• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, my trip has been confirmed. I will definitely be in Richland, Washington from April 7 to April 15. The bad news is that I absolutely cannot host an event. I'd have to stop by an event already being held in the area. So, if someone can persuade Sandman or Sk8nMasta to host a smashfest/tournament then I can smash some of you guys. Otherwise, it seems this will end up being a missed opportunity. I'm coming to spend time with family and show my wife around my hometown. So, I'm not exactly free to "do whatever I want".

I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up. After this trip, I really don't know if I'll ever return to Washington in the next few years. :( See y'all when Brawl comes out, perhaps... ?

Chip.

you know what to do
What!? No Buzz!!?

This can't be, I have to have a Young Link ditto with you.

M3tr01d, didn't you say you'd re-scedule your "Spokane vs. Seattle/East vs. West side/EWWW" tourney thingy? If so, do you think you can come to that Buzz?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Where exactly would this event take place? I can't drive too far, nor can I be gone too long should I decide to go to a smashfest or tournament. I'm coming to Washington on account of family visits, so any smash event would be an extra to the trip. Fortunately, my mother and father both work during the day (since all the kids are out of the house), so I could probably get away with something.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
What CITY? I'll be in RICHLAND. Check out how far it is on Google Maps. ;)

Chip.

you know what to do
Eeesh, fine I'll go check.

*Goes to check*

Uhh, well Richland looks like it will be quite a bit of a drive from Spokane, I'm not sure if you'll have any time to make it to the tourney.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
*checks Google Maps*

*sees the required two-hour drive*

*dies*

Hmmm... this may prove quite tricky. Ummm... come to Richland... ? ^_^

Peaches

Smash Lord
I'll see what I can do; I'll PM sandman and see if how he's doing. Don't know if I'll get a reply.

artifice

Smash Ace
ill be accepting MM's for 007.

edit // Red yoshi i changed your smashwiki bio, I think those things are better when someone else writes them plus I have experience with writing articles like that. but I mostly used the information you provided.

Looks a lot more professional now. http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/RedYoshi

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Is there a halfway venue we could possibly meet at? (1 hour drive for both sides)

iSam

Smash Cadet
I want to make it to Spokane, probably will bring RC and play with you guys. You should tell me a date that works for you guys. I have to work most weekends, but if I can plan ahead a bit it will all work out.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
ill be accepting MM's for 007.

edit // Red yoshi i changed your smashwiki bio, I think those things are better when someone else writes them plus I have experience with writing articles like that. but I mostly used the information you provided.

Looks a lot more professional now. http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/RedYoshi
ummm thanks dude :)

Did I ever tell you guys I've been secretly playing mew2 for 5 years?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
If someone wanted a tournament at the pizza parlor they'd have to give me the $50 for a deposit, I don't have the cash right now, which is why I haven't hosted anything. You can just take the $50 out of what everyone pays for entry fee like I normally do. I'll do all the advertising and brackets and stuff like that. I just can't actually book the place yet because of no money. :lick:

If anyone is interested in paypalling me $50 we can decide on a date that people are free on and I'll book it. PM me.

Buzz should stay in Western Washington and go to GameClucks and Dan Tourney.
Is anyone going to GameClucks? Or just Dan Tourney.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I should stay in western Washington? I'll be in eastern Washington in Richland. How would I get over there? :laugh:

brdy_

Smash Lord
Semi-professional my ***.

ROFL who wrote my profile on Smashwiki? It is totally awesome. AND moderately untrue! XD

Peaches

Smash Lord
Ummm. . . . I don't know if we can go to Aaron's next week. We should all go to Liberty Lake so we will have more than 2 TVs and PLENTY of space.

Comments?

Also, why does anyone in Eastern WA have a profile on wiki? lololol

ALSO, Sandman hasn't logged in for months.

brdy_

Smash Lord
My house is better. Bring more TV's.

PS: No one in Eastern Washington is semi-professional. Maybe if some of us went to a real tournament and placed well we could call ourselves semi-pro, but until then we're just players that range in skill level mostly between average and slightly above average. I'm O.K., not "really good."

PSS: Also, as I've said before, I wouldn't presently consider SHFFL a team with many "highly skilled" players; it is a group of overall average players (but above average players as compared to the rest of Eastern WA). Smashwiki shouldn't be misinformational. If I could get permission from some of you, I will rewrite your pages on Smashwiki in a short while, when I have time. Be sure to keep in mind I'm an English scholar ;)

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
My house is better. Bring more TV's.

PS: No one in Eastern Washington is semi-professional. Maybe if some of us went to a real tournament and placed well we could call ourselves semi-pro, but until then we're just players that range in skill level mostly between average and slightly above average. I'm O.K., not "really good."

PSS: Also, as I've said before, I wouldn't presently consider SHFFL a team with many "highly skilled" players; it is a group of overall average players (but above average players as compared to the rest of Eastern WA). Smashwiki shouldn't be misinformational. If I could get permission from some of you, I will rewrite your pages on Smashwiki in a short while, when I have time. Be sure to keep in mind I'm an English scholar ;)
I understand :)

yay,my 500th post :)

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Liberty lake is far.
Maybe it's not so bad for Spokane people. And I shouldn't be saying much since I just met you guys and Cheney residents are in the minority. That's just my thought on that. Still, I definitely will not be making it out there. I doubt anyone really cares too much.

I don't think it's convenient for Spokanies to come out to Cheney either, but it's not further than Liberty Lake. Anyways, here's a suggestion: I have a 27 inch in my office (decent sized) with two chairs, and a 42 inch w/ surround sound in my living room with a 3-4 people seating couch and two chairs. I live alone, no noisy room mates, no alcohol/drugs allowed. Smoking of the cigarettes is allowed on my back and front porch.
Last bus in Cheney is 10:20pm on week days and I don't know about weekends, look it up on STA's website. If some people wanted or needed to they could sleep in the office and living room, there's enough room for about 5-6 sleeping bags, plus the couch can fit one.
Fridays and Saturdays are good.
and I'm starting to try and keep this place clean now so no messes.
and there's a 24 hour zips down the road with a nice bubble bobble machine, too.
i'll MM my marth against someone for a game of bubble bobble.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
well... go ahead and write about me... I think it is unfair if you write about yourself though, some people may have big heads or else should have someone else look it over first to okay it. but I give permission to anyone to write my profile.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
wells, from downtown its a few mins shorter to get to cheney by driving, but i guess if most live further east like in the valley, then yeah they would be closer.

46 min drive from cheney to ll..

yeah. it was still cool playin with ya guys tho. if theres any matches again in spokane i'll try and make it.

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually, anyone who competes in tournaments can be considered semi-pro. Then again the only real tournament we've been to was M3tr01d's and that was a really long time ago.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Nope, I haven't been playing melee at all. I've learned a lot more tricks for N64 smash though, but that's about it. I've been pretty busy lately.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Hey guys. April 21st. Tournament. Andrew's house. Food will be provided. I hope I have the date right. More info tomorrow.

BTW that date might be WAY off.

Top Bottom