• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

brdy_

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the brackets? James is saying I'm wrong about the placements... I could have sworn Deva got 4th, not 5th. Just post the real results I'll delete my post till then.

PS: Did anyone notice Ken locked our thread? lol. We should probably turn this thread into the Biweekly thread as well (have Otto change the title of it).

PSS: James is right about the singles placements. is this it? NATHAN wru?

1st Aftermath
2nd Brdy
3rd Ratking
4th Foos
5th Deva
5th RedYoshi
7th: Mersh
7th: KC
9th: Chip
9th: Peaches
9th: Kamaji

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
thanks.I actually talked to my dad a few weeks ago and he said that he would let me host ssbm tournaments in his garage all this summer.So hopefully I will get some competetive players over at my place this summer :)

brdy_

Smash Lord
Shoutouts from SpORLY 1st Edition:
All in all it was a (expectedly) small turnout but a very awesome and very chill tourney. All of my singles matches were too close. lol. I'm really glad Oregon could come.

;;;;;;;;;

Nathan - badass tournament, badass name. SpORLY owns. Thanks for having this it was a lot of fun. I hope you guys continue to have these and follow through with the biweekly idea. Also, play more? =/

Andrew - I still can't believe that you have a soft serve ice cream machine at your house. Your mormon friends have weird names. Also, thank you for being an awesome host and tell your parents they rawk.

Aftermath - I wanna play your Samus more, it was fun to play against and I need some samus experience. @_@. good job ohko samus sweeping everyone :O. good seeing you again and thx for the Pokemon and lets play more this summer mangz.

Kyle - Our match was the closest, most intense match of my life (moreso than every other close, intense match). Thanks for coming man it was awesome to see you again as well... I hope you dont consider me as scrubby as I was at TANG 12. lmao. again, TOO CLOSE.

Foos - Lets pokebattle.... and we can smash more this summer.

Redyoshi - You played very well, good job in teams your Ganondorf *****

Mersh - Nice job in the tourney. Like I said, work on doubles! haha. dont steal a life right as Foos fsmash tips me at 150% @_@

Casey - Peach FTW

Kamaji - Play more. Your teammate was too good.

Chip - Our match was soooooooo ****ing close, I can't believe how that nair saved me and won me the match. I would love to play you more but unfortunately I'm leaving this Thursday for Oregon until Fall. =[

Deva - Nice seeing you as always, your Link is so hard to play a lot of the time. I am glad you and Brendan could stay to play in singles and I hope I can play you again before I leave.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Artifice - Sorry we only got to play a few friendlies right when I got there, your peach was fun to play, since it was smart, even if you didn't always get the tech right. Keep practicing and try to play a little more defensive (without rolling so much) and you should be quite formidable.

Brdy - thx4housing n gg

Chip - It was good playing you, you have a surprisingly fast YL. Your set with Brdy_ was crazy intense to watch.

Deva - Good tournament set. The first match could have gone the other way if you didn't SD twice. When doing the sex kick edgeguard, make sure to jump out backwards so you can grapple the stage and not get edgehogged.

Mersh - Wow, you're really good for this being your first tournament. We only played in teams, but I saw you doing pretty well in the tournament. Also, when there is a tournament match, DO NOT reach or cross in front of the TV, it's rude and really distracting. It was your first tournament, so you probably didn't know, but just something to keep in mind.

Nick - Nice job in teams. I don't think I played you in singles at all, we'll have to get a friendly or two in next time I ome to Eastern WA.

Peaches - Good playing you again, have you dropped ICs completely? I don't remember playing you specifically outside of teams, Spokane has too many Peaches >_>

RedYoshi - Congrats on fifth. Don't take us asking about your Yoshi too seriously, Mew2King has a name comparable to yours and never touches Mewtwo. You were much better than I thought you would be in teams, considering it was your first time, and it's awesome that you play so many characters. Keep entering tournaments and practicing and you'll definitely become best in Spokane in no time. Also, if you do want to host tournaments, post it in the Regional Section so that more Pacific West people will see it, since I'm sure like none of us check the regular Tournament Discussion area.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

James- thanks for driving and playing teams with you was fun, we do need to get together this week though so i can practice up on my marth.

Kyle- thanks for driving, we need to get together this week along with jesse and james so i can practice up on my marth.

Brady- thanks for housing and nice meeting you your peach is definatley good, perhaps we'll team in the next tourney we meet at, sorry you got bummed out of a teammate.

