he quits 4 times when I'm ahead by 4 stock,And when I miss the bus I say "****" and have to walk home for 49 minutes.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Everyone that is arguing about things and taking things seriously should continue, it's providing many lulz.

Hey, I think I'm going to that Sporly thing. 1pm though.. that sucks. Means I'll have to wake up at noon.. lame. See ya'll there.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
omg sporly2.0

omg a double post.

and omg directions to my house.

well just a map realy.

omg satalite

make sure you stay on the right when coming down ash or you will end up on the bridge. take the right onto broadway it will be a light. take the first left on broadway and then go the 2 blocks it will turn into a dirt road but dont let it deture you. just keep going! follow the map. the last turn says "no river access" and it will be a kinda steep hill.

if i was coming from downtown i would use maple street bridge and then dean street to turn around and come down ash, making sure to get into the right lane. then refer to above paragraph.

im not sure the adress but ill edit the post later tonight when I am

refer to the to banner for info but not the number the number is wrong. -.- 389 1508!
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/vanark326/sporlyv2copy.jpg
the most confusing directions, ever.

Deva

Smash Lord
By MAIN, I mean one of my mains. my Sheik is as good as my Fox.
When I said I'd 4 stock chip, i meant with Fox, because you said Ylink is underrated. I was just saying.

As far as beating me in a friendly with Link goes. >_>___>_>_>_>___>
I could most liekly 4 stock you and chips links/ylinks. get it? I can CG reaaaly good?
In most cases Main refers to your number one most used character. From there it's considered senondary characters and after that other characters.

I doubt you could four stock him with Fox either. Two or three stock, but I highly doubt four.

I can't beleive you just said that. Lol. You're the best Sheik in Washington yet you don't know the DI patterns of CGing against Link or Y.Link...

I apologize if that came out a bit harsh. I didn't mean it like that. I mean you either can chain grab or you can't. There is no "reaaaly good" at it. Aside from that, Sheik's chain grab on Link only works for about 20-40% of damage if that. DIing up and away from Sheik let's you get out of the CG at rouhghly 40-50%. Also, Link can tech the d-throw at lower percents by DIing down and away from Sheik. If you plan on 4 stocking us with Sheik, you're gonna need more than CG lol. Please, prove me wrong. Four stock me. I've yet to play a Sheik that has done better than go even with me, even in a tournament.

Top Bottom