Redyoshi- you should definatley enter the tournaments more often you were really good, a lot better than i thought you would be even though i didn't see your yoshi all of your other characters are pretty good, the only thing that i can say is try not to be to predictable with your Captain falcon. I saw it run away and the run back in and do a knee like 12 times in a row, just try to switch it up more. Your gannon did really good in teams too, i think that you and ratking you make a pretty good team.

Deva- Good games, next time if we play friendlys i'll have to make sure i'm not so tired :) the only thing i have to comment on is your edge guarding, you should try to do more nutrual air edge guarding.

Chip- You gave me a run for my money in our sets I was worried i was gonna lose very nice edge guarding but the same goes for you as i said above you should work on your nutrual air edge guarding.

Nathan- Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was fun, definatley one of the better hosted tournaments i've been at. Also ggs in the tournament even though you made some mistakes in there just work on your off the edge game a bit more and you will surley be beating me.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I haven't played Ice Climbers in like . . . years. I've never really played them that much actually.

Good games everyone, I'd like to maybe play again. And BTW. . . that perfect score I got in Beatmania. . . apparently there's an autoplay feature and I didn't know about it because well. . . it's in japanese.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Also, Spokane -> Seattle HAS to be way shorter than to Portland -> Spokane or vice versa. From Spokane you get onto I-90 pretty quickly, and that goes all the way to Seattle. So it's like 4 hours tops, maybe two hours by helicopter.

Binx

Smash Master
Do you think Smash Bros melee is better than 007 golden eye? Smash at the time of this post is losing by only 2 votes in an incredibly bias (towards FPS) best game ever contest 57 to 59. Smash needs your support, please spread the word, MLG is incredibly easy to sign up for, lets push this to first place http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105506

Happy smashing!

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I loved the ice cream.I had like 3 serving of it.

*Mom interupts and yells at me to brush my teeth*

Anyways guys don't worry about me not using yoshi that tournament.I wasn't practicing with him this month,so don't worry about it.the reason why I was knee like 12 times is because I was exercising my mindgames.I also am more confident when I use other characters like Ganondorf. The reason why I wasn't confident in teams for like 10 min is because I remember Kamaji telling me at "the Dan" that I wasn't a good team partner because He enjoys pissing me off and making me feel less confident like when I told him I wasn't using fox because I'm busy getting more technical.So when I play him and he beats me,he celebrates to himself and tell him thats bull **** what he just did.And thx for the positive comments guys :) .As long as I don't have summer school this summer I will be able to host tourneys at my place.

artifice

Smash Ace
Guys we need ideas for a place to host a tourny on the (16?th). MY place will be a last resort. Lets get some good ideas going!

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
I don't care wherewe host the bi-weeklies. As longas they actually happen, I am fine.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I loved the ice cream.I had like 3 serving of it.

*Mom interupts and yells at me to brush my teeth*

Anyways guys don't worry about me not using yoshi that tournament.I wasn't practicing with him this month,so don't worry about it.the reason why I was knee like 12 times is because I was exercising my mindgames.I also am more confident when I use other characters like Ganondorf. The reason why I wasn't confident in teams for like 10 min is because I remember Kamaji telling me at "the Dan" that I wasn't a good team partner because He enjoys pissing me off and making me feel less confident like when I told him I wasn't using fox because I'm busy getting more technical.So when I play him and he beats me,he celebrates to himself and tell him thats bull **** what he just did.And thx for the positive comments guys :) .As long as I don't have summer school this summer I will be able to host tourneys at my place.
Dude, I celebrade because 90% of the time I dont do it if you didnt notice lmao. You really need to learn when people are joking though, because I wouldnt seriously call you a bad team partner knowing you were better than me. I just was stating that it was ironic that you died before me most of the time in teams.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I completely agree with you guys.I would love to hype myself up and play like I did last night.

maybe Western WA could come over sometime to my tourneys this summer if they want.

to brdy:It's time...

I completely agree with you guys.I would love to hype myself up and play like I did last night.

maybe Western WA could come over sometime to my tourneys this summer if they want.

to brdy:It's time...
Make the entry large enough and Nate will be more motivated to go. So instead of a 10% chance of him going, it would be like a 30% chance lol.

It would help, but I don't think it'd be easy to get him to drive either way is what I'm saying. Unless he beats every RPG ever made and Thomas dies, lol.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
you guys still doing matches all the way out in liberty?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Man, I need to keep playing you guys in order to not suck, but I usually only get to maybe once a month, and I end up being so out of practice that I start out back where I was last time! Grrr... Someone needs to live by me or something...

Top Bottom